SSLVPN ActiveX OCX file

Has anyone else noticed that the SSLPVPN ActiveX component in NAM 3.1.1
appears to have an invalid code signing certificate? The Verisgin
certificate that signs the ActiveX applet expired in April 2010 which
means that the ActiveX component always causes a prompt in Internet
Explorer....

Just curious if anyone has seen this?
0
com
6/11/2010 9:24:45 AM
novell.support.access-manager 2305 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The activeX client is so messed up it's not even funny.

The "preinstall" installs everything fine, but then the login page
fails to detect it's been installed and repeatedly wants you to
reinstall it every time.

Unfortunately it won't be fixed until sometime AFTER 3.1 SP2 ships.

--
kjhurni

kjhurni

File Manager Application With Custom File Access
Hello,  Thanks in advance for any tips.   I am building a file management application which will allow file markup/sharing across the internet for all ms office, adobe pdf, photographs and other document formats.  The docs will be marked up with add-in components that are not built yet. I have decided to start with building on a file permissions module.  I understand changing FileAttributes with IO.File.SetAttributes methods(i.e. user sets file to read-only), but that does not address file permission for multiple users.   The application wil...

SSLVPN and File Access
Have they added file level access to this product yet? I know there are plans for it. That's what holding us back so far, from switching from BM. Thanks, Mike... Mfaris, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.c...

Upload/File manager access
We're deploying DNN in an intranet-type scenario with different teams delegated access to different areas of the site. I need to be able to give all of the section editors the ability to upload files, but can't seem to find any permission in DNN to do this. Can anyone recommend a solution? I'd really prefer not to make them all admins, some of them really aren't technical and I don't want to be doing twice-daily restores of the database ;) Alternatively are there any modules which will do this? Possibly the Repository Module would serve your purposes? http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Default....

SSLVPN on Access Manager 3.1
Hello NG I have Access Manager 3.1 on my environment. Unfortunatelly it is not possible to establish a sslvpn connection with a Windows 7 client. How can I solve this? Is there a patch available, do that i can establish an sslvpn connectionw with Access Manager 3.1 on Windows 7? Thanks Ramon Lustrati Hi. I think Windows 7 is not supported yet. Best regards, Alessandro Ramon Lustrati;1901453 Wrote: > Hello NG > > I have Access Manager 3.1 on my environment. Unfortunatelly it is not > possible to establish a sslvpn connection with a Windows 7 cl...

File Manager Access for Non-Admins
How can I allow non-admins to access the File Manager? I know they can access the content by setting the view roles. I noticed the edit role was there, too; but I'm not sure how to allow the users to see the File Manager so they can actually update the files. Is this possible?Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin.com I've done it in DNN2.1.2 and I imagine its not too different in DNN3. I added the role you would like to access the file manager (e.g. ContentEditors) by ticking the checkbox in the file manager security settings > permissions. Then you add a ...

File Manager access to non admins
Is there a way to let users upload files using the built in File Manager? I know there are 3rd party modules that do uploads, but I don't need anything fancy at the moment. I'm trying to delegate some stuff to other people that are not admins. I need for some developers in my team to be able to upload code examples and prototyps to one of the download pages we have. I'm using DNN 2.1.2 Thanks! Hector This is a valide question. Does anyone have an answer?Barzalou I posted this question a while back. On the main File Manager page you will notice the ability to grant users File...

Download : button to access file manager
Hello, In the download window (tools->download), there is a button which point to the default download directory. When wlicked, on Windows, it opens the file explorer at this location. I am using Firefox (2.0.0.5) on Linux on the button has no effect. How do I set the command to launch when this button is clicked ? I check the about:config but can't find anything. Is that a compilation option ? Any hint would be helpful, Fabrice dummy <watch.the@stars.mw> wrote: > Hello, > > In the download window (tools->download), there is a button which point &g...

Access Manager
Hi, I have a few web apps protected by access manager that upload Excel files. The file upload is not working with access manager. I don't get any error messages in any logs (that I can find anyway.... the LAG logs are kind of difficult to interpret), and the only error I get in IE is Page cannot be displayed. This works without access manager. I know that's not much information, but has anyone ever seen anything like this? Thanks, Jeff -- jeynon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hi Jeff, This was simil...

File is not accessible after File.Create()
When I use File.Create(filename) method, file is created but it is inaccessible until application closes. That means I cannot add any text lines to this file which is my intention. Is there some method to end File.Create like StreamReader.Close() or something ? Did you use file.open method to write to that file. Make sure to check the folder permissions. You should give ASPNET Machine Account write permissions to that folder. If you do not have one listed, Add user ASPNET and give him appropriate permissions. Hope this will help. This should work, although FileStream don't let you d...

About Rename file in file manager
I think dnn should restrict the action of renaming files. Because people can upload some allowed files then they rename their files to any filename they needed. this is dangerous !!! people can take control over the host in this way. so the core should add some code to restrict people .people are only allowed to rename to allowed type. sorry for my bad English!...

access denied for file access
hello I have been having trouble accessing a file from a specific server in our network. Here is the login information I get: Request.LogonUserIdentity.ToString()=System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity Request.ServerVariables["Logon_User"]=COMPANY\companydomain Request.ServerVariables=jimmy now the only difference between thse variables in the server where it actually works (I get access to the file) is that on the working server the Request.ServerVariables["Logon_User"]= " " I tried using filemon to figure out what path access is denied and I have the f...

EAServer using ActiveX via OCX file???
I have an ActiveX object I need to use from an EAServer application. The ActiveX is in the form of an OCX file, there is no DLL or TLB files to import. Is there a way to bring an ActiveX/OCX into EAServer? The application I am deploying is written in PowerBuilder, I can add the ActiveX control to a PB window. I am not sure how or if this will work with EAServer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! -Marc. can you wrap with a pb nvo? -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] CEO Certified PowerBuilder Developer www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 ext 112 <Marc Zwillinge...

sometimes can be error. than, i hope firefox create download manager to manage file when we download a file.
Name: epongmayana@gmail.com Email: epongmayanaatgmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: sometimes can be error. than, i hope firefox create download manager to manage file when we download a file. Comments: i thing pre-release version of firefox is good, but if try, sometimes it can't be open. i like the template,so don't change it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090407 Minefield/3.6a1pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback b...

Access files and text files.
Hi everyone, In an attempt to create a program that will convert a text file into an access file, I figure what I need to do is read 1 line at a time from the txt and do INSERT statements to put them into the access files. I can use CREATE TABLE to create new tables and separate the data. Now, my problem is that I want to chop one big textfile into a bunch of databases based on some criteria (station id for example). How do i create a new .mdb file, that i want to be a certain name (station3.mdb for example) through code? In other words, how do i create a blank mdb file on-the-fly, that i...

Web resources about - SSLVPN ActiveX OCX file - novell.support.access-manager

ActiveX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 1996 and is commonly used in its Windows operating system. In principle it is not dependent on Microsoft Windows, but in practice, most ActiveX ...

유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store on iTunes
Get 유자드 웹-무료 웹브라우저(Flash, ActiveX) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Activex - ARN
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

IE8 to boost ActiveX security on Vista
ActiveX has long been regarded as a gaping hole through which spyware and …

Internet Explorer gets more secure will start blocking outdated ActiveX controls
... the computers of friends and family. Today, Microsoft announces that Internet Explorer is getting more secure by blocking outdated ActiveX controls. ...

ActiveX for Windows - Free downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com
The most downloaded ActiveX software, including PlayReady PC Runtime v1.3 (x64), PDF OCX, and PDF Maker DLL

Microsoft probing ActiveX attacks targeting Access feature
Vulnerability in ActiveX control for feature in Microsoft Access is being used for targeted but limited attacks, Microsoft says.

Microsoft nixes ActiveX add-on technology in new Edge browser
Microsoft's new Edge browser will discard two of the oldest browser technologies found in the aged Internet Explorer and replace them with add-ons ...

More issues with the Video ActiveX Control flaw workaround
The simple registry update to disable the buggy Video ActiveX Control is not as simple as it first appears.

Google's Native Client almost 'ready for takeoff,' ready to make ActiveX look visionary
We're almost there, almost to the release of the Native Client we first got wind of last May. It is, basically, a way to run native code within ...