nptwin.95 upgrade to iprint?

I have been really slow getting upgraded, but I finally took the plunge
on the workstation that has a printer attached that served as the network
printer. I used to use the nprinter, since it was running os windows 98.
Can I use the same nprinter for os windows xp (my server is running
netware5.1)??

Tom
0
tg
12/27/2005 4:44:37 AM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

,
> I used to use the nprinter, since it was running os windows 98.
> Can I use the same nprinter for os windows xp (my server is running
> netware5.1)??

If your question is: "Can I use a locally attached printer" then yes,
it is far better to get a cheap printserver box though, but if you
insist, then install the LPD/LPR services that come with 2000/Xp and
use it just like any other LPR printer in NDPS.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
12/27/2005 7:54:16 AM
> ,
> > I used to use the nprinter, since it was running os windows 98.
> > Can I use the same nprinter for os windows xp (my server is running
> > netware5.1)??
> >
> If your question is: "Can I use a locally attached printer" then yes,
> it is far better to get a cheap printserver box though, but if you
> insist, then install the LPD/LPR services that come with 2000/Xp and
> use it just like any other LPR printer in NDPS.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.

Great, I'll look for one but as a short term solution that I can fix
quickly would you mind giving me a quick run down on how lpr printers are
installed or reference where I can find such. Thanks.

Tom
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
tg
12/27/2005 2:26:51 PM
,
> Great, I'll look for one but as a short term solution that I can fix
> quickly would you mind giving me a quick run down on how lpr printers are
> installed or reference where I can find such. Thanks.

Google is your friend:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/corp-net-guide/printserving-lpr-windows.html

In NWadmin32 just define the printer and choose LPR and the IP address of the WS.

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
12/27/2005 4:06:14 PM
To setup a workstation attatched printer to use NDPS
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10060125.htm -
(nt/2k/xp natively can do that, but to do that with win9x use lpd from
http://www.kabelmax.de).

There used to be a LPR/LPD server on a floppy, supported NDPS & was free,
here  http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/ however it appears to be dead. If
anyone knows where this lives now could you let me know?

http://www.abend.org Novell news for professionals
<tg.pacifictradewinds@att.net> wrote in message
>> ,
>> > I used to use the nprinter, since it was running os windows 98.
>> > Can I use the same nprinter for os windows xp (my server is running
>> > netware5.1)??
>> >
>> If your question is: "Can I use a locally attached printer" then yes,
>> it is far better to get a cheap printserver box though, but if you
>> insist, then install the LPD/LPR services that come with 2000/Xp and
>> use it just like any other LPR printer in NDPS.
>>
>> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>>
>> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
>
> Great, I'll look for one but as a short term solution that I can fix
> quickly would you mind giving me a quick run down on how lpr printers are
> installed or reference where I can find such. Thanks.
>
> Tom
>> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
>> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>>
>> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Keith