Seeking Troubleshooting help / help on getting helpful info for bug report

I have a problem going on with my openSUSE 11.3 issue and Gnome-Shell.
The situation is:

- I am running openSUSE 11.3 (installed from Live CD) and Gnome-Shell
  desktop environment.  I'm pretty sure it is up-to-date with
  upgrades/patches.
- System is running on Dell D400 laptop (Pent. M @1.8 GHz, 1GB Ram),
  which has an Intel graphic chip (i815) somewhat effected by the 855G
  issue.
- At intermittent times (haven't figured a rhyme or reason yet), the
  screen will freeze.  Mouse will move, but mouse clicks and key strokes
  do nothing
- I can Cntl+Alt+F2 into a terminal and log in as root
- Killing an open application and returning to the GUI (F7), nothing
  changes on the screen (not refreshing?)
- If I kill the gnome-session it will blank the screen, then cycle
  through turning the screen on (blank) and turning it off.  I suspect
  it is turning it on, trying to start X or GDM, failing, turn off and
  try again.
- This issue hasn't cropped up on the same machine running Fedora 13
  and Gnome-shell IIRC.

So I don't know if it is Gnome-Shell or the Intel graphic causing the
problem.  If it is the Gnome-shell then I definitely want to submit a
bug, if it is the Intel then I should just update the existing report.

At that point, what can I do?  How can I either fix it, or discern
helpful information on what is going on?

disclaimer: I am not in front of the machine at this time, it is at
home.

--
"*Linux provides freedom, problem is most users don't know what it is or
how to use it.*" ~me

dragonbite

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

Help Help Help Help

help help help help

Help! Help! Help
Help! I am using the HttWebRequest classrooms and HttWebResponse and when I execute my application for the second time of the this error: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (TextBox1="<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLI..."). this is my codes: Dim req As System.Net.HttpWebRequest Dim res As System.Net.HttpWebResponse Dim sr As System.IO.StreamReader Dim s As System.IO.Stream Dim b As Byte() req = System.Net.WebRequest.Create("http://www.page.com") b = ...

help help help
after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running well but unluckily it cannot start the adaptive server when installing but backupserver and XP server can install and start it Building Adaptive Server "abc", unable to boot server "abc" server "abc" was not connected anyone can help me Was an errorlog created for this ASE in the ASE install directory? If so, what does it say? Zidane wrote: > after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running > well > but unluckily it cannot st...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

Help, help help
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 005C87C886257037_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" I did a Mysqldump for backing up and how I got this error. Anyone know why? Software error: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'mimetype' in 'field list' [for Statement " SELECT attach_id, DATE_FORMAT(creation_ts, '%Y.%m.%d %H:%i'), mimetype, description, ispatch, isobsolete, isprivate, submitter_id, LENGTH(thedata) FROM attachments WHERE bug_id = 41 OR...

help... help... help....??????
I have this datatable , and i binded it to a datagrid with check box for delete ,but i have a problem with delete code for the datagrid : 'this is the datatable Sub cart() Dim objDT As DataTable Dim objDR As DataRow objDT = New System.Data.DataTable() objDT.Columns.Add("ProductID") objDT.Columns.Add("name") objDT.Columns.Add("cost") objDT.Columns.Add("quantity") ' objDT.Columns.Add("check") 'first row objDR = objDT.NewRow() ...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

HELP HELP HELP
Hey all I ahve absolutely no idea where to start with DotNETNuke. I have downloaded and installed DNN3.2.2 and I now want to start creating my website with the help of DNN. I'm using .NET framework 1.1 and Visual Studio 2003. How do I go about starting a new webpage and using the DNN functionality to make manage my content?Thank you Have you installed DNN, yet? Either way, download the docs and go over the ones that you need help with. That's the best place to start. You can also find tutorials online that might be helpful.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin...

Help Me,Help,Help ^^^^^^^^^^^
How to use Procedure in web matrix? Can somebody help me ? Thanks each's help Hi Kandy, You can try the Data Pages Template to use "Procedure" (I assume Procedure you mean is "Stored Procedure") Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Regards, Yes , I mean Stored Procedure, I found Add New File | Template (Data Page) | Simple Stored Procedure Thank you very much,Thanks a lot (I come from China, my English is poor , sorry~~~~)...

help help help
Name: bryon Email: bryonbattampabaydotrrdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: help help help Comments: why can't i go into the address book and create a new contact with all the information. the screen does not scroll down to the phone numbers section to allow me to enter it, this is with a few of the application that wont allow me to scroll down and finish inserting information needed. please help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9 ...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

Web resources about - Seeking Troubleshooting help / help on getting helpful info for bug report - opensuse.org.help.applications

Troubleshooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Troubleshooting is a form of problem solving , often applied to repair failed products or processes. It is a logical, systematic search for the ...

Resistance Spot Welding Troubleshooting on the App Store on iTunes
Get Resistance Spot Welding Troubleshooting on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Genius Bar reservation page now suggests online support solutions for quick troubleshooting
... screensharing on their Mac with AppleCare representatives. With this new page, it seems Apple is hoping customers will conduct basic troubleshooting ...

Fixya Launches 6ya Mobile Troubleshooting App on iOS
Fixya Launches 6ya Mobile Troubleshooting App on iOS

Desire - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums
Desire - Support and Troubleshooting -

Apple Now Encourages Home Troubleshooting At Genius Bar Web Page
... Bar reservation Web page . Now, when customers look to reserve a Genius Bar appointment online, Apple presents users with the option of troubleshooting ...

Apple - Support - iPhone - Restore Troubleshooting Assistant
Unable to update or restore your iPhone? This assistant can help.

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections
... Wi-Fi network Connected to Wi-Fi network, but unable to access content Intermittent disconnects or connectivity issues Learn basic troubleshooting ...

Leaked screenshots show glimpse of Apple troubleshooting app for iOS
... as well as address a lot of questions without phone calls or looking it up on the company's website, it was revealed on Friday. When troubleshooting ...

The technologist's guide to troubleshooting hardware
... family, knows that calling to get warranty support can be one of the most frustrating aspects of the job. You’ve got to run through a troubleshooting ...