Google Calendar and Gnome Calendar

Hi,

I found a nice trick in gnome calendar. This calendar can be
synchronized with Google's calendar.
I found the explanation in the website below:

'Cagdas’s Blog � Blog Archive � Google Calendar & Gnome'
(http://altinkaya.org/wp/linux/google-calendar-gnome/)

Unfortunately, it seems to not work in openSuse 11.

Someone knows how can I made the same thing in openSuse 11?
The problem is the path. There is no /usr/lib/evolution-webcal in
openSuse. Maybe I just have to change the path, but I didn't find
anything like it.

Thanks in advance for the support.

--
douglascaixeta

douglascaixeta

In the website below says that the path is  /usr/lib/evolution-webcal.

'Novell: openSUSE 11.0: evolution-webcal' (http://tinyurl.com/6c8674)

But I don't have this in my computer!

--
douglascaixeta
douglascaixeta's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15362

0
douglascaixeta
11/17/2008 11:46:03 PM
douglascaixeta;1896994 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a nice trick in gnome calendar. This calendar can be
> synchronized with Google's calendar.
> I found the explanation in the website below:
>
> 'Cagdas’s Blog � Blog Archive � Google Calendar & Gnome'
> (http://altinkaya.org/wp/linux/google-calendar-gnome/)
>
> Unfortunately, it seems to not work in openSuse 11.
>
> Someone knows how can I made the same thing in openSuse 11?
> The problem is the path. There is no /usr/lib/evolution-webcal in
> openSuse. Maybe I just have to change the path, but I didn't find
> anything like it.
>
> Thanks in advance for the support.

Hi, from the same blog post i got this:

> Note : evolution-webcal may be in different folders in different
> distros. (For example in SuSe, it’s in
> /opt/gnome/lib/evolution-webcal/evolution-webcal). If the above code
> doesn’t work for you, you can locate evolution-webcal using :
> find / -name evolution-webcal
> command.

Try that, good luck.

--
freedguy
freedguy's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=11067
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399941

0
freedguy
11/18/2008 7:26:02 AM
In fact I try this and didn't work, because the evolution-webcal was not
installed. So I opened YaST and installed.
Then I used the command to search the path of webcal and them the
command to include the new google calendar.

Code:
--------------------
    /usr/lib/evolution-webcal/evolution-webcal my private URL
--------------------

Everything work ok. Even now, if I try to put the calendar will say
that the calendar is already assign. But, I CANNOT see the calendar in
Gnome calendar. Should be working but is not working!
Everything is correct, everything goes ok, but at the end i cannot see
my appointments.

--
douglascaixeta
douglascaixeta's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=15362
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=399941

0
douglascaixeta

Events sync'ed from Lightning HOME calendar to G-calendar using Provider for Google calendar don't transfer up to Google server calendar
Hi, I'm running T'bird 17.0.2, Lightning 1.9, Provider for Google Calendar = 0.18 on multiple PCs running Window 7 Home Premium (64bit) and want to keep= calendars in sync... I have 2 calendars showing on Lightning - the original Lightning Home calen= dar and the downloaded Google calendar (G-cal). I am finding that entries = I make directly into the G-cal in Lightning transfer up to Google and back = to another PC without problem. Also, if I make an entry in the Lightning H= ome calendar and hit the sync button it apears in the G-cal in Lightning bu= t it does not transfe...

Provider for Google Calendar & Google (calendar) sync
What is "Provider for Google Calendar" based on? I "GDATA Provider" page, it's simply stated as "utilizing Google Data Protocol". I suddenly asked this question is because I came across the news that a blog from Google (http://googleblog.blogspot.ca/2012/12/winter-cleaning.html) was talking about removing Google (calendar) sync. If "Provider for Google Calendar" is based on Google (Calendar) sync, then it is necessary to write a statement on its home page to tell people that the addon will not work. On 17.12...

Google Calendars + Provider for Google Calendar Add-on = broken?
The two Google calendars i had set up with write access via the Provider for Google Calendar add-on(1) stopped working a few days ago. I'm getting the following error dialog: ----------------- An error was encountered preparing the calendar located at http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%40group.calendar.google.com/private-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy/basic.ics for use. It will not be available. Error Number: 0xType error: Components.classes["@mozilla.org/calendar/calendar/;1?type=" + type]is undefined Description: TypeError: Compo...

google calendar & Lightning & provider for google calendar
I try to synchronise Google Calendar with my Lightning extension via the Provider for Google Calendar extension; Everything works well for my main Google agenda. However, I have 2 agendas and only one gets synchronised. Does anyone here uses Google Calendar with 2 agendas and gets both synchronised with Lightning ? TIA ftr On 19/07/09 12:09, ftr wrote: > I try to synchronise Google Calendar with my Lightning extension via the > Provider for Google Calendar extension; Everything works well for my > main Google agenda. However, I have 2 agendas and only one gets >...

Publishing calendar *from* Lightning *to* Google Calendar
Dear all, I have several local calendars with thousands of events. I want to keep them local. However, I would like to publish, from times to times, some of these calendars into Google Calendar. I have tried the "Publish..." feature of Lightning (right mouse click a calendar -> "Publish...") but could not figure out what address to put there. After checking several Web sites, I have tried: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[calid]/events http://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[calid]/events https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[calid]/user with ...

mozilla calendar et google calendar
Bonjour, Est-il possible de r�pliquer mozilla calendar et google calendar ? [ma config sous windows XP familial = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Thunderbird/1.5.0.7] Si oui comment ? Ce qui m'int�resse le plus c'est le sens Mozilla vers Google pour pouvoir mettre � jour et consulter le calendrier sans �tre connect�, mais le sens google vers mozilla m'int�resserait �galement pour r�cup�rer des calendriers publics. Merci de votre aide ...

syncing to google calendars, or online calendars
Name: Ian O'Neill Email: ioneillatemaildotuncdotedu Product: Sunbird Summary: syncing to google calendars, or online calendars Comments: I am generally thrilled with the functionality and ease of sunbird as a stand alone product. It has been extremely easy to start, customize, etc. Where the usefulness wears off, however, is when syncing to google calendars. My basic problem is that when using the "subscribe to remote calendar" feature is used, the user must add a new calendar on sunbird. This does not make any sense to me. The remote calendar should be treated...

How To Display Sunbird Calendar In Google Calendar
Would anyone be willing to provide DETAILED directions to : (a) display a Sunbird calendar in a Google calendar, and (b) to import a Sunbird calendar into a Google calendar? I've spent six hours trying to do this with no success!! Thanks very much - Zoe http://www.interrupt19.com/2009/11/23/get-ical-sunbird-lightning-calendar-into-google-calendar/ I spend < 6 minutes to find this... ...

Subscribe to a Google Calendar with Windows Calendar
Several folks have been asking about Google Calendar and Windows Calendar, and how to link them together. They're both using the icalendar format to store their calendar entries, so subscribing to a Google calendar should be pretty straight-forward. It is, once you know how to find the correct URL. In this exercise, you'll be sharing out your Google calendar, and subscribing to it inside Windows Calendar. http://blog.shawnlmorrissey.com/archives/2006/04/subscribe_to_a.html -- Regard: Joh@nnes � :-)) "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every bat...

Events in Lightning and Google Calendar disappeared after upgrade to Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.2
24.6.0: Thunderbird 2.6.6: Lightning 1.02: Provider for Google Calendar (updated) I updated my Provider for Google Calendar early yesterday when my synced ca= lendars stopped syncing. I had no apparent issues with the update. I had = the initial login screen I've seen described which I've never seen before, = but after a long wait, Thuderbird and Lightning came to life. All was well= yesterday (so far as I know). Then today I went to delete a one-time even= t for next month which I had just viewed a few days ago, and it wasn't ther= e. I attempted to resync them...

emulating yahoo calendar ou google calendar
Hello, I would like to emulate yahoo calendar ou google calendar. For that matter, I would like to insert in each day/cell a link so that one could add a new event from inside the calendar. I'm using this code: <dayEmptyTemplate> <asp:LinkButton ID="CoursID" runat="server" Text="Cours"  OnCommand="OnNewEvent" CommandArgument="<current cell date>"  /></dayEmptyTemplate> " OnCommand="OnNewEvent" Text="Cours" runat="server">my problem is: i dont know how to get the date of the current empty cell the link is in. " OnCommand="OnNewEvent" Text...

add the google calendar link to an existing calendar?
I've exported all my calendars in Thunderbird to ICS files and imported them to google calendars. So everything is in sync. For fear of screwing up the data, I made a new one (TEST) and got the xml, did the add new calendar to thunderbird etc and bingo it works. Made a few entries and it syncs. Oh yes, I installed the provider for google add-on. But this all requires me to create new calendars in thunderbird. Is there no way to just modify a calendar and change the location from moz-storage-calendar:// to the xml link? Since I have .ics file exports as backup, I gues...

How to set-up a CalDAV Google Calendar in Mozilla Calendar / Lightning
I've just figured this out and am posting here in hope it's useful: Google Calendar now supports "CalDAV", a presumably better standard for remotely shared and writable data (no more need for the "Provider for Google Calendar" add-on to have write access). To set up your calendars in Lightning: 1. Go to your online Google Calendar, select "Settings / Calendars / Share This Calendar", then enter the Google Mail e-mail address of the person you want to share your calendar with (I think they must also have a Google Calendar account). 2. C...

How to get all the calendars displayed on my Google Calendar displayed in Lightning
I just installed Lightning and established communications with my Google calendar via calDAV. Now how do I get the other calendars that show up in Google into Thunderbird/Lightning? Thanks. Charles River wrote: > I just installed Lightning and established communications with my > Google calendar via calDAV. Now how do I get the other calendars that > show up in Google into Thunderbird/Lightning? Just subscribe to all your calendars as explained in the Google Calendar online help. The Calendar ID that needs to specified in the URL can be found in the Google Calendar...

Web resources about - Google Calendar and Gnome Calendar - opensuse.org.help.applications

The beard calendar
How am I not in this? ∞ Read this on The Loop

Thai solar calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Thai solar calendar , Suriyakhati ( Thai : สุริยคติ ) was adopted by King Chulalongkorn (Rama V) in AD 1888 as the Siamese version of the ...

Browns Calendar Features Ironic Trivia Question About Former Coach Mike Pettine - Bleacher Report
... for this trivia question. According to Twitter user Sam Brenner, when he ripped off the previous page of his Cleveland Browns page-a-day calendar ...

Google Calendar for Android
Make the most of every day with the official Google Calendar

Tomsula: 49ers building for future, 'on a one week calendar'
Enter to win prizes during the entire month of January! You can win tickets to a Warriors game, CSN studio tours, a chance to attend the Coaching ...

Need a Calendar for WordPress? Check Out Event Calendar WD
If you have a website where you usually need to share the events you organize or participate, the best way is adding a nice calendar on which ...

Entertainment calendar
New Year’s Eve parties, club events, live music and more this week in Metro Detroit Entertainment calendar New Year’s Eve parties, club events, ...

A-Zdvent calendar 2015
The letter X in our bridge-themed A-Zdvent calendar is the Xiying Rainbow Bridge in Taiwan – a simple bridge by day that transforms into a rainbow ...

Pair Aims to Scrap the Gregorian Calendar by 2017
Two Johns Hopkins professors hope we’ll all be using a new calendar soon.