Network Connectivity Problems after installing Netware Cl

I am in the process of trying to set up the evaluation edition of SLES
2,
for the purposes of self education and possible deployment in the
future.

As part of this, I have needed to install the NetWare client onto a PC
for
testing.  The installation went smoothly, with no errors, and the
machine
was fine, until the PC was rebooted.

At this point, no connectivity to the Internet or to any network
service
was possible.

Using ping or any other troubleshooting tool is impossible - they have
all
reported winsock errors.

With DHCP enabled on the NIC, packets are being sent out but none are
being received.  Even though the Novell server is not yet configured,
DHCP server already exists on this network and has already passed
addresses to other devices on the network.  Setting a Static IP does
not
resolve the issue.  Reinstalling the drivers for the NIC does not
resolve
the issue.

Uninstalling the Netware client does not resolve the issue,

The only errors that are being shown in Event Viewer are as follows:

Application Popup: There was error (DATABASE NOT LOADED) processing
the
driver database
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( NLA ) cannot be found.
The
local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able
use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details,
Application Popup: There was an error (DATABASE OPEN FAILED)
processing
the driver database
NETDDE: Listen Failed: 15

The machine is running Windows XP Service Pack 2.  The Novell Client
version was 4.91 SP2.  The machine had been freshly booted, had the
Novell
Client installed with no errors, tested briefly and rebooted.  The
machine
had shown no signs of network troubles previously, and no other
software
was installed immediately beforehand.  The trouble did not start until
the
PC was rebooted.

I hope you can assist in this matter, as the only solution I can see
at
this point is to completely reformat and reload the computer.

--
dogwomble

dogwomble

dogwomble,

correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://support.novell.com/forums/

0
Automatic

Installing netware 6 servers in a netware 5 network
We currently have a netware 5 netware using cluster services 1(first ver) on 2 of the netware 5 servers. We want to install a new san and a cluster for it using two netware 6 servers clustered using the newer cluster services which is include with netware 6. What do I need to consider if i want to install these two netware 6 servers into our current netware 5 network Is it possible or should I install the netware 6 servers into a new tree. Appreciating ant help given Regards. phil.bec@culture.gov.uk, Assuming you want to add two new NW 6.x servers to the network, and leave...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #3
Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree Regards. Duplicate, answered above. PHIL.BEC@CULTURE.GOV.UK wrote: > > Sure, What do i need to do to make my Netware 5.0 SP4 Server > ready for install og Netware 6.5 Server into the exisiting Netware 5 tree > Regards. -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de ...

Installing Netware 6.5 into a current Netware 5.0 network #2
We currently have a Netware 5.0 network running sp4. Included in this is a 2 server netware 5 cluster running the original 1.0 cluster services. We intend to install another SAN which will be a 2 server Netware 6.5 cluster. Is it ok to install netware 6.5 with exisiting Netware5 Servers? I believe we need to apply the nwsp56a patch to all our Netware 5 Server first. is this correct?. Do you apply it to the master first as this is a cluster server? Also I am concerned that when I apply the nw5sp6a patch to our exisiting Netware 5 Cluster servers it will cause problems with them...

Installing Netware 6.5 Servers in a existing Netware 5.0 network
I need to install two new Netware 6.5 Servers into my current Netware 5.0 network with Service packs 4/5. What updates do I need to apply to the Netware 5.0 Servers and do I download the nw65sp1b overlay file only and use that to run deployment manager, or do I have to install sp1 first. Also can you purchase nw65 licenses seperately Thanking you in advance for help given. Regards. As a minimum the 5.0 servers need nw50sp6a, os5pt2a.exe, wsock4f.exe, flsysft3.exe, ts524o.exe, and Set client file caching enabled=Off. The DS version would preferably be edir851.exe plus edir8530.e...

NetWare to NetWare file copy problem
Hello All, We are trying to copy files from a Netware 6.5 server (SP6) to a newer NetWare 6.5 (SP7) server. We are copying an entire volume, VOL1. The source server has a 33GB volume with about 4GB of free space. When we start the copy the disk space on the source server drops and eventually the copy stops when space on the source server runs out. The destination servers volume is 200GB, so I have no idea why the source server is running out of space. We are doing the copy from a Windows XP PC, and to me it looks like the Netware server is doing some type of caching but not ...

Problem installing Netware
I downloaded the Novell Netware 6.5 evalution files, and when i try to install the server CD on my "server" computer, it asks its usual questions like manual or auto installation and so on. When i press auto install, it starts loading. When it has started loading, suddenly it stops loading at "Initialize debug", and then the whole loading process starts over again....what is the problem? There is no problem with the CD, i have tested it on another computer, and the installation proccess worked fine. Please help me solve this:D pkallberg21@gmail.com wrote: ...

Connecting Netware 4.1 and Netware 6 through a firewall
Hi folks, we have an Netware 4.11 Server with IPX (and IP) and a Netware 6 Server with IP (and IPX) in the same NDS tree. We want to bring the Netware 6 server in the DMZ of a firewall that does not route IPX packets. How can we assure, that the Netware 4.11 server in the trusted zone can still communicate (for NDS sync) with the Netware Netware 6 server in the DMZ. Can they communicate over IP (what ports have to be opened then at the firewall)? Thanks for you help. Achim Fokken > Can they communicate over IP (what ports have to be opened then at the >...

Connect Netware to two networks?
Have a particular problem. Recently setup a Citrix Farm. Citrix only runs on Windows or UNIX. Never had a windows server on my network before, so of course I needed to secure does boxes. I purchased a firewall and put all Windows servers behind the firewall. I punched some holes thru the firewall so the Windows servers can talk to Novell for NDS authentication, and ZenWorks. It works great people login to Novell and with the same credentials they login to the Windows Servers to run Citrix applications. However, I noticed that there is a latency problem when users r...

installing netware 6 into netware 5.1 enviroment
we have now have 3 novell 5.1 servers all with service-pack-8 which means that DS.NLM is now version 8.85c I am trying to install a NEW novell netware 6.0 server into the existing NDS and when I get to the screen eDirectory-Installation I get a little window that says "eDirectory installing" and on the next day its still there....... I have tried installing the NEW server with novell 6.0 in a new TREE and it works perfectly (?) at least I can log-on to both TREEs and things like "Novell Server Consolidation Utility" seem to work OK. In order to install Nove...

Problem with install NetWare/IP
I have one problem during install NetWare/IP. On console show error:"NUT.NLM is using 1 outdated API call You should upgrade to newer module when it beckomes available.. etc could you me help ? Thanks olimp wrote: > I have one problem during install NetWare/IP. > On console show error:"NUT.NLM is using 1 outdated API call > You should upgrade to newer module when it beckomes available.. etc This is just a warning for the developer. As an end user with no control on the actual code, you simply ignore this type of message. -- Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.1...

OES Netware Installation Problem
Hi, I am new to Netware. Thus, I used default settings for mostly every step during the installation. I was prompted the following error after clicking Next in the eDirectory Installation screen: --------------------------------- eDirectory has failed to install. Error code - 153 --------------------------------- When switch to the System Console, the significant error message that I noticed is as follow: -------------------------------------------------------------- Directory Services: could not open local database, error: -723 --------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - Network Connectivity Problems after installing Netware Cl - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...