Zenworks Management Agent install

Hello,

We are about ready to rollout Zenworks 4.01 to all users.  Of course the
management agent has to be installed on all workstations.  I know we can do
it from the login script but does anybody have the switches for it so that
it will be transparent to the users?  Is there a TID on how to do this?

Douglas
2/10/2004 6:15:10 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.management 2122 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Douglas,

   If you have already Zen 3.2 you can create a msi application to
distribute the zfdagent.msi  to all you workstation .

See the readme contain with the latest zfdagent.msi that explain different
possible configuration of  the application  when distributing the ZFD4
Agent.

Look at this document for information
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085696.htm

For some Msiexec parameters look a this Microsoft Document
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/prodtechnol/winxppro/proddocs/msiexec.asp

Martin Dallaire
martin.dallaire@bzinc.ca

"Douglas Danco" <ddanco@rev.net> a �crit dans le message de
> Hello,
>
> We are about ready to rollout Zenworks 4.01 to all users.  Of course the
> management agent has to be installed on all workstations.  I know we can
do
> it from the login script but does anybody have the switches for it so that
> it will be transparent to the users?  Is there a TID on how to do this?
>
> Thanks

0
Martin

ZenWorks Patch Management Agent fails to install: Registrati
Hi... I'm trying to setup ZenWorks Patch Management... I have the server up running, and now I'm trying to install the agent on SLES servers... I'm getting the following error: Installing ZENworks Patch Management Agent 6.4185 Copyright (c) 2006 Novell Corporation Performing tests for Silent install... Checking Group List Silent installation tests successfully completed. Expanding archive... Constructed Inet with: 192.168.9.166 Connecting on port: 80 Returning cached address: 192.168.9.36 This machine's IP Address is: 192.168.9.36 This machine&#...

Slow login after Installing Zenworks for Desktops Management Agent
Ok heres a little history. I am running Zenworks for desktop 4 on Win98 machines. I was told that i needed to install the Zenworks for Desktop Management Agent in order for my policy to work in Zenworks 4 which is true. After i installed the agent and restart the computer i login and it takes 8-9 mins to fully login. The first time it caches a lot of different programs which i understand then the next time i login it take 3- 4 mins. I have installed XP on a machine and installed the Management agent and it takes only about 30 secs to login in after the first time. We...

Upgrading the zenworks management agent
Hi, We want to upgrade the zenworks management agent to version 4 ir6. What is the best way to do this? Is it possible to upgrade or do we have to uninstall and then reinstall the newer version? We have around 2500 and some users have restricted permissions. We are running Zenworks for Desktop 4 on Netware 6 sp3 Cheers Gareth City of Bristol College gareth, >Is it possible to upgrade or do we have to uninstall and then reinstall >the newer version? Normally you can just upgrade on top and it doesn't cause problems. Since the install i...

ZENworks Patch Management Agent
Hi The Client/ZENworks Patch Management Agent produces following error message Control Panel Message An error has occurred while starting the control panel. The control panel will now exit. equal if I launch it through Control Panel -> ZENworks Patch Management Agent or c:\WINDOWS\system32\GravitixControlPanel.cpl. That happens on clients with Agent 6.3.2.700, only at the PLUS self it works. Sebastian Sebastian, is the person running it a local administrator? I have reported a problem for members of the users group... -- Shaun Pond Shaun, it's a ...

Zenworks Patch Management rollout client with ZenWorks for Desktops
--____UTRQULEWGJIBLHNALBDY____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 1 Mar 2007 04:25:03 -0800" Hello All: I need to roll-out Zenworks Patch Management with Zenworks for Desktops 7 = sp1. I am having trouble finding the procedure. Anyone? Brian Hatchell Network Manager Victor Valley Community College 760 245-4271 x2792 hatchellb@vvc.edu --____UTRQULEWGJIBLHNALBDY____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____LEREIKYEKABSPMNJIEPK____" ...

Zenworks Adaptive Agent Not Connecting to Management Zone
Hello, We're deploying the Zenworks Adaptive agent to about 15 recently imaged laptops. As we're installing the Zenworks Adaptive Agent (Default x86 Architecture (32 bit) Network (.NET required)) the device goes through the rebooting process after install. Once the agent comes back up and we check the status properties it says Management Zone, Server DNS, Server Address are all unavailable. I can ping the device via IP and DNS. It's worked on two of the devices after a number of install / uninstall's which we've also attempted on some other notebooks and it ha...

Distributing the Management Agent (ZENWorks 4.01)
Hi All, I'm in the process of installing ZENWorks 4 to my tree. I have updated the schema, installed ZENWorks 4.01 and the next step is to deploy the Zenworks for Deskstop Management Agent (ZFDAgent.msi) to every workstation. I setup the application (ZFD Management Agent) as an application that has an .MSI file. I use the path {servername} \sys:\public\zenworks\zfdInstall\zfdagent.msi I then set up the application to force run and to be delivered in the Application Launcher. I restart my workstation so that my login script now runs "NAL.exe" - but the M...

ZENworks Patch Management Agent.log is corrupt...
Server is W2K3 SP1, running ZEN Patch 6.3.2.700. I noticed on my server console the following error: "The file or directory \Program Files\Patchlink\UPdate Agent\ZENworks Patch Management Agent.log" is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility." I logged in (as Admin-equivalent) and ran Chkdsk from the command line. There were no reported errors. I found the log file and noticed that it was 149 Mb in size. Is that a problem or a common thing for it to be that big? We have 316 registered agents. I didn't attempt to open the file since 1). it wa...

ZENworks Patch Management Agent Utility
I downloaded the ZENworks Patch Management Agent Utility that Shaun Pond posted on Cool Solutions: (http://www.novell.com/communities/node/2257/zenworks-patch-management-uninstall-utility) When I unpack the zip file I have one file named zpmagentutility642420 with no extension. The article references four .exe files. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks. Patrick, I know that there have been issues with some browsers - I used this link http://www.novell.com/communities/node/3361/zenworks-patch-management-agent-utility to get the download, just tried it and it's fine, ...

Cannot Uninstall ZENworks for Desktops Management Agent 4.x
We cannot uninstall ZENworks for Desktops Management Agent 4.x. Any way that we try to uninstall it we receive the following error: Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. (Or in event view it gives this message) Event ID: 11722 Source: MsiInstaller Product: ZENworks for Desktops Management Agent -- Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. ...

Unable to unistall ZenWork desktop management Agent 4
I installed Novell Client 4.91 and Zenwork management Agent 4 on my computer when I was connected to a novell network. After I didn't have access to that novell network, I want to uninstall them,but I can only uninstall client 4.91. Now, Every time I boot up, Zenwork keeps prompt me wrong password to enter my workstation. Experts, please help me out of this situation. Thank you very very much! On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 18:03:45 GMT, Ingrid Lu wrote: > Experts, please help me out of this situation. whats the problem with uninstalling the agent? -- Marcus Breiden ...

Agent Install through Agent Management Center
I am trying to install agents through the agent management center. I click on install agents, I type the username, password, and domain name. I go to the Microsoft Windows Network to locate the domain name and select the specific machine I want to install it on. When I select install I get an error the "Number of nodes to install is greater than the available licenses." We are using the evaluation version where 100 computer are allowed to install agents and we only 40. Could somebody help please. Thank you Jason Jroggen, It appears that in the past few day...

cannot install ZCM agent if Zen Asset Manager agent there
I am currently running the ZDM 6.5 agent on my XP workstations and I also purchased the Novell Zen Asset Manager product, which has it's own agent on the workstations. Now the ZCM agent also does the functionality of the ZAM client. When I try to install THE ZCM agent it attemps to remove the old ZDM agent. This fails. The only way to recover from this is to reghost the workstation. If you manually first remove the ZAM then you can manually remove the ZFD client, then you can install ZCM. It appears that if you are using the ZAM you cannot instal ZCM because it will not remo...

Zenworks agent install
Is there a way to install the zenworks agent onto multiple desktops that dont have it already installed? and set all the options and settings? cheers in advance troy Sure, do you want to do it via login script or NAL? http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085696.htm http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10082208.htm If these TIDs don't help or you have other questions, please ask. -- Jared L Jennings Novell Support Forums SysOp Systems Engineer for Data Technique, INC. ICQ# 27902780 Using XanaNews 1.16.3.1 I tried the login sc...

Web resources about - Zenworks Management Agent install - novell.zenworks.4x.management

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Australian public service failing to share information: Public Sector Data Management report
Agencies spending years to agree to share a few tables of data. Two agencies needed 11 agreements to share information.

Coke Shuffles Management in Wake of Wendy Clark Exit
Coca-Cola is making significant changes to its North American leadership team in the wake of the departure of Wendy Clark, a highly respected ...

Major Takata investor dumps stock due to management concerns
... Earnings/Financials , Safety , Japan One of Takata's largest investors sold off its shares after losing confidence in the company's management ...

The challenges of endpoint management in a hybrid environment
... resources. To find out how managers can address these challenges and what tools they can use to help, we spoke to Dana Epp, CTO of IT management ...

Master Six Sigma Lean project management for $49
The Six Sigma Lean management philosophy has been gaining popularity among IT professionals, and for good reason—it helps teams improve internal ...

75 MW Storage Inverter Backlog For DynaPower Energy Management
Dynapower Energy Management is a company based in Burlington, Vermont, that makes energy storage inverters, and which has experienced so much ...