DNS Round Robin Configuration

When configuring a custom Adaptive Agent have people configured the
agent to point to a round robin address that services all primary
servers or have they added each server name in turn into the custom
agent?  I have found that regardless of the Closest Server Default Rule
all servers are not accessed equally unless a round robin address is
used by the adaptive agent.  Does anyone have any best practice
information regarding this?

--
gmwnhs1

gmwnhs1
11/23/2009 9:46:02 AM
novell.zenworks.10.install 2954 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Has no one out there used DNS A records that round robin to multiple
primary servers?  Is it supported?

--
gmwnhs1
gmwnhs1's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=15187

0
gmwnhs1
11/27/2009 2:56:02 PM
gmwnhs1,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com

0
Automatic

DNS Round Robin
Can you do round robin DNS with Netware 6.5? AFAIK, it should work like 6.0 in which case it does it automatically when you assign multiple IP addresses to a single host name. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp ...

OES2 DNS Installation Error "Failed to configure DNS Server"
Hello NG On our SLES10 SP1 with OES2 i tried to install DNS. Unfortunatelly it doesn't work. Each time i try to configure the server I receive the following error. "Failed to configure DNS Server" I started an LDAP trace and it displayed me the following erros. Some ideas how to solve this problem? I checked the following TID 3884721 and 7000181 Thanks Ramon (10.0.1.25:53760)(0x0041:0x63) Sending operation result 0:"":"" to connection 0xc8c6900 (10.0.1.25:53760)(0x0042:0x66) DoModify on connection 0xc8c6900 (10.0.1.25:53760)(0x0042:0x6...

dns round-robin
We have an F5 load balancer that is using round robin algorithum for our two app servers. We want to get rid of the F5's and use internal DNS round robin... I'm assuming if i make two RR entries for the DNS entry it will work? Will the client that goes to app1, always goto app1? how do I set the RR record to expire? What happens if app1 is down, will the client goto app2 or hang? --____LPHMXLZMXOMRLFKSEJCW____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Yes, you can create a resource with multiple RR entries. Typi...

Follow-up and Summary of BIND/DNS and 10/10, 10/10
I post this for the benefit of anyone else who may (or may not!) wish to do the same. First off, thanks again to Mark Cross and "Col" for their generous assistance and patience with all this. Secondly, I've been able to eliminate a few superfluous settings and still keep the 10/10, 10/10 score on the http://test-ipv6.com/ site. On a WinXP Pro rig, using a SixXS (the tunnel broker for an IPv6 connection) AYIYA tunnel to pierce the NAT of my wireless modem, I have removed all port-forwards through it, reserved a DHCP lease to keep the IP static, kept its fir...

Ubuntu 10.10 on 10/10/10 at 10:10:10
Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Bill -- Bill_MI - Bill in Michigan Expert Opinions $20, Shut-Up $50 On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:28:14 -0400, Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Released on 10/10/10, at 10:10:10?? We'll have to call this one Ubuntu Masonic! :-) Bill_MI wrote: > Kinda neet. I imagine that time was UTC? Installed last night on my testbed laptop. Installer is different from previous versions. Main improvement is that the bootloader installation is not hidden behind an Advanced button on the last screen. Early in th...

round robin DNS question
I want to setup round robin DNS on Netware 6 and not quite sure how to do it. Do I create the resource record and then add multiple addresses to it? For example, if I create a resource record for the host name "foobar" and then add ip addresses to it, is that the right way to do it? Thanks, Leo In article <OnDeb.381$mH2.281@prv-forum3.provo.novell.com>, Leo Boucher wrote: > Do I create the resource record and then add multiple addresses to it? > Exactly. bd NSC Volunteer SysOp www.InsightNetSolutions.net Hello Brad, I was ju...

DNS Round Robin #2
We have an F5 load balancer that is using round robin algorithum for our two app servers. We want to get rid of the F5's and use internal DNS round robin... I'm assuming if i make two RR entries for the DNS entry it will work? Will the client that goes to app1, always goto app1? how do I set the RR record to expire? What happens if app1 is down, will the client goto app2 or hang? In article <5%Poc.10359$Ob.497@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, John wrote: > Will the client that goes to app1, always goto app1? how do I set the > RR record to expire? > I...

dns not loading after zenworks install
I recently installed Zenworks 10 on the same SLES OES 2 sp3 machine. now my dns wont start. When I try to start it, it says micasad not loaded. When I try to start micasad it appears to start but when I refresh it is is stopped with error code 3. the novell-named service for my dns does the same thing. I read one post where the zenworks mono install broke this but I cant find the resolve?? -- gator17 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Gator17, TID 7003707 "ZCM 10.2 Upgrades System Mono which may affect other components on a S...

Downgrade Zenworks 10.3.3 to Zenworks 10.3.2
Hi all..i got a request from customer to do downgrade Zenwork Agent from 10.3.3 to 10.3.2.. In before, we are using 10.3.2 and then, after download 10.3.3, the mark item in "System Update" move to 10.3.3.. And the status of 10.3.2 has been "Superceded"..while the status for 10.3.3 is "downloaded". Right now, all workstation and satellite server still using 10.3.2, and use change their mind to use back 10.3.2...even i suggest to upgrade all device with the latest version, but user still dont want it.. They ask me to use 10.3.2 back.. If i delete 10.3.3 ve...

TIdHTTP and Round-robin DNS? [Edit]
The Indy that comes with Delphi XE8 doesn't seem to handle Round-robin DNS correctly? It always seem to use just the first address when I try TIdHTTP.Get(). Edited by: Jani Alanen on Jun 1, 2015 4:29 AM ...

Load Balancing/Round-Robin Configuration
The DNS documentation I am reading (http://www.novell.com/documentation/dns_dhcp/index.html) indicated that "Secondary name servers provide redundancy and load balancing for a domain." But I've read here where that really is not the case (http://forums.novell.com/group/novell.support.netware.dns-dhcp/message- index.tpt/@article@5149). Is the documentation misleading? Has anyone figured out how to load balance two DNS servers? I also read somewhere in the documentation about the ability to round-robin (can't find paragraph presently). Is that also not acc...

Bundles from 10.0.3 install after a new 10.1.2 install
I have installed 10.1.2 on some new client machines and after the install I am noticing bundles from 10.0.3 are installing from somewhere. I don't make any 10.0.3 bundles so I am guessing it is some type of auto update that did not get shut off. Anyone have a idea where I can kill this off? Windows 2003SP2 server w/ ZCM 10.1.2 Thanks, Jim Koerner Jim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might tr...

Zenworks 10.2 install problem
zenworks installer after the license agreement exits with out any error message. So I ran the install with -d (debug mode) and it got to "Calling: cleanupUnix()" and then it says "Exiting with exit code: -1" anyone got ideas why this might be happening. I'm upgrading from 10.1.2a to 10.2 (media) -- knodi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Knodi, > I'm upgrading from 10.1.2a to 10.2 (media) > you can't do this upgrade from the media, sorry. See TID 7003225 for details of how to upgrade ...

10.0.2 installed, still asks to install 10.0.2 update
I installed the 10.0.2 update about ten days ago and it is verified on the About page. However, I get numerous daily reminders to install the 10.0.2 update. So I checked "never check for updates" but that apparently isn't working either because I'm getting all of the reminders. So what's my only option: uninstall and then reinstall? I'm a bit leery of doing that: everything else seems to be functioning properly. However, when I previously installed the 10.0.1 update, numerous things were broken on my Win7 system and I had to revert to a restore poi...

Web resources about - DNS Round Robin Configuration - novell.zenworks.10.install

Configuration management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems , such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information ...

Facebook Taps Opscode Private Chef For Configuration, Management Of Servers
How does Facebook manage its ever-growing plethora of servers , configurations, administrative access policies, and the other tasks that go along ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Top tech companies plug into renewable power - Configuration / maintenance, Google, Microsoft, Networking ...
Leading tech companies like Microsoft, Google and Apple are making huge inroads in the use of renewable energy for corporate facilities and data ...

New 15-inch 2.5 GHz MacBook Pro unboxed and compared to other 2015 configurations
Apple’s new 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display is here and available in a few different configurations. We’re take a closer look at the ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...