Netware client 4.6 4.7 and 4.8 with Netware 6.5?

Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware
6.5?

As I'll be doing an upgrade and don't want to go around the workstations
twice to configure them.

John

> Can I run 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 of the Netware Client without issues with Netware
> 6.5?

You can run them but not sure without issues since some of those clients
were not tested against NetWare6.5

--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

They *should* run okay, but there will have been no testing done with
4.6 or 4.7, and no support will be available from Novell without current
clients.

--
Hamish Speirs
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop.

http://haitch.net

(Please, no email unless requested. Unsolicited support emails will
probably be ignored)

0
Hamish

Netware 6.5 with Clients 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8?
Is there any issues running Netware 6.5 with the Novell Client version 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 or should all the workstations be upgraded to the latest client? There will be single sign-on in use. Thanks You won't get much support from Novell when running v4.6 and v4.7 Novell Client versions. I highly suggest having all clients running the same version and the latest one the better. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) While they should run, at the very least, I'd go with 4.83SP2 -- and with XP the older clients won't ...

Netware 6.5 with Client 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8?
Is there any issues running Netware 6.5 with the Novell Client version 4.6, 4.7 and 4.8 or should all the workstations be upgraded to the latest client? There will be single sign-on in use. Thanks You won't get much support from Novell when running v4.6 and v4.7 Novell Client versions. I highly suggest having all clients running the same version and the latest one the better. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) ...

NetWare 4.11, NetWare for SAA, NetWare 6.5
Hi, we have 5 netware 4.11 servers. 2 are in the main office and 3 are in external offices, connected via vpn (DSL). The 2 servers in the main office are in tree1, the other 3 servers have there own 3 trees. One of the servers in the main office runs nw4saa and hostprint and we have to keep this running approx. 8-10 months. But we want to install 5 new netware 6.5 servers (2 in the main office and 3 in the 3 external offices). My plan is to install 1 server in the main office with ip and ipx installed (no scmd) to keep contact with the nw4saa server. The second ser...

Windows 95 netware client 3.4 with Netware 6.5?
Can I run Windows 95 with the Netware 3.4 client and still have access to the Netware 6.5 server? Thanks You should, best to ask in the netware.client.win9x forum. -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp (No Email Support, Thanks !) I'm doing it right now, as we speak ;-) have not found any problems with it, accessing 6.5, or other versions of NW. "John" <john@edd.com> wrote in message news:4IbFd.21509$Ei5.20047@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Can I run Windows 95 with the Netware 3.4 client and still have access to > the Net...

Netware 4.1 with Netware SAA 4.0 upgrade to Netware 5.1
Dear sirs, I would like to know what is the correct procedure to upgrade a Netware 4.1 with Netware for SAA 4.0 server to Netware 5.1. This is the last server we have to upgrade, all the other are already on netware 5.1. Can I just proceed with a inplace upgrade? If so, Do I have to change anything in Netware for SAA? What kind of service pack should I use on Netware 5.1? After upgrade do I need saa40020.exe for netware 5.1? Just a few questions to make sure I'am on the right track. Thanks in advance Ger van de Kolk I did a 4.1o to 5.0 with SAA4.0 a coup...

Netware 4.1 to Netware 6.5 how?????
Hello I need help on how to upgrade Netware 4.1 to Netware 6.5 I installed Netware 4.1 on a single network server with 5 workstations back in 1995. Since then I have only had to upgrade some patches to correct for y2k. The server has been running great, but now the servers hardware is giving troulbe. Thank You Tom How many users? With <30 or so, I would just do a new install. You need a fairly differently configured box to do 6.5 -- Dave Lunn NSC SysOp http://support-forums.novell.com You can also try checking out the "Netware Migration Wizard" at ...

Convert 7 Netware 4 Servers to Netware 6.5 over T1's
Hello, I have a client which is a bank and they have seven branches each with a Netware 4 server (4.11 and 4.2) connected on a WAN. Most of them are connected over fiber, but two of them are using T1 lines. At some point they will have to stop using IPX - although they have a stash of XP computers they will have to go to Vista one of these days. They are paranoid about upgrading to NW6.5 - especially upgrading the NDS. Most servers aren't even on NWSP9 yet because they read that all should be upgraded at once, and they haven't had time to update all the servers at once -...

Migration from Netware 4.2 to Netware 6.5
Ik want to migrate 2 Netware 4.2 server to 2 Netware 6.5 servers. I use the MgrtWiz. 6.5. This wizard give me the option to do a migration to Netware 6.5 from a Netware 4.2 server. But............. Yes, i have a problem.... The migration stops.... before he actual copy's a file to the destination servers.. The trustees are backuped... The destination server is a Netare 6.5 server installed with the overlay CD 6.5 sp 1... and over this i used the nw65sp1a pack... Also i updated the file nuwagent.nlm......on the servers What do i wrong...... > What do i wro...

Migration from Netware 4.11 to Netware 6.5
I noticed that you must use the Novell Migration Wizard 6.5 to do a migration from Netware 4.11 to Netware 6.5. Are there any issues running this older version of the Migration Wizard to do the migration? Thanks! John, > Are there any issues running this older version of the Migration Wizard to > do the migration? > Not really, just use TRUSTEE.NLM to backup the trustees beforehand. - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for...

End of Life Notice for e-Biz Impact Versions 5.4.6, 5.4.7, and 5.4.8
Just curious if all of you running version 5.4.x have made plans to upgrade to 5.5.x and if you have had any issues, especially if you are running on AIX 5.3 platform. http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1063649 Thanks, Vicki > Just curious if all of you running version 5.4.x have made > plans to upgrade to 5.5.x and if you have had any issues, > especially if you are running on AIX 5.3 platform. > > http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1063649 > > Thanks, > Vicki We are in the process of upgrading from 5.4 to 5.5. We've been running 5.5 in our test ...

Netware 4.11 coexist with Netware 6.5 server?
Can a Netware 4.11 server co-exist with a Netware 6.5 server, as there are two Netware 4.11 servers and each server will get migrated over to new hardware over two weekends. thanks Hi, John wrote: > > Can a Netware 4.11 server co-exist with a Netware 6.5 server, as there are > two Netware 4.11 servers and each server will get migrated over to new > hardware over two weekends. Yes, but they must be at DS621. And run the deployment wizard ones. CU, -- Massimo Rosen Novell Support Connection Sysop No emails please! http://www.cfc-it.de Yes it can - I...

Netware 6.5 SP8 EDir 8.8.5.4 & OES2

Patched 6.5.4 with 6.5.6 but agents are still running 6.5.4
I recently attempted to patch GroupWise 6.5.4 with the most recent patch 6.5.6. After the update finished, I restarted the server, checked all agents and noticed that they all were still running version 6.5.4. However, the first time that I attempted the patch, and I got to the end of the installation, I chose the option to automatically update the startup files, and to start the PO and the Domain (after clicking finish). When the domain and the PO started on the server (after I clicked on finish), they where running 6.5.6, but when I restarted the server and checked the ver...

Security advisory for Bugzilla 4.5.6, 4.4.6, 4.2.11, and 4.0.15
Summary ======= Bugzilla is a Web-based bug-tracking system used by a large number of software projects. The following security issues have been discovered in Bugzilla: * The 'realname' parameter is not correctly filtered on user account creation, which could lead to user data override. * Several places were found in the Bugzilla code where cross-site scripting attacks could be used to access sensitive information. * Private comments can be shown to flagmail recipients who aren't in the insider group * Specially formatted values in a CSV search results export c...

Web resources about - Netware client 4.6 4.7 and 4.8 with Netware 6.5? - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

Novell NetWare vs. Microsoft networking

Netware • Tag • The Register

CAIA Lab FAQ