ZFD4.01 Fresh Install

I have just setup a new Netware 6 sp3 server win Zfd4.01 with latest
sp.
Just wondering how are you suppose to add NDPS printers to the
workstation
policy? Zfd3.2 had that and client policy why did they take that away.
don't think people would like to be forced away from NDPS printing and
be
forced to use IPP. I don't have plans on using IPP in many of our
situations.

Thanks
Rej

0
rej
12/1/2003 3:21:37 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ZfD 4.0.1 doesn't ship with support for traditional NDPS printers. If
you
need to deploy them, you need to have ZfD 3.2 in your environment,
along
with the ZfD 3.2 ConsoleOne snap-ins and the Novell Client in place on

the desktop.

ZfD 4.0.1 has moved away from dependence on the Novell Client. NDPS
requires the Novell Client, iPrint doesn't. That is the main reason
that
ZfD 4.0.x only supports iPrint printer policies.

> I have just setup a new Netware 6 sp3 server win Zfd4.01 with latest

sp.
> Just wondering how are you suppose to add NDPS printers to the
workstation
> policy? Zfd3.2 had that and client policy why did they take that
away.
> don't think people would like to be forced away from NDPS printing
and
be
> forced to use IPP. I don't have plans on using IPP in many of our
> situations.
>
> Thanks
> Rej

0