Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server

I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5.  I am rebuilding one 
of the servers.  I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it 
Netware 6.5 SP3.  I have iPrint running on the server that I am 
rebuilding.  I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I 
am going to have.  Is there a way that I can do that?  Thanks

Jason Roggentien
0
jroggen
7/12/2005 5:43:21 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
964 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 58
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping and rebuilding, etc.   

The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager.   The NDPS Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, etc are stored.   This database is backed up to eDirectory as a stream file.   So, you can load the NDPS Manager on another server, and either move the database from the original server/volume to the new server/volume,  OR,  you can restore from the eDirectory backup file..

So  a lot of what you are wanting to do depends on if both servers exist in the same tree.   You have 2 server, I assume one is hosting print, and you are going to rebuild the other, then move print to that server.   If this is the case, you should be able to do what I described above without much problem.  

Now migrating (same server) is a little more complicated in that you have to use the migraztion wizard.   

Also, if you are going to keep the server hardware in tact, and just upgrade the OS from NW6.0 to NW6.5, you could just run the in-place upgrade on the 6.0 server and then you should be set..

A lot depends on what you really want to do...

>>> <jroggen@encompassiowa.com> 7/12/2005 11:43:21 AM >>>
I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5.  I am rebuilding one 
of the servers.  I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it 
Netware 6.5 SP3.  I have iPrint running on the server that I am 
rebuilding.  I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that I 
am going to have.  Is there a way that I can do that?  Thanks

Jason Roggentien


0
iprint
7/12/2005 7:02:11 PM
Both servers do exist in the same tree.  Is there any set of instructions 
that I need to follow in order to do this.  I am assuming since both are 
in the same tree it will make things a bit easier, or is the way you 
explained it the best way to do it.  If it is I understand it, I was just 
wondering if there was any documentation.  Thanks for the help.

Jason Roggentien
> There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping 
and rebuilding, etc.   
> 
> The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager.   The NDPS 
Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, etc are 
stored.   This database is backed up to eDirectory as a stream file.   
So, you can load the NDPS Manager on another server, and either move the 
database from the original server/volume to the new server/volume,  OR,  
you can restore from the eDirectory backup file..
> 
> So  a lot of what you are wanting to do depends on if both servers 
exist in the same tree.   You have 2 server, I assume one is hosting 
print, and you are going to rebuild the other, then move print to that 
server.   If this is the case, you should be able to do what I described 
above without much problem.  
> 
> Now migrating (same server) is a little more complicated in that you 
have to use the migraztion wizard.   
> 
> Also, if you are going to keep the server hardware in tact, and just 
upgrade the OS from NW6.0 to NW6.5, you could just run the in-place 
upgrade on the 6.0 server and then you should be set..
> 
> A lot depends on what you really want to do...
> 
> >>> <jroggen@encompassiowa.com> 7/12/2005 11:43:21 AM >>>
> I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5.  I am rebuilding 
one 
> of the servers.  I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it 
> Netware 6.5 SP3.  I have iPrint running on the server that I am 
> rebuilding.  I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that 
I 
> am going to have.  Is there a way that I can do that?  Thanks
> 
> Jason Roggentien
> 
> 

0
jroggen
7/12/2005 7:21:37 PM
It should be as I said.   However, there is additional documentation in the NW65 docs.  Also, I suggested that this be a topic of a white paper type doc to be placed out on the support forum.   Look for it in August...

>>> <jroggen@encompassiowa.com> 7/12/2005 1:21 PM >>>
Both servers do exist in the same tree.  Is there any set of instructions 
that I need to follow in order to do this.  I am assuming since both are 
in the same tree it will make things a bit easier, or is the way you 
explained it the best way to do it.  If it is I understand it, I was just 
wondering if there was any documentation.  Thanks for the help.

Jason Roggentien
> There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping 
and rebuilding, etc.   
> 
> The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager.   The NDPS 
Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, etc are 
stored.   This database is backed up to eDirectory as a stream file.   
So, you can load the NDPS Manager on another server, and either move the 
database from the original server/volume to the new server/volume,  OR,  
you can restore from the eDirectory backup file..
> 
> So  a lot of what you are wanting to do depends on if both servers 
exist in the same tree.   You have 2 server, I assume one is hosting 
print, and you are going to rebuild the other, then move print to that 
server.   If this is the case, you should be able to do what I described 
above without much problem.  
> 
> Now migrating (same server) is a little more complicated in that you 
have to use the migraztion wizard.   
> 
> Also, if you are going to keep the server hardware in tact, and just 
upgrade the OS from NW6.0 to NW6.5, you could just run the in-place 
upgrade on the 6.0 server and then you should be set..
> 
> A lot depends on what you really want to do...
> 
> >>> <jroggen@encompassiowa.com> 7/12/2005 11:43:21 AM >>>
> I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5.  I am rebuilding 
one 
> of the servers.  I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it 
> Netware 6.5 SP3.  I have iPrint running on the server that I am 
> rebuilding.  I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server that 
I 
> am going to have.  Is there a way that I can do that?  Thanks
> 
> Jason Roggentien
> 
> 



0
iprint
7/13/2005 1:57:50 PM
I just have one more question.  The two servers are my INT server and FIL 
server.  The INT server holds iPrint and is the one that I am 
rebuilding.  The files that I have to move where would they be found?  I 
looked NSSVOL1 and SYS on the INT and found a NDPS folder on each volume 
are those the two that I need to move over?  Thanks

Jason Roggentien

> It should be as I said.   However, there is additional documentation in 
the NW65 docs.  Also, I suggested that this be a topic of a white paper 
type doc to be placed out on the support forum.   Look for it in August...
> 
> >>> <jroggen@encompassiowa.com> 7/12/2005 1:21 PM >>>
> Both servers do exist in the same tree.  Is there any set of 
instructions 
> that I need to follow in order to do this.  I am assuming since both 
are 
> in the same tree it will make things a bit easier, or is the way you 
> explained it the best way to do it.  If it is I understand it, I was 
just 
> wondering if there was any documentation.  Thanks for the help.
> 
> Jason Roggentien
> > There is a way to migrate, but it depends on what you mean by keeping 
> and rebuilding, etc.   
> > 
> > The server hosting iPrint is running the NDPS Manager.   The NDPS 
> Manager has its own database where all the printer definitions, etc are 
> stored.   This database is backed up to eDirectory as a stream file.   
> So, you can load the NDPS Manager on another server, and either move 
the 
> database from the original server/volume to the new server/volume,  
OR,  
> you can restore from the eDirectory backup file..
> > 
> > So  a lot of what you are wanting to do depends on if both servers 
> exist in the same tree.   You have 2 server, I assume one is hosting 
> print, and you are going to rebuild the other, then move print to that 
> server.   If this is the case, you should be able to do what I 
described 
> above without much problem.  
> > 
> > Now migrating (same server) is a little more complicated in that you 
> have to use the migraztion wizard.   
> > 
> > Also, if you are going to keep the server hardware in tact, and just 
> upgrade the OS from NW6.0 to NW6.5, you could just run the in-place 
> upgrade on the 6.0 server and then you should be set..
> > 
> > A lot depends on what you really want to do...
> > 
> > >>> <jroggen@encompassiowa.com> 7/12/2005 11:43:21 AM >>>
> > I have two Netware servers running Netware 6.0 SP5.  I am rebuilding 
> one 
> > of the servers.  I am keeping one Netware server and am upgrading it 
> > Netware 6.5 SP3.  I have iPrint running on the server that I am 
> > rebuilding.  I would like to migrate it to the Netware 6.5 server 
that 
> I 
> > am going to have.  Is there a way that I can do that?  Thanks
> > 
> > Jason Roggentien
> > 
> > 
> 
> 
> 

0
jroggen
7/13/2005 8:06:11 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Netware iPrint to Netware iPrint migration
--____KIUJEQLZHPCNVBANZTEH____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 11 Oct 2006 13:12:53 -0500" Is there documentation somewhere that deals specifically with migrating = iPrint from one Netware server to another. I expected it to be in one of = the Migration Wizard manuals but all I can find is NDPS to iPrint and = Netware to Linux. Surely someone besides me feels the need to migrate = iPrint along with the rest of the stuff handled by Migration Wizard. = Correct...

migrate DNS from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server
Are there any instructions for moving the dns from a netware 5 server to a netware 6 server and maintaining the databases? I don't want to have to reenter all of my special DNS info again. Also, when I change the DNS server, I would like to maintain the same IP address for the DNS service. I know I could do an add secondary ipaddress, but is there anything I need to do in the DNS setup to have it respond to that secondary ipaddress rather than the ip address that is on my netware 6 server already? If the 2 servers are in the same NDS tree, simply create the ...

Netware 6.5 SP8 iPrint abending my iPrint servers
--____DDRBNENXSWHQPOSMVRSX____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 10 Mar 2009 11:57:06 -0400" SGVsbG86DQoNCklwcmludCBpcyBhYmVuZGluZyBteSBzZXJ2ZXJzIHJ1bm5pbmcgaVByaW50IGF0 IGxlYXN0IHNldmVyYWwgdGltZXMgYSBkYXkuICBUaGUgYWJlbmQgbG9nIHNob3dzOg0KDQpSdW5u aW5nIHByb2Nlc3M6IFJNYW5TcnZyICAgICAgICA1IFByb2Nlc3MNClRocmVhZCBPd25lZCBieSBO TE06IFJNQU5TUlZSLk5MTQ0KDQpOb3ZlbGwgaGFzIGEgVElEIG9uIHRoaXMgYXQgIA0KaHR0cDov L3d3dy5ub3ZlbGwuY29tL3N1cHBvcnQvc2VhcmNoLmRvP2NtZD1kaXNwbGF5S0MmZG9jVHlwZT1r YyZl...

Migrating iPrint fom Netware to Netware
--____CPIGHKXCYRIJGCFMACWD____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 11 Oct 2007 18:29:56 -0500" SSBoYXZlIHRvIG1vdmUgbXkgaVByaW50IHNlcnZlciBxdWlja2x5IGZyb20gcGh5c2ljYWwgdG8g dmlydHVhbCBhbmQgd2lsbCBiZSBzdGF5aW5nIHdpdGggTmV0d2FyZSA2LjUuNSB0byBkbyBzby4g IFNvLCBJIG5lZWQgc29tZSBndWlkYW5jZSBmb3IgbW92aW5nIG1hbmFnZXIsIGFnZW50cywgYW5k IGJyb2tlciB0byB0aGUgbmV3IHZpcnR1YWwgbWFjaGluZS4gQ2FuIHNvbWVvbmUgaGVscCwgcGFy dGljdWxhcmx5IHdpdGggdGhlIGJyb2tlciBwYXJ0Pw== --____CPIGHKXCYRIJGCFMACWD____ Cont...

Replacing a Netware 4 server with a NetWare 6 server...
I have been hired to set up a netware 6 server and transfer some data from an old nw4-server. It�s a quite simple environment, just file-sharing, printing and some simple policies... I have some questions and thoughts about it... I have most been working with Netware 4 and a bit with netware 5. What is the biggest differences with Netware 6? What sizes of volumes and partitions would you recommend on a netware 6 server? The old netware 4 server is running Zenworks starter pack with some policies and a few applications (for simple installation). How would they be affected ...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

Migrating services from one server to another server.
I hope this is right place to ask my question. I have a Netware sever - 6.0, NAM3.0 are installed. GroupWise GWIA and GW Web agent are up and running. However, the server is old and it crashes once in a while, so I am trying to migrate all the services from the server to a brand new server. My question is that Is there any utility that I can use to migrate services from one server to another server. I have a plan to keep same IP and same server name. Any help would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks NC you can use the migration wizard, available at download.novell.com. ...

Migrating services from one server to another server.
Thanks Richard, Even I will keep same version of Netware, and GW, is the �migration wizard� right tool to use? Basically, I am moving all the services from one server to another, which will have same version of OS (Netware 6.0 /SP3), and same IP and Server Name. Thank you, Nina === Richard Beels wrote=== you can use the migration wizard, available at download.novell.com. future questions about this would be best addressed in the support.os.server.netware6x.install-upgrade or utilites group since this group is for edirectory-specific questions. -- Cheers! ...

Netware 6.5 Server with a Netware 5.0 Server?
We want to install a new Netware 6.5 server in an environment that has two 6.0 servers and 2 Netware 5.0 servers on the same tree. We are running 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? Thanks in advance. Dennis Dennis, > We are running > 8.6.2 e directory on the 6.0 boxes and 8.0.6 NDS on the 5.0 boxes. Are > there any problems with this setup,or should we be installing 6.0 instead? > According to: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is also our webserver for the school district). > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files from the old server... > >...

Migrating Information from NetWare 5.1 to NetWare 6.5 Server w/Migration Wizard 7.1
> rkish@gwl.ouboces.org > > Thank you for your help...here is my predicament. > > I want to migrate an "old" NetWare 5.1/SP6 server to new hardware and > upgraded to NetWare 6.5 using the latest Migration Wizard (7.1). This is > our email server and currently has GroupWise 5.54 installed on it (it is > also our webserver for the school district). > > As we have NEVER used the latest Migration Wizard before, we are unsure > as how and which "data" folders to transfer to the new server. Here is > the list of files fro...

Migrate SQL Server 2000 from one server to another
Hello All,I think this may have been asked here before but I need to get advice from all the SQL Server experts here. Here is the situation, due to the server load and unreliability, we have decided to move the application from one server to another. The system has asp.net web application, web services and windows services. I am ok with moving the asp.net application but need advice regarding what is the best practice to move the sql server 2000.Based on my experience with the sql server 2000 and my understanding, here are the different ways to move the database.1.Export the databa...

IPrint and NetWare Enterprise Web Server
Hi, I installed IPrint on a NW 5.1 SP7 Server. After that I modifed the obj.conf and the nvxwebdn.ncf as discribed in TID10061928 (I changed the path to the IPPSRVR.nlm). But now my Enterprise Web Server does not start. It allways show this message: conf_init: Error running init function load-modules: dlsym for NsapiIppInit failed (SEC_ERROR_INVALID_ARGS) What am I doing wrong? Klausbaerbel1979, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolve...

Migrating mulitple NetWare 5.1 servers to NetWare 6
I have successfully done a trial migration from an old NetWare 5.1 server to a NetWare 6 server. I am now faced with the task of up grading 10 of our Netware 5.1 servers to NetWare 6 servers on our WAN at the different remote sites. We have T1 links between the sites. What is the best order to carry out the migration, i.e. which server should I start with? Since it is recommended that the source, destination an client workstation be running on a common LAN segment, I guess I will have to be taking the client workstation and destination server to each si...

Web resources about - Migrating iPrint from one Netware server to another Netware server - novell.support.iprint

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

Teens Migrating From Facebook To Comments Section Of Slow-Motion Deer Video - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Trendwatchers say more and more teens are leaving Facebook and Twitter in favor of the ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Record Numbers of New Zealanders Migrating to Australia
Acting on impulse: why the Kiwis keep coming ... and coming and coming

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...

Resources last updated: 11/25/2015 7:57:20 PM