iFolder client unable to connect to iFolder server

This morning, when trying to log into iFolder via the iFolder client
3.7.1.20, I get the following message: "An error was encountered while
connecting to the iFolder server.  Please verify the information entered
and try again.  If the problem persists, please contact your network
administrator."

Funny thing is I can log into iFolder via web access without errors.  I
took a look at the simias.log and the only thing that stood out was:
"Simias.SimiasException - The store has not been initialized."  This
error was logged 2009-04-15 12:11:17,765.  Tried looking up this error
to no avail.

Nothing was changed on the server and nobody can log in via the iFolder
client since this morning.  We are currently running iFolder 3.7 on SLES
10 SP2, OES 2 SP1.

I'm new to Linux so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Alice

--
akyuan

akyuan
4/16/2009 2:36:02 AM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I had a similar problem two weeks ago, after upgrading to 3.7 from 3.6.
Worked initially, then a day or two later I got that same error. I
dinked around with it for a while, verified I could log in via the Web
as you did. Finally, I punted, deleted the account info from my 3.7.1.20
client, restarted iFolder, then re-added the account info. Worked.

BTW, the new "merge" feature is a **GODSEND**. I've got ~3GB in my
personal iFolder going across a DSL line. In the past I was hesitant to
take such "drastic" steps as described above - re-synchs would take most
of a day - but now it's a snap. EXCELLENT feature.

GA

--
Greg Amy
GroupWise Admin

0
gregamy
4/16/2009 2:16:02 PM
Tried logging into iFolder this morning and it worked!  Don't know what
happened or what fixed it.  We know for a fact nobody did anything.
Server was not rebooted either.  The error last occurred 2009-04-15
22:32:33.

Hopefully this doesn't happen often!

--
akyuan
akyuan's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=33704
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=369423

0
akyuan

iFolder client cannot see server iFolders
Hi, I have just rebuilt my machine and reinstalled the iFolder client. When I connect to the server from the client a new Default folder is created on my machine but the "iFolders on iFolder" section does not display any of my folders on the server. If I log onto the web client I can see all of my folders - including the Default folder. If I create an iFolder on my machine with the same name as one on the server then I end up with two instances of iFolders with the same name on the server but only the one folder that I just created on the machine. Any ideas? ...

iFolder Client 3.6.7085.1
I have installed & setup iFolder 3.6.7085.1 running on SLES 10 SP1. I am able to connect to the iFolder server from my client using Firefox. I can connect to both http://<server>/admin as admin and http://<server>/ifolder as a user. I have installed iFolder Client 3.6.7085.1 on my Windows XP client but I am unable to create an account to the server. The iFolder Create Account Wizard's Verify Account process fails in the with the following: Unable to connect to iFolder Server - An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server ... -> Show...

ifolder client unable to connect server
just now i configured ifolder server 3.8. the web access part of the ifolder is working fine. but when i try to sync the ifolder c lient i am getting the below error. AN ERROR WAS ENCOUNTERED WHILE CONNECTING TO THE IFOLDER SERVER. PLEASE VERIFY THE INFORMATION ENTERED AND TRY AGAIN. IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR NETWOR ADMINISTRATOR. please see the atachment. Thanks. Davis Johny +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: ifolder clienterror.jpg | |Download: http://forums.novell....

iFolder client can not delete iFolder from server
Hi I managed to setup the open source IFolder server on SUSE 10.1. On my win2000 I use the 3.4 client. Everything works fine, except I cannot delete an iFolder from the server. It makes no difference if it is empty or there are files in it. When I click delete (and Yes) the icon of the iFolder turns gray and on the right the message is: "Waiting to connect". That takes forever, so I click refresh and the iFolder disappears and does not appear again even if I restart the client, but the data on the server remains. BTW I can delete the iFolder from the web interface without p...

iFolder Client Causing iFolder on Server to Crash
i am running iFolder v2.1. if i leave the workstation client logged in for too long (full day) it creates an error_log over 4 gigs and causes ifolder to stop responding. after i restart the server, iFolder fails to load until i delete the log. i have tried to read the log, but it says its invaild. Chris Can you see the error log growing? I'd try to see what is being shown at the client, and also view the log file before it gets very big. Perhaps stopifolder, and then look at the log. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp See http://nscsysop.hyperma...

Unable to connect to server (-105) ... iFolder Client
Hi, I've just installed the iFolder 2 on netware 6.5 with support pack 1. I installed the client on my PC and tried logging in but regardless of which username I use, it won't allow me to connect. I've already enabled users who have access to ifolder through the Ifolder admin console. I've also made sure that each user has appropriate access, infact I even enabled supervisor access to all the users on the entire Tree. But I am still unable to connect. I am thinking do I need to establish specific rights to any particular object or folder before I can con...

iFolder v.3 ifolders within an ifolder v.2x ifolder
Are there any know risks/issues with enabling v3 ifolders on folders that reside within an active 2.1 iFolder? The documentation sugests the this would be ill-advised, yet I have not seen any issues using this configuration. I would apreciate any insight into this matter. Matthew, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/...

iFolder Client error: Not enough space on the iFolder server
iFolder client gets the following error: iFolder synchronization cannot complete because you don't have enough space on the server. Free space on the server = 464 MB (total space available 3000 MB) Space needed to complete synchronization = 2536 MB. Please free up space in your iolder and click OK. Click Cancel to cancel to sync. iFolder client log looks like this: 13.3.2011 23:40:46 Synchronizing with server... 13.3.2011 23:40:48 Synchronization failed The volume size is 36 GB and it has free space 20% = 7 GB. So there is enough space to the iFolder sync. ...

Download iFolder 3.8 client from iFolder server?
Hi, Is it possible to download the iFolder 3.8 client from an iFolder 3.8 server? This was possible before in iFolder 2.x. I'm assuming since it supports auto-update that the client must be on the server somewhere, but I don't see a link on the iFolder login page to download the client, nor do I see a way to enable that on the Admin Intereface. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Best regards, Greg Hey Greg, Yes you can download them from your server Should be right here: ipaddress/welcome/clientsoft.html The actual path on the server where you can ju...

iFolder Admin tries to connect to nonexistent iFolder server
A few weeks ago, I finished migrating all of our iFolder users from our old iFolder server (IF2) to the new server (IF1). I then deleted the old iFolder server objects from the tree. Since then, I'm unable to run the iFolder administration utility in IE. It appears to 'start' to connect to the administration page, but then it tries to connect to the *old* iFolder server and fails with "Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable." This only happens on my PC, and only with IE. If I use F...

iFolder 3.6 (win) client. iFolder 3.2 server
I've just installed the iFolder 3.6 OES2 client (downloaded from www.ifolder.com) on my Vista box at home. It recognized my existing 3.2 iFolder and synchronized to my OES 1 server fine. I wanted to try the iFolder 3.6 client to see if resolved the shutdown problems with the 3.2 client (not that I minded the shutdown errors much, but a customer was complaining about them on their system). Having determined that it seems to work fine, the questions are: 1) Is iFolder 3.6 client *SUPPOSED* to work with 3.2 server? ie, is this supported? 2) If it's not supported,...

new ifolder clients not connecting to server using client
Hi, We have an OES SP2 server running iFolder. Clients that have been installed in the past can connect without any problem. When we install new clients from the website, these clients cannot connect. They receive the message: "An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server. Please verify the information entered and try again". When I look at the simias.log file on the ifolder server it says authentication is succesful ? 2009-11-10 11:53:17,339 [-1224164448] INFO Simias.Server.Authentication - Authenticated User iS : f7889600-402a-11dc-add7-005056950...

Ifolders to Ifolders professional
We currently have people using ifolders that came with Netware 6. We will be purchasing ifolders professional. Do I just run the new client over the old one? does the server portion have to be reinstalled because of the professional verses the bundled version? Any information regarding this upgrade and what to look out for would be appreciated. Thank You James --____YOLINNTXZFOEEJTHFWKK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi James, I have just done this and as long as you follow the steps in the insta...

Unable to connect to ifolder server?
Hello all, I am trying to connect the ifolder server from the ifolder client, i am getting the below error while connecting, please suggest Msg System.ArgumentNullException: null key Parameter name: key at System.Collections.Hashtable.Find (System.Object key) [0x00000] at System.Collections.Hashtable.Contains (System.Object key) [0x00000] at System.Collections.Hashtable.ContainsKey (System.Object key) [0x00000] at Simias.WebState..ctor (System.String DomainID) [0x00000] at Simias.DomainServices.DomainAgent.Login (System.Uri host, System.String domainID, System.Net.Netwo...

Web resources about - iFolder client unable to connect to iFolder server - novell.support.ifolder

kg4.org - file downloads
... a multisearch engine which crawls web searching links to files hosted on such file hosting services like Rapidshare, Uploading, Letitbit, Ifolder, ...

Altura Ventures
Altura Ventures.

Appigo Team
... that is functional and well designed. Prior to Appigo, Calvin has been a lead engineer at Novell, Inc. on the Novell Linux Desktop, iFolder, ...

daniel lench
Phones Samsung Epic 4 Sprint Android Download All Files Juice Defender Lookout AndChat ConnectBot Remote Desktop Client by Xtralogic, ...

Novell Revs Up NetWare
Company improves administration and Web services interoperability in Version 6.5 of its operating system.

HOWTO build your own open source Dropbox clone
UPDATE #4 It’s 2012, and this project is still alive, although I haven’t worked on lipsync as much as I should. I want to, and have new ideas ...

Open Source Projects
kablink is the first Enterprise suite for team collaboration built on an Open Source project to unify team workspaces with real-time conferencing, ...

The Linux BeaconNovell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3
Novell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3 by Timothy Prickett Morgan Novell said this week that it has begun shipping ...

iFolder - Online File Storage - Open Enterprise Server - Novell
iFolder provides secure and accessible online file storage. Whether you are working on your office or home computer, a disconnected notebook ...

Patch Finder
Patch Finder