ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc

2 day old install of 11.3; I installed MYSQL from yast2; 12 items
relating to MYSQL are shown as installed; on a command line (as root) I
get "ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc"  when I type MYSQL.

Another problem ; Apache is installed and running, but my install of
PHP from Yast has been troubled, and very much unlike what I read here :
"http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/595.html" ; a   web page
with phpinfo() shows nothing; do I have to do another manual config of
LAMP ? If so where's a good current page of what to modify ? (was really
looking to avoid that again !)

--
byterbit

-1
byterbit

Welcome to openSUSE forum.

Maybe it's a silly question, did you start the services like Apache and
MySQL.
> service apache2 start
> service mysql start

Good luck!

--
Thinking is always about Rethinking ~me~
http://anl4u.com

1
mmarif4u

Web resources about - ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc - opensuse.org.help.applications