KDE4 icons and command line commands

I'm running Suse 11.3 with KDE4.

I have an icon in my Kickoff Application Launcher for xterm. When
I click on the icon, it apparently executes the command
/usr/bin/xterm which generates a large window with a large font.

I would like to get a smaller window with a smaller font.  I know
how to do that on a command line but to execute the command
I need to _already_ have a window open so I can run the command.

So how do I (a) add a new icon to the KDE launcher which
generates the command I want or (b) change the existing icon
so that it executes MY command and not the basic /usr/bin/xterm?

Larry1019

Larry1019

Hello Larry1019,

Larry1019 Wrote:
> I have an icon in my Kickoff Application Launcher for xterm. When
> I click on the icon, it apparently executes the command
> /usr/bin/xterm which generates a large window with a large font.
>
> I would like to get a smaller window with a smaller font.  I know
> how to do that on a command line but to execute the command
> I need to _already_ have a window open so I can run the command.
>
> So how do I (a) add a new icon to the KDE launcher which
> generates the command I want or (b) change the existing icon
> so that it executes MY command and not the basic /usr/bin/xterm?
Simply right-click on the Kickoff "Application Launcher" icon and
select "Menu Editor".

A new window will open.
On your left a tree structure will appear, from there select xterm.
If I'm not mistaking it's something like System->Terminal->XTerm.
On your right you'll see some options to modify the XTerm launcher
including the command to execute.
Change it to the command you want and press save.

Good luck!;)

--
From,
Edward Iii

0
Edward
9/4/2010 5:36:02 AM
Thanks -- that looks like it will work.  I'll try it when I get back in
on Tuesday.

--
Larry1019
Larry1019's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=5656
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=445587

0
Larry1019

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

TFS Command Line Get Command
Hi Can you pls help me how to pull the latest version or label from the TFS through Command Line. I went through the msdn documentation. I am not able to get a clear picture. I am expecting some command with example where I can pass the server name, Credentials and sourcepath and Destination path. Basically I want to pull the get latest to a local path which  will be specified in the command line utility. Hope so I am clear.  Pls help me.RegardsFinny  You can use tf command line utilityThis utility can be found in C:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Visual Studio (9 or 8...

Cool command line prompt command
Last night I rebooted a web server, and after doing so, I couldn't RDP into it. So, in the meanwhile, while I awaited a response from those in power who could go to the data center and physically restart the server, I thought there must be a command line prompt command that I can run from one of the other servers to reboot it. I found a command called shutdown. I ran shutdown /r /f ComputerName and it rebooted the server and then I was able to access it via RDP. shutdown /r /f ComputerName /r - Restart/f - Forced restartRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.c...

What is a Command Line Application??
What is a Command Line Application?? Is it a console application in visul studio, I was doing a tutorial here, on remoting, and the server project component is a CommandLineApplication, I don't have this option in visual studio as a project type. If some one can clarify. http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/Tutorials/DnRemotingIntroDT001.asp A command line applicaiton is a console application. The correct name for the project type is a Console Application and that is how Visual Studio will refer to it. HTH,RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a quest...

/? Command-line help??
Gang... FredC suggested that /? On the command-line should produce a helpful screen. I wish it could. Sadly, however, a Windows program must declare itself to be either a CONSOLE mode or WINDOWS mode executable. If I were to declare the app to be CONSOLE mode, then a console window would be created by the app when it was launched ... which is clearly not what we want. I could make it happen using some kludge of multiple programs, a console app to see whether we have command- line options and then it launches a Windows app .... but we know that's more than we want ...

command line help
I'm editing a file using vi I have a file full of URL's like below: for example: yahoo.com google.com .... .... How do I place a "." in front of every URL? For example: ..yahoo.com ..google.com I have about 1000 to do ?? any ideas ?? Cheers, Marat Safin <marat@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm editing a file using vi > > I have a file full of URL's like below: Your examples look more like domain names than URLs. > How do I place a "." in front of every URL? In vi: Escape :%s/^/./ enter Or in the shell: s...

command line help
I am mapping drives on a winxp home machine through a DRIVEMAP.BAT file. The other machines which have the shares are win95, win98, winme and the share's all have different passwords which I must keep this way. The command I am using is net use e:\\machine\dir /user:guest however when this DRIVEMAP.BAT file runs I get Enter the password for 'guest' to connect to 'machine': how can I add the password to the command line above? Thanks in advance Diswill Diswill <diswill@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a3ch2u$2mdq$1@news.grc.com... [SNIP] &...

What are command line commands to detach and attach a db
What are the command line commands to detach and attach a database? My copy of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express has stopped working. So I need to detach the database using the commands.Thank youJackxxx Is this what you are looking for: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224071Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! sp_attach_db sp_detach_dbBeware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. (Donald Knuth)...

Thinking in commands, developer tools command line
Joe Walker has been building a great "modern command line" for developer tools. You can see it right now in Nightly by setting devtools.gcli.enable to true in about:config. When you do so, you'll see the Web Console's JavaScript command line change to a tool-oriented command line (which means: designed to be very quick to type). You can still run JavaScript by hitting { (curly brace) This has the potential to be an amazing feature... but it needs commands. I started a wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevTools/ThinkingInCommands I'm interested in hearin...

command-line commands within a Perl script
Hi, I have a directory with several subdirectories, each full of several dozen Word files. For each subdirectory, I need to run the checksum app against all of that directory's files and output a file into that directory with the checksum results. How can I do this? I'm very unfamilar with running command-line commands from within an Perl script. I know to change directories, you can do something like this: $changeDir = "cd ".$startingDir; system($changeDir); but what about retrieving the list of subdirectories from the starting directory? How can I do this? ...

Command line "move" command?
I have a question about possibly setting up a Cron job to move files. First some background. Netware 6.0, Groupwise 6.5. We are using Gwavasig to append a signature to our email messages. Some of our email messages seem to get stuck in the Gwavasig "send" directory, particularly when we send out large numbers of messages (like our monthly client mailout) . However, if we move these files from "send" to "receive" they all go out with no problem. I would like to automate this so that any remaining messages are moved automatically once or twice a day. S...

Web resources about - KDE4 icons and command line commands - opensuse.org.help.applications

Command - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Adele eclipses Taylor Swift to take command of the pop world
Adele Adkins is the first person to top the ARIA singles and albums charts in the same week since Swift exactly one year ago.

Command your club to victory in Sega’s Football Manager Mobile 2016
... How long can you survive on the Last Horizon? , and Dig, explore and collect stars in Starlit Adventures . Football Manager Mobile 2016 Command ...

Mercedes S-Cabrio commands 11 percent premium over coupe
Filed under: Mercedes-Benz , Car Buying , Convertible , Luxury Mercedes released pricing for the new S-Class Cabriolet in Europe, which tells ...

Germany’s Second In Command Denounces Saudi Funding Of Radical Islam Abroad
Germany’s Second In Command Denounces Saudi Funding Of Radical Islam Abroad

Officer who shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice claims he aimed for toy gun, gave verbal commands
... I was focused on the suspect," Loehmann wrote. "Even when he was reaching into his waistband, I didn't fire. I still was yelling the command ...

Bethesda: Fallout 4 console commands 'not supported or recommended' on PC
In a very Bethesda-like fashion, messing around with console commands on the PC version of Fallout 4 might completely bug out your game more ...

Amazon Echo owners can create custom voice commands with IFTT
... item to your shopping list is pretty cool, but there comes a point where you start to feel the limits of the Echo's pre-programmed voice commands. ...

Chinese Hacker Group Uses Dropbox for Malware Command and Control
NEWS ANALYSIS: The current malware threat isn't targeting U.S. interests now, but the hacker group could easily turn its attention in that direction ...

Inside PayPal's Command Center
What does it take to keep PayPal running smoothly? Lots of data, techies ready to spring into action, and software that can fix itself. I'm ...