Error reading file Q-00D8.SYS Netware 4.10

This error just popped up on the console after a reboot:

Error reading file Q-00D8.SYS offset 00000118h data stream 0 Read was
requested by the SERVER File path SYS:SYSTEM\D8000001.QDR\Q_00D8.SYS

Any idea what the heck it means?

Also it is beeping every second or something like that....

Is it about to die?  It has been running with no additional errors all
day.

Thanks!

0
Chris
9/20/2005 11:45:19 PM
novell.support.netware.4x 2762 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Error reading file Q-00D8.SYS offset 00000118h data stream 0 Read was
> requested by the SERVER File path SYS:SYSTEM\D8000001.QDR\Q_00D8.SYS

Only a minor problem -- server apparently was not downed gracefully --
that file is a print queue leftover.  Down the server properly and
restart and it should go away.

As to the beeping -- check to make sure all other processes are
definitely running ok -- could be a mirroring problem or something like
that.

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Cheers Dave

--

Dave Parkes [NSCS]
Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

If I run into a problem with this error I will post an update.

Thanks!

0
Chris
10/1/2005 1:45:50 PM
> I am going to pick up the server today to take a look at it.  Probably
> going to replace it with a linux box running Samba.

Ah -- NLSBS then, right?

--
Barry Schnur
Barry

Any unforseen problems I might encounter?

Update the Novell 4.10 box, the hard drive does have some bad spots, I
am getting block redirected errors.  There is so far only 1 file I need
to copy from that box, and I cannot get it to complete.   I am going to
attempt to pull it from backup tapes, but I wish there was some other
way.  Arcserve is bombing about because of that Q-00D8 file error, so I
am going to have to attempt to fix that first before I can get arcserve
to work right.

0
Chris
10/2/2005 1:45:53 PM
Chris Schmidt wrote:
> Actually, Novel Suse Linux Pro 9.2
>
> Any unforseen problems I might encounter?

Update about the Novell 4.10 server:

> the hard drive does have some bad spots, I
> am getting block redirected errors.  There is so far only 1 file I need
> to copy from that box, and I cannot get it to complete.   I am going to
> attempt to pull it from backup tapes, but I wish there was some other
> way.  Arcserve is bombing about because of that Q-00D8 file error, so I
> am going to have to attempt to fix that first before I can get arcserve
> to work right.

0
Chris
10/2/2005 2:03:53 PM
If the hard drive has bad spots on it, you might not be able to recover
from that except by tape.

Then again, I suspect the hardware is old enough that hard drive
failure is something one might plan on.

-
Barry Schnur
Barry

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Removing IPX support Netware 6,Netware 4.11
Hi all, Does anyone know a way of forcing Netware 4.11 to use IP instead of IPX as its preferred protocol? After removing IPX support from our netware 6 boxes, our netware 4.11 box can no longer communicate. I would have thought that it would attempt to use IP instead of IPX... I haven't had a lot of experience with netware 4.11 boxes. Thanks in advance, Ben. NW 4.11 can only use IPX for NCP communications. The only way to go what looks like IP only is to use Netware/IP or CMD, but both these are just ways of encapsulating IPX traffic in IP packets and they are no...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

NetWare 4.1 Upgrade To NetWare 4.2
We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be downloaded and installed? John G. jagaman@adelphia.net The reason for the upgrade was so we could use Backup Exec 9 John A. Goodrich wrote: > We are currently running a 25 user netware 4.1 with patches and need to > upgrade to netware 4.2. Is this a patch? a new OS? Can this be > downloaded and installed? > > John G. > > jagaman@adelphia.net > You need to purchase Netware 4.2 with the appro...

Netware client 4.6 4.7 and 4.8 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware 6.5? As I'll be doing an upgrade and don't want to go around the workstations twice to configure them. Thanks > Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware > 6.5? You can run them but not sure without issues since some of those clients were not tested against NetWare6.5 -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) John, They *should* run okay, but there will have been no testing done with 4.6 or 4.7, and ...

Looking for SEND.EXE and its supporting files of Netware 4.11
Please help! I am in need of SEND.EXE and its supporting files of Netware 4.11. We run Netware 5.1. We need to send message from DOS workstation. SEND.EXE is not included in Netware 5.1 anymore. I was managed to find the SEND.exe, but could not find SEND.MSG and other supporting files. Can someone send me the all these files? Thanks in advance. Best regards, Tom Deng. Tom, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try o...

NetWare 4.10 vs 4.11
I have several 4.11 servers and one 4.10 server to upgrade. All references I see talk about 4.11 and 4.2 do the same patches apply to 4.10 or is it seperate? > I have several 4.11 servers and one 4.10 server to upgrade. All references I > see talk about 4.11 and 4.2 do the same patches apply to 4.10 or is it > seperate? > 4.1 has it's own patch set. You cannot use 4.11/4.2 SPs on 4.10 -- Andy Thompson Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp (No email support, thanks.) So if I want to migrate that server to NW6, I would first need ...

Netware 4.x How to see directories and files and user, prog and sys volume
Hi From Netware 4.x server can I see directories and files and user, prog and sys volume? Harish India Toward what end do you want to see these -- administration at the file level is done from a workstation logged into the server. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Are you asking how you can see the file system from the server console? If so, do this at the console propmpt: Load netbasic Shell You then have a dos-like interface you can see files, directories and volumes on. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp...

NetWare to NetWare file copy problem
Hello All, We are trying to copy files from a Netware 6.5 server (SP6) to a newer NetWare 6.5 (SP7) server. We are copying an entire volume, VOL1. The source server has a 33GB volume with about 4GB of free space. When we start the copy the disk space on the source server drops and eventually the copy stops when space on the source server runs out. The destination servers volume is 200GB, so I have no idea why the source server is running out of space. We are doing the copy from a Windows XP PC, and to me it looks like the Netware server is doing some type of caching but not ...

Client 4.83 or 4.90 for XP connecting to NetWare 4.11 server error code 8804
I loaded the Novell Client for XP version 4.83 and also tried 4.90 but, as shown below, there seems to be a problem with the login script mappings. Results window displays: Your current context is FINGERMATE User: FM95 Context: FINGERMATE Your current tree is: Fingermate You are attached to server FM1. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/AR] The error code was 8804. LOGIN-LGNWNT32.DLL-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. [INS S16:=FM1_SYS:PUBLIC/JKDATA/I...

Netware 4.10
Hi, I've just started with a company that has an old Netware 4.10 server that will need to be upgraded soon. At a former company I migrated many Netware servers from 3.x to 5.x, including implementing NDS and all the usual stuff that you do when migrating / upgrading servers. I've been away from Netware for a while and for the most part, I'd like to keep this company on Netware or - as I've seen - "the future of Netware" - Linux as I understand it. The newest version seems to be 6.5. Is a 4.10 to 6.5 migration / update supported? I've done bo...

Netware 4.10
Hi, I have a customer running netware 4.10, what is the latest service pack that should be installed and are there any new DS updates that I should install. Thanks, John G. jagaman@adelphia.net 4.10 doesn't have a service pack -- there is a collection of updates: NetWare v4.10 (Listed newest to oldest) Available from: http://support.novell.com/filefinder/384/index.html STRTL8A.EXE STREAMS.NLM & TLI.NLM 23AUG2000 NAM41D.EXE Name Space Updates 06JUN2000 LIBUPJ4.EXE Modular CLIB.NLM ...

i want to upgrade Netware 4.10 to 4.11 help me
i'm a newbie ... i have 2 server netware 4.10 called "UNO" and "TRE" ... now both are netware 4.10 and for a distaster i migrate to vmware esx without problem ... i want to be able to upgrade the 2 server the intranetware 4.11 with last support pack but i don't find solution in internet ... anyone can help me? -- kjws ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kjws, > i'm a newbie ... i have 2 server netware 4.10 called "UNO" and "TRE" ... > now both are netware 4.10 and for a distaste...

Netware 4.1 to Netware 6.5 how?????
Hello I need help on how to upgrade Netware 4.1 to Netware 6.5 I installed Netware 4.1 on a single network server with 5 workstations back in 1995. Since then I have only had to upgrade some patches to correct for y2k. The server has been running great, but now the servers hardware is giving troulbe. Thank You Tom How many users? With <30 or so, I would just do a new install. You need a fairly differently configured box to do 6.5 -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com You can also try checking out the "Netware Migration Wizard" at ...

Web resources about - Error reading file Q-00D8.SYS Netware 4.10 - novell.support.netware.4x

Economy of Reading, Berkshire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whilst located close enough to London to be sometimes regarded as part of the London commuter belt , Reading is a net inward destination for ...

Reading Recovery program used in 960 NSW public schools does not work
... not work. A key $55 million-a-year program to teach struggling NSW students to read does not work, with the state's first major review of Reading ...

Guess Who Else Is Reading Your Legal Blog? Moochers And Competitors.
How do you convert moochers into paying clients through your blog?

Celebrities reading mean tweets about themselves is the funniest thing you’ll watch today
... and read various mean things that have been posted to Twitter . Of course, the subject of each mean tweet is always the celebrity who is reading ...

Weekend Reading: Buffer: 27 Questions to Ask Instead of “What Do You Do?”
**Buffer**: [27 Questions to Ask Instead of “What Do You Do?”](https://medium.com/keep-learning-keep-growing/27-question-to-ask-instead-of-w ...

Recommended Reading: The harsh realities of internet fame
Recommended Reading highlights the best long-form writing on technology and more in print and on the web. Some weeks, you'll also find short ...

The 'Home Alone' Kid Is All Grown-Up And Crazy, And 'Star Wars' Gets A Bad Lip Reading
Macaulay Culkin reprises his role as Kevin McCallister from 'Home Alone' and the Bad Lip Reading crew take on 'Star Wars.'

Finally: Star Wars Gets The Bad Lip Reading Treatment
"Stay nasty." Just in time for the new movie's release, these are three bad lip reading videos from the original Star Wars trilogy. They're ...

These New Minimalist Stephen King Book Covers Will Remind You Why Reading is Scary
If you were already freaked out by Stephen King’s horrible psyche before, then this could make things a tad worse. Scribner is releasing a ton ...

Reading Smart Cards from a PLC
If you’ve spent any time on a factory or plant floor, it is a good bet you’ve run into PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers). These are rugged ...