Firefox CRASHES CRASHES AND CRASHES

I don't know what's wrong, but my Firefox crashes all the time. I've
been advised to disable all of the addons, and I did so. But still it
happens.
The version of Firefox is 3.0.14. Opensuse is 11.1.
system: 'HP Pavilion a 1730n' (http://tinyurl.com/27zn82)

Let me know what I can do.
I swear never had Firefox crashed when it was in its 2 versions.

--
ipoloton

ipoloton

Have you tried running a new profile by renaming the old one in
/home/<user>/ ?

Just rename .mozilla to something else and check again if it still
crashes. If it does then i would reinstall it completely.

--
How does a linux geek make love??

- unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep;
BenderBendingRodriguez's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=1731
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422689

0
BenderBendingRodrigu
9/29/2009 11:36:01 PM
ipoloton wrote:
> I don't know what's wrong, but my Firefox crashes all the time. I've
> been advised to disable all of the addons, and I did so. But still it
> happens.
> The version of Firefox is 3.0.14. Opensuse is 11.1.
> system: 'HP Pavilion a 1730n' (http://tinyurl.com/27zn82)
>
> Let me know what I can do.
> I swear never had Firefox crashed when it was in its 2 versions.

FWIW...current Firefox version is 3.5.3.

Download:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

You'll need to add the FF repos for updates.

0
propman
9/30/2009 2:32:31 AM
I got the latest FF.  Like the previous 3-4 versions, it crashes
whenever I close it.  Not a big deal except for the time it takes to get
it closed.  So, I'm using Google Chrome.  Opera is not bad either.

--
Prexy
Prexy's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=233
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422689

0
Prexy
9/30/2009 3:06:02 AM
Google Chrome? Aww... what makes you compare Chrome with Firefox? Two
entirely different worlds! Try backing up your bookmarks
(\home\[username]\.mozilla\firefox\[profilename]\bookmarks.html) and
delete folder .mozilla afterwards. Firefox is EXRTREMELY stable. I guess
your issues are caused by some kind of plugin. Try and report back.

--
ROCK THE WORLD!
...and grab your goodies. Checkout:
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422689

0
TheMask
9/30/2009 7:16:02 AM
Like already mentioned before, there is a newer version out and if you
kept your system up to date you should be on that version.

So try to update to see if that fixes anything, if not it would indeed
be a good idea to delete everything but your bookmarks.
Besides the method TheMask mentioned you can also press the Bookmarks
menu option > Organize bookmarks.

--
'Special effects' (http://tiny.cc/Y0T) <- KDE 4.2 Showing off
More KDE -> ' PINK KDE' (http://tiny.cc/v30h)
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422689

0
Axeia
9/30/2009 7:46:01 AM
TheMask;2045879 Wrote:
>  ... (\home\[username]\.mozilla\firefox\[profilename]\bookmarks.html)
> and delete folder .mozilla afterwards.

I am afraid you are on the wrong OS. In Unix/Linux this wouild be:

(/home/[username]/.mozilla/firefox/[profilename]/bookmarks.html) and
delete directory .mozilla afterwards.

--
Henk van Velden
hcvv's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=180
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422689

0
hcvv
9/30/2009 8:36:02 AM
propman wrote:

> FWIW...current Firefox version is 3.5.3.
>
> Download:
> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
>
> You'll need to add the FF repos for updates.

The repo's won't update packages you installed manually from there.
Just add the mozilla repo and install from there.
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1/

--
Chris Maaskant
0
Chris Maaskant wrote:
> propman wrote:
>
>> FWIW...current Firefox version is 3.5.3.
>>
>> Download:
>> http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
>>
>> You'll need to add the FF repos for updates.
>
> The repo's won't update packages you installed manually from there.
> Just add the mozilla repo and install from there.
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.1/

I should have made that clearer...thanks, Chris for providing the
relevent info. :-)

0
propman
9/30/2009 5:37:31 PM
I tried a bunch of steps and the bottom line is that FF no longer
crashes on close.  However, this was a pain to fix.  Well, not the fix
but the aftermath.
1) I exported the bookmarks AND copied the file as html.  I also save
them through the extension FEBE,
2) deleted /home/.mozilla which sent it to Trash, not oblivion
3) re-installed FF through yast.  Now at 3.0.14 My mozilla repo is
Factory
4) re-started a basic FF session.  It was fast and closed instantly
with no crash.
5) imported the bookmarks, which oddly seemed to slow FF down,
including the closing

That's when it hit the fan.  I realized I had lost all my passwords and
logins.  I tried to copy the profile back in but that caused a cascade
of problems.  I forgot to copy over profile.ini and then the copying got
borked and the copy vanished.  Now, FF wouldn't start saying it was
already running.  TOP showed nothing.

I deleted the new .mozilla folder and started over.  This time I
installed the extension FEBE to recover lost settings.  But I had been
saving them in the wrong place and FEBE didn't work.

So, I have a well working FF, but will have to recreate my passwords
one at a time.  I also didn't realize how much customization I lost:
one-click selection of the address bar; new tab button; theme etc.
Guess I'll have to teach myself all this again ;)

--
Prexy
Prexy's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=233
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422689

0
Prexy
9/30/2009 6:26:01 PM
OMG, guys, I just asked a question. what a hot topic it became! lol

anyways, I uninstalled FF3.0.14 and from that rep., I installed 3.5.3.
I hope it doesn't crash anymore. I will report any ugly matter with FF.

And, yes, nothing is comparable to FF.

thanks

--
ipoloton
ipoloton's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=33193
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422689

0
ipoloton
9/30/2009 6:56:01 PM
i'm back. it crashed again.
i'm thinking if it has anything to do with its java engine.it crashed
on two pages:

1) 'Pink Floyd : Echoes' (http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/echoes/index.html)
while i was listening to music.
2) on yahoo game pages, where it needs to load some java programs.

it crashed a couple of times when it was just loading yahoo mail or
gmail. I also had the problem when in facebook, someone would try to
send me a message on its chat section. these are all the known cases!

right now, i don't have any addon enabled.

so, what do you think?

--
ipoloton
ipoloton's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=33193
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=422689

0
ipoloton

Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing. Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing
Name: chuck marshall Email: chuxatindustryinetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing. Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing Comments: Firefox is crashing, crashing, crashing in both ubuntu and wxp on a dual boot laptop. This is a bother. Do something. Tell me what is causing the browser to crap-out when trying to brows. I re-booted, I re-installed. I gave money to madam morningstar to sing a chant to change my f luck, but no dice. What did i do to piss you'll off? I don't want to use windows stuff, I have a spy program, a virus p...

crash crash crash crash CRASH
Name: Pete VANHEE Email: vanhee Product: Firefox Summary: crash crash crash crash CRASH Comments: please how can I get my old Firefox browser back ? I can't work like this; 3.0 crashes several times a day; it's bloody annoying Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash...
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash... Comments: All versions I've tried since 3.0 are crash happy, on both Windows & Mac. This latest 3.6.13 for Mac OS X is no exception, it's like running alphaware. Just access http://www.blogdelnarco.com (among many others), and within 2-3 seconds she goes Tango Unicorn and dumps you at the desktop. I used to love FF and recommended it to all, but no longer. Really it isn't worth the trouble. What follows is the crash report sent to Apple: Process: firefox-bin [19988] Path: ...

Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing
Name: Dale Email: davidsdaleatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing Comments: To whom it may concern: Please explain to me why does your product crashes so much. Please dont tell me it is my hardware or software. Besides for that, This is one of the best products You can get. I dont want to depart from it. Please help. Thank you in advanced, for your reply. Kind regards -Dale. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

crashes, crashes, crashes
Name: Colin Gilbert Email: cogs13atsupanetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: crashes, crashes, crashes Comments: Hi, I'm really hoping for a reply from you this time. I used to love Firefox. I love the idea of how this software is developed and supported, and it's great not to use Microsoft for once. However, a couple of upgrades ago, Firefox started crashing frequently. I know many people who have had this problem. It crashes every time I use "You Tube", "Digital Look" , and many other mainstream sites. Eventually I uninstalled and went ba...

crash crash crash
Name: Frankie Email: francisdotuyatgmaildotcom Product: Namoroka Summary: crash crash crash Comments: Every 3.6 beta I have tried on my MBP 10.6 crashes after a couple hours of total use (e.g. either continuous or cumulative/intermittent). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2b4) Gecko/20091124 Firefox/3.6b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

crashes and crashes and crashes
Name: Lucia Freitas Email: freitasdotluciaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: crashes and crashes and crashes Comments: Ok, I use lots of extensions, but my firefox doesn't look good from my user point of view. It crashes from time to time (ok, lots of tabs open, but that's the point isn't it?). sometimes, videos doesn't run. sometimes it simply crashes. Opera its running great, chrome too... What's wrong people? I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 Please give my old firefox bac...

Crash, crash, crash!
Name: Craig Campbell Email: craignseaatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Crash, crash, crash! Comments: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 Since installing this, I've had crash after crash, much worse than the last release. Suggestions? Craig Campbell Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

crash crash and crash again.
Name: Rob ten Bouwhuys Email: bouwh131atwxsdotnl Product: Firefox Summary: crash crash and crash again. Comments: After being a mozilla friend way back from windows 95 on to XP and even OSX I'm getting thorougly disgusted by the frequent amount of program crashes on moments when nothing is happening and im just reading a page. If you donot tidy up that code. Very soon? Then i will resort to other browser. ANY browser that has that speed and stability that you used to have. No i dont run a bunch of exotic plugins. Thank you(Written in IE 7) Good luck Rob Browser ...

Crash, Crash, Crash
Name: Lisa R. Product: Firefox Summary: Crash, Crash, Crash Comments: All it does is crash. I LOVE this upgrade (note: hint of sarcasm). It even crashes when I'm not even using it and have it open on my dock and am working in a different application. Never had this problem before upgrade, so I can only assume that it's related to it. Thanks! (note: more sarcasm.) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120121 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a res...

Crash Crash Crash
Name: Toni Email: pceebaby_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Crash Crash Crash Comments: My Fx 1.5.0.1, updated from 1.5 the day it became available, has crashed 5 times today & I lost count of how many times each day since install (2 or 3 days now?). Not acceptable! While previous versions 1.0.6 & 1.0.7 were pretty stable (occasional crashes), v1.5 crashed routinely (several times per/wk). And now 1.5.0.1 is crashing several times DAILY. I am Not a geek (not yet anyway!) --- and legally blind or not, I'm exhausted from reading so much to stop the c...

Crash, Crash, Crash
Name: Paul Email: Paul456atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Crash, Crash, Crash Comments: I just installed the latest update for 3.0. (Firefox 3.0 RC 1) I'm hoping this stops the constant crashing since I went to the 3.0 beta. I've freshened up IE -- just in case -- I hope I don't have to go back to IE. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

crash crash crash
Name: how dare you Email: bugatpermanentdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: crash crash crash Comments: How dare you associate your scummy product with Jimi. perma crash at http://spbbl.baseball.sportsline.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

crashing, crashing, crashing
Name: Michael A Parle Email: michaelatparledotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: crashing, crashing, crashing Comments: I have installed v. 3. Since doing so Firefox crashes as often as 10 times per day. This is enough to drive me back to Internet Explorer! On most occasions that Firefox crashes I am given the opportunity to send a report to you, which I do. Please can I have some answer to all these crashes. Please get the problem fixed. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozill...

Crashing, crashing and more crashing
Name: Dang Email: dangguyatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Crashing, crashing and more crashing Comments: Since I have upgraded to 3.5.2 firefox keeps crashing. I have read the forums and have read some of mozillas responses. This is a problem with the application not my pc and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous and insulting. I can use chrome with out any problems. I prefer firefox which I have used for several years. My advice is fix the latest version don't blame it on the users. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Ge...

Web resources about - Firefox CRASHES CRASHES AND CRASHES - opensuse.org.help.applications

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox

Firefox Flicks : Winners

Firefox Beta Launches Social API With Facebook Messenger As Initial Partner
As originally announced earlier this month by Firefox parent Mozilla , the beta test of the Web browser’s Social API launched Monday with Facebook ...