How large space that iFolder could support ??

Hi All
My Salse ask me that If ifolder could support 20T single space as
storage....but I could not find about such information in admin guide.
who could teach me about the information ??

thanks!!

wyldkao

--
wyldkao

wyldkao
3/22/2012 7:46:02 AM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

wyld,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0
Automatic
3/28/2012 7:01:34 PM
Automatic reply;2185882 Wrote:
> wyld,
>
> It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response
> to your
> posting.  That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.
>
> Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the
> following options:
>
> - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or
> check all
> the other self support options and support programs available.
> - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted
> in the
> correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)
>
> Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of
> 'Novell - NetIQ - SUSE FAQ' (http://forums.novell.com/faq.php)
>
> If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our
> apologies
> and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
> http://forums.novell.com/

The limit is 2TB device size. If you 7TB of storage, that certainly
means you have some kind of RAID system and what you need to do is
present your storage as at least 4 different logical devices with less
than 2TB each. If any device has more than 2TB, NetWare simply is unable
to correctly handle it whatever partition size you want to use.
The source of the limitation is that NetWare can only handle DOS
partition tables which use 32 bit numbers to count the sectors and with
such a number range and 512 byte sectors, you only arrive at a maximum
of 2TB.  Note that you can create NSS pools that span multiple 2TB
partitions up to a maximum of 8TB.
'Novell Storage Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novell_Storage_Services)

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
'eDirectory Management and Reporting | DSRAZOR for eDirectory'
(http://www.visualclick.com/content/dsrazor-for-edirectory.htm)

--
leroyjjr
leroyjjr's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75462

0
leroyjjr
3/29/2012 10:06:01 PM
wyldkao wrote:

> Hi All
> My Salse ask me that If ifolder could support 20T single space as
> storage....but I could not find about such information in admin guide.
> who could teach me about the information ??
>
> thanks!!
>

> wyldkao

You did not specify what platform and such. I don't know why you would want
a single 20T volume. If it ever has to do any kind of a checkdsk it would
take forever once it got filled that large.

0
Rick

support/what support
Name: William Johnson Email: william0992atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: support/what support Comments: your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for certain websites. I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no directions as to what to do with it. What is it's purpose if there is no help function for it? ...

iFolder v.3 ifolders within an ifolder v.2x ifolder
Are there any know risks/issues with enabling v3 ifolders on folders that reside within an active 2.1 iFolder? The documentation sugests the this would be ill-advised, yet I have not seen any issues using this configuration. I would apreciate any insight into this matter. Matthew, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/...

Ifolder Demo Support
I have signed up for a demo account for Ifolder from the demo page (http://ifolderdemo.novell.com/). I have had to reload my computer and I cannot locate my user information to setup the client on my machine again. I can remember my username but I am unsure of my password and pass phrase. Is there anyone I can contact to get this information or to have it reset so I can continue my demo? Thanks in advance. Fraser Morrison LAN Administrator APSEA Morrisonf, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, an...

iFolder on Debian support
Hello, We are looking for individual or company who has experience in setting up and configuring iFolder so that it works smoothly on Debian. If you have such experience and are willing to provide us your support please contact me at: marcin@colubris.pl and provide me your offer for such a service. King regards, Marcin -- marcinz7 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ marcinz7, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has...

ifolder proxy support
--____KMSOXYYGKPJRSIVNOLAA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 6 Jul 2009 05:53:10 -0400" There was a check box in 2.1.7 that gave you the option to use IE's proxy = settings. That doesn't appear to be an option with 3.7.1.21. I am behind = a border server that doesn't permit non-proxy traffic. How am I supposed = to sync ifolder? --____KMSOXYYGKPJRSIVNOLAA____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____WTACRAFVGZTOSMASAKWQ____" ...

where is the ifolder 3 support?
Hi! Where can I find ifolder 3 support? Is iFolder 3 a Novell product anymore or is it something else? I think it sad that Novell didn't focus on iFolder 3, I have a lot of customers that find this VERY intresting! //boz Here.. What makes you think otherwise? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at http://support.novell.com/enhancement Using VA 5.51 build 315 on Windows 2000 build 2195 Yes but ...

iFolder support Webdav ?
Hi All If iFolder Support WebDav ? I want to use WebDav method direct connect ifolder folder. wyldkao -- wyldkao ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wyld, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and support programs available. ...

iFolder support for Vista
The iFolder client included in NW65SP7 does not indicate if it will install and work correctly on Vista. Is there a vista specific iFolder client available for 2.1.8? Will the current client work on Vista? Chris In article <DMKVi.488$Uq7.30@kovat.provo.novell.com>, Chris Murzda wrote: > Is there a vista specific iFolder > client available for 2.1.8? No. > > Will the current client work on Vista? > Unknown - I haven't tried it myself. In any case, there would not be official support from Novell for it. Craig Johnson Novell Support Co...

Ifolders to Ifolders professional
We currently have people using ifolders that came with Netware 6. We will be purchasing ifolders professional. Do I just run the new client over the old one? does the server portion have to be reinstalled because of the professional verses the bundled version? Any information regarding this upgrade and what to look out for would be appreciated. Thank You James --____YOLINNTXZFOEEJTHFWKK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi James, I have just done this and as long as you follow the steps in the insta...

iFolder Client error: Not enough space on the iFolder server
iFolder client gets the following error: iFolder synchronization cannot complete because you don't have enough space on the server. Free space on the server = 464 MB (total space available 3000 MB) Space needed to complete synchronization = 2536 MB. Please free up space in your iolder and click OK. Click Cancel to cancel to sync. iFolder client log looks like this: 13.3.2011 23:40:46 Synchronizing with server... 13.3.2011 23:40:48 Synchronization failed The volume size is 36 GB and it has free space 20% = 7 GB. So there is enough space to the iFolder sync. ...

iFolder 3.6 Will Not Sync Large iFolders
Hi, We have a new iFolder 3.6 server, with OES2. We're using XP and 3.6 Clients. I'm able to sync small ifolders no problem. The largest I have been able to sync has been just 60MB. Now since 7am this morning I have been trying to sync a folder 116MB, with 552 files. And its not working. Its starts OK, but after 5mins, it goes back to the start. Each time it gets a little further. And I dont know why it keeps going round the same loop. The best I ever go to was just 9 files left to sync. But now its gone back to over 500.. I now have three users with the sa...

No support for iFolder 1.03?
Just curious... am I barking up a dead tree here? It seems all the support I get on this board is geared towards iFolder Management Console, not available for my version of iFolder. --Ed EdB, > Just curious... am I barking up a dead tree here? It seems all the > support I get on this board is geared towards iFolder Management > Console, not available for my version of iFolder. Of course we support 1.ox here. What problems are you having? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE5, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aal...

iFolder. How to sort iFolder folders and files in the iFolder WEB login
How to sort iFolder WEB login? I like iFolder a lot, but the not sorting files and folders in the WEB login is really bad. I can't give my users the WEB function displaying files and folders not sorted. What settings or file versions can correct this? Thanks Bill bcramer@co.palm-beach.fl.us wrote: > How to sort iFolder WEB login? I like iFolder a lot, but the not sorting > files and folders in the WEB login is really bad. I can't give my users > the WEB function displaying files and folders not sorted. What settings or > file versions can correct this? &g...

Which version of iFolder support GroupWise archives?
Hi, Does anyone know which version of Ifolder supports GW archives? I heard that only one version supports this. Thanks Lance I'll ask Suzanne Miles Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection http://support.novell.com/forums/ Thanks Lance Suzanne Miles wrote: > I'll ask > > > > Suzanne Miles > Volunteer Sysop, Novell Support Connection > http://support.novell.com/forums/ None are supported, but one of my fellow sysops has had his GW Archive on iFolder 2.1 for years without issue. AS LONG AS you don't access it fro...

Web resources about - How large space that iFolder could support ?? - novell.support.ifolder

kg4.org - file downloads
... a multisearch engine which crawls web searching links to files hosted on such file hosting services like Rapidshare, Uploading, Letitbit, Ifolder, ...

Altura Ventures
Altura Ventures.

Appigo Team
... that is functional and well designed. Prior to Appigo, Calvin has been a lead engineer at Novell, Inc. on the Novell Linux Desktop, iFolder, ...

daniel lench
Phones Samsung Epic 4 Sprint Android Download All Files Juice Defender Lookout AndChat ConnectBot Remote Desktop Client by Xtralogic, ...

Novell Revs Up NetWare
Company improves administration and Web services interoperability in Version 6.5 of its operating system.

HOWTO build your own open source Dropbox clone
UPDATE #4 It’s 2012, and this project is still alive, although I haven’t worked on lipsync as much as I should. I want to, and have new ideas ...

Open Source Projects
kablink is the first Enterprise suite for team collaboration built on an Open Source project to unify team workspaces with real-time conferencing, ...

The Linux BeaconNovell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3
Novell Delivers Open Enterprise Server, Preps SUSE Professional 9.3 by Timothy Prickett Morgan Novell said this week that it has begun shipping ...

iFolder - Online File Storage - Open Enterprise Server - Novell
iFolder provides secure and accessible online file storage. Whether you are working on your office or home computer, a disconnected notebook ...

Patch Finder
Patch Finder