Management Zone, Server DNS, Server Address: Unavailable

I am setting up a new ZEN 10.1 system, W2003 server, and I cannot get
the Agent to communicate with the server - firewalls turned off, etc.
The Push Agent install failed, so I ended up installing the
AgentComplete manually.
My test workstation is a VMware virtual PC.  Any help would be
appreciated.

--
mkramer

mkramer
9/23/2008 5:36:02 PM
novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent 2099 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DNS checks out OK

I also get the following when trying to use the zac reg command:

Processing Command:  reg

user name: administrator
password: ********

Unable to register with the server at: https://zenworks.mydomain.com.
RegisterUser - Unable to register with any service

--
mkramer

mkramer
9/23/2008 5:46:01 PM
I tried again, and now it is working - strange, after dealing with it
for about 3 hours!

--
mkramer

mkramer
9/23/2008 6:26:01 PM
mkramer,

> I tried again, and now it is working - strange, after dealing with it
> for about 3 hours!

Sounds as if the service was failing to load on the server. Did you
happen to nice if the server log "loader-messages.log" had any errors?

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop

Server to Server, both Servers in same Tree
Hi, where could be problem when some time connection is not established after server restart, but some time it is OK. (I waited whole day) Filters are opened for all IP from and to both servers in VPN. Both servers are BM3.7 SP2, NDS Version 10350.19 March 18, 2003 Slave server contain RW replica of the container where the server resides. (I tried also Master replica) here are also licenses for NW6 and BM3.7 Master server is in different replica which is not on slave server. Both servers are on same subnet. Packet capture shows only IP 57 communication from Master to ...

server or no server
i have been looking in to slipstreaming windows up dates over the net work ..i have also been thinking (bad thing to do ) installing the os over the net (image).i know you can do this over win2k server using rras server but could i do this in novell 5.1 with out bulding and paying for a server lience. our network is spread across 6 sites one server to each site a gig backbone on each site but connect by 100 mb line .not knowing novell to well but they seem not to be use the OS and Server to well .any help or info would be useful Nigel, > i have been looking in to...

2 Servers with 10.1.2 but one server has the old agent
hi... we have two servers both with win2008 an zcm 10.1.2 with external database. when i install a client with \\server2\zenworks-setup i get the 10.1.2 agent when i install a client with \\server1\zenworks-setup i get the 10.1.1 agent, and after installation the update to 10.1.2 run why? both serveres has included 10.1.2 -- zcm10 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Zcm10, looks like the agent update process was interrupted - see http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7002440...

Zenworks patch management update server 6.3 server patch 6
--____DNNFMJENKMAMFEYVXCEU____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 23 May 2007 12:16:37 -0400" Hello, Should I be seeing this patch in my vulnerabilities for my PL server? = Server agent version is 6.3.2.858. I don't see it. thanks Tom --____DNNFMJENKMAMFEYVXCEU____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____RAHTTLYUNHGCILCCFTGD____" --____RAHTTLYUNHGCILCCFTGD____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encodi...

server name for DNS servers
Running DNS for internal addresses on two NetWare 6.5 sp7 servers. External addresses are handled by our ISPs DNS. Typing nslookup on a Windows XP PC returns the following. C:\>nslookup *** Can't find server name for address x.x.x.x: Non-existent domain *** Can't find server name for address y.y.y.y: Non-existent domain *** Default servers are not available Default Server: UnKnown Address: x.x.x.x x.x.x.x and y.y.y.y are my two DNS servers. Why am I getting errors such as "can't find server name..." and "default servers are not available"? ...

Which server should be DHCP/DNS server?
It makes sense that the BM server is also the DNS server - does it matter which server is the DHCP server, perhaps in terms of speed of logging in, etc.? Is it possible to have the DNS server be other than the BM server? Just want to know if this matters from a system design point of view. Network in question has 4 Netware servers and 1 Windows server. TIA. -S- In article <B2%Uf.9742$_K3.9291@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Steve Freides wrote: > It makes sense that the BM server is also the DNS server - does it > matter which server is the DHCP server, ...

DDNS
--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 10 Jan 2007 09:40:29 -0500" We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a SLES = 10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation hostnames = to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my = TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys = to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see...

GlobalNames DNS zone and NetWare DNS servers
We have a mix of NetWare 6.5 and Windows Server 2008 DNS servers. There is a forwarding zone in Novell that points to the Windows DNS servers for the DNS zone abc.xyz.local. Most workstations are configured for the DNS zone named xyz, so when they attempt to resolve a host name, they append xyz (i.e. webserver.xyz). Novell is primary for the xyz zone, and the workstations point to Novell, so it resolves properly. A few workstations are domain-joined, so they append abc.xyz.local (the AD domain name), turning webserver into webserver.abc.xyz.local. They also point to NetWare DNS, wh...

Managed server list in NRM using DNS name instead of IP address
Hi all. When I go into NRM and go to the bottom link and click on managed server list it brings all of my servers up just fine. However as I move the mouse across the server names I see the DNS name instead of the IP so when I click on the applicable server it goes to page can not be found. If I enter the IP address manually everything is OK. My question is where can I go to change the link from using the DNS name to the IP. Example: dmznoell.com is what it shows when it should show http://192.168.60.5 thanks Mark, It appears that in the past few days you have not rec...

order of DNS servers on BM server
I've set up a test BM server for testing BM3.8/NW6.5 along with surfcontrol and linkwall. I have noticed that there is a substantial delay in access sites for the first time, I originally had the BM server pointing to internal DNS hosts and then our external DNS server. When I put the external first, and internal second, page loads are almost immediate, even on new sites. What is the recommended order on BM server, if all it is doing is BM services? BM isn't doing any DNS of its own. -- Michael Alexander Network Administrator Milwaukee Valve If your interna...

Servers missing in managed server list
Hi, When I go to the managed servers there are servers missing that have been there for some time. I was chasing a possible slp issue at first but I check the slp.cfg on these servers and they are pointing to the right da, NDS is replicating to these servers, I can get remote access fine, so communication seems to be working. I was trying to install symantec corporate anti-virus, the one particular server does not show up as an option and that is when I noticed it wasn't in the managed server list either. Any help is appreciated. (all servers are NW6 SP5) Thanks Ja...

Move Zenwork server to another server
does anyone know or have some information on how to move a zenwork server to another server? jean, > > does anyone know or have some information on how to move a zenwork server > to another server? There really isn't that much to it. What components are you using? The bigest pain will be modifying all your applications and changing the source path to point to the new server. -- Jared Novell Support Forums SysOp Systems Analyst with Data Technique, INC. Using XanaNews 1.16.5.2 as a News Reader Novell eDirectory Services 1.6 Billion users worldwide 81% 0...

Web resources about - Management Zone, Server DNS, Server Address: Unavailable - novell.zenworks.cfg.10.agent

In year-end spree, Obama reduces sentences of 95 prisoners, pardons 2
President Barack Obama on Friday commuted the sentences of 95 prisoners and pardoned two more, part of a broader effort to rethink a criminal ...

Sanders takes Democratic officials to court in data breach fight
By Megan Cassella and James Oliphant WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders sued the Democratic National ...

Target tipped in plan to launch mobile payment system
Target is looking into launching its own mobile payment system, according to sources. The company is tipped in the early stages of its effort, ...

Pharma Bro Martin Shkreli Is Running Live Stream of Himself Today Because, Really, Why Not
Martin Shkreli , one of the most hated people in America right now, set up a live stream of his day because why the hell not. Shkreli’s first ...

US school district shut after threats over Arabic homework
It underlined simmering anti-Islamic sentiment in the United States following last month's shooting massacre in California by a married Muslim ...

Ted Cruz fires another shot at Marco Rubio in battle over immigration
MECHANICSVILLE, Va. — Sen. Ted Cruz defended his record on amnesty for undocumented immigrants at a rally in Virginia on Friday, while at the ...

‘F*cking Asshole Used My Gun’: Transcript of Neighbor’s San Bernardino 911 Call Released
Newly-discovered court documents reveal the 911 call Enrique Marquez , the neighbor of San Bernardino shooters Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik ...

Jason Day’s wife released from hospital after LeBron James crash landing - Sport - The Guardian
Ellie Day, the wife of the US PGA champion Jason Day, has been released from hospital after being on the receiving end of a LeBron James crash ...

I'm Single and Childless and You Don't Want My Christmas Card
The other day, I had a bit of spare time on my hands and was feeling quite antsy. My sister asked: “Why don’t you write your Christmas cards?” ...

Apple Is Opening the Door to a Top-Secret Lab This Weekend
This Sunday, you can see the future—or at least the future of Apple. In an upcoming 60 Minutes segment, Charlie Rose will take viewers inside ...