Install ZFD4 on NetWare 6.5

Hello,

For my client,
I need to install ZFD 4 from ZenWorks 6 package to news NetWare 6.5
servers
in full TCP/IP.

1/ First question:
Does ZFD4.0 is supported on NetWare6.5 ?

2/Second question:
 We have severals Windows 95 PCs.
Can we manage and use policy for W95 with ZFD4 ?

If not, can we obtain for free and install ZFD3.2 on NetWare 6.5 and
upgrade
to ZFD4 ?

Thanks for help,
Michel.

0
Michel
12/3/2003 10:57:58 AM
novell.zenworks.4x.install 2374 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Michel,

> 1/ First question:
> Does ZFD4.0 is supported on NetWare6.5 ?

I'd firstly recommend that you upgrade to ZfD4.0.1 - if you have
upgrade
protection it's completely free, otherwise you just need to buy the
media.
This has the absolutely essential zfd4sp1b already included, as well
as extra
features like deframe, and the ability to install on a cluster.
Once you've got that, you need software to make zfd4.x work on NW6.5 -
see
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2966707.htm

> 2/Second question:
>  We have severals Windows 95 PCs.
> Can we manage and use policy for W95 with ZFD4 ?

No - you cannot even install the ZfD4 management agent in W95 without
a great
deal of work to fool this install program.

> If not, can we obtain for free and install ZFD3.2 on NetWare 6.5 and
upgrade
> to ZFD4 ?

You will need to check this with your Novell account manager, but I
believe
you can. You will also need to wait for Zfd32sp3 for support of zfd3.2
on
Netware 6.5 - it's out in beta now, but January is when it should be
released.

--

Shaun Pond
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Shaun
12/3/2003 12:50:41 PM
Thanks you very much Shaun,

I know now what I need !

"Shaun Pond" <shaun@sysop.nsc> a �crit dans le message de
> Michel,
>
> > 1/ First question:
> > Does ZFD4.0 is supported on NetWare6.5 ?
> >
> I'd firstly recommend that you upgrade to ZfD4.0.1 - if you have
upgrade
> protection it's completely free, otherwise you just need to buy the
media.
> This has the absolutely essential zfd4sp1b already included, as well
as
extra
> features like deframe, and the ability to install on a cluster.
> Once you've got that, you need software to make zfd4.x work on NW6.5
- see
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2966707.htm
>
> > 2/Second question:
> >  We have severals Windows 95 PCs.
> > Can we manage and use policy for W95 with ZFD4 ?
> >
> No - you cannot even install the ZfD4 management agent in W95
without a
great
> deal of work to fool this install program.
>
> > If not, can we obtain for free and install ZFD3.2 on NetWare 6.5
and
upgrade
> > to ZFD4 ?
> >
> You will need to check this with your Novell account manager, but I
believe
> you can. You will also need to wait for Zfd32sp3 for support of
zfd3.2 on
> Netware 6.5 - it's out in beta now, but January is when it should be

released.

> --
>
> Shaun Pond
> Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Michel
12/3/2003 1:05:27 PM
Michel,

you're welcome

--

Shaun Pond
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Shaun

Install Freezes on Netware 6.5 Installation on Language Page
I am installing Netware 6.5 on an IBM Netvista 8314 workstation with 760 Meg of Ram. I am using the eval CD. Boot from CD and proceed to the Language Selection page. Cursors rests on Select this line to install on English (default). I can not press enter or select another language, the screen in frozen. I've only had this problem on this PC, does anyone have any suggestions ? Thanks, Rick If you are using a USB keyboard/mouse, start over and try the install with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse instead. If that's what the problem is, it should be resolved in newer su...

installing netware 6.5 servers into a exisiting netware 5 tree.
Currently have Netware 5.0 Servers sp4 and some sp5 We intend to install two new cluster servers running the latest version so would like to install two 6.5 Netware Servers which includes a 2 node cluster. Is it possible to install netware 6.5 into my existing Netware 5.0 network. Also we currently are running a 2 node cluster on netware 5 running the first ver of cluster servers 1.0. We found that this version wouldnt support our subnet mask of 255.255.240.0 but only the default one 255.255.255.0. Can the new version of cluster services support 255.255.240.0 Regards. &g...

Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Thank you! Mark, > Hi, Does anyone know of any preresequites or concerns of adding new > NetWare 6.5 servers into a tree which only contains two NetWare 6.0 > servers? The NetWare 6.5 servers will be clustered. Run the NWDeploy.exe from the OS CD, run the Extend schema and prepare network options. On Feb 1, 6:09 pm, Hamish <ham...@haitch.net> wrote: > Mark, > &...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Installing first Netware 6.5 server into an all Netware 6 Tree
Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write replice into an all Netware 6 tree. Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is there a edirectory version? any documents on this? > Is there a problem if I install a Netware 6.5 server as a Read/Write > replice into an all Netware 6 tree. > > Will there be any problems installing since it won't be a master. Is > there a edirectory version? any documents on this? Read/write replica of the root partition, or read/write of some other partition? ...

installing netware 6.5 cluster into exisiting netware 5 tree.

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers into a existing Netware 5 environment
We currently have a Netware 5 environment using sp4/sp5 We also have the original cluster services 1.01 running under netware 5. We intend to install a new SAN which will be clustered using 2 new Netware 6.5 Servers. What is the best approach to installing Netware 6.5 in our current environment, should I install the new Netware 6.5 Servers into a new tree, but then how will they communicate with the exisiting Netware 5 Servers. Can I install the Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting 5 environment and then in the future upgrade the current 5 Servers. Thankyou and best regards ...

Install Netware 6.5 in current Netware 6 for DirXML use?
I would like to install Netware 6.5 in our current NW6.0 environemnt for using the Dirxml starter pack. Any issues such as I have only SP2 on all servers can not go to SP3 at the moment. I know DirxML will require a replica of DirxMl accounts needed so can the two versions of Directory servcies co-exists alright? I would lik eto know if I can simply insert the new NW6.5 into our current tree with out changes to the current NW6 + SP2 environment? Thanks Bradley Bowness, Although SP is recommended, there shouldn't be any compatibility problems. Just be sure to r...

Installing 6.5 into Netware 5 sp 5 tree
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C713A9.D79D00A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Trying to install Netware 6.5 SP3 OES into an existing Netware 5 Tree. = DS is up to version 7.62c on all existing NW5 servers (Three of them). = Service pack level is NW5SP5 on all existing servers. This is the = first 6.5 server to go in. Ran deployment manager before install and it = still hangs in the same spot. The server object installs into the tree = and that is it. If I go into NW...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

Web resources about - Install ZFD4 on NetWare 6.5 - novell.zenworks.4x.install

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

Adware uses Android's accessibility features to install malware
There’s an adware out there which uses features for the visually impaired to install malicious apps on an Android-powered device. The worst part ...

Don't want to install that smartphone app? With Google, you may not have to
The search giant is experimenting with tech that lets you use apps without downloading them. It's part of Google's plan to keep its crown when ...

Dell installs self-signed root certificate on laptops, endangers users' privacy
... users and security experts on Twitter and blogs. The root certificate, which has the power of a certificate authority on the laptops it's installed ...