iFolder server to access a OES (netware) server?

Hello everybody,

Is this possible?
I would like to install an OES SP2 linux server with iFolder / iFolder
webaccess. Another server (OES SP2, but Netware based) is a storage server
that holds homedirectories of users. I would like users to login via
webaccess to the OES SP2 linux server and see their homedirs on the OES SP2
Netware based server.

Is this possible, or does this seem like a weird scenario?

Best regards, John

0
Cybex
6/14/2007 6:37:56 AM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Is this possible, or does this seem like a weird scenario?

Nevermind, I see I need to use Netstorage for this.

0
Cybex

Accessing Ifolder from Netstorage (ifolder is on different server)
When I click on the ifolder link in netstorage I am asked for my passphrase, once entered I am prompted with an AuthXTier login box that I cannot get around. Any Ideas what I am doing wrong. Thanks does this help? http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10075429.htm Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ ...

How do I move iFolder from one OES server to a new OES2 server?
Does anyone know if you can move iFolder files and users to a different server? I have installed a virtual OES2 server and would like to move my existing iFolder server components to it. I have tried the OES Migration utility, but it does not detect iFolder running on the old server, or at least it does not give a choice to migrate iFolder. I tried copying the simias folders over and running the iFolder install on the new server but that did not work either. I suspect that the Collection files and the db file use encryption and the new server does not have the secure key to open the db...

iFolder version to access files on a NetWare server
Hello Could someone tell me with which iFolder version I am able to sync a folder on my NetWare server? Thank's Sebastian Sebastian Eichinger, > Could someone tell me with which iFolder version I am able to sync a folder on my > NetWare server? > Can you elaborate? To have the ifolder store on NW you need 2.x - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell has a new enhancement request system, or what is now known as the requirement portal. If customers would like to give input in the upcoming releases of Novell products then they s...

Netware Server A access to Netware servers B volumes
Hello, it's possible to access from server A console to servers B volumes and files. I 'need this for a canon nlm program that stores printfiles only on Printserver but we need this files on server B. For example: Its possible to edit on servers A console edit serverB/sys:system/canon.txt I know this windows like, but we need this. Any idea ??? You can see files on another server with ConsoleOne by navigating to its volume objects, but I'm not aware of way of editing them. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://suppo...

iFolder client cannot see server iFolders
Hi, I have just rebuilt my machine and reinstalled the iFolder client. When I connect to the server from the client a new Default folder is created on my machine but the "iFolders on iFolder" section does not display any of my folders on the server. If I log onto the web client I can see all of my folders - including the Default folder. If I create an iFolder on my machine with the same name as one on the server then I end up with two instances of iFolders with the same name on the server but only the one folder that I just created on the machine. Any ideas? ...

moving ifolder server to new server
I would like to move iFolder to a new, faster server. Users access the current via an NDS name that I would prefer to leave pointing to the old server. What is the easiest procedure? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- duplicate Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ I am very new to novell. Can you please explain? "Suzanne Miles" <smiles@NOSPAMthebisgroup.com> wrote in message news:6cqik0l5a5ql4a928mr1o1a7f61ehre4el@4ax.com... > duplicate > > ...

Restore server on same machine as iFolder server?
We are in the process of implementing iFolder 2.1 on NW 6SP3. It seems that we need a second iFolder server to restore to from tape in case of accidentally deleted and sync'ed files. Is it possible to install a second copy of iFolder on the same physical server, with a different IP address and DNS entry? (We have no other servers with lots of free disk space :-)) Or are they going to conflict in some way or another? -- Nils-Eivind Naas ISF, Oslo In article <Xns9447937791A13NilsEivindNaasisafno@130.57.4.213>, Nils-Eivind Naas wrote: > Is it possible ...

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

iFolder Client Causing iFolder on Server to Crash
i am running iFolder v2.1. if i leave the workstation client logged in for too long (full day) it creates an error_log over 4 gigs and causes ifolder to stop responding. after i restart the server, iFolder fails to load until i delete the log. i have tried to read the log, but it says its invaild. Chris Can you see the error log growing? I'd try to see what is being shown at the client, and also view the log file before it gets very big. Perhaps stopifolder, and then look at the log. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp See http://nscsysop.hyperma...

iFolder 3 + iFolder 2 on one server
Hi there, Given that iFolder 2 and 3 both have and lack capabilities that people like, has anyone tried putting them both on one OES/Linux box? If yes, how? -- -- Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards, Bert Plat / www.bertplat.nl When in doubt, use brute force. -- Ken Thompson Bert, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.nove...

Moving iFolder Folder to a new iFolder server
Have an existing iFolder user whose iFolder (about 1Gb) I need to move to a separate iFolder server. Existing user is on iFolder Server A (v3.2 and Directory Tree "A") Need to move him to iFolder Server B (v3.6 and Directory Tree "B") I have seen TIDS on moving a whole IFolder installation to a new server but nothing about individual folders. 1. Is there a process of importing the users existing iFolder into the new v3.6 server? 2. Can a v3.2 client access a v3.6 server? I am thinking that the best process is to convert the existing iFolder to a normal fol...

iFolder client unable to connect to iFolder server
This morning, when trying to log into iFolder via the iFolder client 3.7.1.20, I get the following message: "An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server. Please verify the information entered and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your network administrator." Funny thing is I can log into iFolder via web access without errors. I took a look at the simias.log and the only thing that stood out was: "Simias.SimiasException - The store has not been initialized." This error was logged 2009-04-15 12:11:17,765. Tried looking up ...

iFolder / NetStorage on one server with multiple servers
I have a situation where there are three servers in different locations, all have a vpn tunnel between them. I would like to install NetStorage and iFolder on one server, and have all users access their ifolder / netstorage. Keep in mind that each server will have the local users home directory. I'm aware that the ifolder data will reside on the main server, but I'm more concerned about the branch offices where they have a server and the users accessing their local user directory internally and externally. Thanks John, It appears that in the past few days yo...

ifolder / netstorage on one server with multiple servers
I have a situation where there are three servers in different locations, all have a vpn tunnel between them. I would like to install NetStorage and iFolder on one server, and have all users access their ifolder / netstorage. Keep in mind that each server will have the local users home directory. I'm aware that the ifolder data will reside on the main server, but I'm more concerned about the branch offices where they have a server and the users accessing there local user directory internally and externally. Thanks John, It appears that in the past few days you...

Web resources about - iFolder server to access a OES (netware) server? - novell.support.ifolder

kg4.org - file downloads
... a multisearch engine which crawls web searching links to files hosted on such file hosting services like Rapidshare, Uploading, Letitbit, Ifolder, ...

Altura Ventures
Altura Ventures.

Appigo Team
... that is functional and well designed. Prior to Appigo, Calvin has been a lead engineer at Novell, Inc. on the Novell Linux Desktop, iFolder, ...

daniel lench
Phones Samsung Epic 4 Sprint Android Download All Files Juice Defender Lookout AndChat ConnectBot Remote Desktop Client by Xtralogic, ...

Novell Revs Up NetWare
Company improves administration and Web services interoperability in Version 6.5 of its operating system.

HOWTO build your own open source Dropbox clone
UPDATE #4 It’s 2012, and this project is still alive, although I haven’t worked on lipsync as much as I should. I want to, and have new ideas ...

Open Source Projects
kablink is the first Enterprise suite for team collaboration built on an Open Source project to unify team workspaces with real-time conferencing, ...

The Linux BeaconNovell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3
Novell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3 by Timothy Prickett Morgan Novell said this week that it has begun shipping ...

iFolder - Online File Storage - Open Enterprise Server - Novell
iFolder provides secure and accessible online file storage. Whether you are working on your office or home computer, a disconnected notebook ...

Patch Finder
Patch Finder