New Linux Software portal

[image:
http://blog.browsefast.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bfast_screen.jpg]

Hello to all.

Here�s a sugestion of a new Linux software portal that i�ve been
working for the past year and a half on my spare time.

This is a place for promotion of the best Linux software. Either
commercial or open source.
You can find plenty of useful software and games in here.

The site is still on beta stage (has been online for about two monts
only) but is quite usable.

Feel free to visit and post a comment if you wish.

'Browse Fast - Promoting the Best Linux Software'
(http://www.browsefast.net)

--
fatcat2000

fatcat2000
7/1/2009 9:46:02 PM
opensuse.org.general 2244 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SOwens Technologies announces new line of Security software for DotNetNuke Portal Software
Imagine encrypting specific fields in your database, based on requirements and the needs of your customer or organization. Now do it with a few lines of code and your using InCryptorIT software by SOwens Technologies. Read about our first product in our new line of software at SOwens Technologies.Steven OwensSOwens Technologies...we make the net move Shouln't this be posted in another forum?Do you know the truth when you hear it?...

New to linux, new install
OK hello folks, I have an Acer Aspire 5670 with opensuse 11.0 installed after some probs with graphics I am now up and running but at the moment I don't know how to switch on my wireless, its runnig fine on a ethernet connection but can't find out how to connect with wifi. Also the sound seems very quiet compared to the windows install even on max volume any ideas on these isssues. Cheers Del -- haggisuk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Welcome to our forum. haggisuk;1891420 Wrote: > I have an Acer Aspire...

New software for Windows-based programs and Linux
MANILA, Philippines (AP) -- A Philippine-based company unveiled software Thursday that would allow Windows-based programs to run on computers using the rival Linux operating system. Peter Valdes, chief technology officer of SpecOps Labs Inc., said his company's software will help millions of users "migrate" from Windows machines to the free and open-source Linux platform. "After you install the bridge software ... it is as if you have a Windows OS (operating system) on your desktop," he said. Valdes noted that one big obstacle to propagating the use of Linux is...

NEW NEW NEW
hi I have a huge form to build on an asp.net page with multiple fields  that come from and also connect to (postback=true) 10 different tables{database is access for now } .which controls would be helpful please suggest. Also how about usign infopath to build forms and hosting it on iis is it feasible..please advice. Thanks in advance Environment: Visual studio 2005 ,iis webserver,ms access,Thanks to all the PROS who are helping other developers.. Hi, For ASP.NET 2.0 Hosting purpose I am currently using GoDaddy.com. And satisfied with the service.RegardsKuldeep Deokule&nbs...

New Form
I need to create a form that will post to a different page outside of the portal Virtual directory, when I do this the form either postsback to itself or does nothing. how do I get this resolved? I need it to be a form because I don't want the address to display the info.. Example Don't want www.mydomain.com/mypage.asp?data1=one&data2=two Please helpKeith K. Kowalski There are a couple of problems when trying to add forms to your aspx pages. First of all, the reason .NET is able to do all of it's fancy-schmancy event handling is through the use of a big fat form. ...

New to SuSE, where do you find new software?
I'm moving from Ubuntu and after trying Fedora and finding it lacking, decided to try SuSE. So far, I like it. I installed Gnome 3 and it works fine. I've also followed the instructions to add the missing Yast menu item back so I have access to the Yast control panel. My question is, other than Yast and 'software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 11.4' (http://software.opensuse.org), where should I be looking for software? Especially stuff that might be "restricted" like codecs, etc. Am I missing any options or repositories? And what is Packman and shou...

new parent portals redirect to main portal. Why?
I have a server that has many domains (separated by name not IP) on it and I am tiring to share one DNN install base across many different domains.  What is weird is that this worked for 2 of my domains then after that all the others I tired to add redirect back to the first domain I installed DNN on. This is what I have running on 3.0.12 www.siteA.com/DNN --->d:\DNN ----- Parent site --- WORKS ---First one I installed. Not the IIS Root site just the first one I installed DNN on. www.johnsite.com/DNN --->d:\DNN ----- Parent site --- WORKS  --- separate ...

Relocate existing portal to new child portal
I originally created Portal A on a subdomain and have since purchased a new domain and created a new parent Portal B, under which I would like to relocate Portal A as a child portal.  Do I need to rebuild the Portal A on a new child portal or can I somehow "switch" its location to a new child designation?I found the Export Template (Include content) settings, but I am not certain of how they work.  My portal has 46 users and I don't want to interrupt their settings.  It also has approx 50mb of uploaded user files that I don't want to break.Advice please? Why not add the...

New portal design and 4 new skinobjects
Hi Time to show off what I have been working on : http://offshoreprogrammeur.websecurestores.net/ Yeah this doesnt look like a normal dnn skin and I had to do some programming to make this into a skin. ImageMenu ( a new skinobject that renders an iamge menu  with normal hover and selected state)  the imagebuttons itself were generated by my soon to be released button generator ImageLogin ( Another skinobject , login and logoff as image not as link - disabled for now ) SchwingPageTitle skinobject ( the image showing "Welcome to OffshoreProgrammeur.com) thsi ...

Linux Apps Installation and general linux tutorial
Hello everyone, Long time windows user trying to make the conversion to linux. I know just enough about linux to poke around and realize that I should learn more. So that leads me into my first question. Is there a general linux tutorial out there somewhere. Not the basic tutorial of "this is the KDE desktop . . .". Really more a linux administrator tutorial that teachs me the basic path structure, configuration files I should know and how to edit them, how to install and configure software, what all the services do, security issues . . . etc. I basically need...

Move Linux GW7 to new Linux Server
Hello: I have a Linux GroupWise 7.0.2 system that I need to move to new server hardware. The current server is SLES 10 (non SP1). The new server is SLES 10 SP1. How would I go about doing that? Can I just: 1. Install eDirectory on the new server and add it to the tree. 2. Install GroupWise 7.0.2 on the new system. 3. Copy the GroupWise domain and post office directories from the old system to the new system (would be in the same location). 4. Change the eDir objects to point to the new IP address. 5. Start the MTA/GWIA on the new server. Or, is there something else that I wo...

New Compile of ASE-Products for LINUX new threadmodel
When will sybase engeneering will support the new thread model in linux ? glibc > 2.3.5 Regards Rainer rainer.schlichter@unix-db.org wrote: > When will sybase engeneering will support the new thread > model in linux ? > > glibc > 2.3.5 > > Regards > > Rainer A CR has been opened for this, and it's being worked on, but I wouldn't expect to see it until after the release of RHEL5 at the earliest. It will also most likely not be in the 12.x codeline, and only in the 15.x codeline. So, optimistically, I'd say not to expect anyth...

Batch conversion/load new users to new portal
I have ~10,000 users I want to migrate to DNN from a MS Access app. These users have history as well as the normal info. Is there any easy way to seed the DNN DB with these new users (plus history) and essentially contact these people giving them their new ID and a temp password (that will expire when 1st logged in). We can ask all 10,000 of them to register on the portal but then we have to connect their history records manually as they come in - so that is not desired. I know there is a lot asked above so I'll welcome any reply. Thanks in advance!Regards,DMG For other...

New Portal Bombs After Trying To Add Child Portal
I get this error after attempting to add a Child portal: "Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression." I now get this error now even when trying to access the main portal! This is a brand new install using the 1.0.10c code... Any ideas?David HoltUltimate Service Systems"If you don't know where you are going, then it doesn't matter which road you take, does it?" -- The Cheshire Cat, Alice In Wonderland Here's the stack trace in case this he...

Web resources about - New Linux Software portal - opensuse.org.general

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
Given that I resigned a couple weeks ago and am looking for new work , I've been asking myself a lot of questions about what I want to do next. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
We are gearing up for another awe-inspiring, thought-engaging, and actionable conference in 2012. It is our vision to stir up innovation and ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...