Error message when trying to install Reddit. Second post for this error

I am currently using Opensuse 11.4 64 bit.
Installed all the reddit dependancies without any problems

Attempted to execute step 2 titled "Run the setup" found in
'RedditStartToFinish – reddit – Trac'
(http://code.reddit.com/wiki/RedditStartToFinish);

Code:
--------------------
     sudo python setup.py develop
--------------------

gives me the following error

Code:
--------------------
    dhseagles:/home/reddit/r2 # sudo python setup.py develop
  Installing pylibmc
  Downloading http://github.com/downloads/ketralnis/pylibmc/pylibmc-1.0-reddit-04.tar.gz
  Processing pylibmc-1.0-reddit-04.tar.gz
  Running pylibmc-1.0-reddit-04/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-tXKY1P/pylibmc-1.0-reddit-04/egg-dist-tmp-ZfMmPR
  warning: no files found matching 'MANIFEST'
  In file included from _pylibmcmodule.c:34:0:
  _pylibmcmodule.h:189:7: error: ‘MEMCACHED_BEHAVIOR_NUMBER_OF_REPLICAS’ undeclared here (not in a function)
  _pylibmcmodule.c: In function ‘pylibmc_memcached_fetch_multi’:
  _pylibmcmodule.c:1074:3: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘memcached_mget’ from incompatible pointer type
  /usr/include/libmemcached/memcached_get.h:23:18: note: expected ‘char **’ but argument is of type ‘const char **’
  error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

--------------------

I have gcc installed and working.

I know gcc is working as I have compiled some C programs by hand.

--
sourtzis

sourtzis

Am 14.11.2011 17:46, schrieb sourtzis:

>   _pylibmcmodule.c:1074:3: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘memcached_mget’ from incompatible pointer type
>   /usr/include/libmemcached/memcached_get.h:23:18: note: expected ‘char **’ but argument is of type ‘const char **’
>   error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

Without being an expert here, it looks to me like you have the wrong
version of libmemcached or some related library.
What does reddit say which version you need?

--
PC: oS 11.4 (dual boot 12.1) 64 bit | Intel Core i7-2600@3.40GHz | KDE
4.6.0 | GeForce GT 420 | 16GB Ram
Am 14.11.2011 18:00, schrieb Martin Helm:
> Am 14.11.2011 17:46, schrieb sourtzis:
>
>>   _pylibmcmodule.c:1074:3: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘memcached_mget’ from incompatible pointer type
>>   /usr/include/libmemcached/memcached_get.h:23:18: note: expected ‘char **’ but argument is of type ‘const char **’
>>   error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
>>
> Without being an expert here, it looks to me like you have the wrong
> version of libmemcached or some related library.
> What does reddit say which version you need?

I quickly looked myself it says memcached (1.4+)
Please post the output from
[CODE]
rpm -qa '*memcache*'
[/CODE]

--
PC: oS 11.4 (dual boot 12.1) 64 bit | Intel Core i7-2600@3.40GHz | KDE
4.6.0 | GeForce GT 420 | 16GB Ram
Eee PC 1201n: oS 11.4 64 bit | Intel Atom 330@1.60GHz | KDE 4.7.3 |
nVidia ION | 3GB Ram
0
Martin
11/14/2011 5:12:35 PM
Running the rpm query command, here is my output:

Code:
--------------------

  dhseagles:~/Downloads # rpm -qa '*memcache*'
  libmemcached2-0.30-3.1.x86_64
  libmemcachedutil0-0.30-3.1.x86_64
  libmemcached-0.30-3.1.x86_64
  memcached-1.4.5-4.1.x86_64
  libmemcached-devel-0.30-3.1.x86_64

--------------------

--
sourtzis
sourtzis's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=51366

0
sourtzis

Help on Error message: "An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error "
Hi I have compiled my project in VS.NET (ASP.NET web application in C#) without any build errors. This was in the process of establishing a local setup using the files from the deployed server. Now after copying all the relevant files and compiling them, when I try to browse from IIS (inetmgr) with an appropriate start page (Login.aspx), I get the following error message: An error occurred while try to load the string resources (GetModuleHandle failed with error -2147023888). Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please revie...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

Error message when trying to install Reddit
After installing what I think are all the dependencies for Reddit, I execute the setup.py script and I am returned with the error message "Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1". Did I overlook a dependency? gcc is installed and running? Can't figure it out. I use openSUSE to run the website for the school I teach here in Canada and we would really like to set up a public forum. Thanks in advance. -- sourtzis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hello sourtzis, Welco...

error error error

Error, Error and more errors

errors errors errors..

Server Error in '/' Application? Need help figuring out error message
I have successfuly created a web application, and have built and ran it on my PC under inetpub/wwwroot. Now when I deploy it to the company web server and try to run it I get the following error message. The message does not give me enough information to figure out what is wrong. Could someone pleae help me out?Here is the message:Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error ...

Runtime error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit
Hi, p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } I'm trying to create a web site in a windows 2003 server. It's just an empty page, the default one created by VS2008, with nothing in it. I create the site from my remote computer, connecting to the server (I have access to the server as well with a virtual desktop).  When I try to launch a web site in a remote site (F5 or Ctrl-F5) I get the Runtime Error: 'An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (...

Systems bombs out trying to display error message rather than displaying error message
Hi I am using the following method to display error messages in my asp.net c# system: currentPage.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl("<script language='javascript'> window.alert('" + strMsg + "')</script>")); However, at certain times this falls over with the message: The control collection cannot be modified during DataBind, Init, Load, PreRender or Unload phases Is there a way round this, like maybe using a deferred message? Stapes hi stapes, Try using the ClientScriptManager to manage your javascript instead of adding it using a...

You may receive the Error Message "Server Error in '/application name' Application" while browsing an asp.net application
You may receive the following error message while browsing an asp.net application "Server Error in '/application name' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error mes...

Need HELP: trying to install DBI-1.613 or even DBI-1.616 same errors ...see message??
HELP: $ uname -a SunOS recondfw 5.10 Generic_139556-08 i86pc i386 i86pc isainfo -v 64-bit amd64 applications ssse3 cx16 mon sse3 sse2 sse fxsr mmx cmov amd_sysc cx8 tsc fpu 32-bit i386 applications ssse3 cx16 mon sse3 sse2 sse fxsr mmx cmov sep cx8 tsc fpu bash-3.00# echo $PATH /usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sfw/bin bash-3.00# /usr/perl5/bin/perlgcc Makefile.PL Creating test wrappers for DBD::Gofer: t/zvg_01basics.t t/zvg_02dbidrv.t t/zvg_03handle.t t/zvg_04mods.t t/zvg_05concathash.t t/zvg_06attrs.t t/zvg_07kids.t t/zvg_08keeperr.t t/zvg_09trace.t t/zvg_...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

need some help in error message: Parser Error Message: The server block is not well formed.
Hi there!I am a little bit new to asp.net.On my local computer everything works just fine, but on my site I get the following error message:Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: The server block is not well formed. Source Error: ...

DNN 4 Error installation error message
When I install my DNN for the first time. The page loads but and error message is displayed on the home page which says:   A critical error has occurred. vbc : Command line (0): error BC2017: could not find library 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\93f3c431\476045cc\App_global.asax.ztrnr659.dll   I used the DNN 4.0.2 starter  kit. The latest version. I didn't have much luck with the earlier versions.   The menus for admin and host are also not displayed on the home page.   Thanks...

Web resources about - Error message when trying to install Reddit. Second post for this error - opensuse.org.help.applications

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

A message to mono-cultural chestbeaters
&nbsp;Abul A'la al-Ma'arri (973-1057BC) was an Arab philosopher and poet who lived to the ripe old age of 84 in the district of Aleppo in Syria. ...

Christmas messages for 2015 by WA’s church leaders
WHEN we think about Christmas we tend to think of words like ‘merry’, ‘happy’ and ‘festive’. The word ‘edgy’ doesn’t usually come to mind.

Walmart Crushes Holiday Video Views, but One Bona Fide Spiritual Message Gets Through Too
What goes viral during the holidays? A compilation of the most popular holiday-themed videos on social media according to Visible Measures includes ...

ISIS message Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook during attack - Business Insider Deutschland
After the attack started, a post on a Facebook page associated with Tashfeen Malik read: "We pledge allegiance to Khalifa bu bkr al bhaghdadi ...

FBI: San Bernardino shooters used "private messages"
The government is still investigating how the female shooter's radicalization went undetected by authorities

Brazil court orders phone companies to block WhatsApp message app
RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 16- A Brazilian court on Wednesday ordered telecommunications providers to block all access to the WhatsApp phone-messaging ...

President Obama calls again for tech help to spot terrorist messages
On Friday, President Obama repeated the need to bring high-tech leaders together with law enforcement and intelligence officials to better spot ...

Bashing Your Litigation Opponent In An Online Message Board? Go For It!
Courts aren't sympathetic to defamation claims over online message board comments

'URGENT' MESSAGE State Dept. warns of possible Pakistan attack
'URGENT' MESSAGE State Dept. warns of possible Pakistan attack