Mount Linux share to Linux server

I am trying to mount a Linux share to another Linux server.  I attempted
to use the command mount -t smbfs -o user=username //server/share /mount
point

I got a strange error 24231: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess
(Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

I made sure the user name I used had a samba account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

--
bspangler

bspangler
6/7/2011 7:36:03 PM
novell.sles.configure 3559 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi

Do you have restrictions based on the machine-ip or based on a specific
user in your smb.conf? Is your samba-server domain-joined?

If your samba is not domain joined, try this:

Code:
--------------------

  $ mount.cifs //sambaserver/share /mnt/ -o user=user1
--------------------

or if your samba-server is domain joined, try this:

Code:
--------------------

  $ mount.cifs //sambaserver/share /mnt/ -o user=DOMAIN/user1
--------------------

Regards,
Tom

--
amo_vzug
amo_vzug's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=25342

0
amo
6/8/2011 5:36:02 AM
Thanks for the quick response.  It is not joined to the domain and the
command you gave worked perfect.  Thanks for your help.

--
bspangler
bspangler's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=17842
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=440066

0
bspangler

LINUX and Adaptive Server for LINUX
What does everybody think about the stability of Sybase on LINUX, and where can i get mor information about it? -- Ramses Palomo CSSoftware, Inc. Guatemala rpalomo@starnet.net.gt This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------1131468DB38D86409C30C2E2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Ramses Palomo wrote: > > What does everybody think about the stability of Sybase on LINUX, and > where can i get mor information about it? > > -- > Ramses Palomo > CSSoftware, Inc. Guatemala > rpalomo@starne...

How to share a printer Linux to Linux
Hi, I've seen lots of posts on sharing printers in a mixed network, but I have 3 machines all with SUSE 10.3 - and I am having great difficulty in figuring out how to share the printer attached to the machine I use as a server. I have even tried Samba, but no success. Has anyone succeeded with setting up a shared printer using YAST? thanks for any reply -- prtowlson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I just solved your problem yesterday. I'm printing using cups and IPP. So I didn't print via samba. You should ...

Move Linux GW7 to new Linux Server
Hello: I have a Linux GroupWise 7.0.2 system that I need to move to new server hardware. The current server is SLES 10 (non SP1). The new server is SLES 10 SP1. How would I go about doing that? Can I just: 1. Install eDirectory on the new server and add it to the tree. 2. Install GroupWise 7.0.2 on the new system. 3. Copy the GroupWise domain and post office directories from the old system to the new system (would be in the same location). 4. Change the eDir objects to point to the new IP address. 5. Start the MTA/GWIA on the new server. Or, is there something else that I wo...

User app on Linux--SLES or OES Linux?
Does the userApp in IDM3 care whether it's on a SLES9 server or an OES Linux server? (Yes, I know OES Linux is SLES 9, but it's got other stuff on it too) Does it require eDir On THAT SLES server? or can it just point to a replica via LDAP? If it needs eDir, does it also need replicas on it? Thanks! m_jonis wrote: > Does the userApp in IDM3 care whether it's on a SLES9 server or an OES > Linux server? > > (Yes, I know OES Linux is SLES 9, but it's got other stuff on it too) > > Does it require eDir On THAT SLES server? or can it ju...

Question :Linux box Linux to the ASE server
Hello there, I have setup up an ASE server on my redhat 6.0, i tried to link this server from another computer which running the winNT(open client is installed) and it is works very well. and i want to link(use) the ASE server from another Linux(also installed Redhat 6) How can i do ? i guess i should first install something just like the open client like my WinNT box and then install some Admin tools Please give me advice, TIA -- o __ _ | / \_|/ |/\__/ |__/ /| \| Tomorrow Never Die jOe wrote: > > Hello there, > > I ha...

How to mount shared directories
Using a SUSE server, what's the best method/tool available to mount existing shared directories? I have defined shares on a Window 2008 server and am attempting to configure the SUSE server. -- Otcceo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ For file sharing between Unix/Linux and MS systems use SAMBA/ A good guide is at:'openSUSE SuSE Linux HOWTOs and Tutorials by Swerdna' (http://opensuse.swerdna.org/index.html). -- Henk van Velden ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hcvv...

Linux to Linux VPN
Hey All, Hopefully this is something that can be done. I have a main office with a Win2000 server. I have a remote office with 3 computers, right now each of the remote computers connects to the windows2000 server over the internet using VPN with the W2K box being the VPN server. This causes a few problems because of the domain login and the user's are not the ummmm brightest with computers. What I want to do it place a perment VPN with auto re-connect so when they unplug the DSL modem to plug in the Fax (I know I know) and then plug the DSL back in it will re-sync the VPN...

Migrate linux to linux
We want to migrate our gw7 from netware to linux but because we lack a spliffy new server i need to move it to a temporary server first. Thankfully we have an OES2 'test' server currently running in our production tree with suse10 and oes2. After we migrate the Netware server to the test server and get everything running, is it enough to just install the agents on the real server, copy the entire database over from test maintaining path etc, change some ip's in the nds and hit start ? - Arjan On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:46:01 +0000, Arjan wrote: > After we m...

configuring new linux server
When installing packages on a fresh barebones debian/ubuntu server installation, in what order would you guys recommend installing the standard 'lamp' packages of apache, mysql, perl and php for best results? mc MicroChip wrote: > When installing packages on a fresh barebones debian/ubuntu server > installation, in what order would you guys recommend installing the > standard 'lamp' packages of apache, mysql, perl and php for best results? > > mc Probably (just guessing) Apache should be first. But on Ubuntu there is a single command to instal...

Sybase SQL Server for Linux
Hi, I'm looking at the Linux Journal, February 1998 (issue 46) pg 12 paragraph 3. "From the Editor: Databases" I quote: "As to the "big 2", Sybase and Oracle: Sybase sells an official Linux version but refuses to support it, and Oracle has had an "in-house" port to Linux for some time that they neither support nor sell." I'm almost 100% certain they are refering to the OpenClient for Linux (which is free). But then again, you never know. Can anyone confirm or deny this officially? If denied, please contact Linux Journal ...

Get Linux to mount to a Netware server
hello. i am trying to move files from a NW6.0 server to a OES Linux server. So, i loaded NCPFS on the Linux box, in hopes that i could mount over to the NW6.0 i did this: ipx_configure --auto_interface=on --auto_primary=on slist which returned: >slist: Server not found (0x8847) in ncp_open that is not a good thing because then this Next command doesnt work: ncpmount -S FIRE_NW -U bruce /home/bruce/stuff i get >ncpmount: Server not found (0x8847) when trying to find FIRE_NW Sigh I have a LOT of files that i need to move. and i dont want ...

Configuring Linux User management on SLES
We can not get Edir users to authenticate on SLES 10 servers. We have followed the appnote below. 'Configuring Linux User Management on non-OES2, SLES 10 Servers | Novell User Communities' (http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4652/configuring-linux-user-management-non-oes2-sles-10-servers) When I try to ssh to my SLES 10 server, the message log displays: "Invalid user USERNAME from 10.10.10.10" nds_authenticate()"ldap_compare failed with crypted password PAM_NAM : NDS Login failed error: PAM: User not known to underlying authentication module for ill...

Configuring RSM Server Event on Linux
Hi, I am configuring RSM Server Event function on Linux Platform. I got the following error. Here is the error message coming from RSM log file. E. 2005/01/18 18:42:27. ERROR #100 BROKER(1) - /sysproc.c(534) Operating System returned error 8 : 'Exec format error' . E. 2005/01/18 18:42:27. ERROR #44051 BROKER(1) - /sysproc.c(537) Error trying to run the child process : 'call_me' . I have no trouble to do the same configuration on Windows 2000 Platform. I am running RS 12.5 with EBF 10090 on Red Hat 9. Do...

Source server mount on Linux failed, huh?
Hi everyone, Trying to do a simple easy GW migration for GW 703 from netawre to linux. Single domain, PO and a GWIA, couldn't be any simpler... Have double checked absolutely everything, done PO, DOM checks, all the usual precautions. Run the migrate utility, gets as far as creating source po mount on linux server and fails. Logs report an error 669, invalid credentials. Then a 'remote command failed - error 55' Tried running the mount command on Linux manually then, works as it should with the same credentials I gave the gwmigrate utility. So this begs the questi...

Web resources about - Mount Linux share to Linux server - novell.sles.configure

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Price Drop: MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your ...
MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your PC, NAS, UPnP servers, Windows Media Player or iTunes ...

Intel Rising: Server Stronger Than Ever, Says JMP; Here Comes Apple?
... stock to Market Outperform from Market Perform, assigning a $45 price target, righting that the company will strengthen its hold on its server ...

Server shipments, vendor revenue go up in Q3 2015
In the third quarter of 2015, worldwide server shipments grew 9.2 percent from the third quarter of 2014, while vendor revenue increased 7.5 ...

Bloodborne servers taken down for 'emergency maintenance'
An exploit and other "serious issues" have been detected.

Latest Windows Server 2016 beta shows off Microsoft's new containers
Microsoft launched the fourth technical preview for the next version of Windows Server on Thursday, giving the public access to its new Hyper-V ...

Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server
Senator Wonders If Hillary Is Covering Legal Expenses For Tech Firm That Managed Her Email Server

Inventec achieves major improvement in server orders for 2017
With Intel expected to launch its next-generation server platform Purley in the second half of 2017, vendors such as Hewlett-Packard (HP), Dell ...

Server Files Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Pigalle Restaurant
... restaurant Pigalle is being accused of sexual harassment by a waitress , who says that management implied her jeans were "too much." The server ...

Hyper-V, PowerShell Top IT Pros' Windows Server 2016 Wish List
Container support is nice, but most IT pros are looking forward to Hyper-V virtualization updates and new PowerShell capabilities.