How do I change a windows 2000 machine to logon using Novell client before windows client?

Currently I have a few machines that login using the windows client before
the novell client.

How do i change them to log on to the netware client before the windows
client.

The machines are windows 2000 run netware client 4.83 sp2.

devon

Open your registry and go to:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Change this value to:
"GinaDLL"="NWGINA.DLL"
--
Edison Ortiz
Novell Product Support Forum SysOp

NetWare 5 client on Windows XP machine??
Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows XP box? Thanks! Larry On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:27:27 GMT, larry@sigmawebstudios.com wrote: >Is there an update/apgrade for NW5 that will install a client on Windows >XP box? The most recent Novell client for Windows XP (and the whole NT family) is 4.90 with SP2. Go to http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp and select Novell Client as the product and Windows XP as the platform. If you have only NW 5.x servers, however, you may find 4.83 with SP3 easier to install. Unfortunately, I can...

Client 4.9 sp2 and Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows XP
I have several Windows 2000 computers with Novell Client 4.9 sp2 and I need to upgrade them Windows XP. I ran the upgrade on one PC and during the "Installing Network" portion of the upgrade I was asked to load several programs or files from the Novell CD. I know all these files are already on the computer. Is there a way to not have to manually tell the install to look for all these files? We have always uninstalled the novell client prior to doing a windows os upgrade. we either copy the setup files onto the c: partition or after the upgrade use the windows clie...

Windows XP & 2000 Client 4.90SP2 Active Window Problem
I am not sure if I am posting this message in the correct forum. I recently upgraded a Clients NW 6.0 server to NW 6.5 SP3 OES. The server runs DNS, McAfee Netshield, TapeWare 7 SP7D and Bordermanager 3.8 SP3. This server also holds some data. The clients are mostly Windows XP SP1 but there are some Windows 2000 SP4 workstations. The problem I have is when the users are working along (Doesn't matter what application they are in) they get kicked out of the active window. They are still logged into the servers and they can click back into the window they were working in to co...

Client Options not used by Windows Client
Hallo, with consoleOne configured Client settings at PO Level are ignored by Windows Clients When does the Windows GroupWise Clients get central configured Settings? GW7 on OES/Linux Gordon, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://su...

Automatic XP Windows logon and netware client 4.91 SP3
Is it possible to enforce the netware logon process and dispense with the windows XP workstation one. There are multiple netware account users but single XP workstation user account. I would like this account to be a "user" one rather than power user or admin. Thanks Martin > "Martin Hoare" <martin.hoare@spc.ox.ac.uk> wrote in message > news:aNdwi.944$pG6.406@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > > Is it possible to enforce the netware logon process and dispense with the > windows XP workstation one. > > There are multiple net...

remote install of TSM backup client on a windows xp or 2000 machine
--=_alternative 0051EC7885256F6D_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" All, I am wondering if there are any modules out there that invokes and completes remote installs of a backup application on Windows machines? I am familiar with rdist, but is this compatible with Windows. thanks, Derek B. Smith OhioHealth IT UNIX / TSM / EDM Teams --=_alternative 0051EC7885256F6D_=-- ...

Using Client Services for Netware in WIndows
Hello, I am trying to run Client services for Netware on WIndows XP so that I can map a drive to a Novell server without having the Novell Client installed. I have Client Services for Netware installed, but when I got to log in a box pops up asking me info about the Preffered server. I have put in the name the Tree and Context but cannot get connected. Any ideas or suggestions. Thanks If I remember correctly from way back when, the MS Client for NetWare was entirely bindery based, so no eDir type informtion would make any sense to it. To log in to that server, that s...

Windows 2000/XP Client Upgrade
I'm currently running Client 4.90 SP2 Update D and I'm going to upgrade to 4.91 SP2 Update A. The question I have is do I need to remove the existing client or can I just install the new client over top. With Windows 98 this generally caused problems is it different with Windows 2000? On a couple of test PC's I tried it both ways and it's been to short of a period to tell for sure but so far it seems to be working fine. The install went very smooth loading over top. I usually just use ACU to put the new one straight over the top Cheers Dave -- Dave Pa...

XP pro with Netware and windows client
I have a user who used to logon to netware and then was prompted for a windows password. This worked fine. Recently all of a sudden it is now going straight to the windows logon. It is not part of a domain but a workgroup, There are windows 2003 servers in the network but not set up at all on this machine. Once I logon to windows It goes to netware and asked to logon to the netware network. I have to choose the server inwhich we only have one and then logon again. It is backwards to what I was doing before,. Please help. Thanks client. 4.9 and or 4.83 Burnabryan, Can ...

Netware/IP Client for Windows XP
Hello I have currently been given the task of making our Novell Netware 4.11 Server communicate over IP. I have read about the use of Netware/IP to encapsulate the IPX packets in an IP packet so that this form of communication can occur, and I have also read about the downfalls of it, and a move to a more recent server would be the ideal solution, but that isn't going to happen and I need to get this to work. Am I right in thinking that you need to set up the Netware Client on the PC's to connect to the Netware/IP server? Is this possible using the Client for XP. ...

Windows logon precedes netware client
I am running XP with all the latest service packs/patches/etc, and the latest netware client, all patched to current. When the computer boots up, I am presented with the windows logon instead of the netware client logon. Once I log into the windows client (but before the gui interface/icons/desktop loads) the netware client appears. It looks exactly like the typical client login sequence, except the clients are in reverse order. I have tried all the obvious stuff (reinstalling the client, etc), but no luck. I went into network neighborhood -> advanced properties and set the net...

Windows XP x64 Netware client?
Any word on this yet? I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > I know it was posted earlier in the ng, but no word on it... > > Heck Windows XP x64 has been out since April! > John, So did you see this post by Hamish ? > From what I've seen its because the API's and interface keep changing > right up until the release date. A beta client that works with beta 1 of > the OS won't work with Beta 2, a beta 2 client won't work with the First > Releae Candidate .....

Windows XP and NetWare Client Interoperability
We have several WinXP boxes with the most current service pack as well as the most current security updates from MS that had issues functioning with any version of client above 4.83sp1e. The solution for that issue was to install the 4.83sp1e client. However, now many of the boxes we fixed already as well as some additional ones aren't responding to this fix. The login scripts run perfectly and it appears that everything is fine, but when you try to access any of the mapped drives that point to NetWare volumes, explorer.exe locks up and you have to shutdown before the compu...

Web resources about - How do I change a windows 2000 machine to logon using Novell client before windows client? - novell.netware.winnt-2x-xp

The Windows Blog

20/20 Will Offer ‘Important Window’ Into Life As Iraqi Refugee
... To ride that roller coaster of hope and anguish with these 149 refugees was dramatic, Vargas told TVNewser. “It’s a small but important window ...

Windows 10 Mobile Update For Older Lumias Pushed To 2016
Earlier this year Microsoft stated that their plan was to begin the roll out of Windows 10 Mobile to existing Lumia devices in December. With ...

Best Windows apps this week
One-hundred and fifty-nine in a series. Welcome to this week's overview of the best apps and games released for Windows 8.x and Windows 10 in ...

Here's what Microsoft has planned for Windows in 2016
Windows is still Microsoft's most important product. After a tough year, the company has managed to fix many of the issues that bugged users, ...

Microsoft partners with Chinese state-owned defense conglomerate to promote, sell Windows 10 to government ...
... expanded its partnership with one of China's largest defense and technology conglomerates as it announced a joint venture to get Windows 10 ...

'Clash Of Clans' Update From Supercell Adds A Personal Break Status Window And Winter Theme
"Clash Of Clans" fans that are annoyed by the Town Hall 11 personal break timer will love this optional update. Learn what the patch means for ...

Evernote's Skitch will soon bid Android, iOS and Windows farewell
... Skitch is one of your favorite sketching and annotation apps, we hope you're using a Mac, because it's saying goodbye to Android, iOS and Windows ...