Drive Free Space vs Available Space

I have 2 ext3 partitions that seem to have an improper discrepency
between free Space and available space.

In the one case the partition is listed as having 27.3 gb free but only
21.3 available, and another shows 25.2 gb free but only 20.5 available.

I was wondering if anyone knew how I could fix this?

--
silenuz

silenuz
9/15/2009 10:06:03 PM
📁 opensuse.org.help.applications
📃 21533 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 433 Views

Have a read here;

'boncey.org - Reclaiming ext3 disk space'
(http://boncey.org/2006_11_18_reclaiming_ext3_disk_space)

[Although that doesn't explain all of it...]

--
Confuseling
Confuseling's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=16190

0
Confuseling
9/16/2009 12:06:01 AM
Thanks.  Recovery of the reserved space worked like a charm

--
silenuz
silenuz's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=19071
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=421931

0
silenuz
9/16/2009 12:16:02 AM
Please bear in mind that it was there for a reason - you should keep
yourself a margin, unless you run a very tight ship...

Though it is generally accepted I think that the defaults are excessive
for desktop users.

--
Confuseling
Confuseling's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=16190
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=421931

0
Confuseling
9/16/2009 12:26:01 AM
Confuseling wrote:
> Please bear in mind that it was there for a reason - you should keep
> yourself a margin

personally, i think when a drive is (say) 80% full that is full
enough...buy more or delete the porn..

--
platinum
0