ZCM 10.2.2 to 10.3 update questions

Got a few questions about updating 10.2.2 to 10.3 that are not answered by =
the docs, in fact they were raised by them. Maybe someone has a better =
understanding of the matter than me:

1. =
http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_upgrade/data/bnwwntm.html =
states: "IMPORTANT:Before applying version 10.3, it is recommended to =
remove the earlier updates for ZENworks 10 Configuration Management from =
ZENworks Control Center." Which earlier updates are meant? Should we =
revert from 10.2.2 to 10.2.0 before upgrading to 10.3? Or just delete the =
packages in ZCC so they cannot be deployed to managed devices anymore?

2. =
http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_installation/data/b8belrt.h=
tml says: "The server must resolve device hostnames by using properly =
configured DNS, otherwise some features in ZENworks will not work =
properly." I read this as "managed device names must be registered in DNS =
and be resolvable". Well, we currently only register servers and services =
in DNS, not end devices :-(
Unfortunately I cannot find any detailed information about which features =
will not work properly, let alone what "properly" is meant to be. Is it =
only cosmetic or does it affect base funktionality? Are there workarounds =
or not?

Any comment welcome, thanks,

Lothar
0
Lothar
3/31/2010 7:49:41 AM
novell.zenworks.10.install 2954 articles. 0 followers. Follow

32 Replies
909 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 36
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

lhaeger;1955443 Wrote: 
> Got a few questions about updating 10.2.2 to 10.3 that are not answered
> by the docs, in fact they were raised by them. Maybe someone has a
> better understanding of the matter than me:
> 
> 1. 'Novell Doc: ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Upgrade Guide -
> Upgrading to ZENworks Configuration Management 10.3'
> (http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_upgrade/data/bnwwntm.html)
> states: "IMPORTANT:Before applying version 10.3, it is recommended to
> remove the earlier updates for ZENworks 10 Configuration Management from
> ZENworks Control Center." Which earlier updates are meant? Should we
> revert from 10.2.2 to 10.2.0 before upgrading to 10.3? Or just delete
> the packages in ZCC so they cannot be deployed to managed devices
> anymore?
> 
> 2. 'Novell Doc: ZENworks 10 Configuration Management Installation Guide
> - Primary Server Requirements'
> (http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_installation/data/b8belrt.html)
> says: "The server must resolve device hostnames by using properly
> configured DNS, otherwise some features in ZENworks will not work
> properly." I read this as "managed device names must be registered in
> DNS and be resolvable". Well, we currently only register servers and
> services in DNS, not end devices :-(
> Unfortunately I cannot find any detailed information about which
> features will not work properly, let alone what "properly" is meant to
> be. Is it only cosmetic or does it affect base funktionality? Are there
> workarounds or not?
> 
> Any comment welcome, thanks,
> 
> Lothar

1. In ZCC->Configuration->System updates. Mark all ZCM updates (not
PRU): These are available for me:

Support Pack 2 for ZCM (10.2)
Update for ZCM (10.1.1)
Update for ZCM (10.1.2a)
Update for ZCM (10.1.3)

Then click Actions->Delete update

2. The only feature that I know of that will not work if you don't
register device into dns is remote control by hostname.

Thomas


-- 
http://thsundel.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
thsundel
3/31/2010 8:06:03 AM
thsundel;1955447 Wrote: 
> 1. In ZCC->Configuration->System updates. Mark all ZCM updates (not
> PRU): These are available for me:
> 
> Support Pack 2 for ZCM (10.2)
> Update for ZCM (10.1.1)
> Update for ZCM (10.1.2a)
> Update for ZCM (10.1.3)
> 
> Then click Actions->Delete update
> 
> 2. The only feature that I know of that will not work if you don't
> register device into dns is remote control by hostname.
> 
> Thomas

And also make sure that all clients and servers are running version
10.2 or later.

Thomas


-- 
http://thsundel.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
thsundel
3/31/2010 8:16:02 AM
Lothar,

> 1.
> http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_upgrade/data/bnwwntm.html
> states: "IMPORTANT:Before applying version 10.3, it is recommended
> to remove the earlier updates for ZENworks 10 Configuration
> Management from ZENworks Control Center." Which earlier updates are
> meant? Should we revert from 10.2.2 to 10.2.0 before upgrading to
> 10.3? Or just delete the packages in ZCC so they cannot be deployed
> to managed devices anymore?
> 
Which ever updates you no longer require!

> 2.
> http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_installation/data/b8belrt.html
> says: "The server must resolve device hostnames by using properly
> configured DNS, otherwise some features in ZENworks will not work
> properly." I read this as "managed device names must be registered
> in DNS and be resolvable". Well, we currently only register servers
> and services in DNS, not end devices :-(
> Unfortunately I cannot find any detailed information about which
> features will not work properly, let alone what "properly" is meant
> to be. Is it only cosmetic or does it affect base funktionality? Are
> there workarounds or not?
>
Remote control by device name, for a start...

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
3/31/2010 8:27:43 AM
-------------- Shaun Pond wrote:

Thanks Shaun and Thomas,

> > 1.
> > =
http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_upgrade/data/bnwwntm.html
> > states: "IMPORTANT:Before applying version 10.3, it is recommended
> > to remove the earlier updates for ZENworks 10 Configuration
> > Management from ZENworks Control Center." Which earlier updates are
> > meant? Should we revert from 10.2.2 to 10.2.0 before upgrading to
> > 10.3? Or just delete the packages in ZCC so they cannot be deployed
> > to managed devices anymore?
> > 
> Which ever updates you no longer require!

So that means everything except the lastest PRU, I guess. Would ZCM apply =
all earlier updates to devices first before finally installing 10.3 if I =
left them in ZCC? What's the reason for the "IMPORTANT" emphasis in the =
doc?
> 
> > 2.
> > =
http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_installation/data/b8belrt.h=
tml
> > says: "The server must resolve device hostnames by using properly
> > configured DNS, otherwise some features in ZENworks will not work
> > properly." I read this as "managed device names must be registered
> > in DNS and be resolvable". Well, we currently only register servers
> > and services in DNS, not end devices :-(
> > Unfortunately I cannot find any detailed information about which
> > features will not work properly, let alone what "properly" is meant
> > to be. Is it only cosmetic or does it affect base funktionality? Are
> > there workarounds or not?
> > 
> Remote control by device name

Since the IP is also listed in the dropdown box, a workaround exists, =
which is good. Is there any way to make RC by IP the default, instead of =
requiring manual selection? 

> for a start...

Anything else, someone?

Cheers, Lothar
0
Lothar
3/31/2010 8:42:38 AM
> 
> So that means everything except the lastest PRU, I guess. Would ZCM
> apply all earlier updates to devices first before finally installing
> 10.3 if I left them in ZCC? What's the reason for the "IMPORTANT"
> emphasis in the doc?
> 
If all workstations and servers are running 10.2 or later then you are
good to go. 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2 can be directly updated to 10.3, There
is no need to update 10.2->10.2.1->10.2.2 because 10.3 should include
all the "fixes/changes" from these versions.

> 
> Since the IP is also listed in the dropdown box, a workaround exists,
> which is good. Is there any way to make RC by IP the default, instead of
> requiring manual selection?
> 

No, but feel free to add an enhancement request as many others already
done: http://www.novell.com/rms

Thomas


-- 
http://thsundel.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
thsundel
3/31/2010 9:26:03 AM
Lothar,

> What's the reason for the "IMPORTANT" emphasis in the doc?
>
because I wanted you to read it carefully before doing anything :)

> Since the IP is also listed in the dropdown box, a workaround
> exists, which is good. Is there any way to make RC by IP the
> default, instead of requiring manual selection?
>
no, we have several RFEs in for this, though

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
3/31/2010 9:51:28 AM
-------------- Shaun Pond wrote:

> Lothar,
> 
> > What's the reason for the "IMPORTANT" emphasis in the doc?
> > 
> because I wanted you to read it carefully before doing anything :)

ok, then let me rephrase: why do you want me to read it carefully? What =
could go wrong if I do read it carefully and miss to remove older updates =
before deploying 10.3?

> > Since the IP is also listed in the dropdown box, a workaround
> > exists, which is good. Is there any way to make RC by IP the
> > default, instead of requiring manual selection?
> > 
> no, we have several RFEs in for this, though

would it help to add another one to get this implemented in 10.4 or 11? Or =
is it already on the todo list for the next release?
0
Lothar
3/31/2010 10:07:02 AM
-------------- Lothar Haeger wrote:

> What could go wrong if I do read it carefully

meant to say: "I do NOT read it carefully..."

-- 

0
Lothar
3/31/2010 10:08:27 AM
thsundel;1955473 Wrote: 
> 
> No, but feel free to add an enhancement request as many others already
> done: http://www.novell.com/rms
> 
> Thomas

Done.  Tho I bet it'll be another "Duplicate(Under Consideration)" :-)

This was actually the number one complaint we had after training was
over... "It doesn't work for me!"


-- 
jcsmith1
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jcsmith1's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=27602
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
jcsmith1
3/31/2010 11:36:02 AM
On 3/31/2010 6:07 AM, Lothar Haeger wrote:
> -------------- Shaun Pond wrote:
>
>> Lothar,
>>
>>> What's the reason for the "IMPORTANT" emphasis in the doc?
>>>
>> because I wanted you to read it carefully before doing anything :)
>
> ok, then let me rephrase: why do you want me to read it carefully? What could go wrong if I do read it carefully and miss to remove older updates before deploying 10.3?

Then a Device who is not yet at 10.2.2 would then be updated to 10.2.2 
before 10.3.  This could cause the world to reverse the direction on 
which it is spinning on its axis and send ice cream flying off cones 
around the world.

On a Serious Note:  I would leave the 10.2.0 System update in place if 
you have any devices older than 10.2.0 still on the network that have 
not updated for some reason.  10.2.0 is a required stopover for any 
Pre-10.2.0 device on its way to 10.3.0




>
>>> Since the IP is also listed in the dropdown box, a workaround
>>> exists, which is good. Is there any way to make RC by IP the
>>> default, instead of requiring manual selection?
>>>
>> no, we have several RFEs in for this, though
>
> would it help to add another one to get this implemented in 10.4 or 11? Or is it already on the todo list for the next release?

http://support.novell.com/enhancement can always be used to add your 
weight to existing requests in addition to creating new ones.

0
craig
3/31/2010 11:44:59 AM
-------------- craig wilson wrote:

> This could cause the world to reverse the direction on which it is =
spinning on its axis and send ice cream flying off cones around the world.

I knew I had a responsible job, but this much???

-- 

0
Lothar
3/31/2010 12:52:42 PM
Jcsmith1,

> Done.  Tho I bet it'll be another "Duplicate(Under Consideration)" :-)
>
only if it is a duplicate :) We had to do the RFE review on Tuesday this 
week, because we have some training today - I'm on vacation next week, 
so nothing will happen to your RFE for approx. 2 weeks, just want to set 
expectations...

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
3/31/2010 3:04:41 PM
Lothar,

like Craig says, it's really just to make sure that devices can be 
updated to the correct version, and without going through intermediate 
stages...

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
3/31/2010 3:06:28 PM
-------------- Shaun Pond wrote:

> Lothar,
> 
> like Craig says, it's really just to make sure that devices can be 
> updated to the correct version, and without going through intermediate 
> stages...

Thanks Shaun, got it now. I was a bit confused because I only checked the =
update from 10.2 -> 10.3 section, as we do not run older versions =
anywhere. Maybe you could add something like "...in order to avoid =
unnecessary intermediate installation steps." to the "IMPORTANT:..." =
recommendation...

Cheers, Lothar
0
Lothar
3/31/2010 3:30:27 PM
Lothar,

actually, I'm not responsible for that text - if you check what I wrote in my TID 7005455 "ZENworks Configuration Management SP3 (10.3) - update information and list of fixes" you will see that I have written "10.3 is a "cumulative" update, containing all fixes to date since 10.2, and Novell recommends that previous updates are deleted, since they are no longer required: to do so from the ZENworks Control Center, select "Configuration" > "System Updates" then select the previous updates (such as 10.1.2a and 10.1.3), then select "Action" > "Delete Update". If the earlier updates in the list are not deleted, then any new servers installed after this time, and servers upgrading from earlier versions, would have these updates applied unnecessarily. "

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
3/31/2010 4:08:00 PM
I've deleted the old updates, but they still show in the list, I think
they show back up after a restart (just with no download date, only
release & applied date).  Is this the way it's supposed to work, or
should those updates completely disappear when they are deleted.


-- 
willmw
------------------------------------------------------------------------
willmw's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=4306
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
willmw
3/31/2010 4:26:02 PM
-------------- Shaun Pond wrote:

> Lothar,
> 
> actually, I'm not responsible for that text - if you check what I wrote =
in my TID 7005455 "ZENworks Configuration Management SP3 (10.3) - update =
information and list of fixes" you will see that I have written "10.3 is a =
"cumulative" update, containing all fixes to date since 10.2, and Novell =
recommends that previous updates are deleted, since they are no longer =
required: to do so from the ZENworks Control Center, select =
"Configuration" > "System Updates" then select the previous updates (such =
as 10.1.2a and 10.1.3), then select "Action" > "Delete Update". If the =
earlier updates in the list are not deleted, then any new servers =
installed after this time, and servers upgrading from earlier versions, =
would have these updates applied unnecessarily. "

Hey, that's exactly what I was missing! So it's all there, I just did not =
find it (admittedly, I did not search KB at all). 

But then: why should I search for a TID for a new product that has been =
published just on the same day? There's also no reference to that TID in =
documentation or on the download page for the manual install files. Now =
that I search for it, I find a text ref in the download details in ZCC =
(btw: why no html link? same in many TIDs: even complete URLs are just =
plain text, no links? Why? Happy to annoy the reader? I just don't get =
it!), so I cannot say there's no reference at all. Another question arises =
now: why is that whole TID contents not part of the documentation? I am =
working with Novell products for 10 years now, but still miss even basic =
information because it's hidden somwhere, or at least not easily found and =
accessible form where I would expect it... well, but maybe that's just =
me...

Anyway, no more questions, looking forward to test drive 10.3 soon.

Cheers, Lothar
0
Lothar
3/31/2010 4:35:29 PM
willmw;1955778 Wrote: 
> I've deleted the old updates, but they still show in the list, I think
> they show back up after a restart (just with no download date, only
> release & applied date).  Is this the way it's supposed to work, or
> should those updates completely disappear when they are deleted.

They will appear again in ZCC after a refresh but the updates are
deleted from the server even though they show up.

Thomas


-- 
http://thsundel.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
thsundel
3/31/2010 4:36:01 PM
lhaeger;1955785 Wrote: 
> -------------- Shaun Pond wrote:
> 
> > Lothar,
> >
> > actually, I'm not responsible for that text - if you check what I
> wrote in my TID 7005455 "ZENworks Configuration Management SP3 (10.3) -
> update information and list of fixes" you will see that I have written
> "10.3 is a "cumulative" update, containing all fixes to date since 10.2,
> and Novell recommends that previous updates are deleted, since they are
> no longer required: to do so from the ZENworks Control Center, select
> "Configuration" > "System Updates" then select the previous updates
> (such as 10.1.2a and 10.1.3), then select "Action" > "Delete Update". If
> the earlier updates in the list are not deleted, then any new servers
> installed after this time, and servers upgrading from earlier versions,
> would have these updates applied unnecessarily. "
> 
> Hey, that's exactly what I was missing! So it's all there, I just did
> not find it (admittedly, I did not search KB at all).
> 
> But then: why should I search for a TID for a new product that has been
> published just on the same day? There's also no reference to that TID in
> documentation or on the download page for the manual install files. Now
> that I search for it, I find a text ref in the download details in ZCC
> (btw: why no html link? same in many TIDs: even complete URLs are just
> plain text, no links? Why? Happy to annoy the reader? I just don't get
> it!), so I cannot say there's no reference at all. Another question
> arises now: why is that whole TID contents not part of the
> documentation? I am working with Novell products for 10 years now, but
> still miss even basic information because it's hidden somwhere, or at
> least not easily found and accessible form where I would expect it...
> well, but maybe that's just me...
> 
> Anyway, no more questions, looking forward to test drive 10.3 soon.
> 
> Cheers, Lothar

Personally I always look/trust in the TID database before reading the
documentation, since usually (I believe) TID's are written by people
that are able to think and have the knowledge :)

Thomas


-- 
http://thsundel.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
thsundel
3/31/2010 4:56:03 PM
Willmw,

if you read my TID, it does say "Please note: after deleting these 
updates, if you perform a "check for updates", they will return in your 
list of updates, but because they are not downloaded or assigned to any 
devices at that point, they will not interfere with future updates."

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
3/31/2010 4:59:57 PM
Lothar,

> But then: why should I search for a TID for a new product that has
> been published just on the same day?
>
because I maintain the "list of updates" TIDs for ZEN, and they have useful info - http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?usemicrosite=true&searchString=3486285
would have lead you there. I don't know if there's a limitation on the text that goes in the update that points to my TID, I can ask for future updates...

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
3/31/2010 5:01:51 PM
Thsundel,

plus me :)

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
3/31/2010 5:16:50 PM
spond;1955824 Wrote: 
> Thsundel,
> 
> plus me :)
> 
> --
> 
> Shaun Pond

Sry my mistake, I forgot to include geniuses :) I will correct myself:

TID's are written by geniuses and people that are able to think and
have the knowledge.

Thomas


-- 
http://thsundel.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
thsundel
3/31/2010 5:56:03 PM
Is anyone experiencing issues going from 10.2.2.33386 with agent
10.2.2.45263 to ZCM 10.3

I have tried to apply the patch and after 30 Minutes of waiting the
agent has not come back alive on the Zenworks server. I am still able to
use ZCC but unable to communicate to the Zenworks server agent. 

I have even rebooted the server completely.


-- 
dshofkom33
------------------------------------------------------------------------
dshofkom33's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=31424
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
dshofkom33
3/31/2010 6:06:03 PM
Ok. Had to manual start the Zenworks agent. I will look to see if this
is part of the Run Level services to start on 3 and 5. Might be
something to look at as a hot patch.


-- 
dshofkom33
------------------------------------------------------------------------
dshofkom33's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=31424
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
dshofkom33
3/31/2010 6:06:03 PM
Thsundel,

...and me :)

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
4/2/2010 10:30:43 AM
Lothar Haeger,

>-------------- craig wilson wrote:
>
>>This could cause the world to reverse the direction on which it is 
>>spinning on its axis and send ice cream flying off cones around the world.
>
>I knew I had a responsible job, but this much???

All I can say, I am glad Craig didn't say that to Shaun. Otherwise the 
world would have lost all room or lack of air for the amount that Shaun 
would have instantly consumed :)

-- 
Jared Jennings
Senior Systems Architect, Data Technique, Inc.
http://www.datatechnique.com

My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
Twitter@ jaredljennings
0
Jared
4/6/2010 1:05:01 AM
thsundel;1955473 Wrote: 
> If all workstations and servers are running 10.2 or later then you are
> good to go. 10.2, 10.2.1, 10.2.2 can be directly updated to 10.3, There
> is no need to update 10.2->10.2.1->10.2.2 because 10.3 should include
> all the "fixes/changes" from these versions.
> 
> 
> 
> No, but feel free to add an enhancement request as many others already
> done: http://www.novell.com/rms
> 
> Thomas

When I applied the 10.3 update I diligently deleted all the indicated
updates, but then I noticed that they all came back.  Since that time
I've been unable to permanently delete the old updates.  I've tried
doing it through the ZCC and through ZMAN. They always seem to delete,
but then come back in the interface.  Any ideas?

This is what I have....


Name                          | Status
------------------------------+----------
Jun 2010 PRU                  | Baselined
Support Pack 2 for ZCM (10.2) | Baselined
Update for ZCM (10.1.2a)      | Baselined
Update for ZCM (10.1.1)       | Baselined
Update for ZCM (10.3)         | Baselined
Update for ZCM (10.1.3)       | Baselined


-- 
weinberd
------------------------------------------------------------------------
weinberd's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=28462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
weinberd
6/29/2010 3:56:03 PM
weinberd;1993310 Wrote: 
> When I applied the 10.3 update I diligently deleted all the indicated
> updates, but then I noticed that they all came back.  Since that time
> I've been unable to permanently delete the old updates.  I've tried
> doing it through the ZCC and through ZMAN. They always seem to delete,
> but then come back in the interface.  Any ideas?
> 
> This is what I have....
> 
> 
> Name                          | Status
> ------------------------------+----------
> Jun 2010 PRU                  | Baselined
> Support Pack 2 for ZCM (10.2) | Baselined
> Update for ZCM (10.1.2a)      | Baselined
> Update for ZCM (10.1.1)       | Baselined
> Update for ZCM (10.3)         | Baselined
> Update for ZCM (10.1.3)       | Baselined

This is how it's designed, it look like that for everyone.

Thomas


-- 
http://thsundel.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
thsundel
6/29/2010 4:06:02 PM
thsundel;1993318 Wrote: 
> This is how it's designed, it look like that for everyone.
> 
> Thomas

That's a little confusing particularly since the 10.3 update explicitly
wanted you to delete the updates before upgrading.  I have all these old
updates listed under "Available System Updates".  I can select
ACTION>DELETE on each of them, but they don't actually "DELETE"??? 
Strange behavior....


-- 
weinberd
------------------------------------------------------------------------
weinberd's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=28462
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
weinberd
6/29/2010 5:06:02 PM
weinberd;1993405 Wrote: 
> That's a little confusing particularly since the 10.3 update explicitly
> wanted you to delete the updates before upgrading.  I have all these old
> updates listed under "Available System Updates".  I can select
> ACTION>DELETE on each of them, but they don't actually "DELETE"??? 
> Strange behavior....

Well the update (files on server) is actually deleted but not the text
under "Available System Updates".

I know, it's really confusing and annoying.

Thomas


-- 
http://thsundel.blogspot.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406280

0
thsundel
6/29/2010 5:16:02 PM
Weinberd,

but the 10.3 update also says "Please note: after deleting these updates, if you perform a " check for updates", they will return in your list of updates, but because they are not downloaded or assigned to any devices at that point, they will not interfere with future updates."

-- 

Shaun Pond


0
Shaun
6/30/2010 4:25:28 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

ZCM 10.2.2 upgrade to ZCM 10.3.0/10.3.1
Hi All, I want to check if want to upgrade from ZCM 10.2.2 to ZCM 10..3.0/10.3.1 What kind of things I need to prepare? My server is under SLES 10 SP3 Hope you can provide me the solution and answer on that. -- wcpon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Click the following link for the 10.3.1 update readme: 'Update for ZENworks 10 Configuration Management SP3 (10.3.1)' (http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/readme/readme_zcm1031.html) See the support matrix table for the different supported versions. -- *DEV*...

ZCM update from 10.2.2 to 10.3
Hello I am sorry if this is in the wrong section but I am in a jam. I am running ZCM 10.2.2 on a SLES box. I noticed there was a 10.3a update so I downloaded it and deployed. I now have a different agent on the workstations than on the server so they won't talk. I assumed that the update would update the server as well. I was wrong. I have 2 questions. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it. I am not good with linux at all. I would think I have to update the server? -- whitee27 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I moved this po...

update from zcm 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a
Hi All, When I go to do the system update to 10.3.0a from 10.2.2 I keep getting this error: An error occurred while downloading the update content to this device. Make sure that this device has valid content servers configured via closest server rules and that the content replication has occurred to this devices content server(s). I only have one zcm server, and did not configure any server rules. I have deleted the update, and re-downloaded it, and got that same message when trying to apply it. Tony. -- arizzotto ----------------------------------------------------...

ZCM 10.2
We are running ZCM 10.2 on a SUSE Linux server. It has been running good, until recently. We attempted to do some imaging with a new machine and it required the latest March PRU. I looked at our ZCM and it reported we had 10.2.0. I went to configuration and searched for latest updates. It came back with Support Pack 2 for ZCM (10.2). I downloaded it. I also downloaded Update for ZCM 10.2.2, and the March PRU. I then had it deploy the support pack, in the deploying service pack it now says STATIS PENDING = 0 Successful =1. I then rebooted the ZCM server. When I go to che...

10.2.2->10.3 Works, just 10.3 install doesn't
I have a very odd issue. If i install 10.2.2 and then upgrade it to 10.3 through the system update deployment, everything works fine. If i try to install 10.3 on a fresh machine without installing 10.2.2 first it starts failing on things like downloading DAU, downloading group policy files, etc. Any ideas? I have run the post-10.3 patch after installing it the day it came out. I have rebuilt my preagent packages.....still not working... Primary Server 1 10.3 Win2k8 Primary Server 2 10.3 Linux VMware appliance clients are all windows xp sp3 -- adisarro ---------...

10.3.0a installed but ZCM Version 10.2.2 displayed on device
Hello all, I upgraded our Suse 11 ZCM server from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a and according to ZCC installation was successful. The version.txt also confirms this, yet the server device still displays 10.2.2. This is still the case after a reboot. Is there a fix or should I not be concerned? Thanks, Matt -- mrivenbark ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mrivenbark, >Hello all, I upgraded our Suse 11 ZCM server from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a and >according to ZCC installation was successful. The version.txt also >confirms this, yet the ...

Update 10.3.2 to 10.3.3 on primary server (sles 10) fails?
we tried to upgrade from 10.3.2 to 10.3.3 on the primary server first (Sles 10 SP3). Although the deployment stage reported success - the server shows still 10.3.2 for ZCM, ZAM und ZPM. we then tried to deploy 10.3.3 for one win7 sp1 workstation - with success. so, what can be done to bring the primary server to 10.3.3 or is it just showing the wrong version? Thanks for any help Andrej Hi! I've same here -- "Update for ZCM (10.3.3) - Update Completed", but server (SLES 11) show via ZCC 10.2.2. All updated WS's show 10.3.3. But, I have "slight"...

ZCM 10.2 Blank version numbers
Hi all, i've problem with ZCM 10. I've installed ZCM 10.2 on SLES 11 64bit. Then i've manually imported 10.2.2 update and status of the update in ZCC is "Downloaded". But i was unable to deploy this update to the server with error message: "The Update for ZCM (10.2.2) update requires the following update(s) to be applied before it can be deployed: Support Pack 2 for ZCM (10.2) ". I was really shocked as i installed ZCM from 10.2 iso file. Then I checked the version number of ZCM components through ZCC and in the Server Hierarchy field of my prima...

Updating from 10.2.2 to 10.3.0a
Is there any sybase updates that need to be installed before the 10.3.0a update? Thanks -- hwilliam ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hwilliam;2035888 Wrote: > Is there any sybase updates that need to be installed before the 10.3.0a > update? > > Thanks When you update to 10.3 Sybase should be automatically updated to the latest version. Thomas -- http://thsundel.blogspot.com/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/mem...

update to 10.3.1 from 10.2.2
well, I know that I have to apply 10.3 first and then 10.3.1 on the server side, but, just to make sure, is it possible to upgrade the server in the 2 steps and then roll-out the 10.3.1 to the clients or,, will the clients also do a 2 step upgrade ? Hope Im making myself somewhat clear here...., Thought I'd do the update this weekend so we wont interfere with the users so much, and from what I gather, the 10.3.0 client hasnt been exactly 100% in terms of login/performance,etc. I have that same issue. It seems that there is no way around it - it will boot 2 times. If yo...

Downgrade Zenworks 10.3.3 to Zenworks 10.3.2
Hi all..i got a request from customer to do downgrade Zenwork Agent from 10.3.3 to 10.3.2.. In before, we are using 10.3.2 and then, after download 10.3.3, the mark item in "System Update" move to 10.3.3.. And the status of 10.3.2 has been "Superceded"..while the status for 10.3.3 is "downloaded". Right now, all workstation and satellite server still using 10.3.2, and use change their mind to use back 10.3.2...even i suggest to upgrade all device with the latest version, but user still dont want it.. They ask me to use 10.3.2 back.. If i delete 10.3.3 ve...

10.0.2 installed, still asks to install 10.0.2 update
I installed the 10.0.2 update about ten days ago and it is verified on the About page. However, I get numerous daily reminders to install the 10.0.2 update. So I checked "never check for updates" but that apparently isn't working either because I'm getting all of the reminders. So what's my only option: uninstall and then reinstall? I'm a bit leery of doing that: everything else seems to be functioning properly. However, when I previously installed the 10.0.1 update, numerous things were broken on my Win7 system and I had to revert to a restore poi...

updating agent from 10.2.0 to 10.2.2
We updated our server from 10.2.0 to 10.2.2 however there is nothing on the sytem update page for an agent update.. i realize i could do a 10.3 server/agent update..but i really can't update the server at this time so in an effort to get the agent on the same page as the server can anyone help.. there must be an update i can download.. i don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall the agent from the tools page (massive task) -- smartz136 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ smartz136;1973355 Wrote: > We updated our serv...

Agent updated from 10.2.1 to 10.2.2
We have a few thousand machines in our company and recently deployed an agent update from 10.2.1 to 10.2.2. Out of these machines we have 400 that give errors. We have 40 machines that say "Installing" We have about 20 machines that say "awaiting reboot" And the rest say "Update Assigned" I don't see any Zenworks errors in the event logs of the individual PCs so not sure what is causing the agent to not install. For the machines that say "awaiting reboot" we already rebooted them using another software package. For the ones that ...

Web resources about - ZCM 10.2.2 to 10.3 update questions - novell.zenworks.10.install

German question - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Kleindeutschland" redirects here. For the neighborhood in New York City, see Little Germany, Manhattan . 1820 map of Central Europe showing ...

New questions about San Bernardino shooters
The FBI says that the couple was radicalized and took target practice before the shooting. Melissa Chan reports.

Astronomers question claim of super planet found at solar system’s edge
The ALMA Telescope’s antennas are seen under a starry night sky. (credit: Christoph Malin) Scientists and amateur astronomers have long been ...

Question Of The Day: Most overlooked heroic engine?
Filed under: Etc. , Automotive History Some engines were made for decades and moved entire nations. Which one most deserves more recognition? ...

"Donald Trump's reprehensible call to bar Muslim immigrants from entering the United States tracks an ...
"Would such a proposal be constitutional? The answer is not what you might think..." Unless you've read all the many other op-eds dotted about ...

Media moral posing and the unasked Trump question
Media moral posing and the unasked Trump question by digby I wrote about Trump and the media today for Salon. Here's an excerpt in which I discuss ...

The question that Mark Zuckerberg inspires Facebook employees to ask themselves
Leaked messages from Mark Zuckerberg from the early days of Facebook portray the founder as a flippant jerk. But that image of yesterday's Zuckerberg ...

Report: Cruz questions Trump's "judgment" to be president
At a private fundraiser, Cruz remarked on Trump and Carson and their preparedness to be commander-in-chief, according to the New York Times

Paris Climate Agreement’s Legal Form Explained In 7 Questions
Originally published on WRI. By Eliza Northrop and David Waskow What will be the outcome of the Paris climate negotiations — an agreement? A ...

IDG Contributor Network: Stretch, tackle and question: One CTO's career advice
Dr. Darlene Solomon is chief technology officer for Agilent Technologies , advancing chemical and biological measurements in the life sciences, ...

Resources last updated: 12/11/2015 1:22:55 PM