Upgrade from Zenwork 2 to Zenworks 4

Hi,

I have a server running Zenworks 2 and Netware 6.0 SP5.

I'm trying to update from Zenwork 2 to Zenworks 4.

I checked all the Novell documentation on how to do this and everything
is ok for the upgrade to take place such as the correct version of
Netware, E-Directory etc.. as well as the workstation (I'm using Windows
XP Pro with Novell Client 4.91 SP2) that I'm installing Zenworks from is
OK as well.

I ran a DSREPAIR with no problems and the Time Synchronization is fine as
well.  I'm able to ping other servers in the tree as well with no
problems.

I'm logged in as Admin at the Root of the tree in order to extend the
schema.  All drives as well are mapped correctly and I see the sys volume
(F: drive) for this server as well in Windows Explorer.

When I click on the Orginal Zenworks 4 CD to upgrade from Zenwork 2 to
Zenworks 4 I run the winsetup.exe file, I then choose English, choose new
installation, choose Install ZFD Server, I accept the licensing agreement
and it brings me to "Select the tree where the installation will create
Zenworks for Desktops directory objects."  Extend schema is checked as
well.

When I click on the browse button to find the tree where this server
resides in it says please wait, but nothing else happens, it just hangs
there.

I've done this upgrade before with no problems.

In Windows explorer I can browse to the other servers in the tree as well
with no problems.

Has anyone seen this problem and is there a solution to do the upgrade
from Zenwork 2 to Zenworks 4?

As mentioned above i followed the Novell documentation to do the upgrade
from Zenwork 2 to Zenworks 4 to no avail.

Thanks!
0
bpilon
8/16/2006 8:20:34 PM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

,
> Has anyone seen this problem and is there a solution to do the upgrade
> from Zenwork 2 to Zenworks 4?

Can you try the 4.01 CD? Try another PC? Sounds more like an install
issue, unrelated to ZFD2.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
8/17/2006 9:47:16 AM
Hey Anders,

Thanks for the reply.

You were correct, it was an installation issue.  The problem was with the
CD I was using.  When I got another copy of the Zenworks 4 Original CD
the install worked perfect!

Even though as simple as trying a new CD might of corrected my problem, I
would never of thought of it without your assistance.

Thanks again!

> ,
> > Has anyone seen this problem and is there a solution to do the
upgrade
> > from Zenwork 2 to Zenworks 4?
> >
> Can you try the 4.01 CD? Try another PC? Sounds more like an install
> issue, unrelated to ZFD2.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
bpilon

Zenworks 3.2 to Zenworks 4 upgrade and coexsistence
Hello, I will be upgrading to zenworks 4 form version 3.2. My purpose is to use the updated remote control. At this time we are only using the application launcher, is there any insight on setting up the automatic workstation import? wgn@georgetown.edu William, you've seen the upgrade/coexistence guide at the doc site? http://www.novell.com/documentation/lg/zdpr/ The Zfd4 server will accept import requests from both 3.2 and 4.x machines. 3.2 server will only understand 3.2 workstation, unless you add a parameter to the workstation to tell it to use version 3 i...

Graceful upgrade from Zenworks 2 to Zenworks 4.0.1?
As part of our migration from Windows 98(SE) to Windows XP, we're preparing to upgrade from Zen 2 to Zen 4.0.1 (yes, life is good at the trailing edge of technology!) All servers are NetWare 5.1 SP7 w/eDirectory 8.7.3 (plus one 6.5 SP2). All workstations are Windows 98(SE) - with a couple exceptions (Win NT) Schema has been extended. So were poised to begin upgrading ZenWorks. Is it possible, post upgrade to Zen 4.0.1, to continue "as-is" with our Windows 98 clients launching Zen 2's "NAL.EXE" from the login script (NT workstations likewise laun...

Zenworks 4 and Zenworks 2 policies co-exist
Hi, We just upgraded our zenworks fron Zenowrks 2 to Zenworks 4 at the High School where we work. Our netware server is Netware 6 SP4. We've updated our novell client as well as the management agent to meet zenworks 4 specifications. We currently have Zenworks 2 policies and Zenowrks 4 policies co-exisiting in our e-directory tree. We want to migrate all the Zen 2 polcies (legacy policies) so that there's just Zen 4 policies in the tree. I've read about migrating from zen 2 policies to zen 4 policies using Console One and using the migrate old legacy polcies...

Zenworks 3 and Zenworks 4
Is there any documentation on running Zenworks 3 and Zenworks 4 in together? I am having a hard time locating any. , > Is there any documentation on running Zenworks 3 and Zenworks 4 in > together? I am having a hard time locating any. > http://www.novell.com/documentation/zdpr/index.html See: "ZfD 3.x and ZfD 4.x Coexistence" - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at http://support.nove...

Hello, We are currently running the Agent version: Client Agent: 6.4.2.253 Detection Agent: 6.4.2.253 Patch Management Server: 6.4.2.1378 Control Panel: 6.4.2.253 Notification Manager: 6.4.2.252 If i deploy the new patch: "C - ZENworks Patch Management Agent Upgrade for Windows from 6.0 or higher to 6.4.2.378" it is installed fine (status: green), but after a reboot of this workstation the Client Agent is not changed and still 6.4.2.253. I checked GravitixService.exe and DAgent.exe, and these versions are still 6.4.2.253. So why is...

Zenworks 4.01 install with Zen 3.2 simultaneously?
I have read the docs and I think the following should be okay, please comment. I have Nw6+SP2 servers and Nw6+SP1 servers. I am not able to update all servers to SP2 yet but would like to update Zenworks 3.2 to 4.01. Since I have 3.2 running fine as is everywhere I do not use the database component just workstation reg, NAL apps and policies. The Workstation REGistration java component is already on a SP2 server. Can I install Zen 4.01 desktop support on all servers, I think I would only be updating files in sys:\public\* except for the server doing the registration of worksta...

Installing Zenworks #2
--____FNHYSGYYCHXWHFUNDCON____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to install Zen4 on a server. It says it installs successfully = but i get the following on the workstation import and removal windows. Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/novell/appli= cation/zenworks/autowsmanagement/wsremoval/RemoveWorkstations all the same for import window except the last two are wsimport/ImportWorks= tations..... What is going on? Thanks Aron Hardie Great Western Services Net ...

Downgrade Zenworks 10.3.3 to Zenworks 10.3.2
Hi all..i got a request from customer to do downgrade Zenwork Agent from 10.3.3 to 10.3.2.. In before, we are using 10.3.2 and then, after download 10.3.3, the mark item in "System Update" move to 10.3.3.. And the status of 10.3.2 has been "Superceded"..while the status for 10.3.3 is "downloaded". Right now, all workstation and satellite server still using 10.3.2, and use change their mind to use back 10.3.2...even i suggest to upgrade all device with the latest version, but user still dont want it.. They ask me to use 10.3.2 back.. If i delete 10.3.3 ve...

Update 4 for Zenworks 6.4 sp2 no installing
Hi all, I'm having trouble loading Update 4 to our Zenworks Patch Management 6.4 Service Pack 2 When i try to install Update 4 its coming up with a incompatibility error i have copied the contents of the log from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Novell\Logs\Novell ZENworks Patch Management Server 6.4 SP2 Update 4 2011/07/07 ; 12:50:53 ; Method: Log Initializing ; Message: --------------------Starting Application-------------------- ; Return Code: 1 2011/07/07 ; 12:50:53 ; Method: Initialize ; Message: Starting Installer ; Return Code: 1 2011/07/07 ; 12:50:53 ; Method: Up...

Problems after installing ZENworks 4
Hi! We have installed ZENworks 4.0.1 in a NetWare 5.1 Net with Service Pack 5 and eDirectory 8.5 (85.12a). After installation of the schema the old policies did not work anymore. We can administer them with NWAdmin but if the "Dynamic Local User" policy is no longer active. User have to use a local username and password. There are right now no ZENworks 4 Policies that we created. As we know, we can use the old policies but cant administer them with ConsoleOne. What is wrong? Thank you for Information! Ralf Ralf, have you checked if the policy is...

Zenworks 4 agent Install
Hello I've been reading through the upgrade guide fot upgrading from Zen 3.2 to Zen 4, one fo the steps before installing Zenworks 4 is to install the Agent on the Client Machines. I've installed this on a test machine and now when I try and log in i get a second login box. I read that in theory the agent should look to see if there are any zen 4 policies and if not it should use the Zen 3 policy but it looks as if it is not doing so. Anyone got any ideas. If this is the wrong forum I apologize is advance Paul Paul, the zen4 and zen3 policies are th...

Zenworks 4.01 installation
I have a netware 6.0 SP3 running stand-alone running Zenworks 3.2 for desktop. I basically use Zen for dynamic login, inventory databases and remote control. I plan to rebuild this server and install Netware 6.5 SPx and then install zenworks for desktop 4.01. I want to do this without affecting my current Zen functions. One thought that has crossed my mind is to setup a temporary Netware 6.5 server, install zenwork 4.01 for desktop and then bring down the zen 3.2 server for upgrade. My question is, can 2 stand-alone servers, one netware 6.0 runinng zen 3.2 for desktop and the o...

Is it safe to install ZfD 4.x IR5 if ZENWorks 6.5 is installed?
We have ZENWorks 6.5 in our tree, but due to some issues with the ZENWorks 6.5 initial agent release (e.g. memory leaks), we are holding off on deploying the agents until the next ZEN 6.5 update is released. For the time-being, we are using ZEN 4.x Agents. I believe our last ZEN 4.x server-side update was IR4. If we want to begin using the ZEN 4 IR5 agent, do we need to do any server-side upgrades as well? Will this blow up anything if we have ZEN 6.5 installed? Anyone know when the update for ZENWorks 6.5 will be out of beta? On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:28:34 GMT, Jeremy Mlaz...

Zenworks 7 to Zenworks 10.0.3
Has anyone had any problems updating to 10.0.3 from version 7. Also do I need to remove version 7 before installing version 10.0.3. -- forthehorde ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ZCM 10.0.3 is in essence a totally new product. It should be viewed is more of a Migration to a New Product than an Upgrade of an old Product. ZCM 10 and ZDM7 can both reside on the same NetWork, but the Agents cannot be installed on the same PC. When you install the ZCM10 agent on a PC, it will remove the ZDM7 Agent. ZCM10 when first released had m...

Web resources about - Upgrade from Zenwork 2 to Zenworks 4 - novell.zenworks.4x.install

Novell goes large for ZENworks update
Novell has expanded the scope of its Novell ZENWorks IT management suite so that it can watch over 100,000 devices or more with a single server. ...

Novell ZenWorks Mobile Management Aims at BYOD Businesses
... rise of bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives challenges IT management capabilities in businesses of all sizes, Novell is debuting its ZenWorks ...

Information leak in ZENworks Asset Management disclosed
The Metasploit developers have published an information disclosure vulnerability in Novell ZENworks Asset Management that allows remote attackers ...

Novell ZENworks hands in a solid client management performance
Novell's ZENworks 10 Configuration Management is a solid, mature desktop manager with several useful features, including asset inventory, license ...

Novell goes large for ZENworks update
Novell has expanded the scope of its Novell ZENWorks IT management suite so that it can watch over 100,000 devices or more with a single server. ...

Edit Overview - Novell - CrunchBase Company Profile
Please provide a descriptive, neutral, third-person overview of this company. Avoid marketing language. Start with one sentence that best describes ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... The Attachmate Group . It specializes in network operating systems, such as Novell NetWare ; systems management solutions, such as Novell ZENworks ...

Location security, app bundling helping St John of God manage mobility
With the 2015 completion of its $430m Midland Public and Private Hospitals on the horizon, Perth-based St John of God Health Care is repackaging ...

1E-Market leader in IT efficiency - UserDetails
Edit Profile Change Password Logout Log in / Register Partners Support Contact support Community forums FAQ Product documentation Request a trial ...

Application Packager
Application Packager job in Chicago, Illinois, US. Read the Application Packager job description and find other Sargent and Lundy jobs at Monster. ...