Failed to mount cd:/// .... No tcl?

From a terminal I ran 'sudo zypper dist-upgrade' and things were going
along fine until it got to here:

Retrieving package tix-8.4.3-1.63.i586 (87/136), 1.2 M (2.9 M
unpacked)

Failed to mount cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0,/dev/sr1 on
/var/adm/mount/AP_0x00000009: No medium found (mount: No medium found on
/dev/sr1)

I want to install Pidgin and I keep getting the failed to mount cd
message.

What does this mean?  Where do I begin to try to understand this
problem so it can be fixed.

Also:

Retrieving package tcl-8.5.5-1.38.i586 (88/136), 1.7 M (5.0 M
unpacked)
Failed to mount cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0,/dev/sr1 on
/var/adm/mount/AP_0x00000001: No medium found (mount: No medium found on
/dev/sr1)

This tcl thing keeps popping up.

If I've asked in the wrong place or not provided the needed info,
please let me know and if the thread is moved, that's cool.
Thanks.

--
PurpleRainbow

PurpleRainbow
6/28/2009 2:26:01 AM
opensuse.org.help.hardware 8187 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This will show your configured repositories

> zypper lr --details

You probably need to disable your installation media repo (dvd). For
example, if its the first (by number) then you could do something like

> zypper mr --disable 1

Then you should be ok.

--
deano_ferrari
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122

0
deano
6/28/2009 3:06:01 AM
Thank you for the quick response.  I tried 'zypper mr --disable 1' and
got:

Repository '20090624-121257' has been sucessfully disabled.

OCI at opensuse produced 'Failed to mount
cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0,/dev/sr1 on /var/adm/mount/AP_0x00000001: No
medium found (mount: No medium found on /dev/sr1'.

zypper lr --details includes:

| openSUSE 11.1-0        | openSUSE 11.1-0                       | Yes
| No      |   99     | yast2  | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0,/dev/sr1

So I'm thinking I need to disable this also?

Thank you to anyone who can help.  I've been trying to figure this out
and am totally overwhelmed.  I hope it will make sense and seem simple
to me at some point.

--
PurpleRainbow
PurpleRainbow's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=29864
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=417124

0
PurpleRainbow
6/28/2009 6:06:01 AM
Yes, you need to disable repo pertaining to your dvd drive. (The 'zypper
mr --disable 1' command was just an example of how to do this assuming
it was repo #1). It looks like you don't have any other repos configured
yet.

Ideally, you should have the oss, and non-oss, and updates repos
eanbled for your openSUSE version. Packman is also recommended. See
additional repos as described here:

'Additional YaST Package Repositories - openSUSE'
(http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories)

Add them via YaST > Software > Software Repositories

When done, you can do 'zypper lr --details' again and post here for
someone to check.

--
deano_ferrari
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=417124

0
deano
6/28/2009 6:56:02 AM
These links may also be useful to your learning:

'Package Repositories - openSUSE'
(http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Repositories)

'YaST/Modules/Software Management - openSUSE'
(http://en.opensuse.org/YaST_Software_Management)

'Concepts - openSUSE' (http://en.opensuse.org/Concepts)

--
deano_ferrari
deano_ferrari's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=122
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=417124

0
deano
6/28/2009 7:06:02 AM
PurpleRainbow;2005044 Wrote:

> | openSUSE 11.1-0        | openSUSE 11.1-0                       | Yes
> | No      |   99     | yast2  | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0,/dev/sr1

I was able via Yast to disable the above device, then was able to
install Pidgin.  However, Pidgin won't run, it looks like it's loading
but it's not running and doesn't show in System Monitor and I'm having
the same problem with Firefox.  I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place
for these problems so I should take them elsewhere.

There are repos enabled, including Packman, I just didn't post
everything.  I might do that later.

Again, thanks so very much for your rapid, helpful replies.

--
PurpleRainbow
PurpleRainbow's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=29864
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=417124

0
PurpleRainbow

HELP! NFS mounting fails with "mount.nfs: no such device"
Not the first time I'm setting up NFS, and all other times I succeeded. But this time, I didn't. I have 2 opensuse server, one on 10.3 (the client, addr 100.2) and one one 11.1 (the server, addr 101.2). The client says "mount.nfs: no such device". More detailed: mount.nfs: timeout set for Wed Apr 22 15:30:20 2009 mount.nfs: text-based options: 'addr=192.168.101.2' mount.nfs: trying 192.168.101.2 prog 100003 vers 3 prot TCP port 2049 mount.nfs: trying 192.168.101.2 prog 100005 vers 3 prot UDP port 55858 mount.nfs: text-based options: 'addr=192.168.1...

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help Help Help

Netware 6.5 SP4 install fails with "Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume NW65OS" error !
I am doing a fresh install of Netware 6.5 SP4. The volume label of the CD is NW65OS. During install, I get the following error when it tries to mount the CD- ROM: Failed to mount the CD-ROM volume "NW65OS". Some possible reasons are... Correct the problem if possible. (nwconfig-6-391) I've tried the jumper settings and changed many cdroms, to no avail. Anyone has the solution or the work-around ??!!! Thanks a lot !! boot from CD-ROM and install that way. > > I am doing a fresh install of Netware 6.5 SP4. > The volume label of the CD is...

Help Help Help Help

mounting usbdrive failed. help.
I use a usb mounted drive to dump backups too and sometimes it decides to "crap" out. By crap out I mean it puts itself into read only mode. I usually just umount it and mount again as follows: mount /dev/sdb1 /media/usbdrive/ that usually works....BUT now it gives me this error: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, or too many mounted file systems in messages I get: Jul 30 16:39:57 foo kernel: scsi1: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB: Read (6) 00 00 47 08 00 Jul 30 16:39:57 foo kernel: Current sdb: sense key Medium Error Ju...

help help help help

Failed to mount cd:/// etcetera
Hi - ISSUE: Setting up my DSL. After I've selected my ISP and entered my UN/PW, etcetera, OpenSUSE tries to read the software repository on the install DVD, but it can't. Error message after spinning up: "Failed to mount cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0 on /var/adm/mount/AP_0x0000001: Mounting media failed". So then I tried getting OpenSUSE to simply read the DVD. But after spinning up, I got the error message "Failed to mount 'SU1100.01'. org.freedesktop.hal.storage.mount-removable no <-- (action, result)." BACKGROUND: New Linux user here. ...

PLEASE HELP - we are running out of ideas ...WAS: first results trying serveral solutions ... Re: Hardware Migration: 5.1 to 6.5 upgrading to EDir fails
Hi! We now have tried serveral solutions ... Running dsrepair und pkidiag we get all errors fixed ... there can't be find any more errors! But when we start installing edir ... we got errors while updating the nds after the reboot - as the got them all the times before --- cut here --- /**************************************************************************************** Tuesday, 25 October 2005 8.51.22 Begin schema update for: SYS:SYSTEM\SCHEMA\nds500.sch (Note: Successfully resolved to server: .NWSERVER1.Gymnasium) Adding schema attributes... (Note: Successfully ...

Simple NFS mount fails. Software? Hardware?
Since 9.3 I have used NFS to cross mount my home directories on two machines that are connected through an ethernet switch. I will not say that it has always been satisfactory, but given that one machine gets frequently rebooted into Windows and back, the problems have always been fixable by reboots of the other machine or restart of services on one or the other with Yast. I employ static IP addresses assigned by DHCP on my router, and I have rarely had problems at boot time of the nfs mounts failing. I do not use NFSv4 This reasonably satisfactory arrangement worked for two com...

help help help
Name: bryon Email: bryonbattampabaydotrrdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: help help help Comments: why can't i go into the address book and create a new contact with all the information. the screen does not scroll down to the phone numbers section to allow me to enter it, this is with a few of the application that wont allow me to scroll down and finish inserting information needed. please help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 ...

HELP HELP HELP
Hey all I ahve absolutely no idea where to start with DotNETNuke. I have downloaded and installed DNN3.2.2 and I now want to start creating my website with the help of DNN. I'm using .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. How do I go about starting a new webpage and using the DNN functionality to make manage my content?Thank you Have you installed DNN, yet? Either way, download the docs and go over the ones that you need help with. That's the best place to start. You can also find tutorials online that might be helpful.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

Help, help help
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005C87C886257037_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I did a Mysqldump for backing up and how I got this error. Anyone know why? Software error: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'mimetype' in 'field list' [for Statement " SELECT attach_id, DATE_FORMAT(creation_ts, '%Y.%m.%d %H:%i'), mimetype, description, ispatch, isobsolete, isprivate, submitter_id, LENGTH(thedata) FROM attachments WHERE bug_id = 41 OR...

Web resources about - Failed to mount cd:/// .... No tcl? - opensuse.org.help.hardware

List of countries by Failed States Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of countries by order of appearance in the Failed States Index of the United States think-tank Fund for Peace . A failed state ...

The President's Speech Distorts the Truth to Distract From His Failed Record - Facebook
Paul Ryan hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel The President's Speech Distorts the Truth to Distract From His Failed Record geschrieben. Du kannst den ...

Facebook’s Failed Privacy PR Campaign Against Google: An Industry Practice, Poorly Done
In a spectacularly failed attempt at undermining the competition, Facebook has admitted that it hired public relations giant Burson-Marsteller ...

My own spin on the story du jour: Why The Daily failed.
My own spin on the story du jour: Why The Daily failed.

Authorization Failed - LinkedIn
Sorry you are not authorized to perform this action. To find out more please contact LinkedIn customer service .

Business Models : What consumer Internet companies had a large number of users but failed to monetize ...
Answer (1 of 46): I can't think of one. All the companies mentioned here either: a) *Did* have significant revenues: * Netscape (the same ...

Failed to load Yahoo libraries cannot load menus - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore codepo8's photos on Flickr. codepo8 has uploaded 17903 photos to Flickr.

Selfie death: Polish nursing student dies after failed selfie on bridge - YouTube
A Polish nursing student on vacation in Spain fell to her death after attempting to take a selfie on a bridge in Seville. Sylwia Rajchel, 23, ...

‘Does this feel to you like a prison? If so, we have failed’
There are more than 50 young people detained at the Mafraq Juvenile Welfare Centre, and the staff never forget that they were sent there by a ...

Third time's a charm: SpaceX successfully launches new probe after two failed attempts
A new probe that will observe and examine space storms has been successfully launched after two previous failed attempts.