Can't add drivers to NDPS

Hi all,

I am having a problem adding HP LaserJet 5p drivers to my broker.

I can click the add and the browse, but when I select the correct .inf

file I can't click the okay button.

I'm using windows XP with the newest client.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

0
mark
6/10/2003 3:52:04 PM
novell.support.ndps-neps 2772 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mark, you don't say what application you're using to add the drivers
(nwadmin or console1).  A few years back I had a similar problem with

Nwadmn32 and Win2K.  First I had to upgrade to version 5.1.9f.  I was

then able to add the needed drivers by running "NWADMN32.EXE
/disableTLSMGR"
Note the entire switch after the slash is all one word (no spaces).

Mark wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a problem adding HP LaserJet 5p drivers to my broker.
>
> I can click the add and the browse, but when I select the correct
..inf
> file I can't click the okay button.
>
> I'm using windows XP with the newest client.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mark

Interesting...  I just recently had to rebuild my ws (win2000) and
installed the same client and have the same behaviour.  Haven't had
time to track it down -- or rather taken time to track it down --
since
I am able to do what I need via Win98 box.

I'll see what I can find out though.
--

-Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp]

0
Barry
6/10/2003 7:06:49 PM
Oh, forgot I *did* already get this working.  Add the /disabletlsmgr
switch to the NWAdmn32.exe commandline.
--

-Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp]

0
Barry
6/10/2003 7:13:37 PM
Barry St.John <ChicagoCubsFan@CompuServe.com> wrote in message
> Oh, forgot I *did* already get this working.  Add the /disabletlsmgr

> switch to the NWAdmn32.exe commandline.

I used the /disabletlsmgr to run NWAdmin32.exe.

I can browse to the directory where the .inf file is, it just won't
let me click okay after I select it.

I think I'm going to wipe out NDPS find the latest version for SBS 5.1

Mark

0
mark
6/11/2003 1:58:05 AM
Mark, I don't know what to tell you but I tried a WinXP (SP1)
workstation with a Novell Client 4.83(SP2).  I have a 5.1 (SP3) server

with NDPS v2.1.4, Broker is 3.00b and NWadmn 5.1.9f.  I was able to
add/replace drivers with the /disableTLSMGR switch.

Mark wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a problem adding HP LaserJet 5p drivers to my broker.
>
> I can click the add and the browse, but when I select the correct
..inf
> file I can't click the okay button.
>
> I'm using windows XP with the newest client.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mark

Sorry, I don't know what else to offer.
--

-Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp]

0
Barry
6/11/2003 9:49:32 PM
After you select the inf, does a description of the printer appear
(ie: hp
laserjet 5)? I'm having a similar problem with a Xerox printer. I can
browse
to the printer's inf file, however after I select it nothing appears
in the
description window, therfore the OK button is grayed out. I'm assuming
it is
in a problem with the inf file being designed without NDPS in mind,
becuase
in XP I can change the driver of an existing printer, highlight the
..inf
file and it shows what the correct printer model is that I'm adding.
I just don't know what to add to the inf to get NDPS to reconize the
printer.

"Mark" <mark@southwesterncc.com> wrote in message
> Barry St.John <ChicagoCubsFan@CompuServe.com> wrote in message
> > Oh, forgot I *did* already get this working.  Add the
/disabletlsmgr
> > switch to the NWAdmn32.exe commandline.
>
> I used the /disabletlsmgr to run NWAdmin32.exe.
>
> I can browse to the directory where the .inf file is, it just won't
> let me click okay after I select it.
>
> I think I'm going to wipe out NDPS find the latest version for SBS
5.1

> Mark

0
Greg

Can't Find NDPS Error code anywhere, Can't add printer drivers via iManager
NW 6 SP3 WIN XP SP1 client 4.83 sp1 (and what ever versions of the broker comes with sp3) I go into the broker, into RMS, select the Windows 2k/xp drivers. It does not matter if I choose to Add from File or Add from System, I recieve the same error: [in red] Exception saving resource print drivers configuration NDPS Library Error Category: 1060004h Other Error: FFFFFC62h I can't find that error anywhere on the support areas, nor, will it let me add any print drivers. Yes, I have chosen older .INF files just in case of the new INF problem as discussed in a TID. I&...

Can't find way to update NDPS driver
I have a new NDPS printer on a Netware 6.5SP8 server. The printer is being installed to the same IP address etc. as the old printer, so I simply want to modify the existing NDPS printer to update to the new driver. Can't find any way to make this work. I *finally* got NWADMIN working, for the most part, with an update to deal with the TLS issue; however, if I try to add drivers via the resource manager on the broker, the "Browse" button does nothing, so I can't get to the files in their location. In addition, the printer comes with an INF file and CAT fil...

NT Workstation can't download NDPS printer drivers
I've got three workstations running NT SP6, client 4.90SP2. On two of them I've happily installed NDPS printers, downloading the drivers from the broker. The third can see the NDPS printers, but clicking on one to install it gives the following error message: "Could not connect to the printer. The printer name is invalid." The only obvious difference I can see is that the "problem" workstation is using IPX only (on a token ring network) while the two which work run both IP and IPX on Ethernet. Network is mostly NW6.5SP4 servers (including the ...

NDPS Add Printer Drivers--Browse Button Doesn't Work
I'm trying to add a printer driver to NDPS. I have tried running NWAdmin off two different servers (including, of course, the one which acts as the Broker) and off two different workstations (both of which have the NDPS client components installed). I open my Broker object, click on the RMS button, click Add Resources, select the resource type (Win2K drivers), click Add (at which point I see the drivers already installed), and then Browse to find the driver files on the printer installation CD. But Browse does nothing. Is this a known bug with a fix? If not, can I copy the...

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

Can't add server to tree/can't remove server.
I don't know where to start in this saga. I was merrily installing SP5 to my treee with 4 OES netware servers(all with SP4) when the second one hung because it couldn't expand a zip file. Maybe I could have recovered at that point but there was no indication that it was bacause of low disk space or anything like that. I decided to down the server (only used for NDPS printing, about 15 printers, Not that much to rebuild) Cleaned up the tree, rebuilt the server, did my DS maintenance, Could not install new server into tree. Several attempts, lots of maintenance, no success...

Can't add users to CC list because they can't edit the product
I've just found that I can't add some users as CC on a bug, apparently beca= use they can't edit the Product. I know they can't edit it. That's fine. I just want to add them as CC on the bug. The bug's visibility has been changed so that they can see it (Read-only ac= cess). Can anyone tell me why not being able to edit it is stopping them being add= ed as CCs? Surely that's not relevant ? Uncertainly, Richard. Richard Kerry Colledia Control Engineer Siemens IT Solutions and Services Ltd Room 457 Drama Building, BBC Television Centre, Wo...

Can't add Satellite Server (can't even find option)
Hi there, I have a little Prolem managing a Satellite Server. First of all here's my Environment: I'm using a SLES 10 SP2 as OS with ZCM 10.0.3 installed on it. The server's location is the central DMZ of my Test-Environment of my fictive Company. There are several further Subnets, representing external locations of my fictive Company. In each Subnet there is a Windows XP-Client with the ZCM-Agent installed on it. The devices are listed correctly in the "Devices"-Section. Now I want to make my Windows-Clients a Satellite-Server. In the Admin-Guide t...

I can add a property just fine, but I can't 'Edit'
Here is my dilemma. Our company has three levels of user - Exec, Staff, and Nonperson (i.e. an account that represents a role and not an individual - such as 'administrator'). Currently this information is in nested groups - i.e. there is an 'Exec' group that contains 'ny-exec' and 'la-exec', etc. I wrote a script that set the 'employeeType' attribute for members of one of these groups. This code worked fine, here is a snippet: Dim type As String = IIf(exec.Checked, "Executive", "Staff") Dim individual As DirectoryEntry = root 'Root is the person's ...

Can't find EDM wizard (can't add ADO.NET Entity Data Model)
I'm having trouble getting started with EDM.  I'm ultimately trying to experiment with ASP.NET Data Services.  I have never installed any ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTPs.  However, I have installed VS2008 SP1 Beta1 and .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta 1.  Based on the list of features in SP1 Beta 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8C36ACA4-E947-4760-9B05-93CAC04C6F87&displaylang=en ) I believe I should have both EDM support and Data Services support. When I try to add a new item to my VS2008 project, ADO.NET Entity Data Model is not in the list.&nb...

Web resources about - Can't add drivers to NDPS - novell.support.ndps-neps