update to 10.3.1 from 10.2.2

well, I know that I have to apply 10.3 first and then 10.3.1 on the
server side, but, just to make sure, is it possible to upgrade the
server in the 2 steps and then roll-out the 10.3.1 to the clients or,,
will the clients also do a 2 step upgrade ?
Hope Im making myself somewhat clear here....,
Thought I'd do the update this weekend so we wont interfere with the
users so much, and from what I gather, the 10.3.0 client hasnt been
exactly 100% in terms of login/performance,etc.

0
emerson
8/6/2010 5:09:55 PM
📁 novell.zenworks.10.install
📃 2954 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 752 Views

I have that same issue.
It seems that there is no way around it - it will boot 2 times.
If you try to install the 10.3.1 agent on top of a 10.3.0 agent, it
will say that it's already installed.
But I'm pondering something like this:
1. Use AdminStudio to record the differences of a 10.2.2 to 10.3.1
agent update.
2. Push out a script during ZENworks login and run it.
3. Kill all agent services
4. Kill all agent processes
5. Deploy the MSI from step 1
6. Reboot
Maybe that would do the trick?
Regards
Allan
0
Allan
8/6/2010 5:34:03 PM
so.. the smart design by Novell as of now is that the clients will
also have to do each step of the update...??
Maaan....I really hope and thought I wouldnt be like that.
Ok for that the sat-servers would maybe have that extra reboot, but
forcing all clients to go through that ???....that's not directly
ZeroEffortNetworking or whatever the idea was......

So,, btw,,thanks for your answer,
status right now then is;
My idea was to update from 10.2.2. to 10.3.0 and then to 10.3.1 during
the weekend so no clients would be affected...,,,
But,, that might not be possible then ?
Meaning I have to get the whole zone to 10.3.0 first,
and then apply 10.3.1 ??

thanks again for your feedback and sorry for the frustration..

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 17:34:03 GMT, Allan B. Clausen
<abc_remspam_@itq_remspam_.dk> wrote:
>I have that same issue.
>
>It seems that there is no way around it - it will boot 2 times.
>If you try to install the 10.3.1 agent on top of a 10.3.0 agent, it
>will say that it's already installed.
>
>But I'm pondering something like this:
>1. Use AdminStudio to record the differences of a 10.2.2 to 10.3.1
>agent update.
>2. Push out a script during ZENworks login and run it.
>3. Kill all agent services
>4. Kill all agent processes
>5. Deploy the MSI from step 1
>6. Reboot