Migrating NDPS from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 (New Server)

Good Afternoon -

I am working on migrating NDPS currently running on a NetWare 5.1
(about to be decommissioned) server.  I configured a new NetWare 6.5
server and need to move the Broker / Manager and Printers over to the
new box.

Can I simply load BROKER and MANAGER on the new server and then just
copy the resource directory where all drivers reside?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Dariusz

--
dariusz71

dariusz71
8/5/2008 5:46:02 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I believe you need to have a broker and manager loaded on the new server
anyway, but have a look at this before you start.

'Novell Documentation' (http://tinyurl.com/6g2loy)

Dave

--
Dave Wiseman,
*Too many letters to list*

0
dwiseman2

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Migrating DHCP from NetWare 5.1 to Netware 6.5 OES server
Yes...we still have some legacy NetWare 5.1 servers in production. Hard not to admire servers that haven't been rebooted in years :) That said - we're migrating and consolidating these remaining "vintage" NetWare boxes to virtual 6.5 OES servers. Is there a TID or defined procedure for performing this migration? Just one tree. The legacy 5.1 servers are on a subnet (VLAN) that we're abandoning - with the virtual servers being on a new VLAN. With multiple VLANs - we're using a dhcp helper in our core switch configuration - so we'll have to update ...

Have Groupwise 5.5 on Netware 5.1 going to Netware 6.5
HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade going to cause a problem. And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware 6.5 ? thanks Dave HI, dw@dymaxion.ca wrote: > > HI there...I have a client that wants to upgrade from Netware 5.1 to > 6.5...they have Groupwise 5.5 on that server at present...is the upgrade > going to cause a problem. MOst likely not, however... > And is Groupwise 5.5 compatiable with Netware > 6.5 ? Not officially. It will most ...

Netware 5.1, Netware 5.1 SP6, Netware 5.1 SP8, Nici
I'm building a test network that is currently a mess. This network will be used to test the migration of my 10 netware 5.1 Sp 6 servers to NW 6.5. I'm putting two netware 5.1 servers and one MS 2003 server into the test network. Testserver 1 is a 5.1 SP6 server with a master replica. When installing Testserver 2 using the NW51SP6 overlay, the installation failed with a css.nlm "waiting for xmgr" error. Consequently, I was going to create a 5.1 server and then install the SP6 overlay or the SP6 depending on what worked best. My NW51 original disks are scratched and...

Netware 6.5 server abends when trying to backup Netware 5.1 GW Server
I am trying to backup a netware 5.1 GW server from my new 6.5 server (all support packs are in). I am using brightstore 9 and am able to back up the 6.5 server but I get a Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000)fstape.nlm error when I try to back up the netware GW server. It seems to get to a certain step and then abends. with: Any help would be appreciated. Server ELBA-FS halted Tuesday, August 3, 2004 7:35:47.545 am Abend 1 on P00: Server-5.70.02: Page Fault Processor Exception (Error code 00000000) Registers: CS = 0060...

Migrating Netware 6.5 servers into a Netware 5 tree
We are currently running 4 Netware 5.0 servers with DS 7.58 installed. We want to migrate these servers over to newer servers that have Netware 6.5 freshly installed. We were wanting to do this one server at a time. What do we need to do to our existing tree in order to bring our Netware 6.5 servers over into the tree? Download the NW65sp1a overlay ISO and burn it to a cd (There are several CDs in the SP1a set). Run NWDeploy.exe from the root of the OS CD. THis will prepare the tree for your first NW6.5 server. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independant Experts...

Migrating Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5 Clustered...
Hello everybody. I have a Netware 5.1 server with 150 GB of data on SYS:. We final system is a two-node Netware 6.5 cluster with 36 GB SYS:-volume local in each server (HP DL360) and a MSA1000 with 1.5 TB of data. Since the local nodes can't "hold" the 150 GB of data, I had to get the MSA1000 into action. To do that, I needed to install the two nodes in a temporary tree and install the cluster software, which all works fine. But: If using Novell Migration Wizard, my destination isn't any of the nodes, but the virtual disk-system and I can't get this t...

Upgrading a Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5
I am part of a large tree. Before starting upgrade of Netware 5.1 server to Netware 6.5 I ran dsrepair and received no errors. During the Health check of the upgrade I received two warnings. They are Warning extend schema and repair schema. All the primary servers in the tree have already been upgraded to Netware 6.5. The admin of the primary servers control extend the schema. I am trying to find out if the warnings I received is something they need to repair or is there something else I need to do on my own server? I would appreciated any help I can get. Thanks Michel...

eDirectory version + migrating from Netware 5.1 to Netware 6.5
Hi, I planned on migrating from Netware 5.1 to netware 6.5 My edirectory version is 8.6.2 (DS 10330.03) I saw that one of the requirements is to have at least eDir 8.6.2 installed. So my question is : Do I have to upgrade my netware 5.1 servers to eDir 8.7.3.2 to ensure the upgrade to work well? Regards, Maurice TADANG , > So my question is : Do I have to upgrade my netware 5.1 servers to eDir > 8.7.3.2 to ensure the upgrade to work well? > No. 8.6.2 SP4 should suffice. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-for...

Migrating mulitple NetWare 5.1 servers to NetWare 6
I have successfully done a trial migration from an old NetWare 5.1 server to a NetWare 6 server. I am now faced with the task of up grading 10 of our Netware 5.1 servers to NetWare 6 servers on our WAN at the different remote sites. We have T1 links between the sites. What is the best order to carry out the migration, i.e. which server should I start with? Since it is recommended that the source, destination an client workstation be running on a common LAN segment, I guess I will have to be taking the client workstation and destination server to each si...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Web resources about - Migrating NDPS from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 (New Server) - novell.support.iprint

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

YouTube - Evaluating & Migrating to Cloud Storage
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2011 When evaluating cloud storage, no matter the need, there are criteria that must be placed above the rest, including: ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Enchanting video shows hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters
A video showing hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters has gone viral, months after being uploaded to Facebook.

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...