Why can Asunder find CD info when Banshee can't?

The title says it all.

I prefer to rip CDs with Banshee, but sometimes Asunder can find the
title information in a CDDB when Banshee can't. Quite often, in fact.

Is there anything that I can do to make Banshee more reliable in
finding CD info? Thanks!

--
JJMT

JJMT
9/1/2008 8:36:02 PM
opensuse.apps.multimedia 3307 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Is there anything that I can do to make Banshee more reliable in finding
> CD info?
Is it configured to get CDDB from the same server? Doesn't seem like
much but it might make a difference.

--
Obscurum per obscurius.
-The obscure (explained) by the more obscure.

0
jplindy
9/2/2008 3:46:02 AM
jplindy;1865801 Wrote:
> Is it configured to get CDDB from the same server? Doesn't seem like
> much but it might make a difference.

I'm sure not; but I don't know how to change the server settings.

--
JJMT
JJMT's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=755
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=394292

0
JJMT
9/2/2008 11:26:01 AM
Should be under preferences or tools/configure/CDDB

--
Obscurum per obscurius.
-The obscure (explained) by the more obscure.
jplindy's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=6137
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=394292

0
jplindy
9/2/2008 9:06:02 PM
jplindy;1866183 Wrote:
> Should be under preferences or tools/configure/CDDB

Nope. No such option. For the record, we are talking about Banshee 1.0.
I also went through Gnome Configuration and didn't find anything.

--
JJMT
JJMT's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=755
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=394292

0
JJMT
9/2/2008 9:36:01 PM
Got the same error with banshee 1.8.0 - grip find the cd infos from
freedb.freedb.org and banshee don�t find anything.

Is there a posibility to change the cddb from banshee?

Regards pullistricker

--
pullistricker
pullistricker's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=51587
View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=394292

0
pullistricker

They Can't Crack What They Can't Find
They Can't Crack What They Can't Find noeld@rootprompt.org The Internet today is a jungle full of predators. Some of these predators are trying to crack your machine others are just looking for a machine to crack. By using the firewalling tools built into the Linux kernel it is possible to make a desktop machine virtually disappear from the crackers view. In this article I will describe how to hide a machine running Linux that uses PPP over a modem to connect to the Internet. I will use ipchains and the firewalling built into the Linux kernel to protect the services that are ...

Tomcat can't find novlwww and Httpd2 can't find wwwrun at boot time
Hello, After installing NSS services, when my OES Linux SP2 server finishes loading I see "Failed services in runlevel 3: novell-tomcat4 apache2" Looking in /var/log/boot.msg I see: <notice>start services (novell-tomcat4 novell-nss apache2) Starting tomcat4: chown: `novlwww:www': invalid user su: user novlwww does not exist Starting httpd2 (worker) httpd2-worker: bad user name wwwrun The command line was: /usr/sbin/httpd2-worker -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf -DSSL failed This is the first OES Linux server on which NSS was installed, and there is no n...

Can't rename variables and can't find references
Hello. I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context menu and the key bindings does not work either. I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? Best Reagards. Martin S. wrote: > Hello. > > I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for > renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context > menu and the key bindings does not work either. > > I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this? > Can you bui...

Firefox can't open from URL on other App, can't shut down.
Until now, I had been using Firefox v1.0.2. Beginning yesterday, it became impossible to open a browser by clicking on a URL in either Polarbar Mailer or Pronews/2. There was one exception to this, at a time when there was no open Firefox window at all, when clicking on a URL did open a browser; that never happened if a Firefox window was already open. Shutting down Firefox in the usual way is now also impossible, unless it is done before much activity has taken place in the browser (only after a period of activity in the browser do these symptoms occur). It is possible to ...

Can't add Satellite Server (can't even find option)
Hi there, I have a little Prolem managing a Satellite Server. First of all here's my Environment: I'm using a SLES 10 SP2 as OS with ZCM 10.0.3 installed on it. The server's location is the central DMZ of my Test-Environment of my fictive Company. There are several further Subnets, representing external locations of my fictive Company. In each Subnet there is a Windows XP-Client with the ZCM-Agent installed on it. The devices are listed correctly in the "Devices"-Section. Now I want to make my Windows-Clients a Satellite-Server. In the Admin-Guide t...

Can't find assemblies, then becomes can't copy pagefile.sys?
 I had a working project, a web service with a .vbproj_deploy project around it and a setup around that that produced an .msi file that worked like a champ.I left to work on another project, and when I came back I started working on a new computer and had to get VS2005 installed there.  Pulled in the old project from source safe and everything built correctly except this one part, where I was told it couldn't find anything to assemble.    Then, going into source safe, I checked in what minor changes I'd made and the next time I loaded VS2005 it told me that d...

Can't load package from repos. Yast2 can't find file /repodata/repomd.xml
I usually use PClinuxOS but I just installed Suse 12.1 and am trying to find and load Cinelerra or Open Shot When I try to add programs I get an error from Yast2: "Cannot access installation media 'Index of /distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss' (http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss/) (medium 1) Check whether the server is accessible. URL 'Index of /distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss' (http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss/) File '/repodata/repomd.xml' not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/d...

Can't find EDM wizard (can't add ADO.NET Entity Data Model)
I'm having trouble getting started with EDM.  I'm ultimately trying to experiment with ASP.NET Data Services.  I have never installed any ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTPs.  However, I have installed VS2008 SP1 Beta1 and .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta 1.  Based on the list of features in SP1 Beta 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8C36ACA4-E947-4760-9B05-93CAC04C6F87&displaylang=en ) I believe I should have both EDM support and Data Services support. When I try to add a new item to my VS2008 project, ADO.NET Entity Data Model is not in the list.&nb...

NW6.5SP7 can't see real hardware, can't find VMWare Server virtual devices
I have a server I am trying to nurse along which was struck by a hardware failure a few weeks ago. After replacing the motherboard, for the life of me I cannot get it to detect the second built-in LAN port. It's a generic Intel "SDS2" motherboard, and the Intel CE100B.LAN driver can only find one port in the repaired machine. It always says there is a device conflict when I try to load it again for the other port. When I install Windows 2003 on the exact same hardware using some spare hard drives, Windows is able to find and use both LAN ports without any problem. ...

Can't Find NDPS Error code anywhere, Can't add printer drivers via iManager
NW 6 SP3 WIN XP SP1 client 4.83 sp1 (and what ever versions of the broker comes with sp3) I go into the broker, into RMS, select the Windows 2k/xp drivers. It does not matter if I choose to Add from File or Add from System, I recieve the same error: [in red] Exception saving resource print drivers configuration NDPS Library Error Category: 1060004h Other Error: FFFFFC62h I can't find that error anywhere on the support areas, nor, will it let me add any print drivers. Yes, I have chosen older .INF files just in case of the new INF problem as discussed in a TID. I&...

Web resources about - Why can Asunder find CD info when Banshee can't? - opensuse.apps.multimedia