Updating agent 10.0.0 to 10.0.1

Hi,
I did a fresh new installation of zcm to get the 10.0.1 version  I have
been able to re-register workstation which already had a previous agent
install to the new server but now I am trying to figure out how to
upgrade the agent on the workstation from 10.0.0 to 10.0.1

Anyone has a suggestion ?

	-Luc
0
Luc
12/11/2007 8:39:01 PM
novell.zenworks.10.install 2954 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can't at this point in time :<<
You would need to uninstall and reinstall.

Normally, even after a clean install of 10.0.1, the 10.0.0 to 10.0.1 patch
would download even though you are at 10.0.1.
This patch could then be authorized to push out to the 10.0.0 Clients.
However, the 10.0.0 to 10.0.1 patch is currently not available.

So you can either wait for it to be available again, or you will need to
install fresh clients.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"Luc Paulin" <luc.paulinREMOVETHIS@adaris.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I did a fresh new installation of zcm to get the 10.0.1 version  I have
> been able to re-register workstation which already had a previous agent
> install to the new server but now I am trying to figure out how to
> upgrade the agent on the workstation from 10.0.0 to 10.0.1
>
> Anyone has a suggestion ?
>
> -Luc

0
Craig
12/11/2007 9:40:56 PM
Any idea as when the patch would be available?
Is there any issues running agent at version 10.0.0 with a server at
10.0.1 ?

	-Luc

Craig Wilson wrote:
> You can't at this point in time :<<
> You would need to uninstall and reinstall.
>
> Normally, even after a clean install of 10.0.1, the 10.0.0 to 10.0.1 patch
> would download even though you are at 10.0.1.
> This patch could then be authorized to push out to the 10.0.0 Clients.
> However, the 10.0.0 to 10.0.1 patch is currently not available.
>
> So you can either wait for it to be available again, or you will need to
> install fresh clients.

0
Luc
12/12/2007 1:24:44 PM
I don't know a time-line.
I just know Novell is very concerned about getting this working.
I also know this is being harder than they thought to correct.

There is a 10.0.2 upgrade coming in January so before manually updating to
10.0.1 now, you may want to hold out if possible until then.

--

> Any idea as when the patch would be available?
> Is there any issues running agent at version 10.0.0 with a server at
> 10.0.1 ?
>
> -Luc
>

> Craig Wilson wrote:
>> You can't at this point in time :<<
>> You would need to uninstall and reinstall.
>>
>> Normally, even after a clean install of 10.0.1, the 10.0.0 to 10.0.1
>> patch
>> would download even though you are at 10.0.1.
>> This patch could then be authorized to push out to the 10.0.0 Clients.
>> However, the 10.0.0 to 10.0.1 patch is currently not available.
>>
>> So you can either wait for it to be available again, or you will need to
>> install fresh clients.

0
Craig
12/12/2007 2:46:40 PM
Craig Wilson wrote:
> I don't know a time-line.
> I just know Novell is very concerned about getting this working.
> I also know this is being harder than they thought to correct.
>
> There is a 10.0.2 upgrade coming in January so before manually updating to
> 10.0.1 now, you may want to hold out if possible until then.

Great...
Thanx for information..
0
Luc