Firefox Support?

Hopefully someone will answer this.  I have seen several posts asking about
Firefox support in NW65SP3 with no responses.  I see that support should be
there in SP3, but it isn't working on any of the servers in our school
district.  I am running FF 1.0.4, and the 4.0.5 iPrint client.  We are
still receiving the message that iPrint is not installed.

Is there something that I need to do on the server to enable iPrint support
for other browsers?

Timothy M. Musa
Community Consolidated School District 93
Carol Stream, IL

http://www.ccsd93.com/
Tim
6/22/2005 2:33:28 PM
novell.support.iprint 7215 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are we talking Windows workstations or Linux??
This message would indicate that Firefox does not believe the iPrint "snapin" (NPNIPP.DLL) is not installed.  From a firefox session, in the address/location bar type "about:plugins".   This should list all the Plugins that Firefox believes is installed.   Is iPrint in this list??   If not,  search your local machine for the NPNIPP.DLL file and see where it is.   Find out the location of the plugins directory for firefox, and copy this NPNIPP.DLL file to that location.    The iPrint Client Installer should do this for you and I am not sure why this failed in your case.

Have you tried to uninstall the iprint client and install it again??

Also, the message "that iPrint is not installed."  is returned when you do what?   If you have not enabled any printers for iPrint support, you would not see any printer in the default iPrint page  (http://<server address or dns name>:631/ipp)

>>> Tim Musa<musat_@_ccsd93.com> 6/22/2005 8:33 AM >>>
Hopefully someone will answer this.  I have seen several posts asking about
Firefox support in NW65SP3 with no responses.  I see that support should be
there in SP3, but it isn't working on any of the servers in our school
district.  I am running FF 1.0.4, and the 4.0.5 iPrint client.  We are
still receiving the message that iPrint is not installed.

Is there something that I need to do on the server to enable iPrint support
for other browsers?

Timothy M. Musa
Community Consolidated School District 93
Carol Stream, IL

http://www.ccsd93.com/

iprint
6/22/2005 3:16:52 PM
iprint wrote:
> Are we talking Windows workstations or Linux??
> This message would indicate that Firefox does not believe the iPrint "snapin" (NPNIPP.DLL) is not installed.  From a firefox session, in the address/location bar type "about:plugins".   This should list all the Plugins that Firefox believes is installed.   Is iPrint in this list??   If not,  search your local machine for the NPNIPP.DLL file and see where it is.   Find out the location of the plugins directory for firefox, and copy this NPNIPP.DLL file to that location.    The iPrint Client Installer should do this for you and I am not sure why this failed in your case.
>
> Have you tried to uninstall the iprint client and install it again??
>
> Also, the message "that iPrint is not installed."  is returned when you do what?   If you have not enabled any printers for iPrint support, you would not see any printer in the default iPrint page  (http://<server address or dns name>:631/ipp)

> Hopefully someone will answer this.  I have seen several posts asking about
> Firefox support in NW65SP3 with no responses.  I see that support should be
> there in SP3, but it isn't working on any of the servers in our school
> district.  I am running FF 1.0.4, and the 4.0.5 iPrint client.  We are
> still receiving the message that iPrint is not installed.
>
> Is there something that I need to do on the server to enable iPrint support
> for other browsers?

I have the same problem. I have a printer map that I've been installing
printers off of for years with IE.  Not so with firefox.

About:plugins reveals:
Novell iPrint Plug-in

     File name: npnipp.dll
     iPrint Plug-in 1.0.0 - Provides iPrint client services for Windows

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-novell-ipp 	Novell iPrint printer access 	nvl 	Yes

I'm running iprint 4.05 under Win XP Sp2 client on a NW 6.5 sp2 server

Clicking on an iprint printer results in the message:

"The iPrint Client is not installed. Do you wish to install the iPrint
Client now?"
0
Patrick
6/22/2005 7:58:19 PM
Patrick Farrell wrote:

> I have the same problem. I have a printer map that I've been installing
> printers off of for years with IE.  Not so with firefox.
>
> About:plugins reveals:
> Novell iPrint Plug-in
>
>     File name: npnipp.dll
>     iPrint Plug-in 1.0.0 - Provides iPrint client services for Windows
>
> MIME Type     Description     Suffixes     Enabled
> application/x-novell-ipp     Novell iPrint printer access     nvl     Yes
>
> I'm running iprint 4.05 under Win XP Sp2 client on a NW 6.5 sp2 server
>
> Clicking on an iprint printer results in the message:
>
> "The iPrint Client is not installed. Do you wish to install the iPrint
> Client now?"

I don't know if this helps, but we used to receive the same "The iPrint Client
is not installed. Do you wish to install the iPrint Client now?" message (with
NW 6.5 SP2 and the 4.05 iPrint client).

However, after seeing this thread I decided to check again and lo and behold -
it works. The difference here is that two weeks ago we went to SP3 and the
latest ndps/iprint server updates.

ajs
--
Tony Skalski
Systems Administrator
Tony Skalski wrote:
> Patrick Farrell wrote:
>

>> I have the same problem. I have a printer map that I've been
>> installing printers off of for years with IE.  Not so with firefox.
>>
>> About:plugins reveals:
>> Novell iPrint Plug-in
>>
>>     File name: npnipp.dll
>>     iPrint Plug-in 1.0.0 - Provides iPrint client services for Windows
>>
>> MIME Type     Description     Suffixes     Enabled
>> application/x-novell-ipp     Novell iPrint printer access     nvl     Yes
>>
>> I'm running iprint 4.05 under Win XP Sp2 client on a NW 6.5 sp2 server
>>
>> Clicking on an iprint printer results in the message:
>>
>> "The iPrint Client is not installed. Do you wish to install the iPrint
>> Client now?"
>

> I don't know if this helps, but we used to receive the same "The iPrint
> Client is not installed. Do you wish to install the iPrint Client now?"
> message (with NW 6.5 SP2 and the 4.05 iPrint client).
>
> However, after seeing this thread I decided to check again and lo and
> behold - it works. The difference here is that two weeks ago we went to
> SP3 and the latest ndps/iprint server updates.
>
> ajs
Same problem here! Copied the file and no success!
0
doxboi
6/23/2005 1:50:22 PM
iprint <iprintrox@iprint.novell.com> wrote in

> Are we talking Windows workstations or Linux??
> This message would indicate that Firefox does not believe the iPrint
> "snapin" (NPNIPP.DLL) is not installed.  From a firefox session, in
> the address/location bar type "about:plugins".   This should list all
> the Plugins that Firefox believes is installed.   Is iPrint in this
> list??   If not,  search your local machine for the NPNIPP.DLL file
> and see where it is.   Find out the location of the plugins directory
> for firefox, and copy this NPNIPP.DLL file to that location.    The
> iPrint Client Installer should do this for you and I am not sure why
> this failed in your case.
>
> Have you tried to uninstall the iprint client and install it again??
>
> Also, the message "that iPrint is not installed."  is returned when
> you do what?   If you have not enabled any printers for iPrint
> support, you would not see any printer in the default iPrint page
> (http://<server address or dns name>:631/ipp)

Thanks.  The plugin was not installed.  I tried deleting and reinstalling
the client with no success.  I wound up opening the NIPP.ZIP and just
copying the plugin to the FF directory and everything is working fine.

PC - Windows 2000 SP4, 4.82 client, FF 1.0.4
Server - NW65SP3

Timothy M. Musa
Community Consolidated School District 93
Carol Stream, IL

http://www.ccsd93.com/
Tim
6/23/2005 3:57:55 PM
Tim Musa <musat_@_ccsd93.com> wrote in

> Thanks.  The plugin was not installed.  I tried deleting and
> reinstalling the client with no success.  I wound up opening the
> NIPP.ZIP and just copying the plugin to the FF directory and
> everything is working fine.
>
> PC - Windows 2000 SP4, 4.82 client, FF 1.0.4
> Server - NW65SP3

One thing I did find I needed to do was resave the printer map using the
new map tool.  After doing that everything functioned properly.

Timothy M. Musa
Community Consolidated School District 93
Carol Stream, IL

http://www.ccsd93.com/
Tim
6/23/2005 4:29:31 PM
Tim Musa wrote:
> Tim Musa <musat_@_ccsd93.com> wrote in
>

>>Thanks.  The plugin was not installed.  I tried deleting and
>>reinstalling the client with no success.  I wound up opening the
>>NIPP.ZIP and just copying the plugin to the FF directory and
>>everything is working fine.
>>
>>PC - Windows 2000 SP4, 4.82 client, FF 1.0.4
>>Server - NW65SP3
>>

> One thing I did find I needed to do was resave the printer map using the
> new map tool.  After doing that everything functioned properly.

Which new map tool are we referring to?
0
Patrick
6/23/2005 9:33:02 PM
I just loaded these 2 patches and it works for me.

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2971357.htm

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2971577.htm

> Hopefully someone will answer this.  I have seen several posts asking about
> Firefox support in NW65SP3 with no responses.  I see that support should be
> there in SP3, but it isn't working on any of the servers in our school
> district.  I am running FF 1.0.4, and the 4.0.5 iPrint client.  We are
> still receiving the message that iPrint is not installed.
>
> Is there something that I need to do on the server to enable iPrint support
> for other browsers?
>
> --
> Timothy M. Musa
> Community Consolidated School District 93
> Carol Stream, IL
>
> http://www.ccsd93.com/

paul
6/24/2005 5:05:53 AM
Patrick Farrell <pjf@packereng.com> wrote in

>> One thing I did find I needed to do was resave the printer map using
>> the new map tool.  After doing that everything functioned properly.
>>

> Which new map tool are we referring to?

Maybe it's not new, but the maptool.htm (which still only works in IE) does
seem to save the maps with a slightly different printer URL that is
necessary for the maps to work in FF.  I don't use the bare printer list,
so I can't say if that works.

Timothy M. Musa
Community Consolidated School District 93
Carol Stream, IL

http://www.ccsd93.com/
Tim

Web resources about - Firefox Support? - novell.support.iprint

Legged Squad Support System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Legged Squad Support System ( LS3 ) is a DARPA project for a legged robot which could function autonomously as a packhorse for a squad of ...

San Bernardino attackers didn't show public support for jihad on Facebook: FBI
... The two attackers who opened fire in San Bernardino, California, earlier this month had not posted publicly on social media sites about supporting ...

Adobe Lightroom for iOS updated with 3D Touch, Split View, iPad Pro support, more
... can now enjoy new 3D Touch Quick Actions from the Lightroom icon, and the latest version has been optimized for iPad Pro and enhanced to support ...

Philips Hue is getting back its third-party smart bulb support
... LED products, to their smart home lighting network. After reconsidering the matter, Philips is reversing the upgrade and restoring support for ...

San Bernardino Terrorists Didn’t Support Jihad Openly on Social Media
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has announced that San Bernardino terrorists Tashfeed Malik and Syed Farook did not openly support jihad ...

Wheaton College professor's remarks in effort to support Muslims lead to ...
cleveland.com Wheaton College professor's remarks in effort to support Muslims lead to ... cleveland.com Wheaton College associate professor ...

As pre-IE11 support ends, scrambling for workarounds
Time flies. It seems like just yesterday we heard that Microsoft would stop supporting older versions of Internet Explorer . But it was over ...

REPORT: Expensive US Development Programs Lead To Increased Taliban Support
A USAID development program intended to stop Taliban influence has actually led to increased Taliban support in Afghan villages in addition to ...

The question remains: Would Bush support a 'Trump for president' ticket?
... would pose problems for Jeb! in certain primary states that require party loyalty pledges. And Bush all but announced that he wouldn't support ...

Google Fi Now Supports Tablets With No Device Fees -
Google this week quietly announced that the company's wireless service, Google Fi, now supports tablets and other Internet-connected devices. ...