Installing HP Laserjet 4350 drivers on Windows 2000 Terminal Server

Hi

I'm trying to set up a profile for my networked HP LaserJet 4300 on a Citrix session via Iprint.

If I try and add the driver (downloaded directly from the HP website) into the Broker via the Resource Management Services Tab, I get a dialog box coming up with the following message:

"Error message : The operation completed successfully.
Error group : Windows
Error code : 0"

and the profile is not created on the server.

I've tried to upload 4300 PCL 5e and PCL 6 drivers as well, without success.

The server is Netware 6.5 SP4.

Can anyone help?

Gareth Edwards
Helpdesk Engineer
Denholm Logistics Ltd
Tel 0151 236 4871
Email : gedwards@denholm-logistics.co.uk
0
GARETH
5/9/2006 10:48:28 AM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Tue, 09 May 2006 10:48:28 +0000, GARETH EDWARDS wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to set up a profile for my networked HP LaserJet 4300 on a Citrix session via Iprint.
>
> If I try and add the driver (downloaded directly from the HP website) into the Broker via the Resource Management Services Tab, I get a dialog box coming up with the following message:
>
> "Error message : The operation completed successfully.
> Error group : Windows
> Error code : 0"
>
> and the profile is not created on the server.
>
> I've tried to upload 4300 PCL 5e and PCL 6 drivers as well, without success.
>
> The server is Netware 6.5 SP4.
>
> Can anyone help?
>

> Gareth Edwards
> Helpdesk Engineer
> Denholm Logistics Ltd
> Tel 0151 236 4871
> Email : gedwards@denholm-logistics.co.uk

I had a similar problem trying to create a profile for the LJ2300 PS
driver.  I could do it for PCL, but not PS.  Anyways I used this handy
tool to repackage the driver, uploaded this new one to the broker, and now
I was able to create the profile successfully.  Here's the link.

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13952.html

Joe

0
Joseph
5/9/2006 11:52:41 AM
Hi

I downloaded the app from the link provided, then installed the app to my hard drive. Using it, I then created a copy of the drivers for the HP LJ 4300N.

Then i logged onto Citrix, fired up iPrint and added the new drivers to the broker using the Resource Management Service tab. This worked successfully. (I uploaded them from my PC to my Citrix session via a client drive mapping).

Hoewever, when i tried to create a new driver profile, I got the same error message.

I also got the message when I tried to create a new profile using an existing one (which I had created from a Windows 2000 PC).

Can you help?

Gareth Edwards
Helpdesk Engineer
Denholm Logistics Ltd
Tel 0151 236 4871
Email : gedwards@denholm-logistics.co.uk
0
GARETH

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Windows 2000 Patch: Driver Installation Program Does Not Install Device Drivers
Some driver installation programs don't work on Windows 2000 (W2K) after you install either Critical Update QFE 813044 or W2K Server SP4. The installation does not succeed and you receive an incorrect error that no drivers are available for the device. The %WINDIR%\Setupapi.log reports there are no compatible drivers for the device. After installation, you may have to restart your computer. http://makeashorterlink.com/?W2F032795 -- Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Problems between Iprint and Windows 2000 Terminal server
Hi I'm running 7 Terminal servers in a Citrix farm, all with Windows 2000 SP4 installed on them. I'm running Metaframe XPa 1.8, Feature Release 3. All the Terminal servers have Novell Client v4.9 Sp2e installed to connect the users to network services via Netware 6.5. The servers are load balanced through a published application. At present half of these servers have had to be removed from the farm due to a problem with printing. We are running iPrint v4.11 from a Netware 6.5 server to deliver our system printers. In any given application, a user will attempt to print...

Network Adapter Drivers for Windows* 2000, Windows* XP and Windows Server* 2003
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=&DwnldID=4275&strOSs=OSFullName=&lang=eng or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/2ntk46 Installs base drivers, Intel� PROSet for Windows* Device Manager, and Advanced Networking Services (ANS) for Intel� network adapters for Windows* 2000, Windows* XP, and Windows Server* 2003. Download the self-extracting archive and run it. When you run it, it will extract the files to a temporary directory, run the installation wizard, and remove the temporary files when the installation is complet...

Installation of Application Center 2000, with Visual Studio 2003, Framework 1.1 installed in the Windows 2003 Server Installed.
I am trying to Install the Application Center 2000 in the Windows 2003 Server with the Visual Studio 7.0 installed in it. I am getting the error message that--- " The Installation is not supported by this Version of Window" --- where as in the sites it is written that Application center 2000 works best with the Windows 2003 Server, Enterprize Version. Please Help me with all the Details....

Problem installing SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003
I have the softwares below: -Windows 2000, Advanced Server -Windows Server 2003, Web Edition & Standard Edition -SQL Server 2000 -Service Pack 3 for SQL Server 2000 plz somebody help me, how can i have a Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2003 installed on it??? Explain your problem. You cannot install SQL Server on the Web Edition of Windows Server 2003. I presume you mean SQL Server 2000...Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog You can install SQL Server 2000 on a Windows 2003 ... Read the FAQ of mine at : http://www.extreme...

Mobile Server Install Not Creating Files on Windows 2000 Server
I ran the install (multiple times now) and it does not seem to put any files into the C:\program Files\Intellisync Mobile Suite folder other than a log folder where the EnvironmentAnalyzer.log file is written. The Install Shield Wizard status screen never shows any progress. It did however at least create the database inside SQL. This is happening with gsm701.exe buid 6.7.0.107. Anyone else run into an issue with the install not copying the files and setting up the website? More info from another attempt...From the Environment Analysis log I get the following error near the end.....

SQL Server 2000 failed to install under Windows Server 2003
Anyone knows how to solve this problem? So far only MSDE SP3A can install under Windows Server 2003, I believe there must be another way to install SQL Server 2000 right? Any success guideline that I can refer to? TQ Define the problem. Error message? Just fails? If you are getting a message about a problem running pre-SP3 (or maybe pre-SP4) version of SQL Server, if you ignore that message and then before using SQL Server install the latest service pack, it does in fact work.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog I got a SQL Server 2000 (without...

Drivers Drivers Drivers on Terminal Servers
Hi, Ive running NW6.5 Sp5 with iprint client 4.26 on a pool of 2003 terminal Servers. Clients have printers installed via login sript each time they login. 1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the TS and workstation 2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver or RPCS Driver. Thamks Mike Michael@nospam.ddg.com wrote: >1, When i update the driver in Iprint ,will it update automaticly on the >TS and workstation No. >2, What are the most stable Ricoh drivers to use PCL 5,6,PCL Mini-Driver ...

Windows 2000 Server or Windows Server 2003
Okay, hold your breath and try to not slug me for this one. I have a 450 MHz machine, a desktop actually. I have made Windows Server 2003 run on this and ASP.NET worked great. I am, however, concerned with performance. The system has 270 MB RAM. I don't know if the improvements from 2000 Server to 2003 Server are worth putting the latter on a slower machine. This is to be an IIS server. Comments? is it going to be a production server, or just a development box? (probably a stupid question, but you never can tell these days) for a development server performance is less of a co...

Windows 2000 Patch: Offered Driver May Not Install Using Windows Update
Windows 2000 Patch: Offered Driver May Not Install Using Windows Update http://makeashorterlink.com/?F2B934AC3 ;) --� Regard: Joh@nnes "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Installing Groupwise 5.5 client on Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server
Is it possible to run GW client on a windows server 2003 standard edition in TS mode? Customer wants remote users to Terminal Server into HQ and run applications, one of which is Groupwise client. Thank you in advance. Adam Adamalami, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other...

XP Policies are not applied on Windows 2003 Terminal Server but Windows 2000 Policies
Hello NG I installed a Windows 2003 Terminalserver with the NWClient 4.83 and Novell Workstation Manager. The Zenworks 4 Agent didn't run on the W2003 Terminalserver. I defined Windows XP Terminalserver Policies and for the Workstation Windows 2000 Policies. Now, when I log into the Windows 2003 Terminalserver Session. The Policies that runs are the Windows 2000 Policies. So I have a bad TS-RoamingProfile Path etc. I observed this, because i set a Policy to the Dos-Box. The Windows 2000 Policy has a Dos-Box with blue screen and yellow text. The Windows 2003 Terminalserv...

Install Sybase SQL Server ODBC driver on Win NT Terminal Server Edition
Hi all, When I install the Sybase SQL Server ODBC driver on a Win NT Terminal Server Edition, I noticed that the version of the ODBC driver is 'not marked' and I can create any DSN for that ODBC driver. I hit an error 126 when I tried to do so. Finally, I discovered that the problem is the incorrect entries in the registry. I would like to know if any of you hit the same problem as I want to know whether the problem is consistent on Win NT Terminal Server Edition. Thanks. Cheers, Sammy Lau ...

Web resources about - Installing HP Laserjet 4350 drivers on Windows 2000 Terminal Server - novell.support.iprint

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights – 13,000 of them – to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper