Added a NIC to ifolder server but I cannot see web services

I setup an iFolder server and can browse to the local IP and the
loopback interface and the ifolder /Netstorage / Novell welcome screen
is all fine.

I then added a new NIC and attached this to my DMZ network. I can ping
the DMZ address, but if I try to browse from within the DMZ network I
cannot get the web services up and running using the DMZ IP address.

I have telnetted to the server and it is listening on that address and
port.

Is there something I have to do to let Apache / tomcat know that this
new IP address is there? It is open to all addresses as I have added no
restrictions and the firewall is off for now as well.

Could it just be a routing issue?

--
rob_collins

rob
3/19/2012 12:56:02 PM
novell.support.ifolder 4327 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sorry Might just be a routing issue, as when I make the default gateway
the router on the DMZ it all seems to work, but if I make the default
gateway the internal gateway then there seems to be an issue. very
strange. But seems to be working now.

--
rob_collins
rob_collins's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=6768

0
rob
3/19/2012 1:06:02 PM
Thanks Thomas, I have the webservices running now so yes I will probably
have to do that to get the ifolder services working

--

rob_collins;2183229 Wrote:
> I setup an iFolder server and can browse to the local IP and the
> loopback interface and the ifolder /Netstorage / Novell welcome screen
> is all fine.
>
> I then added a new NIC and attached this to my DMZ network. I can ping
> the DMZ address, but if I try to browse from within the DMZ network I
> cannot get the web services up and running using the DMZ IP address.
>
> I have telnetted to the server and it is listening on that address and
> port.
>
> Is there something I have to do to let Apache / tomcat know that this
> new IP address is there? It is open to all addresses as I have added no
> restrictions and the firewall is off for now as well.
>
> Could it just be a routing issue?

I think when you run simias-server-setup it asks for public and private
URL of the iFolder server, you could try rerunning the setup and enter
the correct public and private information.

Thomas

--
thsundel
thsundel's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=128

rob_collins;2183233 Wrote:
> Sorry Might just be a routing issue, as when I make the default gateway
> the router on the DMZ it all seems to work, but if I make the default
> gateway the internal gateway then there seems to be an issue. very
> strange. But seems to be working now.

Okay ignore my previous post then, glad you got it working :)

Thomas