Zenworks 4 agent Install

Hello I've been reading through the upgrade guide fot upgrading from
Zen 3.2
to Zen 4, one fo the steps before installing Zenworks 4 is to install
the
Agent on the Client Machines. I've installed this on a test machine
and now
when I try and log in i get a second login box. I read that in theory
the
agent should look to see if there are any zen 4 policies and if not it

should use the Zen 3 policy but it looks as if it is not doing so.

Anyone got any ideas.

If this is the wrong forum I apologize is advance

Paul

0
Paul
9/15/2003 11:23:35 AM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Paul,

the zen4 and zen3 policies are the same to some extent - if you've
installed the agent, it should just work, in backwards compatibility
mode

--

Shaun Pond
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Shaun
9/15/2003 12:36:34 PM
yeh thats what I thought, but its not at the minute. I've unistalled
the
agent then the client and then put it all back to no avail.

Paul
"Shaun Pond" <shaun@sysop.nsc> wrote in message
> Paul,
>
> the zen4 and zen3 policies are the same to some extent - if you've
> installed the agent, it should just work, in backwards compatibility

> mode
>
> --
>
> Shaun Pond
> Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Paul
9/15/2003 1:23:58 PM
Paul,

see http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/tidfinder.cgi?10068910 to

enable logging for the registration process

--

Shaun Pond
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Shaun
9/15/2003 1:51:45 PM
The registration happens during the logon process if I remember
rightly, I'm
not even getting that far
> Paul,
>
> see http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/tidfinder.cgi?10068910
> enable logging for the registration process
>
> --
>
> Shaun Pond
> Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Paul
9/15/2003 2:49:47 PM
Paul,

registration takes place at system startup, *and* at login. This
process also shows us what DS object it thinks it's using.