Zenworks installation

I have looked at the zenworks installation help and it doesnt help me
install the zenworks. In the help file there is a server installation and
on my cd there is only a workstation installation. Could someone please
tell me how to install zenworks and give me a link on how to do it.

Adrian
0
adriand
4/21/2004 3:07:56 AM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

adriand@techie.com wrote:

> I have looked at the zenworks installation help and it doesnt help me
> install the zenworks. In the help file there is a server installation
> and on my cd there is only a workstation installation. Could someone
> please tell me how to install zenworks and give me a link on how to
> do it.

Which installation help are you talking about?
The online help?

What is your environment like?
I would be more than glad to help walk you through it.

--
Jared L Jennings
Novell Support Forums SysOp

--

Shaun Pond
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Shaun

To install or not to install?

Installing ZenWorks
Our organization is thinking about using Zenworks for remote management and managing desktops. I was wondering if I would be required to install a new server into the tree in order to get Zenworks to work. I currently have two servers in the tree, and they act as file and print servers. One of the servers also has the Enterprise Webserver, FTP, Macafee,and Arcserve running on it, and the other server has Macafee, and Wincati running on it. We are probably going to upgrade to Netware 6 and then install Zenworks. Any information would be greatly appreciated. mpaschke@mail...

install zenworks
Hi, friends. I need to install zenworks on an novel 4.11 sp9, :(. I know i must upgrade. What are the basics test i must do before install? I know the tcpip nlm must be loaded on the server, i did it, assing an ip, and ping it, everything fine. Any other test or thing i must have before the installation??? Thanks all. Regards -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Leonardo Bidi wrote: > > Hi, friends. > I need to install zenworks on an novel 4.11 sp9, :(. I know i must upgrade. > What are the basics test i must...

Is it safe to install ZfD 4.x IR5 if ZENWorks 6.5 is installed?
We have ZENWorks 6.5 in our tree, but due to some issues with the ZENWorks 6.5 initial agent release (e.g. memory leaks), we are holding off on deploying the agents until the next ZEN 6.5 update is released. For the time-being, we are using ZEN 4.x Agents. I believe our last ZEN 4.x server-side update was IR4. If we want to begin using the ZEN 4 IR5 agent, do we need to do any server-side upgrades as well? Will this blow up anything if we have ZEN 6.5 installed? Anyone know when the update for ZENWorks 6.5 will be out of beta? On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:28:34 GMT, Jeremy Mlaz...

zenworks failed installation
I am trying to install Zenworks for desktops 4 from our server to a local machine. Just after the Windows installer says it is preparing to install, I get a message that says: " Installation cannot proceed: Please install the following software: MS WIn98se, IE Explorer 5.5 or later". I already have both on my system, in fact, I just reformatted the hard drive and it still does the same thing. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what I can do? Thanks Eddie Laws Yancey COunty Schools what versions of IE do you have? You need 5.5 sp2 or later. Also what version o...

msi install with zenworks
I am creating an app object to do an client update install of GW7.01. There seems to be quite a few problems with the msi based install when I read through the kb on the subject. Some of the problems I have seen so far are not installing for all users, install error 1603, Sendto not working. It isn't clear if all of these problems have been put to rest with 7.01 or 7.02. Does anyone know where I can find an answer on which problems still exist and what version they are gone in? Thanks Probably best asked in the ZEN forums. -- Timothy Leerhoff Novell Support Foru...

Zenworks agent install
Is there a way to install the zenworks agent onto multiple desktops that dont have it already installed? and set all the options and settings? cheers in advance troy Sure, do you want to do it via login script or NAL? http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10085696.htm http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10082208.htm If these TIDs don't help or you have other questions, please ask. -- Jared L Jennings Novell Support Forums SysOp Systems Engineer for Data Technique, INC. ICQ# 27902780 Using XanaNews 1.16.3.1 I tried the login sc...

Installing Client with ZENworks
I am trying to install the GroupWise 7 client (not SP1) using the MSI and ZENworks. I have created the MST file and that all works. When GW installs, it does not set the e-mail icon in the XP Start Menu. If I install it via a command line (using the MST), it sets it just fine. Got any ideas? Pat. --____HKKDWGOCDTJTZXOOIOWV____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 22 Feb 2006 08:01:56 -0700" A few questions: Do any of the icons appear? Does it work if...

MSI install for Zenworks
I have a question regarding the setup of a nal application for the .MSI file for zenworks? I have setup the application object but I would like to install additional features like remote management and inventory, and I found a tid (# 2966875) regarding this however it still doesn't install additonal features, it keeps the orginal install, is there anything else that I need to setup for that? I have manually installed it on some computers but I would like to roll it out to the rest of the company. Thank you for any help that you can offer, DS DANIEL SCHALDENBRAND, > I have manu...

Documentation for installing through Zenworks
--____HEWXOMXDOLVQLADUXYQA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are there any walk-through type documents for pushing Groupwise 7 client = with Zen? I saw one for Zen 6.5 but we are still running 4. --____HEWXOMXDOLVQLADUXYQA____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____PNQBDLLHHEUAXEFPVJSG____" --____PNQBDLLHHEUAXEFPVJSG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html;...

Installing Zenworks #2
--____FNHYSGYYCHXWHFUNDCON____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to install Zen4 on a server. It says it installs successfully = but i get the following on the workstation import and removal windows. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/novell/appli= cation/zenworks/autowsmanagement/wsremoval/RemoveWorkstations all the same for import window except the last two are wsimport/ImportWorks= tations..... What is going on? Thanks Aron Hardie Great Western Services Net ...

Zenworks 7 install on OES
Hi, anyone here had experience of installing Zenworks 7 for desktop management? I would be interested to read your experiences and recommended setups. I have a test OES box and am planning on installing Zen 7. However, going through the documentation here - http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks7/pdfdoc/lm7install/lm7install.pdf There is a mention of having a primary and secondary Zen 7 servers. My question is, can I install Zen 7 on a standard oes box which also runs iiPrint, SLES9 dhcp/dns and network file access? At most around 600 users will be connected to the serve...

dns not loading after zenworks install
I recently installed Zenworks 10 on the same SLES OES 2 sp3 machine. now my dns wont start. When I try to start it, it says micasad not loaded. When I try to start micasad it appears to start but when I refresh it is is stopped with error code 3. the novell-named service for my dns does the same thing. I read one post where the zenworks mono install broke this but I cant find the resolve?? -- gator17 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gator17, TID 7003707 "ZCM 10.2 Upgrades System Mono which may affect other components on a S...

Web resources about - Zenworks installation - novell.zenworks.4x.install

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...