Group Policy using local settings?

I've got a weird problem on one particular campus.

XPSP1
Novell 4.83 SP2
ZFD 4.0.1b
ZFD client dated 07/18/03

At one time we had the start menu setup to only allow classic.  I had
to since then "disable" it because of a new course that requires both
classic and new.  That and the control panel.

This change works fine on about 1500 of our 1800 PC's.

The PC is somehow pulling the old settings.  When I bring up WMSCHED
it
is showing all of the proper actions.

If I run WMGRPPOL cleanup action it will erase all of the settings
that
ZEN has.

But if I were to login again or even login locally it is setting all
of
the settings back.  Even if I don't have the ZEN client installed!

This makes we wonder if there is a local XP group policy stuck on that

has the old settings?  I can run MMC locally and edit the group policy

but that even reverts back upon login.

This is only for the USER based package - the workstation works fine.

Any ideas?

0
Karl
11/24/2003 6:08:03 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.management 2122 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Any ideas?

Karl, follow this TID:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10059171.htm

Skip 6.
Then reboot.

Regards
Rolf Lidvall
Swedish Radio (Ltd)

0
Rolf

Turbopower Async Pro is blocked by Policy Local Cmpuer Policy\Windws Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Right Assignment
If computers have set "Load and unload device drivers" in this key to Asministrators only, my program will not be able to connect an external device if I use tApdDataPacket for communication, but if I use tApdTerminal, everything works ok. Has anyone any idea what device drivers may be involved here when adding Users to the group, the program work properly ? Must be something that is loaded by the packet component? Is this driver something that could be preinstalled by installation program ? Onthe other hand, is it normal to do this restriction in policy? (the c...

XP Zen User Group Policy not the same as the local Group Policy
Trying to create an XP user policy but when I create it I only get the same options you get for 2K machines. When I look at the local policy via gpedit.msc I have many more options that those displaying through the zen policy, am I missing something? Running Zen 4.01. Thanks in advance ... Hazel Are you edit the policies from an XP machine? -- Jared L Jennings, CNE Novell Support Forums SysOp. http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_nntp.html Posting with XanaNews Reader 1.15.8.5 Geek by Nature, NetWare by Choice. > Actually, no, I do my admin from a ...

The Group Policy setting, prevents the MMC to configure the Group Policy.
Hi, I've the same problem/situation as described in TID 10088881, The Group Policy setting GROUP POLICY SNAPIN set to disable, prevents the MMC to configure the Group Policy. I didn't tried the fix (yet) mentioned because there also is a refence to new files which also fixes this situation. The files mentioned are WmPolicies.jar and WmApi.dll both files should be in the beta zfd401_ir4.exe but I can't find them in the interm release package of zfd4. Is there something I overlooked..?? -- Louis G�hl Ziekenhuis de Tjongerschans Heerenveen The Netherlands ...

What hosts is most like developing locally (IIS7, can use management studio, can use IIS manager) ?
Nothing worse than having to use some asp.net page to do queries. With IIS7 is there some hosting that makes me feel like i am developing on my local box and using the tools mentioned above?  http://punkouter.spaces.live.comhttp://simplecoder.net Take a look at Discountasp.net great company and no problems with remote access. Also seem to offer good deal wirh 3month or 6 month off, take a look at http://www.discountasp.net/signup/special/6f87s/ Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That...

How to force IE Home Page setting using group policies?
Hi, Is it possible to force IE Home Page settings using Group Policies? I can see that you can disable changing it but can you also specify the URL to set it to? I can find just about every other IE setting but not this one. Thanks, Tim. Tim O'Sullivan wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to force IE Home Page settings using Group Policies? I can > see that you can disable changing it but can you also specify the URL to set > it to? I can find just about every other IE setting but not this one. > > Thanks, > > Tim. > > I think...

What technique should i use when building apps that are managing local users and groups on servers.
I am going to write myself a windows service that needs to have control of local users, groups and membership on the local machine where the service is installed. I have been doing a lot of directory services programming (Active Directory) with LDAP provider before but i have no idea how to act against servers and local security issues on the machines. My question is:1. What is the best technique for managing local user and groups for a local application using C#. Can i use LDAP or should i use WinNT or something completely different. 2. What is the best te...

Group Policy Settings
Has anyone had trouble using the User/Workstation packages to push out Windows Group Policy's? We are running NW 5.1 SP6 with the 4.83 SP2 & 4.90 client. Zen 4 what patch level please? -- Shaun Pond Novell Support Connection SysOp This may be a stupid question, but I was trapped by this at first. Under ZEN4, there are new grades of computer types. If you are using ZEN4 clients, you need polices based on the WIN2K type, not the WIN2K/XP/??? type. Some polices such as NDPS printers work across the boundaries however. There are now Metaframe, ...

OU Group Policy over-riding User Group Policy
I'm using ZfD 4.01 ir7 and have a restrictive Group Policy applied at the OU level. I've created a less restrictive Group Policy and assigned it to a user within the above mentioned OU but the settings are not taking...the OU Group Policy is over-riding the user Group Policy. The appropriate rights have been assigned and this configuration is working for other users/OUs in the tree. I've run a dsrepair against this partition and no errors were reported. Any suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Ryan Paulr, It appears that in the past f...

How to use and set up Localized SiteMap ??
Dear all, I have a web site map file which is define as follow: <siteMapNode url="~/About.aspx" title="$resources:SiteMapLocalizations,AboutPageTitle" description="Pr‚sentation de solatys"/>.....  I have place under App_Global resource folder the corresponfing file named "SiteMapLocalization.resx" and "SiteMapLocalization.fr.resx"  When I run my web site, I get an error saying that ressource file name could not be found...Is there anythin else to do ? How the proper file will be selected ? serge_calderara@hotmail.com...

Using local groups with AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider
I'm having an issue using local groups with the AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider.If someone is a member of the well known account(Administrators, Users) then things work fine.  I would like to setup new groups at the server level and add the users to these groups to control security.  This works fine:         <asp:RoleGroup Roles="BUILTIN\Administrators">But if I try to use the following it fails:         <asp:RoleGroup Roles="BUILTIN\newgroup">I tried substituting BUILTIN with Local and local...

Group Policy settings at Logoff
I would like to apply an IE group policy setting at login and then remove it at logoff. Is there a way to do this using Zen 4 and Windows XP. I've tried it but it won't remove the setting at logoff and it is still applied if the user logs in workstation only. Thanks Waymi, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.co...

Group Policy and Proxy settings
I am using winXP Pro, client 4.90 sp1a Just out of curiosity. From ConsoleOne When I go to my student's user package, XP Group Policy, Edit Policies (I have a policy folder on my network that I edit for this), Windows Settings, Internet Explorer Maintenance, Connections, Proxy Settings, check Enable Proxy Settings, put in my proxy address and port 8080, Apply same to all addresses, then click Apply a strange thing happens. I am using my Admin workstation in my office. I do not go through the proxy with this machine. When I do the above steps the proxy settings ge...

AutoAdminLogon and ZENWorks Group Policies
I have some XP PCs that have a user profile that is an administrator but locked down in other ways through ZENworks group policies. It works just fine until I change the registries for the AutoAdminLogon process. Once the auto logon process works the user profile looses it's group policies and has access to everything on the PC. I have to change the registries back and re-register the PC into the ZEN database before it works again. Once I set the auto logon process up again the same issue happens. I can't figure out what is causing the policies not to work after the a...

Circumventing Group Policy Settings
followup to grc.techtalk Circumventing Group Policy Settings http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/04/circumventing-group-policy-settings.html ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Saturday, April 30, 2005 Circumventing Group Policy Settings Group policy settings are an integral part of any Windows-based IT environment. If you're a network administrator you use them to enforce corporate security and desktop management policy, and if you're a user you've almost certainly been fr...

Web resources about - Group Policy using local settings? - novell.zenworks.4x.management

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Campaign setting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A campaign setting is usually a fictional world which serves as a setting for a role-playing game or wargame campaign. A campaign is a series ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

Woolworths to tap Chinese consumer by setting up shop on Tmall
Woolworths is aiming to tap China's demand for Australian food and grocery products on China's largest online business-to-consumer market.

Setting Up TV Ads With Facebook Ads
How do consumers respond to television ads that they have already seen, either on Facebook or on TV? Facebook IQ commissioned a study by neuromarketing ...

Woolworths to tap Chinese consumer by setting up shop on Tmall
Woolworths is aiming to tap China's demand for Australian food and grocery products on China's largest online business-to-consumer market.

Here's all the dramatic video from last night's record-setting landing by SpaceX
SpaceX has set a record in the race to make commercial space flight a reality. Elon Musk and his company have successfully launched and landed ...

Amazon Celebrates a Record-Setting Holiday for Prime, Amazon Original Series and Amazon Devices
Amazon Celebrates a Record-Setting Holiday for Prime, Amazon Original Series and Amazon Devices&nbsp;

Man charged with setting Houston mosque afire says he was a devout attendee
Chron.com Man charged with setting Houston mosque afire says he was a devout attendee Chron.com A Houston man has been arrested in connection ...