Guru's..?? Any do's and/or dont's for Zfd4 and Citrix..?

We've got a nw6/sp5 network with GW 6.5, bm3.7 and zfd 4.01
up'n'running..
Now we're adding a citrix server ( win2003) to the mix,
will supply a couple off app's to users over the internal VPN in
another city.
Probably we'll skip the AD phase since we can not see any app and/or
user with the need for AD.
So,, any special considorations..? tip's'tricks..? known issues...?

t.i.a...

0
Emerson
8/16/2004 3:57:10 PM
📁 novell.zenworks.4x.install
📃 2374 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 7 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1570 Views


On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:57:10 GMT, Emerson wrote:
> So,, any special considorations..? tip's'tricks..? known issues...?
biggest one... zfd4.x doesn't support 2003, only zdm 6.5 does..
-- 
Marcus Breiden
Please change -- to - to mail me.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.edu-magic.net
0
Marcus
8/17/2004 1:28:55 PM
Well,, that "could" be considered an obstacle ...couldn't it..??
And I allready bought the damn w2k003 license's...
I guess we go ahead and instead just supply a couple off "apps"
through citrix with the NW client and skip the integration with Zen
for now...

Thanks 4 the clear answer...
CU,


On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:28:55 GMT, Marcus Breiden
<zenworks@edu--magic.net> wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:57:10 GMT, Emerson wrote:
>
>> So,, any special considorations..? tip's'tricks..? known issues...?
>
>biggest one... zfd4.x doesn't support 2003, only zdm 6.5 does..
0
Emerson
8/17/2004 2:53:33 PM
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:53:33 GMT, Emerson wrote:
> Well,, that "could" be considered an obstacle ...couldn't it..??
> And I allready bought the damn w2k003 license's...
yep.. but I did tell you, right ;-)
-- 
Marcus Breiden
Please change -- to - to mail me.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.edu-magic.net
0
Marcus
8/17/2004 3:36:51 PM
Yeah,, Problem is, I asked the question after everything was purchased
that's life in a nut shell..

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:36:51 GMT, Marcus Breiden
<zenworks@edu--magic.net> wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:53:33 GMT, Emerson wrote:
>
>> Well,, that "could" be considered an obstacle ...couldn't it..??
>> And I allready bought the damn w2k003 license's...
>
>yep.. but I did tell you, right ;-)
0
Emerson
8/17/2004 4:19:20 PM
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:19:20 GMT, Emerson wrote:
> that's life in a nut shell..
I know... I tend to start reading the doc's now if possible before I buy
something..... could have saved me 300� last time...
-- 
Marcus Breiden
Please change -- to - to mail me.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.edu-magic.net
0
Marcus
8/18/2004 1:00:30 PM
But,, it's not the same "sport" then,,, that's cheating,,,
I love the fealing when an installation just "works", that happens
once in a while,, and if I checked first,, then the suspence and
surprice wouldnt be as great....
But,, yeah,, could save some money though...

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:00:30 GMT, Marcus Breiden
<zenworks@edu--magic.net> wrote:
>On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:19:20 GMT, Emerson wrote:
>
>> that's life in a nut shell..
>
>I know... I tend to start reading the doc's now if possible before I buy
>something..... could have saved me 300� last time...
0
Emerson
8/18/2004 2:13:48 PM
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:13:48 GMT, Emerson wrote:
> But,, it's not the same "sport" then,,, that's cheating,,,
;-) agree...
-- 
Marcus Breiden
Please change -- to - to mail me.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.edu-magic.net
0
Marcus
8/18/2004 3:08:58 PM
Reply: