Bordermanager VPN client AND iFolder 2 client

Hello,

We have always given our laptop users the Novell BorderManager VPN client
(WinXP Pro)to access various services. We now have iFolder 2.1 available to
them. However, when they install the iFolder client, on reboot, they are
informed that a  problem has occured with the installion the iFolder client
and to retry the install. This doesn't get resolved.

Is it possible to run both?. I know the VPN client is not required for
remote access to iFolder, however, our users need the VPN client to access
other services.

Rgds.

Stan Chelchowski
0
stanch
12/19/2005 11:03:25 PM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

stanch@**.co.uk wrote:

> Is it possible to run both?.

Certainly. Running them both on several machines for years.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop

?????

I asked my question as we are having the problem described. Numerous
attempts on multi pcs produce the same result. The iFolder client works
fine when connected on the server's Lan.

It's good to know you have it working.

The Lan Vpn client is the from BM38Sp4 and the IFolder client is from NW65
(latest SP). Can you help?

Rgds.

Stan Chelchowski
0
stanch
12/20/2005 7:04:04 PM
Like Massimo, I too have the VPN client and iFolder client running at
the same time - but I am talking about the iFolder 2.x client.  (In
case there is some issue with the iFolder 3 client and VPN client I
don't know about).  Various versions of both VPN client and iFolder
over the years.

Are you saying that the iFolder client install works fine on the same
PC's if the BMgr VPN client is not installed?  It's not clear from your
post what linkage there is between the products.

I am currently running iFolder client 2.1.6 on PC's with VPN client
3.8.9 and 3.8.10.

Perhaps if you uninstall the VPN client, then put on iFolder, then
reinstall the VPN client?

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
*** For some iFolder tips, go to
http://www.craigjconsulting.com/ifolder.html ***

0
Craig
12/20/2005 8:20:51 PM
Hello Craig,

I am sorry for my lack of clarity, I guess it's due to the ever mounting
pressure our jobs put us under...

Take my laptop as an example...  it is WinXp pro SP2 + all patches, plus
latest Novell client (Ip only). On the lan, it logs into NW65 SP4a server
no problem. Internet Exploder surfs the Internet via BorderManager 3.7 no
problem.
I.E. finds iFolder2 user page and installs iFolder client. Create and use
IFolder2 no problem.
Install VPN client from BM38sp4 download, requires reboot. On reboot
IFolder client states it is not installed correctly and should be re-
installed.

Take laptop and travel home (Internet via Adsl router)
Remove iFolder client, reboot. On reboot, can log into VPN. I.E. can see
iFolder user page on NW65 server(through VPN, ofcourse). Install iFolder 2
client, requires reboot. On reboot iFolder client complains not installed
correctly and needs to be re-installed. And, round we go....

I guess if this is a new one to you guys I'd better retry with a fresh
install of Windoze XP and see how it goes then. However, this has happened
to a few people. That's why I thought maybe it was worth raising....

Thanking you in advance..

Rgds.

Stan Chelchowski

PS Is there really going to be a BM3.9? Do you know what's in it?
Have you done any work on Linux IPTable?
0
stanch

stanch@**.co.uk wrote:
> I.E. finds iFolder2 user page and installs iFolder client. Create and use
> IFolder2 no problem.
> Install VPN client from BM38sp4 download, requires reboot. On reboot
> IFolder client states it is not installed correctly and should be re-
> installed.

Never ever seen that one, basically using all the same software as you.

> Take laptop and travel home (Internet via Adsl router)
> Remove iFolder client, reboot. On reboot, can log into VPN. I.E. can see
> iFolder user page on NW65 server(through VPN, ofcourse). Install iFolder 2
> client, requires reboot. On reboot iFolder client complains not installed
> correctly and needs to be re-installed.

Nor that one. I can only assume something's weird going on with your
windows install.

> I guess if this is a new one to you guys I'd better retry with a fresh
> install of Windoze XP and see how it goes then.

Agreed.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Support Connection Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0
Massimo
12/21/2005 11:25:26 AM
In article <OV%pf.1060$jX2.80@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>,  wrote:
> I guess if this is a new one to you guys I'd better retry with a fresh
> install of Windoze XP and see how it goes then. However, this has happened
> to a few people. That's why I thought maybe it was worth raising....

My thoughts are the same as Massimo's.  I've never seen this issue, nor heard
of it before.  Both Massimo and I have seen a lot of BM VPN client installs,
through not necessarily a lot with also iFolder.  But I've been dependent on
iFolder since 1.0 came out, and the ifolder clients have been installed on
all of my PC's, certainly including at least 7-8 over the past few years
which also had a VPN client installed.

I can't even think where the iFolder client would have an interaction with
the VPN client stuff.

Craig Johnson
Novell Support Connection SysOp
*** For some iFolder tips, go to
http://www.craigjconsulting.com/ifolder.html ***

0
Craig
12/21/2005 4:33:33 PM
Hi Massimo & Craig,

Thanks for your input - I guess it's just my lucky day.....(sic)

Have yourselves a grand Christmas and New Year!

Rgds.

Stan Chelchowski

0
stanch

iFolder 3.2.5347.1 client broken by iFolder 3.6 client
Was using iFolder 3.6 with a test OES2 server. Worked fine incidentally. System previously had a working iFolder 3.2.5347.1 client talking to a (different) OES1 server. Discovered OES2 iFolder3 client doesn't work with the OES1 version of iFolder3. Fine. We finished testing and I removed the OES2 iFolder client from the windows xp box and reinstalled the 3.2.5347.1 client to reconnect to the OES1 system iFolder3. Broken. Get 'Unable to read ifolders' message with information box 'an error was encountered while reading the ifolders.' (this is befor...

iFolder client for Win7 with compatibility to iFolder 2.x
Hi, I am searching for an iFolder Client for Windows 7 with a backward compatibility to an iFolder for Netware 2.x. Any ideas where to get and how to configure ? regards, -- catanis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I would first suggest that you look on the NetWare iFolder 2.x server that you plan to connect to from the Windows 7 workstation for the client installation file. It's been a while -(iFolder 2.1.2 was released back in December of 2003, after all)- but I seem to recall that the client installation file was ge...

iFolder 3.6 (win) client. iFolder 3.2 server
I've just installed the iFolder 3.6 OES2 client (downloaded from www.ifolder.com) on my Vista box at home. It recognized my existing 3.2 iFolder and synchronized to my OES 1 server fine. I wanted to try the iFolder 3.6 client to see if resolved the shutdown problems with the 3.2 client (not that I minded the shutdown errors much, but a customer was complaining about them on their system). Having determined that it seems to work fine, the questions are: 1) Is iFolder 3.6 client *SUPPOSED* to work with 3.2 server? ie, is this supported? 2) If it's not supported,...

iFolder client cannot see server iFolders
Hi, I have just rebuilt my machine and reinstalled the iFolder client. When I connect to the server from the client a new Default folder is created on my machine but the "iFolders on iFolder" section does not display any of my folders on the server. If I log onto the web client I can see all of my folders - including the Default folder. If I create an iFolder on my machine with the same name as one on the server then I end up with two instances of iFolders with the same name on the server but only the one folder that I just created on the machine. Any ideas? ...

iFolder Client Causing iFolder on Server to Crash
i am running iFolder v2.1. if i leave the workstation client logged in for too long (full day) it creates an error_log over 4 gigs and causes ifolder to stop responding. after i restart the server, iFolder fails to load until i delete the log. i have tried to read the log, but it says its invaild. Chris Can you see the error log growing? I'd try to see what is being shown at the client, and also view the log file before it gets very big. Perhaps stopifolder, and then look at the log. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connection SysOp See http://nscsysop.hyperma...

iFolder client can not delete iFolder from server
Hi I managed to setup the open source IFolder server on SUSE 10.1. On my win2000 I use the 3.4 client. Everything works fine, except I cannot delete an iFolder from the server. It makes no difference if it is empty or there are files in it. When I click delete (and Yes) the icon of the iFolder turns gray and on the right the message is: "Waiting to connect". That takes forever, so I click refresh and the iFolder disappears and does not appear again even if I restart the client, but the data on the server remains. BTW I can delete the iFolder from the web interface without p...

iFolder client unable to connect to iFolder server
This morning, when trying to log into iFolder via the iFolder client 3.7.1.20, I get the following message: "An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server. Please verify the information entered and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your network administrator." Funny thing is I can log into iFolder via web access without errors. I took a look at the simias.log and the only thing that stood out was: "Simias.SimiasException - The store has not been initialized." This error was logged 2009-04-15 12:11:17,765. Tried looking up ...

Ifolder client 2.1.2 and Internet Explorer with Proxy settings.
Hello, We are installing the Ifolder client 2.1.2 on some laptops. The server is a NW6.5 sp1.1 US with iFolder 2.1.2, NetStorage, eGuide. The problem is ours laptops are configured with Internet Explorer 6 with the Proxy settings because we are using a proxy server for Internet navigation access. When the proxy is checked in Internet Explorer, the iFolder client cannot access the Ifolder server and make the connection. I think the iFolder client use the internet Explorer setting and try a connection with the proxy. Is there a fix, a tips or a solution to prevent this. Wi...

iFolder 2.1 client?
If I upgrade iFolder serverfiles from 2.0 to 2.1 do I need to update the clients also? So does 2.1 server-side work with 2.0 clients? I have a lot of users who are have a very little knowledge about computers so if the upgrade would be completely invisible to them I could do it. I have no real reason to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 at the moment. We have no performance issues with the server and the changes between the versions deal with those issues mostly to my knowledge. But if the upgrade would be made only to server-side then I could do it now for the future in mind when we w...

Ifolder Linux Client #2
Please may I have the beta Ifolder Linux client? Thank You, johns@netdtraining.com , > Please may I have the beta Ifolder Linux client? > I will ask. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Using VA 4.52 build 277 (32-bit) on Windows 2000 build 2195 Is this something different then the open source ifolder over on forge? Of course the one over on forge is based on mono, and I don't see a mono beta for netware, so that kinda puts a hold on the forge ifolder for ...

iFolder Client Install #2
Anyone have suggestions on the best way to deploy the iFolder client to 500 workstations? We will be using ZEN to deploy the client. Taking a snapshot of the application hasn't proven too reliable and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to manipulate the Install Shield with command line switches. We want the install to be as invisible to the users as possible. Does anyone know of a MSI that might make installation easier? Duplicate - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop (http://support-forums.novell.com) Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)...

ifolder client for Mac #2
Is there an iFolder client for mac that will work with iFolder installed to Netware Server. iFolder Version is 2.1. I downloaded the ifolder client. 3.0 and can't get it to connect to the the older 2.1 version. Please advise. Susan Mowers, > s there an iFolder client for mac that will work with iFolder installed > to Netware Server. iFolder Version is 2.1. > No, afaik. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all Novel...

Distribute iFolder 2 client
What is the best way to distribute the iFolder 2 client? We run ZenWorks 7. Is there a MSI-version of the client? Can it be converted to MSI via Wise or InstallShield? Anyone tested and have any cons and pro's? /Stefan Stefan Sjoberg, > Is there a MSI-version of the client? No, I did ask for a silent install way back when... > Can it be converted to MSI via Wise or InstallShield? Have not tried. - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell has a new enhancement request system, or what is now known as the requirement portal. If cust...

ifolder windows client #2
Is there many known bugs in the ifolder 3.1 client for Windows. Since i see there are several people having problems to make it work. I have the same problem as other it says i checking for new ifolders, but they do not appear in my client. Have tested several computers with Windows XP, but under Linux it is working. Regards Peter A I got the iFolder for Windows client working but as soon as there is a proxy in the middle, it starts acting up where it half works and half not. With Linux the same scenario runs fine. Any suggestions what to look for? Regards Andrie...

Web resources about - Bordermanager VPN client AND iFolder 2 client - novell.support.ifolder

NetIQ eDirectory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Novell - Blackboard
Novell helped invent the corporate network in the early 1980s and continues to drive technology for business today. Network software began with ...

Information
The site is using a web proxy cache , such as Novell BorderManager FastCache , Apache Traffic Server or a server running the open source Squid ...

Novell BorderManager 3.9
Novell BorderManager offers robust Internet access controls, content filtering capabilities, secure VPN services and firewall services supported ...

Patch Finder
... of your choice. Standard Select Select a Product Access Governance Access Manager Account Management (NAM) Apache AppArmor Audit BorderManager ...

Press Releases - SuperLumin
June 11, 2013 SuperLumin Event Proxy Provides 5,000 Attendees with High-Speed Web Browsing Experience at Adobe MAX Conference May 7, 2013 ...

Support - SUSE
SUSE's world class support organization offers customers the best support experience in the industry.

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is an American multinational software and services company headquartered in Provo, Utah . It has been instrumental ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Novell, Inc. / n oʊ ˈ v ɛ l / is a software and services company. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Attachmate Group . It specializes in ...

IPX/SPX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPX and SPX are derived from Xerox Network Systems ' IDP and SPP protocols, respectively. IPX is a network layer protocol (layer 3 of the OSI ...