Problems with LPR printing on Zebra printer

I have a Zebra TLP3844z printer with a built in print server.  I can
print to it with a W2K workstation set up to print LPR with the queue
name set to "lpt1", without the " chars, LPR Byte Counting enabled.
When I try to set it up as an NDPS printer with the port name set to
"lpt1" it does not work.  The printer eats the data, but prints nothing.
  I have tried several other port names as suggested in the TID, however
all behave the same.  Interesting when set up NDPS, I can get the
printer properties page to get it to print a configuration page, which
is a 3 byte command the driver send through the interface, so I know
that the driver is talking to the printer through the network interface.
  For what its is worth, the server running NDPS is NW5.1 SP8.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Gus
0
Gus
5/19/2005 4:47:46 PM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Gus,

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at
http://support.novell.com.
correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
5/24/2005 8:32:31 AM
Did you solve that problem? We have Zebra TLP 2844-Z and it is not
printing through NDPS whatever I do. I tried portLF1, PASSTHROUGH,
PORTLF1. I can see job comes into internal printserverver, but nothing is
printed, however.

Nagant
nagant@post.cz

0
nagant
12/9/2005 12:17:02 PM
Well try to use Seagullscientific's Zebra drivers instead of Zebra's Zebra
drivers. It looks like they are working... :-))
Driver download at:
http://www.seagullscientific.com/aspx/thermal_95.aspx
Nagant
0
nagant

Problem with NDPS Printing via LPR on remote printer
I have some problem with LPR on NDPS Printer Agent. Scenario : WS - Win XP, NW Client 4.90.0.0, in Windows is installed Printer with name NDPS, this Printer is shared with name NDPS, Testing Page is printed OK, furthere are inslalled TCP/IP Print Services and these Services are started. WS is pinging on NW server correctly. In NDS is createdv NDPS Printer ( with name NDPS ), name of Printer Agent is the same - NDPS, is used Novell Printer Gateway, PDS is used Generic and is used Novell Port Handler, Connection is LPR on IP, is used correct IP of WS ( NW server is pinging on WS wi...

Problem with NDPS Printing via LPR on remote printer
I have some problem with LPR on NDPS Printer Agent. Scenario : WS - Win XP, NW Client 4.90.0.0, in Windows is installed Printer with name NDPS, this Printer is shared with name NDPS, Testing Page is printed OK, furthere are inslalled TCP/IP Print Services and these Services are started. WS is pinging on NW server correctly. In NDS is createdv NDPS Printer ( with name NDPS ), name of Printer Agent is the same - NDPS, is used Novell Printer Gateway, PDS is used Generic and is used Novell Port Handler, Connection is LPR on IP, is used correct IP of WS ( NW server is pinging on WS ...

Problems printing to LPR enabled NDPS printer from Windows clients
Hi, We have some users who have their own laptops which they use on campus, and want to print to the departmental printers, but don't want the full novell client installing on their machines. As some of our NDPS printers are lpr enabled for the benifit of the Linux/Mac users, I'd like to be able to point our users at the printers this way. However whatever I do I cannot seem to get this to work. What I am doing is as follows :- From windows : 1) Settings->printers->add printer 2) Select a local printer and then elect to create a new port 3) select sta...

NDPS-Printing problem with ink jet printers
hi all, We have following problem: all ours HP ink jet printers cannot print several copies of a page (e.g. DJ 1120, 1125, 2500). If I install the printer on LPTx with NDPS-driver then I can choice and print several copies. If the printer is connected to \\NDPSxx you can choice several copies but only one copy is printed out. With LaserJet printers we have no problems. NW6SP2 Server + WinXPSP1 Workstations with NW483SP2d Client Any ideas? This is a Printer/Driver issue. By configuring the Printer on LPT1, many of the print options get handled by Windows Local Prin...

Status of NDPS printer is "Printing" but the print job never prints.
I'm in the process of converting all of my printers to NDPS. The status of one of the printers is "Printing" but the print job never prints. I'm not having a problem with the rest of them. Any ideas? Thanks. Lauren Lauren, is it possible to reveal details or do we have to guess ? :) What OS and SP, which clients, what gateway type, what type of printserver ? -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop "Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your life. ... Be generous, always." Mark Greene in "On ...

Problem using NDPS printing to remote printer after XP SP2 upgrade
This installation uses NW 6.0, SP3 For some printers, we are setup to do remote printing via workstations with attached HP printers. The workstations are using WinXP, and have the print services for UNIX loaded to service jobs using NDPS on the Novell server. After upgrading the first of these workstations with attached network printers to WinXP SP2, we are no longer able to print to the HP printer through the network. On the server we get a "needs attention" prompt. Actually we've found a solution, but it's not a good long term choice. WinXP SP2 has an...

Problem printing to Line Printer (Printronix Printer)
Hi ... I got problem printing when I can't print from datawindows (use command dw_1.print()) to line printer (model Printronix via print server AXIS560). This printer I can print through windows base application like word, notepad and also web pages. And the datawindows has no problem printing to laser printer or dot matrix printer. I suspect, maybe datawindows doesn't support line printer like this or I some setting need to perform ... anybody can help me .. TQ. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Printing to a Zebra Printer
Just wondering what the best way to write to a Zebra printer is. We can easily format and export the text file (with the printer commands) but what's the best way to get that file to the printer? Thanks! Pete Hi I'm printing in my PB application directly from PB in this mode: PrintSetup() // select Zebra printer Job = PrintOpen() PrintSend(Job,String1) PrintSend(Job,String2) PrintSend(Job,String3) PrintSend(Job,...) PrintClose(Job) String 1,2,3,... are the same code that now you export in the text file. I try ...

NDPS and LPR support
Hi, Am in process of migrating from queue-based to NDPS printing (and ultimately to iPrint if I can get it to work). PCs can print OK, but am trying to set up LPR support for Unix stations. I have enabled LPR/LPD support on printer agents, but am confused by the LPR Host/LPR Printer information I am seeing for these printers in iManager. The LPR Host for all my printers is showing up as "0.1.144.178" . Where is it getting this weird address? Shouldn't this be a server name? I have several offices - each running their own local broker/manager, and this address is s...

LPR printing problems
We recently migrated from Queue-based printing with Services for Unix to NDPS on Netware 6 with SP3. Also, we're using the HP NDPS Gateway 3.00b for communicating with our printers. Since this migration, we've encountered a rather difficult problem with truncated print jobs. Originally, we resolved this by increasing our timeouts from 3 seconds to 50 seconds. However, we're now encountering the same problem when printing large (over 100 page) batch reports from our Unix/VMS systems through lpr. The print job runs correct for the first 60-80 pages and then dies...

NDPS Printer problem
We have Windows 2003 Server with NovellClient 4.91Sp1 and about 50 NDPS Controlled Access Printers. Probelem is that those printers status goes Not Available every now and then.Any ideas? Jukka Olantera Paijat-Hame Hospital District Finland , > We have Windows 2003 Server with NovellClient 4.91Sp1 and about 50 NDPS > Controlled Access Printers. Probelem is that those printers status goes Not > Available every now and then.Any ideas? > Is that the only box it happens on? What version and servicepacks do you have on the NW server running NDPS? - Anders Gustafsson, ...

Printing to NDPS Printers
I have a user on XP who cannot print to any NDPS printer. I have a couple of direct IP printers that work fine for him. Thequeues all showed as greyed out. We deleted and reinstalled the printers on his PC to no avail. Others print to the queues with problems. We use Netware 6.5 SP2 and the PC has the 4.9 SP2 client. Tried to reinstall client with no change. Scott Kendall Coeur d'Alene Mines Corp Perhaps try exporting the "Print Provider Order" from a working PC to the Non-Working PC. A total shot in the dark, but corruption can occur there and cause some odd...

NDPS Printing problems
I setup a Netware 6.5 server to be my print server and it is in a different Tree than the login server. The Broker, Manager and HP Gateway are all setup and running on it. I do not want people to login or take up any licensed connection on this box. The login server is a Netware 4.2 in a Tree different from the Netware 6.5 server. I setup an NDPS Public Access Printer and installed it to a local workstation (Windows 98), Novell client 3.40.0.0. I can send a print job to it from various applications but am only able to print the first page of a document the whole docum...

LPR print problem...
One of our clients have several LPR printer (rather than RAW type printers that we have always used) that print jobs from our PB application print nothing only spit out blank sheets. Printing from other applications to these LPT printers is not a problem, only from our PB application. Until now I really have not even heard of LPR. ALl along I call the dw Print(), it prints and everyone is happy. Has anyone seen anything similar to this or can shed some light on it, or possibly educate me as to how something different may have to be done from within Powerbuilder. I couldn't fi...

Web resources about - Problems with LPR printing on Zebra printer - novell.support.ndps-neps

Malcolm Turnbull's first 100 days as Prime Minister: Successes and problems
December 23 marks 100 full days as Prime Minister for Malcolm Turnbull. How has he fared? Lisa Cox looks at his successes and the headaches. ...

[...]

"When there’s a problem, people need someone or something to blame. Among L.A. residents peeved with ...
... they’d take their garden-wrecking, loudly squawking, prolifically pooping selves and fly the coop...." Did you know L.A. has a peacock problem ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... made their way to Europe this year. Every country is complaining now, even Germany. So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem ...

Maps Minutes Hack #7: No signal, no problem. Navigate your holiday travels with Google Maps offline
Part of our series on how to save time this holiday season with Google Maps. This time of year, millions take a road trip home for the holidays ...

Oakland Airport On Alert; Southwest Flight Encounters Problem
CBS Local Oakland Airport On Alert; Southwest Flight Encounters Problem CBS Local FORT LAUDERDALE, FL - SEPTEMBER 27: A Southwest airplane ...