new ifolder clients not connecting to server using client

Hi,

We have an OES SP2 server running iFolder. Clients that have been
installed in the past can connect without any problem. When we install
new clients from the website, these clients cannot connect. They receive
the message: "An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder
server. Please verify the information entered and try again". When I
look at the simias.log file on the ifolder server it says authentication
is succesful ?

2009-11-10 11:53:17,339 [-1224164448] INFO
Simias.Server.Authentication - Authenticated User iS :
f7889600-402a-11dc-add7-0050569500ac:hskl Success

When I log on through the webaccess all is fine and login is
succesful.

What's happening ?

Kind regards,

Hen Savelkoul

--
Regards,

Hen

hennys
11/10/2009 11:06:03 AM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hennys,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

iFolder client unable to connect to iFolder server
This morning, when trying to log into iFolder via the iFolder client 3.7.1.20, I get the following message: "An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server. Please verify the information entered and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your network administrator." Funny thing is I can log into iFolder via web access without errors. I took a look at the simias.log and the only thing that stood out was: "Simias.SimiasException - The store has not been initialized." This error was logged 2009-04-15 12:11:17,765. Tried looking up ...

iFolder Client 3.6.7085.1
I have installed & setup iFolder 3.6.7085.1 running on SLES 10 SP1. I am able to connect to the iFolder server from my client using Firefox. I can connect to both http://<server>/admin as admin and http://<server>/ifolder as a user. I have installed iFolder Client 3.6.7085.1 on my Windows XP client but I am unable to create an account to the server. The iFolder Create Account Wizard's Verify Account process fails in the with the following: Unable to connect to iFolder Server - An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server ... -> Show...

iFolder client cannot see server iFolders
Hi, I have just rebuilt my machine and reinstalled the iFolder client. When I connect to the server from the client a new Default folder is created on my machine but the "iFolders on iFolder" section does not display any of my folders on the server. If I log onto the web client I can see all of my folders - including the Default folder. If I create an iFolder on my machine with the same name as one on the server then I end up with two instances of iFolders with the same name on the server but only the one folder that I just created on the machine. Any ideas? ...

iFolder Client Causing iFolder on Server to Crash
i am running iFolder v2.1. if i leave the workstation client logged in for too long (full day) it creates an error_log over 4 gigs and causes ifolder to stop responding. after i restart the server, iFolder fails to load until i delete the log. i have tried to read the log, but it says its invaild. Chris Can you see the error log growing? I'd try to see what is being shown at the client, and also view the log file before it gets very big. Perhaps stopifolder, and then look at the log. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp See http://nscsysop.hyperma...

iFolder client can not delete iFolder from server
Hi I managed to setup the open source IFolder server on SUSE 10.1. On my win2000 I use the 3.4 client. Everything works fine, except I cannot delete an iFolder from the server. It makes no difference if it is empty or there are files in it. When I click delete (and Yes) the icon of the iFolder turns gray and on the right the message is: "Waiting to connect". That takes forever, so I click refresh and the iFolder disappears and does not appear again even if I restart the client, but the data on the server remains. BTW I can delete the iFolder from the web interface without p...

iFolder 3.7 Windows Client
Hi I have upgraded from OES2 (iFolder 3.6) to OES2 SP1 (iFolder 3.7). The problem is with most (not all) Windows XP clients that receive error "Server Is Old. Cannot connect to the server." when trying to connect. I can't see any error in Simias.log 2008-12-11 15:12:06,779 [-1290052704] INFO Simias.Server.Authentication - Authenticated User iS : f0daa900-02fb-11d7-a60d-000802a237fb:userx Success Has anyone seen this problem? Regards, Magnus Magnus Hoglund wrote: > Hi > > I have upgraded from OES2 (iFolder 3.6) to OES2 SP1 (iFolder 3.7). ...

Download iFolder 3.8 client from iFolder server?
Hi, Is it possible to download the iFolder 3.8 client from an iFolder 3.8 server? This was possible before in iFolder 2.x. I'm assuming since it supports auto-update that the client must be on the server somewhere, but I don't see a link on the iFolder login page to download the client, nor do I see a way to enable that on the Admin Intereface. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Best regards, Greg Hey Greg, Yes you can download them from your server Should be right here: ipaddress/welcome/clientsoft.html The actual path on the server where you can ju...

iFolder Client error: Not enough space on the iFolder server
iFolder client gets the following error: iFolder synchronization cannot complete because you don't have enough space on the server. Free space on the server = 464 MB (total space available 3000 MB) Space needed to complete synchronization = 2536 MB. Please free up space in your iolder and click OK. Click Cancel to cancel to sync. iFolder client log looks like this: 13.3.2011 23:40:46 Synchronizing with server... 13.3.2011 23:40:48 Synchronization failed The volume size is 36 GB and it has free space 20% = 7 GB. So there is enough space to the iFolder sync. ...

ifolder client unable to connect server
just now i configured ifolder server 3.8. the web access part of the ifolder is working fine. but when i try to sync the ifolder c lient i am getting the below error. AN ERROR WAS ENCOUNTERED WHILE CONNECTING TO THE IFOLDER SERVER. PLEASE VERIFY THE INFORMATION ENTERED AND TRY AGAIN. IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR NETWOR ADMINISTRATOR. please see the atachment. Thanks. Davis Johny +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: ifolder clienterror.jpg | |Download: http://forums.novell....

iFolder client is not able to connect server
An attempt to attach an ifolder3 client to a server running on OES-Linux gives the following message details: &lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;title&gt;Object moved&lt;/title&gt;&lt;/head&gt;&lt;body&gt; &lt;h2&gt;Object moved to &lt;a href='https://10.34.100.45/simias10/DomainService.asmx'&gt;here&lt;/a&gt ;&lt;/h2&gt; &lt;/body&gt;&lt;html&gt; iFolder Webacces is running and can be accessed without problems. Any recommendations ? Mike, It appears that in the past few days y...

iFolder client: Connection with server broken
Hi, I'm testing an iFolder server. Installed with NW65. Installed iFolder client on the workstation. Initial login works fine, folder is created, and files are uploaded etc. Next login looks to start OK but ends in a "Connection with server broken" 23-01-2005 22:52:22 Client connecting to: http://~~~~~~.xs4all.nl;192.168.1.12:80 23-01-2005 22:52:22 Init Successful 23-01-2005 22:52:22 Login mjv\Home 23-01-2005 22:52:22 Connection with server broken 23-01-2005 22:52:22 Creating iFolder database... 23-01-2005 22:52:22 iFolder database creation complete. 23...

iFolder 3.2.5347.1 client broken by iFolder 3.6 client
Was using iFolder 3.6 with a test OES2 server. Worked fine incidentally. System previously had a working iFolder 3.2.5347.1 client talking to a (different) OES1 server. Discovered OES2 iFolder3 client doesn't work with the OES1 version of iFolder3. Fine. We finished testing and I removed the OES2 iFolder client from the windows xp box and reinstalled the 3.2.5347.1 client to reconnect to the OES1 system iFolder3. Broken. Get 'Unable to read ifolders' message with information box 'an error was encountered while reading the ifolders.' (this is befor...

Ifolder client encounted an error while connecting to server
Windows 7 64 bit client give me an error when i try to connect to my i folder system. An error was encountered while connecting to ifolder server. please verify the information entered and try again if the problem persists, please contact your network administrator. The server is a suse server that I have setup with LDAP authencation This server works on the web interface and on my linux client but as soon as i try to connect a windows client to it i am unable to connect. I have tried this with fresh install of ifolder 3.7 server & ifolder 3.8 server I have tried this with i...

Unable to connect to server (-105) ... iFolder Client
Hi, I've just installed the iFolder 2 on netware 6.5 with support pack 1. I installed the client on my PC and tried logging in but regardless of which username I use, it won't allow me to connect. I've already enabled users who have access to ifolder through the Ifolder admin console. I've also made sure that each user has appropriate access, infact I even enabled supervisor access to all the users on the entire Tree. But I am still unable to connect. I am thinking do I need to establish specific rights to any particular object or folder before I can con...

Web resources about - new ifolder clients not connecting to server using client - novell.support.ifolder

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting to Community Graduation YouTube 1080p - YouTube
(Sioux Falls, S.D.) Forty-six seniors have graduated from trying to find the power button to now being avid e-mail, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr ...