Zenworks 7 to Zenworks 10.0.3

Has anyone had any problems updating to 10.0.3 from version 7. Also do I
need to remove version 7 before installing version 10.0.3.

--
forthehorde

forthehorde
6/5/2008 3:16:01 PM
novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent 2099 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ZCM 10.0.3 is in essence a totally new product.
It should be viewed is more of a Migration to a New Product than an Upgrade
of an old Product.

ZCM 10 and ZDM7 can both reside on the same NetWork, but the Agents cannot
be installed on the same PC.
When you install the ZCM10 agent on a PC, it will remove the ZDM7 Agent.

ZCM10 when first released had more than its fair share of quirks.
Now that it is up to 10.0.3 it is leaps and bounds better than it was.

I think you will really see the polish shining with the release of the first
service pack.  (ZCM 10.1.0)

I would recommend installing ZCM 10.0.3 in a test environment to be able to
learn the new stuff and find any quirks that may get you.
Then if you are not in a rush, plan on rolling out ZCM 10.1.0 when it ships
this summer, if things go according to plan.
Since it's still in Beta Testing, there is not a firm ship date.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"forthehorde" <forthehorde@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

> Has anyone had any problems updating to 10.0.3 from version 7. Also do I
> need to remove version 7 before installing version 10.0.3.
>

> --
> forthehorde

Craig
6/5/2008 3:59:31 PM
Thanks thats what I needed to hear.

--
forthehorde

forthehorde
6/5/2008 4:56:01 PM
I have been working on a migration from Zen 7 to Zen 10 and it is clear
that in many respects Zen 10 is a superior product, but there are some
differences and difficulties to make note of.

As far as I can tell Zen 10 does not support uninstalation of
applications through the Zen Agent.  All uninstalation information is
stripped our when you migrate the app - it can still be uninstalled
thrugh control panel.

When migrating workstations it is important that no discovered devices
have the same name as the workstation you are migrating - ZCM will be
unable to communicate with the re-named device - or any device that has
the same IP address as another device.  Also make sure your inventory is
up-to-date before you migrate - if the inventory contains an old ip
address the agent deployment will fail.

I am still working out the hiccups I have run into and will keep you
posted.  This has not been an easy task - you really need to have
EVERYTHING in order BEFORE you get started on it.

--
phawley

phawley
6/6/2008 1:26:01 PM
Under the "Actions" tabe, there is an "Uninstall" option you can enable.
It should be very similar to what is in ZDM7

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

> As far as I can tell Zen 10 does not support uninstalation of
> applications through the Zen Agent.  All uninstalation information is
> stripped our when you migrate the app - it can still be uninstalled
> thrugh control panel.

0
Craig
6/6/2008 2:54:06 PM
Yep, but this will not work for migrated apps, that's what phawley was
talking about...

Ron

"Craig Wilson" <craig_d_wilson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Under the "Actions" tabe, there is an "Uninstall" option you can enable.
> It should be very similar to what is in ZDM7
>
> --
> Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
>
> Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
> These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
>

>> As far as I can tell Zen 10 does not support uninstalation of
>> applications through the Zen Agent.  All uninstalation information is
>> stripped our when you migrate the app - it can still be uninstalled
>> thrugh control panel.

0
Ron
6/6/2008 3:14:59 PM
I just wanted to make sure he knew there was a place to set it.

--

"Ron van Herk" <Ron.delete@this.vherk.nl> wrote in message
> Yep, but this will not work for migrated apps, that's what phawley was
> talking about...
>
> Ron
>
> "Craig Wilson" <craig_d_wilson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Under the "Actions" tabe, there is an "Uninstall" option you can enable.
>> It should be very similar to what is in ZDM7
>>
>> --
>> Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
>> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop
>>
>> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
>>
>> Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
>> These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
>>

>>> As far as I can tell Zen 10 does not support uninstalation of
>>> applications through the Zen Agent.  All uninstalation information is
>>> stripped our when you migrate the app - it can still be uninstalled
>>> thrugh control panel.

0
Craig
6/6/2008 4:09:50 PM
Well let me tell you that there have been a variety of hiccups.

Everything from JAVA sucking up all my server resources (and then some
from the other servers on the VM Server - t 403 and 404 not found
errors and clients that show the server as unavailable.  This has not
been fun.

One of the primary things I have learned is to be patient - just
because ZCC says something is done doesn't mean that all processing
that needs to happen has happened.  - and anything that causes a delay
or other bump in the road will wreak havoc on things like client
installs or update downloads.

One issue I had that my migrated workstations came over with the ip
addresses that were stored in inventory on Zen 7 - if these were not
the current ip address when the migration occurred it would fail.  So
make sure your DHCP registrations are good.  I then discoverd (after
fixing that issue) that after migration and registration I could not
access the worksations from ZCC and I think I fund the culprit.  ZCC
was showing them with TWO ip addresses - both the same, but if I
unregister and then register them - they work fine (even if it has XP
sp3) - so I'm not sure how useful migrating workstations is...

--
phawley

phawley

Downgrade Zenworks 10.3.3 to Zenworks 10.3.2
Hi all..i got a request from customer to do downgrade Zenwork Agent from 10.3.3 to 10.3.2.. In before, we are using 10.3.2 and then, after download 10.3.3, the mark item in "System Update" move to 10.3.3.. And the status of 10.3.2 has been "Superceded"..while the status for 10.3.3 is "downloaded". Right now, all workstation and satellite server still using 10.3.2, and use change their mind to use back 10.3.2...even i suggest to upgrade all device with the latest version, but user still dont want it.. They ask me to use 10.3.2 back.. If i delete 10.3.3 ve...

Upgrading from Zenworks 10.0.3 to 10.2
Would it be better for wait for 10.2? or should I upgrade from 10.0.3 to 10.1/1 now. Currently ZCM is really messy but we work around it and its working out ok after months of getting use to ZCMs short comings. So should I update know or wait for 10.2? -- knodi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I believe that ZCM 10.1.0 will be the minimum requirement to upgrade to 10.2.0 If you are somewhat stable, the best option will likely be to Upgrade to 10.1.0 and then 10.1.3 (Hopefully available this month and will be cumulative from 10...

How to upgrade zenworks 10.0.3 to 10.1
How to upgrade zenworks 10.0.3 to 10.1 ???? is there a upgrade file or do i have download a comlete zenworks 10.1 and repair the installation??? -- hans211 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hans211, check out http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7001200&sliceId=SAL_Public it's the same to install or upgrade. http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm101_upgrade/data/be9cw6l.html has the upgrade details -- Shaun Pond ahh. i thougt it too, but dont want to b...

Zenworks Agent 10.3.3
Hi, Here's my problem : I have a SYSPREP fully functionnal that install the Novell Client IR9a on a Windows 7 SP1 32Bits and at the end i have a VBS File that download the latest version of Zenworks Agent installer to the local harddrive. After it installs it... Then a strange behavior happen after the required reboot by the installer. You can't ping any DNS names until until you have rebooted your machine 3 times. -> You can ping ip addresses but not their names. I tried to do a flush dns realse or renew and same behavior... can't ping any DNS names. ...

10.0.3 agent updating to 10.0.1 instead of 10.0.3.2
MY ZCM10 server is windows 2003 SP2 R2 updated to zcm 10.0.3.2 When I deploy the ZCM agent to a workstation the workstation installs the 10.0.3 agent. After the reboot, the workstation then downloads and installs the 10.0.1 msi files. The ZAA still lists the agent as 10.0.3. Any idea why the 10.0.1 files are being downloaded to the workstation after 10.0.3 is installed on the workstation? Any idea how I can get 10.0.3.2 to install on the workstation? -- moffatt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moffatt said on 7/23/2008, ...

ZENworks Agent Service stops after deploying 10.3.3 agent.
Hi, Yesterday i patched our three ZCM-servers (Sles 11) with 10.3.3. I then deployed the 10.3.3 agent to some computers in the IT-department. ZCC shows that the deployment were successful. The problem is that you can not log on to the ZONE from many of these computers. The Novell ZENworks Agent Service stops. I get the following in the Application Windows Log on a Windows 7 64-bit client: Faulting application name: ZenworksWindowsService.exe, version: 10.3.3.3582, time stamp: 0x4d654308 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16695, time stamp: 0x4cc7b325 Exceptio...

Manual Update of ZENworks Adaptive Agent to 10.0.1.0???
Is there a way to manually update the ZENworks Adaptive Agent to version 10.0.1.0? After the udpated 10.0.1.0 version of the agent caused some problems with remote control, I decided to uninstall the agent so that I coudl reinstall. I installed the PreAgentPkg_Agent.exe file downloaded from the .....zenworks-downloads\setup\x86 folder (Windows 2003 server). But, after everything was reinstalled, I'm back to version 10.0.0.0. WHY!!!!!!!!!! The MSI's downloaded by the preagent and installed are the old version. Is it too much to ask that the newer versions be installed? Do ...

10.0.3 agent imaged with 10.0.3.2
Hi, I have many devices with 10.0.3 agent on which I need to push a new image. Those devices are pending to receive the new 10.0.3.2 agent version. The new image contains the 10.0.3.2 agent. Is this image process could cause any damage ? Thanks. Normand said on 7/22/2008, >I have many devices with 10.0.3 agent on which I need to push a new image. >Those devices are pending to receive the new 10.0.3.2 agent version. > >The new image contains the 10.0.3.2 agent. > >Is this image process could cause any damage ? I don't think so, other than the nor...

10.0.3 agent update to 10.0.3.2
On some devices, when the update try to install, they are going in Error state and the error message is: "One or more pre-requisite updates failed to install to this device. Ensure all pre-requisite updates have been applied successfully and try again." What is that/those pre-requisite ? Thanks. I don't know if all I did help to resolve my problem but I: - reboot my ZCM server - unregister devices - re-register devices - refresh devices Now, update is applied. Refered to TID 7000785 "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> a �crit dans le message...

Force 10.0.3 agent update to 10.0.3.2
Hi, Is it possible to force agents that are at 10.0.3 version to update to 10.0.3.2 ? I have many devices that are in pending state since many days (weeks) and some policies and/or bundles I made are not applying maybe because of this... Can someone help me ? Thanks. If the 10.0.3.2 has downloaded to the machines but just not run, you can try the following: > > C: > CD "C:\Program > Files\Novell\ZENworks\logs\system-update\5754c9d3833a435386c200e70e17a0b6" > "C:\Program Files\Novell\Zenworks\Bin\zenupdater.exe" -v -c > update_com...

Zenworks 10.3.3
...before apps/icons are available. Clients upgraded from 10.3.0 - or fresh installs on new workstations. Any fix for this? -- rjones82 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rjones82, > Clients upgraded from 10.3.0 - or fresh installs on new workstations. > > Any fix for this? > I have not heard of this before, nor seen this myself. What kind of database do you run and have you performed the regular DB maintenance? - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell has a new enhancement reques...

10.0.3 to 10.0.3.2 Agent
This may have been briefly discussed but I figured that I'd throw my 2 cents worth in. Okay, I've had a number of my machines get the update to 10.0.3.2 and it's been running much better for me except for a couple of minor issues. One thing that I noticed though that the most recent of my installs weren't getting the patch. These are the machines that were originally installed with 10.0.3. I started looking into the problem and did a clean 10.0.3 install on a VM. To my dismay, the ZENupdater module was completely missing. No .dll, no .exe, nothing. So, I ...

Overlay 10.0.2 on ZENworks Agent
How can I update the client installation program as well? Mchon, the client will update itself. If you're asking how to deploy the 10.0.2 agent to new machines, we're trying to get hold of the necessary files to do that -- Shaun Pond ...

Zenworks 3 and Zenworks 4
Is there any documentation on running Zenworks 3 and Zenworks 4 in together? I am having a hard time locating any. , > Is there any documentation on running Zenworks 3 and Zenworks 4 in > together? I am having a hard time locating any. > http://www.novell.com/documentation/zdpr/index.html See: "ZfD 3.x and ZfD 4.x Coexistence" - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at http://support.nove...

Web resources about - Zenworks 7 to Zenworks 10.0.3 - novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent

Novell goes large for ZENworks update
Novell has expanded the scope of its Novell ZENWorks IT management suite so that it can watch over 100,000 devices or more with a single server. ...

Novell ZenWorks Mobile Management Aims at BYOD Businesses
... rise of bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives challenges IT management capabilities in businesses of all sizes, Novell is debuting its ZenWorks ...

Information leak in ZENworks Asset Management disclosed
The Metasploit developers have published an information disclosure vulnerability in Novell ZENworks Asset Management that allows remote attackers ...

Novell ZENworks hands in a solid client management performance
Novell's ZENworks 10 Configuration Management is a solid, mature desktop manager with several useful features, including asset inventory, license ...

Novell goes large for ZENworks update
Novell has expanded the scope of its Novell ZENWorks IT management suite so that it can watch over 100,000 devices or more with a single server. ...

Edit Overview - Novell - CrunchBase Company Profile
Please provide a descriptive, neutral, third-person overview of this company. Avoid marketing language. Start with one sentence that best describes ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... The Attachmate Group . It specializes in network operating systems, such as Novell NetWare ; systems management solutions, such as Novell ZENworks ...

Location security, app bundling helping St John of God manage mobility
With the 2015 completion of its $430m Midland Public and Private Hospitals on the horizon, Perth-based St John of God Health Care is repackaging ...

1E-Market leader in IT efficiency - UserDetails
Edit Profile Change Password Logout Log in / Register Partners Support Contact support Community forums FAQ Product documentation Request a trial ...

Application Packager
Application Packager job in Chicago, Illinois, US. Read the Application Packager job description and find other Sargent and Lundy jobs at Monster. ...