zenworks

What are the key ingredients for remote desktop with zenworks.

ex.  i want to be able to view a desktop from my workstation.
0
hollanme

hollanme@lcps.k12.va.us wrote:

> What are the key ingredients for remote desktop with zenworks.
>
> ex.  i want to be able to view a desktop from my workstation.

Best asked in zen forum, but I'll answer it up to 6.5

Remote control/view of deskop.
Remote wakeup of desktop (if unit supports it)
Remote file transfer to desktop
Application deployment and distribution
Windows group policy control/distribution
Workstation hardware and software inventory
Dynamic local user creation with specified rights (when you log in with
a netware account it creates it on the workstation automatically if you
configure a policy to do so)

There's more than this but that's the big items.
0
Patrick
12/20/2006 7:44:31 PM
You may also need to disable Windows Firewall on remote workstation...

> Best asked in zen forum, but I'll answer it up to 6.5
>
> Remote control/view of deskop.
> Remote wakeup of desktop (if unit supports it)
> Remote file transfer to desktop
> Application deployment and distribution
> Windows group policy control/distribution
> Workstation hardware and software inventory
> Dynamic local user creation with specified rights (when you log in with
> a netware account it creates it on the workstation automatically if you
> configure a policy to do so)
>
> There's more than this but that's the big items.

0
thick

NetWare Servr Only
We only have a NetWare Server (that will be updated to OES2 at a later date. We need to have a few Windows XP PCs setup so when I login into my tree using the Novell Client, that I also log into the local windows XP PC. Are there settings somewhere that I need to review? I can't use a generic windows local ID because the local ID needs adinistrator privileges and I don't want to setup a local ID with no password where it could be accessed by anyone Any suggestions? IDM, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That...

Zenworks and NetWare 6
We are using Workstation Manager of zenworks 1.1. We plan to upgrade our NetWare 5.1 servers to NetWare 6. Do I need to upgrade to Zenworks 6? Thanks Jeff You might try asking this over in the Zen forums, thx. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Please take our online survey of forum users! http://www.zoomerang.com/survey.zgi?FKVB16A63TWKL6C1VK5TPJA1 Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. ...

Zenworks 10 and Netware
We have 2 Netware 6.5 servers and about 50 workstations. Now we want update some clients to Windows vista. I found that only Zenworks 10 supports Vista, but runs Zenworks 10 with Netware? Does Zenworks 10 require an dedicated Server? Thanks Markus Pfeffer Markus, > but runs Zenworks 10 with Netware? > no, there is no support for ZCM with NetWare > Does Zenworks 10 require an dedicated Server? > yes - see http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_installation/data/b89a1a0.html -- Shaun Pond ...

Netware and XP password synchronization
I am unable to synchronize my NDS password with the local XP workstation password. The option on the workstation login screen is disabled. We have no NT servers and use client version 4.90. Is this possible with Netware and XP pro workstations? Just a guess, but is NMAS Authentication enabled? Check in client properties on the Advanced Login tab. -- -Barry. [Novell Support Forums SysOp] Barry, > Just a guess, but is NMAS Authentication enabled? Check in client > properties on the Advanced Login tab. Even worse, just having NMAS installed will do thi...

Netware & Windows XP...
Windows XP Pro SP 2 Novell Client 4.90 SP2 Is there a way I can ENABLE my Windows XP firewall and still be able to connect to my Netware tree? Whenever I enable my firewall...even with exceptions...all my Netware traffic comes to a screaching halt. Thanx. You may want to give this a go: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10095407.htm Otherwise, I'd suggest getting a real firewall instead of the MS toy. stmasi@hotmail.com wrote: > Windows XP Pro SP 2 > Novell Client 4.90 SP2 > > Is there a way I can ENABLE my Windows XP firewall ...

Netware and Windows XP Home
I understand that the Netware Client is not officially supported on Windows XP Home. I've also read on this site that much of Netware 6.5's functionality is available with only a browser on the client. Does this mean that I no longer need the Netware Client on a Netware 6.5 installation? However, if the Netware Client is still needed, are there any workarounds for Windows XP Home. Thanks!!! Jerry K. A client is still recommended in most cases. There are no required workarounds for XP Home because there are no issues. It is simply not supported because MS does n...

First Netware Zenworks Install
Greetings all, I'm trying out Netware and Zenworks for my company, and we are trying to create a sample network before we commit to purchasing the product. Basically, are goals are to provide 1 stop files server access to users so they can access files from any computer within our 10 branches. Additionally, we would like to have complete control of the desktops so that we can push out new updates and images on a weekly basis, and hopefully reduce the malware overhead we are currently dealing with. In short, I'm wondering if there are any cookbookss or HOWTO's to crea...

Netware/Zenworks upgrade and migration
Current: Zenworks 4.0.1 ir5 and Netware 6 sp5 I am going to use the migration wizard to go to a new OES/Netware 6.5 sp6 server. I will also be upgrading to the current version of Zenworks. Questions: 1. Is it best to migrate to the new OS and reinstall Zenworks 4 and then upgrade Zenworks later? 2. Can I just use the zfd401_ir5.exe file to reinstall Zenworks on the new server? Thanks! Ken Novell....it does a server good! KeN Etter, > 1. Is it best to migrate to the new OS and reinstall Zenworks 4 and > then upgrade Zenworks later? Probably, yes. > 2. Can...

Unattend upgrade of XP with Zenworks
Has anyone ever tried to use a application object to run an unattended upgrade of XP. I'm having problems with it and I don't no if it is the unattend file not working or if it is even do able thought Zenworks? Any information would help! Thanks. Psturm, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.js...

Capturing Netware Printers under XP
Is it possible to capture a Netware SB4.2 printer as a DOS printer with Windows XP Pro? I can add a Netware printer OK in XP, but I don't see where it lets you assign an LPT port to it. I need to still print from a DOS legacy application, and the only thing that it understands is LTP1-3, not a UNC naming convention. >Try the following command: net use lpt1 \\servername\printqueue Is it possible to capture a Netware SB4.2 printer as a DOS printer with > Windows XP Pro? I can add a Netware printer OK in XP, but I don't see > where it lets you assign an LPT p...

Netware backupexec XP workstation
Hi - I have been trying to enable backup of the internal drive of an XP (sp2) workstatsion to the central backup unit on our 2 server cluster. The backup software is Backupexec 9.1 and is on Server2 or the system. I have enabled the TSA software on the XP workstation and it is running (Started) in the services section of the XP modules. When I scan for new clients on Server2 via Backupexec it is detected, but when I try a sample backup of the Workstation through Backupexec I cannot login to the Workstation TSA from the Backupexec console. ERROR - Unable to log into Server2 Workst...

Login to Netware on an XP machine
We have an XP machine with Windows XP SP1 installed, aswell Novell Client 4.90. Aswell as having the client installed on an XP machine you need to have a local XP account setup. This is not a very viable option as we run in a school and can not have over 1000 user accounts on every pc. After some research I have created just the 1 XP and have enabled AutoAdminLogon in the registry. The only problem now is that when the PC boots the Auto logon happens for the XP account and loads straight to the desktop with giving you the option to logon to the Netware system. The onl...

Netware Administrator for Windows XP
Hi! we are using Novell Netware 4.2 under Windows 98 SE. and to administrate users, i use Novell Administrator for windows 98 Requester Version 3.30.0. but i can not use this probram under Windows XP. do you know if i can find Novell Administrator for windows XP. Many thanks. Ahmed Abdelmoumen Ahmed, You need to use nwadmn32.exe. If its on your server it'll be in the sys:public\win32 directory, if its not there you can download from: http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/uns/pub/admn519f.exe/ -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop. ...

Web resources about - zenworks - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell goes large for ZENworks update
Novell has expanded the scope of its Novell ZENWorks IT management suite so that it can watch over 100,000 devices or more with a single server. ...

Novell ZenWorks Mobile Management Aims at BYOD Businesses
... rise of bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives challenges IT management capabilities in businesses of all sizes, Novell is debuting its ZenWorks ...

Information leak in ZENworks Asset Management disclosed
The Metasploit developers have published an information disclosure vulnerability in Novell ZENworks Asset Management that allows remote attackers ...

Novell ZENworks hands in a solid client management performance
Novell's ZENworks 10 Configuration Management is a solid, mature desktop manager with several useful features, including asset inventory, license ...

Novell goes large for ZENworks update
Novell has expanded the scope of its Novell ZENWorks IT management suite so that it can watch over 100,000 devices or more with a single server. ...

Edit Overview - Novell - CrunchBase Company Profile
Please provide a descriptive, neutral, third-person overview of this company. Avoid marketing language. Start with one sentence that best describes ...

Novell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... The Attachmate Group . It specializes in network operating systems, such as Novell NetWare ; systems management solutions, such as Novell ZENworks ...

Location security, app bundling helping St John of God manage mobility
With the 2015 completion of its $430m Midland Public and Private Hospitals on the horizon, Perth-based St John of God Health Care is repackaging ...

1E-Market leader in IT efficiency - UserDetails
Edit Profile Change Password Logout Log in / Register Partners Support Contact support Community forums FAQ Product documentation Request a trial ...

Application Packager
Application Packager job in Chicago, Illinois, US. Read the Application Packager job description and find other Sargent and Lundy jobs at Monster. ...