A Process ??�� using too much memory in the server

This is my situation..
Server HP Proliant 370 dual processor 3.6Ghz 4Gb Ram
Clean installation of SLES9, cpus with (some) peaks of 0.5% and average
memory usage of 0,5Gbytes.
After i installed samba 3.0.20b (default configuration, no pdc) at this
moment is sharing one folder read-only (about 100Mb) the average memory
usage is 4Gb but
the top command shows me 0.0% memory for the process running, however it
says:
- mem 3978120k total - 3911892k used -
-153012k Buffers
- 8514408k swap - 16k used.

So.. the question is, how can i know what is taking/using all the memory??
Thanks in adv, for any help.

0
TL
10/11/2006 9:05:16 PM
novell.sles.configure 3559 articles. 1 followers. Follow

TL <tinchole@satlink.com> wrote:
> - 8514408k swap - 16k used.

That looks fine.

> So.. the question is, how can i know what is taking/using all the memory??

Please read
	http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Low_amount_of_free_memory

HTH,
--
Ray Dassen
Technical Support Engineer, EMEA Services Center, Novell Technical Services

Server.nlm using too much memory
The server.nlm on my Netware 6.5 SP1a server keeps grabbing more memory than it needs. I noticed that after restarting the server due to "cache memory allocator out of available memory" error, server.nlm was allocated 62MB but was actually using 602MB. Three days later, it had grabbed additional 60MB, totalling 662MB. Right now as Am typing this, it has grabbed additional 600MB, thus using 1.2GB. Below is the basic server configuration: Total physical memory= 5GB memory Harddrives=6 ( 2 drives mirrored as SYS volume, 3 drives RAID 5, and 1 drive Hotspare). No we...

How to get running time and used memory of an process in C# using Process class?
I am working on an online judge recently.and the very important function is  to get the running time and used memory of the user's programme.I know there's a Process class in C#. and i can start an exe using this class,along with additional parameters.The class also provides the ability to get the memory of the running process and running time.But the  problem is,there're types of defined memory in this class:paged memory,unpaged memory,working set,...etc.which is the real memory the programme take?The same problem goes with time.there's user time and cpu time in process class of w...

Memory Used by a Process (or Memory Avail)
Does anyone know the best way to determine (using Power++) how much memory is currently used or available for the system. What I am actually trying to do is do a difference on memory in order to see how much memory is being consumed by a datawindow as it runs (it seems to suck up memory). Thanks. DonL You aren't going to believe this but the dw has a property that will do this already. This is the code that will work in Powerbuilder dw_1.Describe("DataWindow.Storage"). See "Storage DataWindow object property" in the online help. (At least that...

How much memory should a server use? DHCP/DNS/WWW/GrpWise(POA/MTA/GWIA/GWINTER)/iFolder/Msgr/File/iPrint/
We have a HP GL 380 G4 server with 4gb of ram (maxed out) and 200gb of disk space (90gb free) being backed up with an 200gb LTO drive ... and about 75 users (active connections) accessing files, printing, getting email, et al + customers accessing our website. I'm starting to think that we should order a separate groupwise/email / web server in the two year budget due to memory usage. Since we started using Groupwise our memory has dropped from 2gb free to 910mb free... peak 760mb. We also have received the Available Logical Space warning messages and the Remote Administrator...

Configuring web server to process request from a specific server
Hi,    I am using to servers to host my application.    In one server, my web application and in another server WCF webservices.    I would like to know how can I configure webservices server to process only request from my web application server Thanks & Regards BIMAL Hi BIMAL, In my opinion, you can first estimate the IP Address of request in the web method, if it is equal to the web application server’s IP Address, handle this request, otherwise, return a specific value directly. For example, please refer to the following sample code.  ...

XP Server Processes: Executing isql Using XP Server
Hi everybody, We have many procedures which use XP server procedure, xp_cmdshell, to run isql commands. Surely we pass user and password to isql inside parameter of xp_cmdshell like: EXEC xp_cmdshell "isql -Usa -i findobj.sql -P becali" I wonder whether anyone can see the full command line ("isql -Usa -i findobj.sql -P becali") using "ps -ef" or XP server hides commands sent by xp_cmdshell from unix users. thanks. Ibrahim Dogan wrote: > > Hi everybody, > > We have many procedures which use XP server procedure, xp_cmdshell, t...

Newbie: optimizing my server's memory use (avoiding memory leaks)
Hi. Using Perl v5.8.5 with DBI-1.47 on Linux. I've developed some Perl scripts which are executed by crons and handle data by using MySQL. I want to optimize my server's memory use and would like to avoid and find memory leaks. I use this code: ---------- $DB =3D DBI->connect ("DBI:mysql:database=3D$DBNAME:host=3D$DBHOST", $DBUSER, $DBPASS) or die "Can't connect to database:$DBI::errstr\n"= ; while(@r1 =3D $q1->fetchrow_array( )) {...} $q1->finish; $DB->disconnect; --------- Must I compulsory close c...

Using to much memory
Name: Abbie Tireman Email: snowlover1_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Using to much memory Comments: I don't know what you did to the new 1.5 but if I leave my browser open for long periods of time which I do and have alwasy done it starts sucking up memory what gives?? Why is it using so much it never used too. I hope this is fixable I really like firefox but having to shut down my browser 5 times a day is getting old. I have plently of memory I use about 35% but if let open for a while it goes up to over 70% Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT...

What DNS server is used when using a proxy server?
Hey to all :) When you are using an anonymous proxy-server for the internet what happens with the translation of typed URLs to the IP address? What DNS server is used for the URL translation of the websites you visit? 1. The DNS server of your ISP or 2. the DNS server of the anonymous proxy server? Or in other words, who manages the URL translation for the visited websites: your ISP or the anonymous proxy server? Thanx in advance, Little Admin On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:45:32 +0100, Little Admin <i-do-not-have-email@hotmail.com> wrote: > When you are us...

recursion and memory use... a lot of memory use.
I have this program that recurses through a directory structure building Default.htm files. The idea here was to quickly generate a bunch of these things to replace the default index listing you normally see. The part that's giving me trouble is the navbar that should have a nested structure like... Food Fruit Apples Oranges Kiwi Vegetables Coffee Critters Cars Rocks So that if you are in /DocRoot/Food/Fruit you would see the above on the left all properly linked yada yada. The code I've pasted in does this just fine (I've removed a b...

database mail
 hello,i want to configure database mail on sql server 2005 for sending email alerts(i think everything is ok on the sql server config)the problem is about the smtp virtual server on the iis can someone tell me how should i config this onethanks  ...

Firefox is crippling my computer by using up too much memory
Name: David Atkinson Email: davidbrookeatkinsonatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox is crippling my computer by using up too much memory - as much as 145 megs, even after it was shut down. Comments: I switched to Firefox a few years ago because of its speed. I am going back to IE. David Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 GTB6 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not...

DDNS
--____OGIJWEIFSZWDFEMDUXEK____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Thu, 10 Jan 2007 09:40:29 -0500" We have a Netware 6.5 sp5 server running DHCP and I recently setup a SLES = 10 DNS server, and now i want to dynamically add my workstation hostnames = to the DNS server. I've setup DDNS on the SLES 10 side and generated my = TSIG Private and public keys, but I'm not sure how to get the public keys = to my clients. I'm assuming i would use DHCP, but do not see...

ASE 11.9.2 appears to be using more memory than 'total memory' configuration
Does anyone kmow why the swap /tmp filesystem reduces by the approx size of the ASE total memory configuration when I start ASE 1192 System with NO ASE running top shows:: Memory: 4096M real, 3538M free, 2048M swap free df -k shows: Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on swap 5546592 16 5546576 1% /tmp System with ASE Running top shows: Memory: 4096M real, 540M free, 2048M swap free PID USERNAME THR PRI NICE SIZE RES STATE TIME CPU COMMAND 1133 sybase ...

Web resources about - A Process ??�� using too much memory in the server - novell.sles.configure

Stationary process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the mathematical sciences , a stationary process (or strict(ly) stationary process or strong(ly) stationary process ) is a stochastic process ...

Toshiba Unveils SOI Process Achieving the Lowest-class Insertion Loss in the Industry for RF Switches ...
Toshiba announced the development of &quot;TaRF8&quot;, a next generation SOI process optimized for RF switch applications in smartphones that ...

Thoughts on the inter-relatedness of software architecture, infrastructure, and process. -or- Three tasty ...
... audience, I kept coming back to talking about our infrastructure (specifically our automation for build/test/deploy/monitor) and our process ...

Paul Ryan comes up empty when pressed on what's wrong with our current refugee screening process
... and their reactions to Paris, this might be my favorite paragraph to date. Republicans know they have a problem with the vetting process, but ...

How Early Lessons in Entrepreneurial Process Helped Build Swipes
... get to see become reality. For Yana Vlatchkova , COO and Co-founder of Swipes, lessons learned in the early stages of the entrepreneurial process ...

Task Force Recommends Easy FAA Drone Registration Process
DAILY VIDEO: Drone task force recommends simple registration process for owners; Dell instructs users to remove rogue eDellRoot CA; Microsoft, ...

First: Astronomers capture a planet in the process of forming
Astronomers have captured the first-ever photos of a forming planet, a gas giant some 450 light-years from Earth.

He Helped Us Understand the Process of Economic Change: Douglass C. North, 1920-2015
He Helped Us Understand the Process of Economic Change: Douglass C.

Expelled Georgia Tech student files lawsuit over school's sexual misconduct process
A former Georgia Tech student is suing officials at the Atlanta university and the University System of Georgia after being expelled in April ...