[MySQL] ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL...

Hello,

I've downloaded and installed MySQL-client-5.1.53-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm.
I'm rather new to linux so it might be I haven't started the server.
Unfortunately I have no idea which file is responsible for that. It is
also possible that my head isn't functioning correctly ( if at all )
since I haven't slept well so please don't eat me alive. Kill me at
least. ;)

Error I receive is:

--
starach

starach

If I'm correct (I'm not sure I remember), the command to start the
server is :

Code:
--------------------
    /etc/init.d/mysqld start
--------------------

--
DaaX
DaaX's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=30380

0
DaaX
12/6/2010 2:06:02 PM
This means that the mysql server is not running (and thus there is no
socket). You must install the server packet as well and then start it as
a service with yast from the system menu.

--
Technology is 'stuff that doesn�t work yet.' -- Bran Ferren
vodoo's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18902
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=450901

0
vodoo
12/6/2010 2:06:02 PM
> If I'm correct (I'm not sure I remember), the command to start the
> server is:

well, that would be (as root):

Code:
--------------------
    # rcmysql start
--------------------

but when the service is enabled with yast the proper links to the
startup script will be generated and it is permanent (starting
automatically after each reboot).

--
Technology is 'stuff that doesn�t work yet.' -- Bran Ferren
vodoo's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=18902
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=450901

1
vodoo
12/6/2010 5:36:01 PM
You need to include permissions on the free Amazon EC2 micro instance in
order to start MySQL:
sudo /etc/init.d/mysqld start

After the proper command, the MySQL server initializes with system
tables and additional config info:
Initializing MySQL database:  Installing MySQL system tables...
OK
Filling help tables...
OK

To start mysqld at boot time you have to copy
support-files/mysql.server to the right place for your system

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET A PASSWORD FOR THE MySQL root USER !
To do so, start the server, then issue the following commands:

/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'new-password'
/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h ip-10-205-15-154 password
'new-password'

Alternatively you can run:
/usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation

which will also give you the option of removing the test
databases and anonymous user created by default.  This is
strongly recommended for production servers.

See the manual for more instructions.

You can start the MySQL daemon with:
cd /usr ; /usr/bin/mysqld_safe &

You can test the MySQL daemon with mysql-test-run.pl
cd /usr/mysql-test ; perl mysql-test-run.pl

Please report any problems with the /usr/bin/mysqlbug script!

[  OK  ]
Starting mysqld:

--
chaochou2
chaochou2's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=53129

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 19:36:02 +0530, DaaX <DaaX@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I'm correct (I'm not sure I remember), the command to start the
> server is :
>

> Code:
> --------------------
>     /etc/init.d/mysqld start
> --------------------

actually it's "/etc/init.d/mysql start". but in openSUSE you can just do
"rcmysql start" from the command line (as root).

--
phani.
0
<chaochou2@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

> You need to include permissions on the free Amazon EC2 micro instance in
> order to start MySQL:
> sudo /etc/init.d/mysqld start
>
> After the proper command, the MySQL server initializes with system
> tables and additional config info:
> Initializing MySQL database:  Installing MySQL system tables...
> OK
> Filling help tables...
> OK
>
> To start mysqld at boot time you have to copy
> support-files/mysql.server to the right place for your system
>
> PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET A PASSWORD FOR THE MySQL root USER !
> To do so, start the server, then issue the following commands:
>
> /usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password 'new-password'
> /usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h ip-10-205-15-154 password
> 'new-password'
>
> Alternatively you can run:
> /usr/bin/mysql_secure_installation
>
> which will also give you the option of removing the test
> databases and anonymous user created by default.  This is
> strongly recommended for production servers.
>
> See the manual for more instructions.
>
> You can start the MySQL daemon with:
> cd /usr ; /usr/bin/mysqld_safe &
>
> You can test the MySQL daemon with mysql-test-run.pl
> cd /usr/mysql-test ; perl mysql-test-run.pl
>
> Please report any problems with the /usr/bin/mysqlbug script!
>
> [  OK  ]
> Starting mysqld:

that's exactly as it should be. your mysql is running, and if you want it
to start every time your system start, you should specify this in YAST's
runlevel editor. you should also read the documentation at
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/ -- at least the parts that are
relevant to your needs. the short description, how to set up a root
account (for mysql) with a password, is already included in the command
output you posted here; a little more know-how would be better.

--
phani.
0

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc
2 day old install of 11.3; I installed MYSQL from yast2; 12 items relating to MYSQL are shown as installed; on a command line (as root) I get "ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.soc" when I type MYSQL. Another problem ; Apache is installed and running, but my install of PHP from Yast has been troubled, and very much unlike what I read here : "http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/595.html" ; a web page with phpinfo() shows nothing; do I have to do another manual config of LAMP ? If so wh...

error
I just recently reinstalled MySQL-server-4.0.20-0.i386.rpm and now when I bring up my http://158.114.148.90/bugzilla/ page, I get the following error diplayed on the browser: Software error: Bugzilla is currently broken. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact long.p.nguyen@ngc.com. The error you should quote is: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at globals.pl line 140. For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. What did I not do? ...

ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Greetings all! I have this weird error "ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)" on my website that is supposed to connect to a MySQL database on a different server (NOT localhost). Here's the scenario: I develop my ASP.Net 2.0 website on my PC using this connection string for my ObjectDataSource: <add name="ConnectionString" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};server:localhost; database=MYDBASE;uid=MYUID;pwd=MYPWD" providerName="System.Data.Odbc" /> After testing and finding all pages working fine, I changed my co...

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
Hi, I get the error when I try to connect.. :o(( What's wrong? TIA, Juan. ...

error 2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' novell 6.5 mysql
I received this error on the dual homed server when I tired to load mysql.nlm and after I changed the ipaddress of the server and then tried to chage it back. My Php scripts were hanging and giving me the error "Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (60)". The mysqld_safe was loaded on the server just fine. Fix I went into Remote manager and clicked on Ip Address Management. Here I found Mysql and changed the address to 0.0.0.0 and the port number to the correct port. Then I modified my scripts to use the new ipaddress for database connectivity ins...

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Hi,  I've downloaded the following onemysql-5.1.31-win32 after having unzipped the zip file I then locate to this folder \mysql-noinstall-5.1.31-win32\mysql-5.1.31-win32\bin> But after I've typed 'mysql' to go, I got this issueERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)  Many Thanks & Best Regards,HuaMin Chen(Mark it as answer if it does help you!) try to instal mySql with the free tool "AppServ"... is more simple....

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
Hi, I've downloaded the following onemysql-5.1.31-win32 after having unzipped the zip file I then locate to this folder \mysql-noinstall-5.1.31-win32\mysql-5.1.31-win32\bin> But after I've typed 'mysql' to go, I got this issueERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)Many Thanks & Best Regards,HuaMin Chen(Mark it as answer if it does help you!)...

ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050)
Hi  I am facing problems with connecting to MySQL, I am using the same settings as before and earlier I was able to connect. I formatted the machine and now am getting problems.The following is my connection string:<add key="ConnectionString" value="Driver={mySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=servername;Database=dbname;Uid=uid;Pwd=pwd;Option=3;" />and I receive the following error:ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050) Please help me on this front. ThanksSandyLooking to check the time, goto http://whatisthe...

mysql 5.0.24 gives error "Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQL\bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'"
Hi All I've just tried to do a small mysql update to 5.0.24, but it gives me an error: Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQL \bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys' I've tried adding basedir=sys:/mysql to the my.cnf: [mysqld] default-character-set=latin1 language=english bind-address=0.0.0.0 port=3306 datadir=web:/mysqldb basedir=sys:/mysql skip-locking skip-innodb but it didn't do any difference, does anybody have an idea to this? NetwareGuy, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That co...

Re: mysql 5.0.24 gives error "Can't find messagefile '\MYSQL\bin/\MYSQL\bin/sys:/mysql/share/english/errmsg.sys'"
Is there a solution for this? Netware Guy posted it on 05 Aug 06. Thanks. ...

Error:Can't connect to MySQL server (10060)
Hi all,I created a simple page in asp.net2.0 using c#  to insert some data in remote data base which is in mysql.xxxx.aspx.cs String strsql, Connstring;         OdbcCommand cmd = new OdbcCommand();         OdbcConnection MyConnection = new OdbcConnection();         strsql = "insert into underwritinginspection(CompanyName ) values('paricomputers')";         Connstring = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["MyConnection"].T...

Can't connect to mysql dbexpress PLEASE HELP !
Hello I'm just starting to program in c + + I'm going crazy trying to make an application with mysql I can not connect to the database Every time I try to dbExpress I get this error: Borland.Data.TDBXError: DBX Error: Driver not could be Properly initialized. Client library May be missing, not installed Properly, of the wrong version, or the driver May be missing from the system path. I would appreciate someone to help me a lot with this THANKS! federico ch <> wrote: >Client library May be missing, not installed Properly, Client library is libmysql.dll. It is no...

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080707000006020508060600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Some thing happens with Bugzilla and mysql. I nothing changed but suddenly I see this message: Software error: DBI connect('host=localhost;database=bugs;port=3306','bugs',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) at /usr/lib/perl5/DBI.pm line 609 DBI::__ANON__('undef', 'undef') called at /usr/lib/per...

Web resources about - [MySQL] ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL... - opensuse.org.help.applications