NetDrive Question

Hello,

I was talking to a few people on the #novell EfNet channel, and they
referred me to this forum and told me I should post in this board.

Anyway, I have been using Novell NetDrive on and off for awhile now,
since I like to use it when I want interactivity (like modifying phpBB
forums, which requires a lot of uploading and downloading of numerous
small PHP files)... but I digress.

I've been trying to get the software to work on my Windows Vista
computer.  The system runs Windows Vista Home Premium x64.  I have
tried NetDrive 4.0 and NetDrive 4.1.  When I try to run the program,
the error message I get is "
Can't start NetDrive service WebDriveFSD, This driver has been blocked
from loading".  I have tried the following things...

- Disabling Windows Defender and the integrated firewall.
- Disabling User Account Control (UAC).
- Manually disabling Vista x64's driver integrity check.
- Running in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode with administrator
  privileges.

Unless someone here can tell me something I missed, I believe there is
a compatibility problem with Windows Vista 64-bit.  I am not entirely
sure if it is Vista or if it's the fact that I am running a 64-bit
architecture, or if it's something in between...

I would appreciate any input you may have on the following...and
anything else you think is relevant.

- Does anyone here have NetDrive working well on Windows XP 64-bit
  edition?
- Does anyone here have NetDrive working well on a Windows Vista
  32-bit edition?
- Has anyone managed to get NetDrive to work on a Windows Vista
  64-bit edition?
- Where is the WebDriveFSD service located on the hard drive?  If I
  knew the name of the dll file, I could manually force it to execute.

I would appreciate any help you could offer.  Thanks in advance for
looking into it for me. :)

Cheers,
Kirk

--
Kirk

Kirk
11/13/2007 7:28:58 AM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Kirk,

correct newsgroup. (http://support.novell.com/forums)

http://support.novell.com/forums/faq_general.html

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic
11/17/2007 9:42:51 AM
In article <Kirk.2zz6ko@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Kirk wrote:
> I would appreciate any input you may have on the following...and
> anything else you think is relevant.

Not much help, but I don't think Netdrive has been supported for years
now. I doubt it was tested with any 64-bit or Vista.  Perhaps there is
a way to run it in some sort of compatibility mode.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp

0
Craig
11/27/2007 5:57:56 PM
Here is a link to the Website of the company who still develops NetDrive
- they call it WebDrive.  As far as I know, Novell only licensed the
product for a while.
'FTP Client through a virtual drive � WebDrive FTP Client'
(http://www.southrivertech.com/products/webdrive/index.html)
Their latest version is 8.01, maybe that works with Vista?  Costs money
though...

Andreas Lang
MCNE

--
alang
alang's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=17100

0
alang
5/8/2008 7:26:02 PM
Vista is listed as a Supported OS, so it looks like it may.
Thanks for the Link.
I had not seen a recent copy of that tool in a long time.

I always liked it.
I used to use it all the time for mapping to some Web Servers I managed on
the Internet.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"alang" <alang@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message

> Here is a link to the Website of the company who still develops NetDrive
> - they call it WebDrive.  As far as I know, Novell only licensed the
> product for a while.
> 'FTP Client through a virtual drive - WebDrive FTP Client'
> (http://www.southrivertech.com/products/webdrive/index.html)
> Their latest version is 8.01, maybe that works with Vista?  Costs money
> though...
>
> Andreas Lang
> MCNE
>

> --
> alang
> alang's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=17100
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=296897

0
Craig
5/9/2008 2:56:44 AM
http://tinyurl.com/2v7fa7

--
MMCC
MMCC's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=41627
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=296897

0
MMCC

Ifolder NEWBIE Question about ifolder on oes2
Hi, installed ifolder with oes2 There is a default data store, located under /var/simias/data/simias Seems that it cannot be deaktivated. Is it possible to move it to another localtion? I dont want it there, I want it on a separate disk. Best regrads, Axel Axel Schneck schrieb: > Hi, > > installed ifolder with oes2 > There is a default data store, located under /var/simias/data/simias > Seems that it cannot be deaktivated. > Is it possible to move it to another localtion? > I dont want it there, I want it on a separate disk. > Best regrads, > Axe...

iFolder 2 and iFolder 3 Question
So iFolder 3 stores files natively where iFolder 2 stores them in encrypted hash folders. Would I assume iFolder 2 and iFolder 3 are meant to run together? iFolder2 isnt going away right? So I am thinking iFolder 2 is for personal shares (secure with passcode) and iFolder 3 for general shares? I was going to migrate all my users over to iFolder 3 when I looked on the server I found all my ifolder 3 users get their files copied 1 to 1, so now its an exact non-encrypted version. Yes, I can lock down the directory, but the fact that my data is there natively kinda worrie...

windows ME questions, questions, questions.......
Hi, my next PC will be running Windows ME. The PC will be supplied via my work, so there's no choice here for me (ME?) (I think I would have preferred 98 SE). The harddisk (40GB matrox) will have ME installed, and both the Windows ME set-up files and an image of the initial Harddisk 'on a hidden partition'. Word has it that this partition is not seen by Format nor FDisk. Is this really possible? No Windows CD will be supplied. Seems a new way of MS to encourage working with licensed software only. Anyone familiar with this way of distributing an OS? Will I be able to ...

NetDrive Question?
I'm not sure if this is the right place for NetDrive questions, but this question does pertain to iFolder as well. I have a Windows98 workstation with Client32 installed. I installed NetDrive 4.1. After a reboot, when I run the NetDrive client and set it up to access my iFolder server, in the drop down box where you get 3 options: (normally; on other machines) WebDAV FTP iFolder On this particular workstation (and a few others) I don't have an option for iFolder??? This is my question, how do I get the option for iFolder? I installed the iFolder client, and trie...

iFolder question
PC = win2k. Shared by several users. In my test, only one user could have the iFolder client. I setup multiple users, made them all the system adminstrator. User 1 installs the iFolder client. User2 attempts to install iFolder client but fails. User2 does have the iFolder on the task bar however. When user2 attempts to user the task bar icon user gets notice that user must login as user1 to use iFolder. Question: Can the iFolder client be made to function for multiple users on a shared pc? <connellye@briarwood.edu> wrote in message news:2ojIa.4690$Qe2.639@prv-...

question about iFolder
hello, i would like to ask several questions regarding iFolder, I guess that i could find answers in the site, but i want to be sure : my goal is to save files and folders in a web server (a shared server). i want to be able to access this information using the following : 1. activeX component - for uploading & downloading files. 2. asp.net pages - for example to show pictures that i uploaded using iFolder. 3. application - for massive uploading & sychronization. questions : 1. can i use any server (shared server) that i work with or must it be a dedicated serve...

Netdrive/Ifolder
Hello, Is it possible to have my Netfolder/Ifolder data store behind a firewall and have the Netdrive/Ifolder server running in the DMZ? If not.. What is the best placement of the server for the best security? Thanks, Don Don, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support to...

iFolder question
I have a test network with 1 server running NW6.5SP2. I have an existing NSS volume that contains users' home folders, can I install iFolder and have the iFolder allowing users to sync files from their home folders to their iFolder client's computers? Thanks Dummy , > I have a test network with 1 server running NW6.5SP2. I have an existing > NSS volume that contains users' home folders, can I install iFolder and > have the iFolder allowing users to sync files from their home folders to > their iFolder client's computers? > No. That is not what iFo...

Question about questions
Name: Edward Newill Email: ernewillatyahoodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Question about questions Comments: Is there an email address that I can send a question too? I could not find one in the Service area of your site. I would like to know how I create signatures for my Thunderbird email? Best regards, E. Newill Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Netdrive question
I'm not sure if this is the correct group or not. Questions: 1) Is NetDrive secure via FTP? My guess is "no" since FTP isn't secure. Means all the login credentials and info is "clear". 2) IF that is the case, can NetDrive use "secure" FTP (isn't there an option in like NetWare 6.5 to do FTP via SSH or something?) --Kevin Kevin Hurni wrote: > 1) Is NetDrive secure via FTP? My guess is "no" since FTP isn't > secure. Means all the login credentials and info is "clear". That's correct. &...

Support Question
--_004_4059B1AF2F554147894FCA24D2D70C0A0C17965A017CH1MPN100101_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. I=B4m trying to configure Bugzilla, in a Windows IIS 7.5 version. But I hav= e the following error and I=B4m confuse about what I need to do? Maybe, I a= m missing a configuration. [Description: cid:image001.png@01CD65C2.B824E960] I really appreciate if you can help me to find a solution. Regards Hugo Lozano Guevara Tecnolog=EDas de Informaci=F3n CENTRO DE INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO CARSO TELEFONO: (442) 1...

support/what support
Name: William Johnson Email: william0992atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: support/what support Comments: your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for certain websites. I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no directions as to what to do with it. What is it's purpose if there is no help function for it? ...

iFolder v.3 ifolders within an ifolder v.2x ifolder
Are there any know risks/issues with enabling v3 ifolders on folders that reside within an active 2.1 iFolder? The documentation sugests the this would be ill-advised, yet I have not seen any issues using this configuration. I would apreciate any insight into this matter. Matthew, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/...

Netdrive error and questions
I'm doing this job for a high school so u can imagine the resourcing ;-) I worked on this yesterday and had no joy and today's kind of it so if anyone's around i would really appreciate it. Unfortunately not a novell shop - I'm a CNE so darn! I'm trying to publish homedrives on the web. Basically I don't control the router so I have 80 NATed to a webserver. So i can't open up points for Terminal Services or a VPN server. I know a lot of universities do this so i guess its do-able. Home drives are on a win2000 server called Fileserver. Webserver...

Web resources about - NetDrive Question - novell.support.ifolder

NetDrive - The Network Drive for Windows
With NetDrive, managing your remote FTP and WebDAV servers will be as easy as any old file folders on your PC. Once you mount the local drive, ...

NetDrive lets you mount FTP servers as regular drives in Explorer
... will transfer your files, it’s not exactly a convenient solution, particularly if you need to work with the server on a regular basis. NetDrive ...

Chinese Search Giant Baidu Hits 30 Million Users On NetDrive
Chinese search engine Baidu has revealed today that its Personal Cloud Service (PCS) product, which includes NetDrive, has passed 30 million ...

Air Sharing for iPhone & iPod touch on the App Store on iTunes
Get Air Sharing for iPhone & iPod touch on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

VIDEOS
1 Beyond Product Tutorial Videos

Baidu Beat
Baidu ushers in the 1000 yuan smartphone era Beijing , May 15, 2012 – Leading Chinese search engine Baidu today unveiled the Changhong H5018, ...

Air Sharing - CNET Download.com
The most powerful way to view your documents on the go.

NetDrive 2.0 free download - Software reviews, downloads, news, free trials, freeware and full commercial ...
NetDrive 2.0: Access remote storage locations through Explorer just like a local hard drive

Dump Truck Support and FAQ - Golden Frog
Get answers for frequently asked questions about Dump Truck and Dump Truck apps. 24x7x365 Support Available.

Out of the Box » Carbonite
On the heels of MediaMax/TheLinkUp shuttering its doors, TechCrunch reports that AOL will close down two of the more well-conceived online storage ...