Logged In As: Not Logged In

I installed ZCF 10.0.1 on a Win 2K3 server and when I install the ZEN client
on a workstation the ZENWORKS client login comes up and I cannot log into
it. It shows me the realm name of my tree and Zenworks Zone and I have tried
both to no avail.

When I look at the details of the adaptive agent it says, "Logged In As: Not
Logged In"

Any ideas?
0
Jayson
1/11/2008 2:55:21 PM
novell.zenworks.10.install 2954 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:55:21 GMT, Jayson E. Hahn wrote:

> Any ideas?

Debug logs in ZCM
http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3418069&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=51010132&stateId=0%200%2051008788

we would need to look at what is happening with the ldap requests to your
user source
--

Marcus Breiden

If you are asked to email me information please remove the - in my e-mail
address.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.didas.de
0
Marcus
1/11/2008 3:50:27 PM
Marcus,

and http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3273870&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=51010132&stateId=0%200%2051008788

--

Shaun Pond

0
Shaun
1/11/2008 4:28:46 PM
I can set myself as an administrator for the ZCM website and log in as my
username and password and it hits LDAP (I am viewing the live DSTRACE) and
it finds me and logs me in.

Just not in the ZENworks® Adaptive Agent. Once logged into the workstation
however I can log in using the Realm Name of Zenworks Zone

<1jzjr06zmppwu$.dlg@supportforums.novell.com>, Marcus
Breiden<mbreiden@di-das.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:55:21 GMT, Jayson E. Hahn wrote:
>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Debug logs in ZCM
> http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalI

> d=3418069&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=51010132&stateId=0%200%2051008788
>
> we would need to look at what is happening with the ldap requests to
> your
> user source
0
Jayson
1/11/2008 7:38:07 PM
OK. was a DNS issue

<47877F4D.28E7.0031.3@merrimacind.com>,
Jayson E. Hahn<JAY@merrimacind.com> wrote:
> I can set myself as an administrator for the ZCM website and log in as my
> username and password and it hits LDAP (I am viewing the live DSTRACE)
> and
> it finds me and logs me in.
>
> Just not in the ZENworks® Adaptive Agent. Once logged into the
> workstation
> however I can log in using the Realm Name of Zenworks Zone

> <1jzjr06zmppwu$.dlg@supportforums.novell.com>, Marcus
> Breiden<mbreiden@di-das.de> wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:55:21 GMT, Jayson E. Hahn wrote:
>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Debug logs in ZCM

http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalI

>> d=3418069&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=51010132&stateId=0%200%2051008788
>>
>> we would need to look at what is happening with the ldap requests to
>> your
>> user source
0
Jayson
1/11/2008 9:51:19 PM
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:51:19 GMT, Jayson E. Hahn wrote:

> OK. was a DNS issue

thanks for letting us know..
--

Marcus Breiden

If you are asked to email me information please remove the - in my e-mail
address.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.didas.de
0
Marcus

Logging log
Hi! I try to accomplish task described in http://forums.novell.com/novell-product-support-forums/zenworks/configuration-management/zcm-server-install/422609-mixed-login.html?pagenumber= and wonder I don't know how to keep log of logging? I mean, does ZCM is capable to keep logging log? As Altiris NS does? More thanks, Alar. -- NovAlf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You look like you want to log in to your zone as a user from either a eDIR or AD. And yes this is possible, it will search both Directories. http://www.theurbanp...

To log or not to log
Hello foremen, on a large database, trillions of SELECTs and DELETEs are going to be performed. After that, the database is going to be unloaded. The database uses a transaction log. Should I keep the log there along this process or "unmount" it after some parts of it (or even before the beginning)? In this case, nothing but the speed is important. The database is ASA 7.0.4.3498. Thanks Pavel LOG... ALWAYS LOG. Performance is dependent on the use of the log. Recommendations: 1) Ensure that the file system is not excessively fragmented 2) Host the db f...

Event Log not Logging ??
 Hi All, On my dev machine when I log errors to the event log all works great however when I move the web application to the test server the events are not being logged... I am hoping it is some configuration issue with IIS however I am totally lost.The code writing the events: EventLog.WriteEntry("xxxxx", err, EventLogEntryType.Error);   Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,Neil  are you getting an error? Sometimes, its a permissions issue, if the log name doesn't exist, it tries to write the new value to the registry. Check the application log...

User Log in Log
I need to keep a daily record of network logins Being Auditcon does not work with NW6, is there a way I can enable Logging on a server/tree to capture user login? Install NSURE Audit. Configure it to record logins and out for both the server and eDir. The Nsure Audit starter pack 1.0.3 is downloadable from the website. ~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~ Jim Gosney Netware/Groupwise Admin./Eng. Genesco, Inc. Nashville, TN Currently reading: fiction: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King -- J.R.R. Tolkien non-fiction: George Washington -- James Burns and Susan Dunn rel...

Log files not logging
I have been given responsiblity for running our BorderManager 3.6 system. The server is no longer doing any logging. The last log file is dated August 13 2004. I just took this over. It is BM 3.6. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? Thanks Scott The administration of the log files is located in NWAdmin - select the Bordermanager Setup Tab - highlight HTTP Proxy - click on details - there is a Logging tab there that will tell you where the files are located and for how long, etc. Somtimes I have to go in and clean the logfiles out of the volume - if the volume ...

Who to Validate log in and log out...
Hi, I'm doing a couple of Asp VB .Net 1.x  pages and a wanna know how to validate when a user logs in that web site... just like e-mail accounts do. Plus, how to avoid that after been logged in, the user copies the URL address, then closes all IE windows and opens a new one, paistes the URL address and the web site opens... without asking for logging in...   Is that why people use cookies??? As you can see, I'm a newby with Asp stuff.. Please help, or some controls for me to investigate, or archicles... Thanx a lot! ~ Luisco_____________________________________Programador ...

Application Log logging
Shaun, I have been getting complaints from our techs here about the huge amount of entries Patchlink is writing to the Application log. The problem is when they are trying to troubleshoot a problem on a PC, the application log has filled up with the Zenworks Patch Management Agent entries, pushing out the entries they need for troubleshooting. Aside from increasing the size of the Event logs, is there a way to "throttle" down the entries Patchlink is making? 6.3.2.700 server 6.3.2.858 agent Bob -- bstayskal Bstayskal, what level do you have the agent ...

Transaction Logs And Logging
I work in a shop that does not keep the Sybase transaction logs. We have been mandated to research archiving our logging. The Sybase documentation does not go into great detail about how to do this. Can anyone give me pointers on this, or point me in the way of decent documentation? I understand setting the 'dump transaction' command on the Last Chance thresholds. We have 65 active databases, and the nightmare I have is trying to deal with 65 logs being constantly dumped. Without overwriting each other before they can be copied to tape. Is there an easy way to rename the ...

Logging to httpservlet.log
Anyone have any examples on how to log to this file? I know you need to use the ServletContext interface but I have been unable to find any real examples of how. Thanks for your help. Don Flannagan ...

error log logs
Hi all, In the script I have to stop sybase, I use two instructions for log rotate. su sybase -c 'mv -f $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/install/sybase.log /backup2/logs/sybase-`date +%y%m%d-%H%M%S`.log' su sybase -c 'touch $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/install/sybase.log' But when I start ASE, the server don�t write in this file (sybase.log) it uses to write $SYBASE/errorlog Why????? What can I do to write in $SYBASE/$SYBASE_ASE/install/sybase.log The RUN_file is: #!/bin/sh # # Adaptive Server name: sybase # Master device path: /dev/md/dataset/rdsk/d3 # Error ...

ExceptionPolicy logs differently to event log than to text log
I am implementing an exception policy in the business layer and in the presentation layer of my web application as per the block below.  When an exception happens in the business layer, it bubbles on up to the aspx, which in turn throws the error, thus invoking the default error page defined in web.config.  All well and good.  The strangeness is that only one exception is logged to the event log, but both throws are caught in the text log.  Why the discrepancy? Thanks.    Catch ex As Exception Dim rethrow As Boolean re...

Logging in without logging in...
Help! I've been asked to integrate a dotnetnuke site with another corporate site to present the user with a seamless transition between the two. The user will login to the corporate site (behind a firewall) and at some point be passed over to the dotnetnuke site (hosted externally). Is there anyway to log the user (who came form the corporate site) into the dotnetnuke site without the user having to retype his / her username / password? I'd prefer not to pass the username / password in the url - something more secure would be preferred. If anyone has any ideas or has done it b...

Logging Out & Logging In
Ok this might be a terribly simple one but its really baffeling me...Quick overview - I am creating a Web Application using Visual Web Developer 2008 (vb) ASP.NET 3.5 Ok, so say if I log in to the application from login.aspx as User1 and then once authenticated I am taken to default.aspx. I then navigate to another page, for arguments sake call it page1.aspx.Now I log out as User1 and log back in as User2. Instead of being shown default.aspx as earlier I am taken back to the page that the previous user was on - page1.aspx.How do I set what page is show once a user logs out and back in a...

Filter log not logging
I have upgraded to TB 2.0.0.6, but it was doing this before. I set up a whole mess of new filters using the fancy new tagging. New filters definitely tagging incoming mail properly. I cleared out the old filter logs. I somehow managed to turn off logging. Yes I checked the little box. It's still not logging. I have tried turning off filter logging, exiting the program, starting up again and turning filter logging back on. Filterlog.html file exist, but empty. How do I get the filter log working again? Thank you. Charlie wrote: > I have upgraded to TB 2.0....

Web resources about - Logged In As: Not Logged In - novell.zenworks.10.install

Not logged in - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not logged in Jump to: navigation , search Please log in to view or edit items on your watchlist. Retrieved from " http://en.wikipedia.org/w ...

Facebook Subtly Nudges Less-Active Users With Friends Logged In, Time Since Last Update
... subtle nudges from the social network in the form of messages under their status update forms telling them how many of their friends have logged ...

Facebook hides page content from logged-out users
Facebook pages are no longer visible to users who are logged out of the social network. Users who visit fan pages without being signed into ...

Schuler Benson met his future wife after Facebook glitch logged him into her account
... man it turned out to be his portal to true love. Six years ago Schuler Benson switched on his phone to find that he had been accidentally logged ...

Water-logged victory proof St George Illawarra Dragons can keep pouring it on, says Gareth Widdop
St George Illawarra five-eighth Gareth Widdop says he knew the Dragons were the real deal when he walked victorious from a sodden Allianz Stadium ...

Our hearts and minds agree: national parks should not be logged
Responding to an opinion piece from Timber NSW, Warrick Jordan argues that science and our love of country tell us that logging has no place ...

Facebook Beats $15 Billion Lawsuit Over Tracking Logged-Out Users
Facebook won dismissal of a $15 billion lawsuit accusing the company of secretly tracking the Internet activity of its users after they log off. ...

Twitter To Test Promoted Tweets To Logged-Out Users
Twitter is testing a way to surface promoted tweets , even if a user is not logged into the service. Twitter announced Thursday that they’re ...

Spotify Bug Kept Users Logged In to Facebook Even After They Disconnec - Liz Gannes - Social - AllThingsD ...
Spotify's music software recently had a bug since removed that logged users back in to their Facebook accounts even after they'd actively disconnected. ...

Facebook sued for tracking users, even after they logged out
Hundreds of millions of people use Facebook and like (and love) it, but the regular stream of privacy problems encouraged me to delete my account ...