request for authentication with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp

When I use the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp tool to install a printer or to

install the ipp client, I get a request to authenticate.  To
authenticate, I have to use the full user context identification ie.
efarmer.mt.mvctc.  Ironically, if I cancel the authentication--do no
authentication-- I can still do the same updates, no problem.  Is
there
a way to not have the request for authentication come up?  If not, is

there a way to have contextless login?

0
Ed
6/12/2003 2:58:48 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ed

There is no way currently to use contextless login with iprint. As far

as authenticating on port 631, there should be no need unless one of
the
printers listed there is using high security. When you do this I have

found that you need to login.

Andy Betts

--
Andy

0
Andy
6/12/2003 7:55:16 PM
Thanks for the reply.  None of my servers is high security.  Is there

any way to keep the request for login from appearing?

Luckily, it appears that using the map facility does not bring up the

login request, so I can have the user install a printer from there
without a login.  However, when they need to install the ipp client
they
still get the baffy useless login request.+

Andy Betts wrote:

> Ed
>
> There is no way currently to use contextless login with iprint. As
far
> as authenticating on port 631, there should be no need unless one of
the
> printers listed there is using high security. When you do this I
have
> found that you need to login.
>
> Andy Betts
>
> Ed Farmer wrote:
>
>> When I use the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp tool to install a printer or
>> install the ipp client, I get a request to authenticate.  To
>> authenticate, I have to use the full user context identification
ie.
>> efarmer.mt.mvctc.  Ironically, if I cancel the authentication--do
no
>> authentication-- I can still do the same updates, no problem.  Is
>> there a way to not have the request for authentication come up?  If

>> not, is there a way to have contextless login?

0
Ed
6/13/2003 4:25:57 PM
Ed

In iManager, go to iprint management and then Manage Print service
manager. Do any of the printers there that have enable iPrint checked

also have the secure box checked?

Andy Betts

Ed Farmer wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.  None of my servers is high security.  Is
there
> any way to keep the request for login from appearing?
>
> Luckily, it appears that using the map facility does not bring up
the
> login request, so I can have the user install a printer from there
> without a login.  However, when they need to install the ipp client
they
> still get the baffy useless login request.+
>
> Andy Betts wrote:
>
>> Ed
>>
>> There is no way currently to use contextless login with iprint. As
far
>> as authenticating on port 631, there should be no need unless one
of
>> the printers listed there is using high security. When you do this
>> have found that you need to login.
>>
>> Andy Betts
>>
>> Ed Farmer wrote:
>>
>>> When I use the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp tool to install a printer
or
>>> to install the ipp client, I get a request to authenticate.  To
>>> authenticate, I have to use the full user context identification
ie.
>>> efarmer.mt.mvctc.  Ironically, if I cancel the authentication--do
no
>>> authentication-- I can still do the same updates, no problem.  Is

>>> there a way to not have the request for authentication come up?
If
>>> not, is there a way to have contextless login?

0
Andy
6/16/2003 2:44:17 PM
Thanks for the response, I was out yesterday.

I don't see anywhere in the Manage Print Service manager where I can
get
information on the stataus of the security level.  When I go to the
enable Iprint, I do not have SSL.  When I go the the Print managaer
screen on the server, the printers are all at medium security.  Is
there
anyplace I can learn what low, medium and high mean as far a serurity
goes?

Andy Betts wrote:

> Ed
>
> In iManager, go to iprint management and then Manage Print service
> manager. Do any of the printers there that have enable iPrint
checked
> also have the secure box checked?
>
> Andy Betts
>
> Ed Farmer wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply.  None of my servers is high security.  Is
there
>> any way to keep the request for login from appearing?
>>
>> Luckily, it appears that using the map facility does not bring up
the
>> login request, so I can have the user install a printer from there

>> without a login.  However, when they need to install the ipp client

>> they still get the baffy useless login request.+
>>
>> Andy Betts wrote:
>>
>>> Ed
>>>
>>> There is no way currently to use contextless login with iprint. As

>>> far as authenticating on port 631, there should be no need unless
one
>>> of the printers listed there is using high security. When you do
this
>>> I have found that you need to login.
>>>
>>> Andy Betts

If

0
Ed
6/17/2003 1:39:35 PM
Ed

Try :-

http://www.novell.com/documentation/lg/nw6p/index.html?page=/documentation/lg/nw6p/iprntenu/data/hk4ovawv.html

This cool solutions article may also help you check out your
settings:-

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netware/features/a_config_iprint_nw.html

Andy Betts

Ed Farmer wrote:
> Thanks for the response, I was out yesterday.
>
> I don't see anywhere in the Manage Print Service manager where I can
get
> information on the stataus of the security level.  When I go to the

> enable Iprint, I do not have SSL.  When I go the the Print managaer

> screen on the server, the printers are all at medium security.  Is
there
> anyplace I can learn what low, medium and high mean as far a
serurity goes?

> Andy Betts wrote:
>
>> Ed
>>
>> In iManager, go to iprint management and then Manage Print service

>> manager. Do any of the printers there that have enable iPrint
checked
>> also have the secure box checked?
>>
>> Andy Betts
>>
>> Ed Farmer wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the reply.  None of my servers is high security.  Is
there
>>> any way to keep the request for login from appearing?
>>>
>>> Luckily, it appears that using the map facility does not bring up
the
>>> login request, so I can have the user install a printer from there

>>> without a login.  However, when they need to install the ipp
client
>>> they still get the baffy useless login request.+

As

0
Andy

Tarpitting active for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ??
Sending email to a particular domain is giving me a message on GWIA "DMN: Send Failure: 421 4.0.0 Tarpitting active for [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]" where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the public IP of my GWIA. What is this? I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of mailbomb protection if you're trying to send to tons of recepients at a particular mail server/domain, but my message only listed 4 recepients. James JJB wrote: > What is this? > > I see some references on the Internet to tarpitting intended as a form of > mailbomb prot...

Did Not receive identification string from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hello. I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two strings with the above format i.e: - Did not receive identification from 61.152.223.195 Did not receive identification string from 222.242.199.132 Both are appearing as entries for sshd. I have enabled ssh and port 22 is opened. What does this mean? -- gakiimurerwa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Fri, 16 May 2008 08:56:02 +0000, gakiimurerwa wrote: > > Hello. > > I was checking my /var/log/messages this morning and found two string...

Received a Decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
I get these errors every once in a while Received a Decline packet for address... Today I noticed that the IP address it has listed was being used (DHCP) earlier, but the person using that machine has rebooted so it grabbed a new IP. Now that machine is holding 2 IP addresses, one Dynamic (in use) and the other one is marked Unathorized by the DNS/DHCP client. For some reason DHCP is holding onto that IP address for the machine even though it's not using it. I wanted to manually release it, but the only option I could see was "Delete" and that doesn't sound good. I ...

NTP server error.
Just switched all our servers over from timesync to ntp. I have setup 2 servers, one on each side of a wan link to get time from the internet and also be peer to peer with each other. I get the following error on the one. - peer authentication failure Unable to take time from the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx as the keys are not matching. Ensure that you have the right keys I looked for the error, but couldn't find it. Any ideas here? Thanks Bill Hmmm, I didn't think NTP required any form of authentication or used keys at all. In any case you might run sdidiag an...

Someone on address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx wants to send ICMP packet to your machine?
application tcpip.kernal driver Anyone know what this is? the IP address resolves to serial1-10.xxx.xxxx.alter.net. I keep getting the same request over and over again Thanks SE "Lawrence Baldwin" <baldwinL@mynetwatchman.com> wrote in message news:a6o8pu$259o$1@news.grc.com... > Given that the source is a UUnet router, this could be the root cause: > http://www.mynetwatchman.com/kb/security/backscat.htm > "SE" <watertoo@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:a6m3uv$2sa4$1@news.grc.com... > > application tcpip.kernal dri...

use of Inherits="xxx.xxx.xxx"
Can someone please tell me the exact use of Inherits word used in the page level directive? example, <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="default_new.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="myapp.default_new" %> thanks in advancefeed the creative machine Hi, taken from this url: @ Page I found this: Inherits Defines a code-behind class for the page to inherit. This can be any class derived from the Page class. For information about code-behind classes, see Web Forms Code Model. Grz, Kris.Read my blog. H...

IP alerts in ZAP for 216.xxx.xxx.xxx
Hi I have been getting a lot of alerts from IP's begining with the IP 216. It always appears to try and get in on port 80. These have been happening at an interval of about every 5 to 10 min. The rest of the IP number after 216 is different but some are the same. this has been happening for several days now Is there any need to worry about this?? Thanks in advance Examples The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (HTTP) from 216.214.141.171 (TCP Port 2535) [TCP Flags: S]. Time: 8/10/2001 9:14:30 AM The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer...

SM does not get rid of xxx.msf or xxx.dat on unsubscribing from xxx?
When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: > When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of > the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} folder. Built in. In case you want to re-subscribe. You can delete them if you wish Moz Champion (Dan) wrote: > Rostyslaw Lewyckyj wrote: >> When I unsubscribe from a newsgroup xxx, why does SM not get rid of >> the xxx.msf or xxx.dat files in the pppppppp/News/{server} f...

What about 169.254.xxx.xxx ?
Steve, Thought you might like to add to the web pages somewhere that Microsoft Windows' single desktops that aren't already in a Network often "autoconfig" their LAN cards to: 169.254.xxx.xxx at bootup! Any idea why they do that? I looked it up at IANA, and it comes back as: =========================================== NetRange: 169.254.0.0 - 169.254.255.255 CIDR: 169.254.0.0/16 NetName: LINKLOCAL NetHandle: NET-169-254-0-0-1 Parent: NET-169-0-0-0-0 NetType: IANA Special Use NameServer: BLACKHOLE-1.IANA.ORG NameServer: BLACKHOLE-2.IA...

Receive a decline packet for address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxt/unauthorized assignment type
Hi, I am running netware 5.1 sp7 and dhcpsrvr 313c and this is the dilemma: I am receiving decline packets on the dhcp server console and the addresses that are showing up are in the dhcp console with an assignment type of Unauthorized. If I check through the IP range the machine that holds the Unauthorized assignment type will have more than one IP address listed for each machine that is reporting this error. I tried TID 10014757 and had the SET UNAUTHORIZED IP SCAN INTERVAL =1. That released the IP's back to dynamic so I changed it to =8 so that it would have less impact on the netw...

xxx
-- xxx ...

xxx
Name: Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: xxx Comments: Best Firefox yet. Opens much much quicker. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2b4) Gecko/20091124 Firefox/3.6b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

xxx
Name: internetcafe Product: Bon Echo Summary: xxx Comments: aa Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

xxx
[This followup was posted to mozilla.test and a copy was sent to the cited author.] ...

Web resources about - request for authentication with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:631/ipp - novell.support.iprint

New Tools to Optimize App Authentication
At f8, we announced a redesigned Auth Dialog and a new authentication flow to give developers more control over people’s first experience with ...

Facebook Tells Some Developers They Have 48 Hours to Fix Authentication Data Leaks
... sent an email to what it calls a “very small percentage of the developer community” informing them their apps are suspected of leaking authentication ...

Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices #DigInfo - YouTube
Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 9/3/2012 NFC & Smart WORLD 2012 Sony Authentication ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

ATO boosts service access via app and voice authentication
The ATO has announced it will extend its voice authentication system to its mobile app