User Management not dispalying users

When attempting to do an advanced search for users under User Management
in the iFolder Management web interface, I am unable to find any users to
configure.  The context has been set in the Global Settings.  The server
is running NW 6.5 SP5.

LDAP looks like it is configured correctly and I have it setup to use
ports 389 and 636 (went with defaults during the install).

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search
working?

Chris
0
Chris
7/21/2006 6:35:04 PM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Chris,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

- Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com in both the "free product support" and "paid product support" drop down boxes.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
7/25/2006 9:56:36 PM
,
> Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search
> working?

LDAP Trace?

5. Turn on LDAP tracing on the LDAP Server Object
   (Screen options tab, check at least "connection" and "response")
6. LOAD DSTRACE. Turn off everything and turn on LDAP, then try to log
   in.

Note on 3:
1. LDAP Server Object, SSL/TLS Config Page
Untick "Require TLS for All Operations"
2. LDAP Group Object
Untick "Require TLS for simple binds with password"

Note on 6:
LOAD DSTRACE
DSTRACE -ALL
DSTRACE +LDAP
DSTRACE SCREEN ON
DSTRACE FILE On

The trace file is called DSTRACE.LOG and is in sys:system

For some helpful tips:
http://nscsysop.hypermart.net/ifolder.html
http://www.gordonross.org.uk/iFolder.html

- Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
  NSC Volunteer Sysop
  Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

0
Anders
7/26/2006 6:16:28 AM
> ,
> > Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search
> > working?
> >
> LDAP Trace?
>

> 5. Turn on LDAP tracing on the LDAP Server Object
>    (Screen options tab, check at least "connection" and "response")
> 6. LOAD DSTRACE. Turn off everything and turn on LDAP, then try to log
>    in.
>
> Note on 3:
> 1. LDAP Server Object, SSL/TLS Config Page
> Untick "Require TLS for All Operations"
> 2. LDAP Group Object
> Untick "Require TLS for simple binds with password"
>
> Note on 6:
> LOAD DSTRACE
> DSTRACE -ALL
> DSTRACE +LDAP
> DSTRACE SCREEN ON
> DSTRACE FILE On
>
> The trace file is called DSTRACE.LOG and is in sys:system
>
> For some helpful tips:
> http://nscsysop.hypermart.net/ifolder.html
> http://www.gordonross.org.uk/iFolder.html
>
> - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE
>   NSC Volunteer Sysop
>   Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>
> Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195

Sorry about not responding sooner.  I found the problem, the account that
I used to do the installation did not have rights to the Root object to
make the iFolder_ServerAgent trustee assignment.

Chris
0
Chris

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

DLU, "user management", user login and user source
I see I can disable the ZCM user login as discussed in the following documentation: 'Novell Documentation' (http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/?page=/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/data/bebfrq5.html) If I choose to disable the "user management" on the Agent, does that do the same thing? With User Management disabled, what else does that prevent? I am not assigning ANY bundles or policies to users - only to workstations. I do have a dynamic local user (dlu) policy assigned to workstations so I must have "User Source&quo...

Managing users
Hi! Can someone tell me, I don´t get this with authorized and unauthorized users. When I´m registering users manualy, I mark the checkbox for them as authorized users, but when I click on the linkbutton "Unauthorized" in the users list, all of the authorized users show up as if they were unauthorized, but the userlist gives the value "True" under the Authorized column. Have i missed something? Hi Pehu, No, you haven't missed anything. With the current design of the code this will happen until the user logs in for the first time as a ne...

Manage users and roles for users
Hi. I want to know how can i manage my users and users roles on my hosted website. I want that admin controls (when i log in as admin) allow me to change users roles and other stuff. Any1 have any guide or know any website that teach how to create a "admin.aspx" page to manage users and roles? thx Do you have the schema ready ? If yes, are you willing to change the schema ? Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 ? If yes, you can easily do this using the administration tool in ASP.NET 2.0.                 &n...

iFolder Manager: iFolder User is enabled . . .
--____IMWAMIYLTYAXOUGYRVRJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am able to connect to iFolder, the clients are working properly. = However, when I go to iFolder Manager to manage the users, I get this = error: iFolder User is enabled but account has not been activated by the user I can search the directory and find all of the clients, but I cannot make = any changes to any of the users.=20 Ideas? Thanks Rick Lemon IT Manager Tennessee Valley Infrastructure Group --____IMWAMIYLTYAXOUGYRVRJ____ Conte...

Active Directory & SQL list of users with managers and managers with users
I have been tasked with some authentication/access items and know there is an easy way to do this within AD but don't know where to start.  What I have set up is a OU called Test Users within an OU called Sales within our main domain.  Within the OU=Test Users there are several security groups having as many as 100 or as little as one person in them.  The goup names are Manager, Regional Mgr, Sales Reps.  A Sales Rep can have a Regional Mgr and a Regional Mgr has a Manager.  There are some cases where a Sales Rep does not have a Regional Mgr and then is associate...

User-Management
hi all info: 6.5sp2 want to configure our i-folder for user-access.but in user-mgnt. / adv. search cant find any users, no all user, no ifolder-user,... so i tested with the following : checked the search ldap-context, correct in user-mgnt add new ifolder-user and then over adv. search test the new user for searching: no entry. how i can solve this ? thanks for any help ! regards david Dklark02, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved?...

manage default user profile for all users
We're are halfway through a rollout of all new machines (W2K SP3). I just discovered that you can change the default user profile to a custom one by copying over the default user profile in W2k. This could save me tons of time, as it takes care of all the nitpicky stuff (IE6, Office 2k, media player, etc) that one has to setup for each user. Unfortunately, we've already ghosted our machines with the standard default user profile (and I'm not planning on going back and reloading a custom profile on each machine). My question is this. Is it possible using z...

iFolder User is enabled but account has not been activated by the user
--____MPDBXTGHDOQEXERDKBDY____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Running Version 2 on a 6 --____MPDBXTGHDOQEXERDKBDY____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____UOROJZUZDHHCCOUBISJG____" --____UOROJZUZDHHCCOUBISJG____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1"= > <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2769" name=3DGENERATOR><...

Linux User Management install as user other than admin
I'm trying to create a group with the appropriate rights to perform the LUM installation. We want other employees to be able to perform the install of the LUM on new servers, but don't necessarily want to give them the admin login to eDirectory. I tried creating a group, making that group a supervisor to the OU where the server should be added, and adding the user to that group. It gives me the following error: Creating the Unix Config object...Insufficient access I tried giving the group rights to the current Unix Config object as well, but still get the same error. This...

edir user attributes and IManager user Management
Hello! Please help to find some user's object eDir attribute names that are "connected" to IManager (ver 2.6 ) fields on Users, Groups/Users/User Object Change (I translated my localized item names in my IManager) Particularly I need fields under "User Profile": Personal Info | Home Phone Numbers | Phone and Mobile fields Business Info | Phone Numbers| Phone and Mobile fields When I will know attributes for these fields I hope to map its to GroupWise PhoneBook. Thanks, Vladimir A simple way to map your user attribute names to the...

User Management for not-yet-activated user accounts
Isn't there some way - besides logging in as each user - to edit specific client policies *before* users log in for the first time to activate their accounts? I'm not talking about global settings, either. Example: 22 users enabled for iFolder access. Global Client Policies call for: Encryption - On, Enforced Save Password - Off, Enforced Save Pass Phrase - Off, Enforced Recover Pass Phrases - On Automatic Sync - On, Enforced For (6) users, I want to turn off enforcement of Automatic Sync. However, out of the box, it...

iFolder User is enabled but account has not been activated by the user
Im running nw65sp3 and iFolder 2.1.1. I'm getting this error message and therfore netstorage will not work properly, can anyone give me an answer to this problem. I installed netstorage after the service pack, does that have anything to do with it? , > I installed netstorage after the service pack, does > that have anything to do with it? > And when doing so, did you use the original CDs or overlay CDs? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhan...

Web resources about - User Management not dispalying users - novell.support.ifolder

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in businesses and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives by using ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is an art that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Management - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Management in business and organizations is the function that coordinates the efforts of people to accomplish goals and objectives using available ...

Victorian bushfires: Wye River blaze management holds safety lessons for other towns
Victorians have just witnessed again the terrifying speed with which a beautiful environment can be transformed by bushfire.

Develop A Management Culture
To manage your law office best, make management part of your law office culture.

The future of data center infrastructure management
Recent research from Intel suggests that, despite the availability of automated solutions for data center infrastructure management (DCIM), many ...

5 courses that’ll boost your project management career for $39
Whether you're just starting out or are looking to change careers, there are certain certifications that hiring managers love to see on a resume ...

25 Must Read Articles On Brand Management
From start to finish 2015 was a generous year in terms of learning opportunities for marketers. The shaping forces of markets, consumer behavior, ...

WATCH: Kirk Cousins commits the worst clock-management bungle ever
The Redskins, at the very least, were going to score three points maybe even seven before the half. Thanks to Kirk Cousins, they came away with ...